PDA

View Full Version : Lake Travis--Carlos and Charlies Poker Run

gerritm
06-24-2009, 09:11 AM
We are thinking of coming to the LTPA Carlos and Charlies poker run in July. What ramps do you think will be open to launch our boats? 42'Fountains? I think we are staying at Lakeway. I know I launched my smaller 32' there a couple of years ago when the water was very low, but I don't know if you can get a 42 in there. We had a hard time with the 32. I am pretty sure Mansfield will still work. Any others?

Griswald
06-24-2009, 01:07 PM
Mansfield Dam is down to 2 lanes............get there early

clayinaustin
06-29-2009, 03:07 PM
Lake Travis has about 12 public ramps. 11 of them are closed, and the one open ramp (Mansfield Dam Park) is down from 4 lanes to 2! :eek:

Get there early!

gerritm
06-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Lake Travis has about 12 public ramps. 11 of them are closed, and the one open ramp (Mansfield Dam Park) is down from 4 lanes to 2! :eek:

Get there early!

I think we are going to skip it this year. Too many hassles trying to get the boats launched. One of our buddies just got back from Travis and did mucho damage to his outdrives and props. Not sure what he hit but it was expensive.:ack2:

sweet addiction
01-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Whatever happened? Have any pictures. About the end of July into August the water was low Parks and Wildlife put some rocks at the end of the ramp. My trailer backed onto them but I was pretty nervous if it was going to drop off soon. I kept the truck on the pavement. I am glad the water is back up now, that was the pits.

I think we are going to skip it this year. Too many hassles trying to get the boats launched. One of our buddies just got back from Travis and did mucho damage to his outdrives and props. Not sure what he hit but it was expensive.:ack2:

bwammack02
01-26-2010, 11:41 PM
All the ramps should be open and the lake is still coming up. Its going to be a great year to be on the water.:driving:

sweet addiction
01-26-2010, 11:50 PM
You could put this in the 2010 thread I started. This one is old.

All the ramps should be open and the lake is still coming up. Its going to be a great year to be on the water.:driving: