PDA

View Full Version : To all my friends in Chicago

cashbrain
07-12-2009, 12:31 PM
It's really very entertaining to see all the smack about me on OSO. I have been banned for a long time and have not posted anything other than here. So what did happen to the club?
Have your fun !!:sifone:

StraightJacket
07-13-2009, 10:51 AM
We are still all around just laying low. Just like time , peoples lives change and so do thier Priorities.

Chi-Town Hustler
07-21-2009, 10:27 PM
As far as I am concerned "nothing". When poker runs that normally have 100-+ boats and now only have 20, its time to take a break and simply enjoy simple boating. If anyone is not affected by this wonderful economy we have, then you are really lucky. I am working harder than ever and making less everyday. My boat is still in storage. My priority is my 2 year old daughter. The boat will always be there. I may get it in water in August for a couple of blasts but tomorrow is another day.

Mark Smith

OBNOXUS
07-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Amen !!!!!!!!!!

OBNOXUS
07-22-2009, 07:48 AM
Im done till August or Sept to,,,,, but for other reasons !!! :driving::mad:

MarylandMark
07-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Good luck Mark! I've never met you but you have a cool name and seem like a class act in your post, running the club, etc- hope all works out for you!!

cashbrain
07-22-2009, 01:04 PM
Mark,

You have been nothing but a gentleman to me and I consider you a very straight up guy. It is my opinion that there is no club,just a Poker Run, which is principally why I exited(we won't even go into the character assasinations because of pettiness). My vision was a social club and that is exactly what COPS was.Everyone participated, everyone was included, and everyone had fun...I know I did.
While the Poker Run is great, how many people don't want to participate because their boat isn't fast enough or big enough? We had this dissagreement when all of us met a Shay's office and sure enough,it evolved to where it is now.NIOC has SOCIAL functions,other clubs have social functions,CPC has a Poker Run.
Unfortunately, having a Poker Run doesn't constitute a club..it's an event.
I assembled the Pirates Ball, Spring Opener,Boat Show Party, and the INEXPENSIVE fun runs so everyone could attend.
In retrospect,what I did was thankless and I am so glad that I have unloaded the entire situation.I have no animosity....just thankful I'm no longer involved.

redhotsommer
07-22-2009, 01:18 PM
I think bad influence qualifies as a club...but it's more of a drinking club :).

Magic Medicine
07-22-2009, 01:21 PM
I think bad influence qualifies as a club...but it's more of a drinking club :).

I think your right on that one! Plenty of boats out in our crew and we have members in at least 4 states!

cashbrain
07-22-2009, 01:34 PM

I would agree...and I hope you guys have alot of fun....THAT IS WHAT BOATING IS ALL ABOUT !!!

Trim'd Up
07-22-2009, 03:45 PM
If it is a drinking club, where do I sign up? Most of my buddies wives say I am a bad influence already. :D

Magic Medicine
07-22-2009, 04:03 PM
If it is a drinking club, where do I sign up? Most of my buddies wives say I am a bad influence already. :D

You need to come up to the city and see if you pass the test:26:

B.Z.
07-22-2009, 04:42 PM

Now you are talking

StraightJacket
07-24-2009, 11:08 PM
You need to come up to the city and see if you pass the test:26:

You going to tell him before or after that he has to pick up the tab for the nite to see if he qualifies, :willy_nilly:

StraightJacket
07-24-2009, 11:11 PM
True to the Cause

Chi-Town Hustler
07-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Mark,

You have been nothing but a gentleman to me and I consider you a very straight up guy. It is my opinion that there is no club,just a Poker Run, which is principally why I exited(we won't even go into the character assasinations because of pettiness). My vision was a social club and that is exactly what COPS was.Everyone participated, everyone was included, and everyone had fun...I know I did.
While the Poker Run is great, how many people don't want to participate because their boat isn't fast enough or big enough? We had this dissagreement when all of us met a Shay's office and sure enough,it evolved to where it is now.NIOC has SOCIAL functions,other clubs have social functions,CPC has a Poker Run.
Unfortunately, having a Poker Run doesn't constitute a club..it's an event.
I assembled the Pirates Ball, Spring Opener,Boat Show Party, and the INEXPENSIVE fun runs so everyone could attend..In retrospect,what I did was thankless and I am so glad that I have unloaded the entire situation.I have no animosity....just thankful I'm no longer involved.

I am so insulted from reading this.

Why are you bringing this up? If you are looking for a 'pat on the back' you definately deserve it. I don't think there is anyone with more grand ideas than you and worked very hard to carry them out. I liked many of your ideas. You did put all of this in motion. However, I am lazy and stupid and chose the basic and simple route.(KISS theory)

Just to set the record straight. We had a very nice booth and hosted a boat show party every year except this one.(boat show sucked) We had many Spring opener partys until Hammond closed. Then the next year we held one at East Chicago, put on by Roger. I had a Pirates Ball at my house but wife was pregnant the next year so no more. We had 2 Northpoint fun runs put on by Rick and Denny and I MC'ed. The poker runs have been a blast and first class all of the way.

In a long hot dry summer, my grass turns brown and dormant. I can try real hard to constantly watering my grass but I chose to leave it alone. I looks dead but it is not. When it cools down and rains comes, the grass continues to grow. It is our chosing to lay low for now. Real simple.

BTW, I have been a member of NIOC for many years and they too have their share of issues dealing with people.

redhotsommer
07-25-2009, 01:15 AM
In a long hot dry summer, my grass turns brown and dormant. I can try real hard to constantly watering my grass but I chose to leave it alone. I looks dead but it is not. When it cools down and rains comes, the grass continues to grow. It is our chosing to lay low for now. Real simple.

Damn, Mark. Did Debbie buy you the the DVD set of "Kung Fu" or something?:03:

Magic Medicine
07-25-2009, 08:38 AM
You going to tell him before or after that he has to pick up the tab for the nite to see if he qualifies, :willy_nilly:

:26::rofl::sifone:

Trim'd Up
07-25-2009, 09:37 AM

That's alright. Just another business expense. :sifone: Looks like I may be up that way for a while to build a hotel. So do you let guys with little, old boats with big motors in the club?

Magic Medicine
07-25-2009, 09:48 AM
That's alright. Just another business expense. :sifone: Looks like I may be up that way for a while to build a hotel. So do you let guys with little, old boats with big motors in the club?

all boats are welcome. Especially if they have full coolers!

B.Z.
07-25-2009, 04:12 PM
all boats are welcome. Especially if they have full coolers!

Just ask B-Bobb