PDA

View Full Version : 2009 PINKS All Out Event Schedule

socalstone
11-04-2008, 03:14 AM
For those who are interested in participating or spectating......

2009 PINKS All Out Event Schedule for Season Three*
(Pre-Registration & Test n’ Tune Held Friday Prior to Every Shoot)

Date Track Marketplace

Nov. 15 (’08) Montgomery Motorsports Park (Montgomery, Ala.)
Feb. 28 No Problem Raceway (Belle Rose, La.)
March 21 Texas Motorplex (Ennis, Texas)
April 25 zMax Dragway (Concord, N.C.)
May 9 Memphis Motorsports Park (Millington, Tenn.)
May 30 O’Reilly Raceway Park (Clermont, Ind.)
June 20 Maryland International Raceway (Budds Creek, Md.)
July 11 U.S. 131 Motorsports Park (Martin, Mich.)
Aug. 15 Pacific Raceways (Kent, Wash.)
Sept. 12 Auto Club Famoso Raceway (Bakersfield, Calif.)

*All Dates & Locations Subject to Change; Rain Dates Scheduled for the Following Sunday

Ted
11-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Hmmm, Budds Creek huh? Wonder if I could slap a Serious Offshore sticker on my Mustang :D

zitoracing
11-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks for posting the Schedule .
No Problem Raceway is our local track.

StraightJacket
11-07-2008, 06:34 PM
A few of my buddies did it and had a blast . I don't really care for Rich but the concept is good. Thinking about putting my car back together. Easier to build one motor for it than 2 for the Fountain right now.

socalstone
11-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Some of these events have brought 25000+ people in. It's been awesome to watch drag racing have it's day in the spotlight. Rich is a character. He's very intense, and comes across like an azz sometimes, but he really is a good guy. Just passionate about his shows. Makes him tough to work with though, Nate and Charles have recently quit and a few others seem to be on the verge.

StraightJacket
11-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Nate and Charles seem to be the only ones that knew what they were talking about.

SkaterGirl
11-07-2008, 08:15 PM
thanks for posting the schedule! My hubby is a diehard fan and I want to send him to the one in MI. And it's at a close track too. Doesn't get much better than that :)

socalstone
11-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Nate and Charles seem to be the only ones that knew what they were talking about.

Yeah, they were early contestants, then became Rich's technical advisors on PINKS. Rich openly admits to knowing nothing about cars, but he did come up with the concept for PINKS, filmed the pilot, pitched it to SPEED, and of course is the host.

PAO became so big they needed more help, so they brought in Nate's brother Adam and added Ken Herring, so I think there were 4? I'm not sure if Adam is still involved, but Ken is still there, plus they hired a new guy.... Steve I think. Maybe some others. The show must go on, right?

Anyway, they are really cool events. loads of people and everyone seems to have a blast.

MahopacMarine
11-11-2008, 09:55 AM
I was speaking with Charles in Vegas for the SEMA show and found out that he is really into boating. His young son and he run his Cat together. He wheels and his son throttles! Real cool.
Real nice guy and very knowledgable about boats as well as cars.

fstboatlvr
11-18-2008, 01:16 AM
The event in montgomery this past weekend was huge. According to the track manager, it was the largest gate turnout they have ever had. The chosen 32 car field was running mid 9 second 1/4s. They also had a wheelie competion that was pretty entertaining as well. There were several hundred cars there trying to make the show. Good for the fans, good for the local economy......................

Slandrew
12-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Went to Englishtown,New Jersey 2008 did not see it on 2009 list!Great time last race Mustang vrs Blue Duster Mopar won:sifone:

Shah Mat
01-23-2009, 02:10 PM
I tried to get a racer ticket for Budds Creek on the sale date. I had 5 of my friends on their home computers armed with my info ready to register. I figured it would sell out in minutes so I thought I had the plan..... I think it sold out in seconds. There was a countdown clock on the webpage and you were supposed to refresh your page at zero seconds, then click on a link to register. One out the five of us got to the registration page and it said "no tickets available" when he did. I think there was some sort of inside trick with the countdown clock. All five of us were in communication with our cells on speaker phone and we noticed that our countdown clocks did not match. There was a 10-15 second difference. Oh well.......:(

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s21/bftstam/mir.jpg

MarylandMark
01-24-2009, 11:41 AM
Hmmm, Budds Creek huh? Wonder if I could slap a Serious Offshore sticker on my Mustang :D

SOS day at the track? I'm in - Budds is about 20 minutes south of me.

SocialStone- I think you said you help produce that show or some thing in the past? (let me know if this is outting you and want me to edit)..