PDA

View Full Version : What Flat Decks are for sale now

MattBMiller
07-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Looking for a 35, 36 or possibly 38 flat deck. Prefer to stay away from TRS drives. Looking for somewhat of a project. I really like the white one for same on OSO in MD with 540's and #3's.

RebarBox
07-14-2009, 04:20 PM
Courious, why a flat deck in lieu of Cafe or Gun?

Seafordguy
07-14-2009, 04:26 PM
It has TRS's but I know several people have said it is a really nice boat - I have no personal knowledge, just remember reading about it.

http://hrpa.homestead.com/TradinPost01.html

NJgr8ful
07-14-2009, 08:38 PM
Hey Matt mine is for sale turnkey, everything recently done, #3's 1985 35' flatdeck. 498ci, 250B&M, 4 new carbs, new Stellings, new Huber 1200s. Fresh motors, blowers, drives, & gimbals. Whole transom apart to remount new gimbals last year (100% solid & dry) took opportunity and repainted/re-powdercoated everything when reinstalled looks brand new. Best to date is 75.7mph on GPS and needless to say absolute crusher. Triple aluminum 1998 Florida Aluma Glide included with all new (x6) bearings.

Check link for Craigs list ad.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/1238220712.html

NJgr8ful
07-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Or if you really want a 'project' check this one out ... it a 28 though.

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8527

stormrider
07-15-2009, 09:42 AM
It has TRS's but I know several people have said it is a really nice boat - I have no personal knowledge, just remember reading about it.

That's Harvey's boat.
Nice boat and he is looking to move it.

MattBMiller
07-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Courious, why a flat deck in lieu of Cafe or Gun?

Love the lines of the flat decks. Not opposed to a Cafe though! I'm looking at those too, but I'd liek to do a restoration similar to the silver one posted a few days ago.

MattBMiller
07-15-2009, 01:11 PM
Hey Matt mine is for sale turnkey, everything recently done, #3's 1985 35' flatdeck. 498ci, 250B&M, 4 new carbs, new Stellings, new Huber 1200s. Fresh motors, blowers, drives, & gimbals. Whole transom apart to remount new gimbals last year (100% solid & dry) took opportunity and repainted/re-powdercoated everything when reinstalled looks brand new. Best to date is 75.7mph on GPS and needless to say absolute crusher. Triple aluminum 1998 Florida Aluma Glide included with all new (x6) bearings.

Beautiful boat! Unfortunately my boat doesn't seem to be selling just yet and can't swing two of them. Just putting my feelers out for what's out there at this point. If you still have it when my boat sells, I'll be calling you.

MattBMiller
07-15-2009, 01:12 PM

Beautiful boat as well, but would prefer #3's and a fairing.

Hollowpoint
07-15-2009, 02:01 PM
The boat Seafordguy mentioned is a 35' Mistress. I think he goes by wild thang on this site. The motors are no longer strong running 540's. He put those engines in another Cig and I think he has 502EFI's in there now. You really need to ask him for the latest particulars on the boat. I also think he's asking MUCH less than the original 45K.

The boat is clean, sweet and turn key last time I saw it about a year ago. Attached is a pic from a 2007 poker run. Well worth a serious look.

NJgr8ful
07-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Beautiful boat! Unfortunately my boat doesn't seem to be selling just yet and can't swing two of them. Just putting my feelers out for what's out there at this point. If you still have it when my boat sells, I'll be calling you.

Thanks Matt ... Labor of love (and sweat!) Don't worry I'll be here :cool: not in any rush to sell right now, cuz its running strong :26: but to the right person I'd let it go ;) I bought her from a guy up in Michigan, South Haven, 5yrs ago ... Call me even if just to chat .. later Chris 732-300-5222

cashbrain
07-15-2009, 11:19 PM

Nice Mistress..I sold mine last year to guy in Florida..
With all the crap the Chicago group made about the boat,the guy still calls me every now and then how nice the boat is and how much he enjoys it..
They are great boats,although I'm going to move up to a 38 Flatdeck
Best mine did was 71 with bumped 502's...

Chris
07-16-2009, 10:20 AM
Love the lines of the flat decks. Not opposed to a Cafe though! I'm looking at those too, but I'd liek to do a restoration similar to the silver one posted a few days ago.

Be careful what you wish for. As the king of DIY restos, I can tell you it's a greta way to make a big pile of money into a small pile of money. I've never done one that wasn't worth about half of what I spent on it. But that's what I like so it's worth it.

Chris' 35 with 3's on it is a really nice boat.

Chris
07-16-2009, 10:24 AM

That's very cool. I like the classic teak dash and windshield- it doesn't scream "race" but it appeals like a '66 corvette convertible. Cool & stylish.

On the TRS, you can buy good used one's cheap and toss them when they break. And there's still tons of them out there. 3 drives are getting scarce and the parts are ten times what TRS stuff costs. I personally wouldn't be afraid of a TRS boat. Unless I wanted to run 800 HP

redhotsommer
07-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks Matt ... Labor of love (and sweat!) Don't worry I'll be here :cool: not in any rush to sell right now, cuz its running strong :26: but to the right person I'd let it go ;) I bought her from a guy up in Michigan, South Haven, 5yrs ago ... Call me even if just to chat .. later Chris 732-300-5222

What was the name of that boat Chris? Wasn't it "Dirty Laundry" or something like that? Guy owned a bunch of coin-op laundramats...I looked at it years ago before I bought my Fountain.

Quinlan
07-16-2009, 10:06 PM
On the bright side just because SOMEBODY buys a newer one doesn't mean he wont have to drop some SERIOUS coin!! Dont ask me how I know.
But you cant beat the big red 1 on the side.

Tank
07-17-2009, 01:14 AM
Looking for a 35, 36 or possibly 38 flat deck. Prefer to stay away from TRS drives. Looking for somewhat of a project. I really like the white one for same on OSO in MD with 540's and #3's.

Save yourself the headache....No project...Come and get her.:(

stormrider
07-17-2009, 11:26 AM
There is a 38 flat deck in Mass.
IIRC, it used to be owned by TomFTM.
http://www.boats.com/boat-details/indexA/Cigarette-Racing-38-Sport-Boat/20185721

MattBMiller
07-17-2009, 01:39 PM
There is a 38 flat deck in Mass.
IIRC, it used to be owned by TomFTM.
http://www.boats.com/boat-details/indexA/Cigarette-Racing-38-Sport-Boat/20185721

Haven't seen that one yet!

NJgr8ful
07-17-2009, 10:49 PM
What was the name of that boat Chris? Wasn't it "Dirty Laundry" or something like that? Guy owned a bunch of coin-op laundramats...I looked at it years ago before I bought my Fountain.

yup redhot that was the name when I bought it, although if you asked me before your post I would have had NO CLUE! LOL :D And yes I did break the rule and curse ... and renamed it. :) Outnumbered

Quick question : Curious, why didn't ya buy it???

07-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Save yourself the headache....No project...Come and get her.:(

What are you moving up to? :driving:

NJgr8ful
07-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Be careful what you wish for. As the king of DIY restos, I can tell you it's a greta way to make a big pile of money into a small pile of money. I've never done one that wasn't worth about half of what I spent on it. But that's what I like so it's worth it.

:D :D :26: i agree with all your points Chris! Especially the last one :D

Kidding but you're actually right on, on all points ... these are labors of love and sweat and why do we all suffer through and continually punish ourselves over them? If was about the money it would never happen ... it's a wonder we are are successful business folks with the decisions we make RE our boats, but it's ALL for the love of the sport.

THANKS for compliments Chris & Jack!

Regards,
Chris

Tank
07-18-2009, 03:01 AM
What are you moving up to? :driving:

Sh!t, I wish I could say I was moving up...But seriously...Baby...life...Just not a whole lot of room to boat.....I'd like to sell my boat to someone that wants to sell it back to me in 4 years when the kid can enjoy it and we can rock that biotch. But right now, boating is at the low end of the priority list unfortunately...thus the sad face. This boat is my dream and will make someone really happy.

Then again, the way I look at it....If if doesn't sell, I'll keep it and let the kid rock it himself in 4 years!!:sifone:

drpete3
07-18-2009, 07:32 AM
Sh!t, I wish I could say I was moving up...But seriously...Baby...life...Just not a whole lot of room to boat.....I'd like to sell my boat to someone that wants to sell it back to me in 4 years when the kid can enjoy it and we can rock that biotch. But right now, boating is at the low end of the priority list unfortunately...thus the sad face. This boat is my dream and will make someone really happy.

Then again, the way I look at it....If if doesn't sell, I'll keep it and let the kid rock it himself in 4 years!!:sifone:
Where is a listing. Ill take a look at it.

lucky strike
07-18-2009, 02:45 PM

I've seen the boat close up.
They don't get any better than that rig.

NJgr8ful
07-18-2009, 03:23 PM

BTW, how is your 35' coming? Lost track of your progress. Konrads, painting, pretty much last I remember. Yours is almost a twin to mine with the race faring and hatches that look the same. Have you gotten to run it yet? And the 41'? :drool5:

Tank
07-18-2009, 04:47 PM

I've seen the boat close up.
They don't get any better than that rig.

Thanks for the compliment Steve. We try to keep it in good shape. It's not perfect, but we try to keep it nice. Hope all is well with you guys.

lucky strike
07-18-2009, 06:28 PM
:):)Tank...You can always leave it in FL for 4 years.
I'll store it in the warehouse & only use it on Sundays.
I'll have it ready for the Key West Poker Run each year 4 you.
Oh ya...I wouldn't let LS Jr or LS-3 abuse it ....honest ! :):)

Tank
07-18-2009, 08:31 PM
:):)Tank...You can always leave it in FL for 4 years.
I'll store it in the warehouse & only use it on Sundays.
I'll have it ready for the Key West Poker Run each year 4 you.
Oh ya...I wouldn't let LS Jr or LS-3 abuse it ....honest ! :):)

You're offering free storage and maintanace in Florida, and all I have to do is let a seasoned Cigarette owner use it? Don't tempt me!!! :sifone::sifone:

Tank
07-19-2009, 12:07 AM

Here ya go....:seeya:

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/classifieds/index.php?page=out&id=290

stecz20
07-19-2009, 12:15 AM
tank it will go quick... i promise.... i have to say, if i knew then what i know now i would have never sold the boat, never... i miss my boat everyday.....

Tank
07-19-2009, 12:27 AM
tank it will go quick... i promise.... i have to say, if i knew then what i know now i would have never sold the boat, never... i miss my boat everyday.....

I know, and I know I'll be in the same "boat" as you...I'm seriously on the fence but I might as well throw it out there and see if anyones interested. It's definately not a fire sale. I had a guy offer 50k for it yesterday site unseen...Thanks, but no thanks. I'm not going to give it away. If someone wants it and wants to pay a fare price for it then, you know where to find me. Like I said, if it doesn't sell, then I'll keep on enjoying it when I get the chance to. It's listed here and one other place. When the ad is up, if it hasn't sold, I'll take it off the market.

07-19-2009, 12:53 AM

Here I thought you would be announcing that the "last Gladiator" or the like would be next! :sifone:

Buoy
07-19-2009, 01:04 AM
Wait a minute.
Am I getting this right that Stecz used to own Tanks current boat??
Apparently I missed that somewhere - if I'm reading this right.

Bobcat
07-19-2009, 09:08 AM
no stecz had a cafe I believe

cigdaze
07-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Here ya go....:seeya:

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/classifieds/index.php?page=out&id=290

Thanks.
:cool:

stecz20
07-19-2009, 01:01 PM
no i meant i would have never sold my cig..... i sold my cig trying to move up to fatboy or a glad. only problem is my son came few months early and cabashed the whole deal, not to mention his 2 million dollar bill. so upgrading took a back seat to life. if i was not in such a rush id still have my cafe.... i was just ready to make a real move on fatboy or a glad.. sometimes when you least expect it, life happens.....lol

Buoy
07-19-2009, 01:23 PM
I remember all that going on when your boy was born.
Gotta do what you gotta do for the family and kids.
I just wasn't sure where your boat ended up.
Didn't mean to confuse anyone.

redhotsommer
07-20-2009, 11:04 AM
yup redhot that was the name when I bought it, although if you asked me before your post I would have had NO CLUE! LOL :D And yes I did break the rule and curse ... and renamed it. :) Outnumbered

Quick question : Curious, why didn't ya buy it???

I was really after a Cafe...looked at a couple Mistresses (that one and Doug's Pure Adrenaline)...but the interiors were a little spartan for my wife's taste. I was pretty pumped on the drivetrain on BOTH Mistresses...but the wife really doesn't care what's under the hatch, just that she gets to go boating every weekend.

Then I saw the red Fountain and pretty much fell in love.

Seafordguy
07-20-2009, 11:58 AM
This one just showed up on another website....

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1275524555.html

MattBMiller
07-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Anyone know this boat??

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/cigarette_35-o25614-en.html

07-21-2009, 02:29 PM
no i meant i would have never sold my cig..... i sold my cig trying to move up to fatboy or a glad. only problem is my son came few months early and cabashed the whole deal, not to mention his 2 million dollar bill. so upgrading took a back seat to life. if i was not in such a rush id still have my cafe.... i was just ready to make a real move on fatboy or a glad.. sometimes when you least expect it, life happens.....lol

It will come to you brotha, You definitely earned it. :sifone:

wild thang
07-21-2009, 10:48 PM
1982 Mistress, lots of updates, TRS, 502 MPI's, new instrument panel, aluminum tow master trailer. Bought a Top Gun, Mistress must go, 25,000. Will send pics on request. Boat is in good shape, don't let the price scare you. I want it to find a good home.

Harvey
252-339-4560

drpete3
07-22-2009, 09:10 AM
1982 Mistress, lots of updates, TRS, 502 MPI's, new instrument panel, aluminum tow master trailer. Bought a Top Gun, Mistress must go, 25,000. Will send pics on request. Boat is in good shape, don't let the price scare you. I want it to find a good home.

Harvey
252-339-4560
Come on just post em up

MattBMiller
07-22-2009, 07:24 PM

Harvey
252-339-4560

Lets see some pics!

HPOffshore
07-23-2009, 12:27 PM
Anyone know this boat??

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/cigarette_35-o25614-en.html
I do....I sold it to the current owner, and he just doesn't use it anymore; got a center-console. Boat came from MI. originally(circa 2001). Let me know of any questions at all. I also took those photos in the ad.
Hugh

drpete3
07-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I do....I sold it to the current owner, and he just doesn't use it anymore; got a center-console. Boat came from MI. originally(circa 2001). Let me know of any questions at all. I also took those photos in the ad.
HughI like the 540's N/A. What kind of top speed do she have?

HPOffshore
07-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Perfect day...80ish
Low to Mid-70's other-wise