PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Marine Machine

BBB725
07-03-2009, 08:19 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to Byng and everyone from Marine Machine. I called Monday morning and talked to Byng Goode about my 12 year old steering rams that were leaking and I also needed longer tie bars between the motors. He asked that I send pictures of everything which I did that morning, he quoted the price for rebuilding them and new tie bars. I sent them out Monday afternoon UPS NDA so they would have them Tuesday, I explained that I wanted them back ASAP and he said they would turn them around as fast as they can. Wed morning UPS delivered them to me, not only was everything done correctly they also took the time to clean and polish all the parts I sent. Thanks again for the great service.

Chris
07-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Yep- great guys.

I called them last year for parts for a decade-old set of throttles. They told me the parts hadn't been available for some time. I asked if they had suggestions. They say "Hang on". Two minutes later they come back- "Ah, we'll whip a set of them up in the lathe for you. It's gonna' take a while though. We're really busy. Is next week OK?"

They charged me $20.

ChiefApache
07-10-2009, 12:40 PM
They redid our rams a few years ago and did a great job! Agree on the fast service.

Trim'd Up
07-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Nice to hear positive stories about the marine industry.

08-31-2009, 02:58 PM
One more thumbs up for Byng at Marine Machine.

I needed to vent the air from my raw water. I expected to have to fabricate an elaborate system to do it. I called Byng after Mark at MERPerformance suggested I do so.

Byng could have sold me two new sea strainers and I would have bought them no questions asked. But instead, he told me the strainers I have were more than adequate, just send them back so he can retrofit the lid I needed. The lid is a two piece design (allowing perfect hose orientation) with a cone top. There is a Heavy duty screen to prevent crap from clogging the 28lb# pop-off valve which MM also provided. He said they are custom fit, lid to stainer, and just sending it to me would probably lead to galled threads.

First class operation. He definitely put my interests before his. :USA:

I could have had them painted but I was in a hurry to get them back.

Here is a picture. I am getting a new SS 90* fitting to drop the height but took the pic with the wrong 90* in there.

OldSchool
08-31-2009, 03:24 PM
One more thumbs up for Byng at Marine Machine.

I needed to vent the air from my raw water. I expected to have to fabricate an elaborate system to do it. I called Byng after Mark at MERPerformance suggested I do so.

Byng could have sold me two new sea strainers and I would have bought them no questions asked. But instead, he told me the strainers I have were more than adequate, just send them back so he can retrofit the lid I needed. The lid is a two piece design (allowing perfect hose orientation) with a cone top. There is a Heavy duty screen to prevent crap from clogging the 28lb# pop-off valve which MM also provided. He said they are custom fit, lid to stainer, and just sending it to me would probably lead to galled threads.

First class operation. He definitely put my interests before his. :USA:

I could have had them painted but I was in a hurry to get them back.

Here is a picture. I am getting a new SS 90* fitting to drop the height but took the pic with the wrong 90* in there.

What are you planning on doing with the old blue caps?? I have the identical ones and the blue coating is peeling off in the center. No biggie, but if you have no use for them, let me know how much $$ and I'll take 'em off of your hands!

Craig:)

08-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Yeah, I can part with them.

They are in good shape but not flawless, Let me clean them up and shoot a picture or two to you. :USA:

MERPerformance
09-07-2009, 12:57 PM
2112 Will the pop off valve still allow you to bleed air below 28 psi? I like the idea of the screen to keep from fouling the valve up.

11-01-2009, 05:53 PM
I was reading that back cover piece in last months Powerboat discussing drug interdiction boats and the move to Nortech and I tried to read the more interesting article they had a picture of of a similar article written 20 years ago.

I was able to make out that Byng was the owner of Midnight Express at that time.

I did not know that. Thought it may be news to a few others here as well.

11-01-2009, 06:03 PM
2112 Will the pop off valve still allow you to bleed air below 28 psi? I like the idea of the screen to keep from fouling the valve up.

Shoot, I missed this, sorry :(. I think the answer is yes. In fact when I hook my system up the hose to run it in my driveway (for the joy factor of driving my neighbors insane) I had to plug my thru transom fittings so that the hose water would fill the entire raw water side of my system.

I am not sure what my hose pressure is but I would think it is low. I later rectified it by placing 1/4 NPT brass allen plugs (in the transom fitting) and drilling them out to .250". Water still shoots out 20 feet, but the headers fill to the top in a few seconds.

BTW, I did run the boat on Puget Sound and both my oil and water temps were down 20 degrees over what I was without the venting. :USA:

LK 525sc382
02-22-2010, 01:30 PM
Where did you get the Straight and curved hose barbs??