PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Drama at P1

H2O Full Throttle
06-21-2009, 03:37 AM
Just been chatting to some people at the P1 race in Turkey. Seems like one of the teams has been clambering over another teams boat looking into their engines to see if some parts would match their engine as they were having probs with it. All this was done without the other teams knowledge and lets say once the team found out they were very very ****ed. :boxing_smiley:

Will be interesting to see what happens as last comms with Turkey had the said team whose boat was clambered over "chatting" with Asif.

glh
06-21-2009, 06:18 AM
Lesson #1:
-Mind your sh!t and don't let the competition climb on your rig without you knowing...

H2O Full Throttle
06-21-2009, 06:21 AM
GLH - Amen to that and word has it they even managed to pull some cover off the engine and check out the inside bits to see if the ones they were looking at would fit.

Methinks the **** will be hitting the fan soon. :)

boatme
06-21-2009, 06:42 AM
Two rules

1) dont touch my girl
2) dont touch my boat

Airpacker
06-21-2009, 07:26 AM
never leave the door to the cheese shop open and not expect the rats waiting outside to come in.

stainless
06-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Two rules

1) dont touch my girl
2) dont touch my boat

:sifone:

stainless
06-21-2009, 07:38 AM
never leave the door to the cheese shop open and not expect the rats waiting outside to come in.

True!

jayboat
06-21-2009, 08:48 AM
That's a pretty ballsy thing to do. Wonder if the perps will be disqualified from further events?

BlackJack58
06-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Two rules

1) dont touch my girl
2) dont touch my boat

3) Or my beer...

Ratickle
06-21-2009, 09:04 AM
3) Or my beer...

I'd just change that one to "Drink", but oh so true.

phragle
06-21-2009, 11:21 AM
I thought that got people shot over there.........

Rik
06-21-2009, 02:32 PM
Let me guess. WAG.. Wild Ass Guess

The team with the engine problems would be Team 66 who purchased Nigel Hooks engines out of his Skater and the team they would have looked at would be narrowed down to two, either #88 or #10

Am I close????

C_Spray
06-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Merc, Ilmors, ???

ILMORdude
06-21-2009, 09:46 PM
only 1 evo team and 1 SS team. Wonder what the skinny is on this deal??

Slandrew
06-21-2009, 10:12 PM
Slimey move Surprized nobody got there head split open??

H2O Full Throttle
06-23-2009, 06:00 AM
Now that the talk is all around the pits I will enlighten all. Seems like it was someone on the Lucas Oil Outerlimits team that went walkabout on the Silverline boat. Jan and Co on the Silverline boat put some seals on the engine hatches and in the morning found they were broken, and that got them wondering.

Then a certain individual from the other team came up to them and asked if they could borrow some parts of their engines as they knew the parts would fit. Silverline asked "how they knew the parts would fit", other team said "we had a look" and then the ****e hit the fan.

Seems like Andy Wilby will have his hands full at the next round in San Benedetto trying to sort this one out as Jan and Co are NOT very happy to say the least.

Sort of surprised me when I was told who was involved, but I suppose racing is racing.

GENERAL LEE
06-23-2009, 09:41 AM
I thought that got people shot over there.........

I'm pretty sure that's only for minor offenses.

Everyone in the town gets a shot of whiskey and a rock to throw at you for issues like this.

I guess you just have to hope they run out of rocks? :willy_nilly:

LaughingCat
06-23-2009, 10:49 AM
Were these people just clueless? I don't know if there are actual rules against what they did. But common sense tells you race teams want to conceal their tweaks for conpetitive advantage. However, many teams will volunteer assistance to competitors so they have someone to race against. But to just openthe seals and look, bypassing an obvious sign that someone doesn't want snoops, that's just bad.

ThrottleUp Props
06-23-2009, 07:02 PM
And as you all know there is a second side to this story!

Julie

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Where fists flying?

Thats BS you don't open a competitors boat locked and sealed or not.

ThrottleUp Props
06-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Talked to one of our teams at the race this past weekend.
There is a lot more to this story than what's posted here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H2O Full Throttle
06-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Then feel free to post away Julie, I am posting what I have been told by four different people who were there and believe and trust them.

MarylandMark
06-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Then feel free to post away Julie

+1

:lurk5:

H2O Full Throttle
06-23-2009, 08:12 PM
And Hey if you want Julie I will ask Jan Falkowski to stop in and post his thoughts here since Silverline is his boat.

LaughingCat
06-23-2009, 08:47 PM
And as you all know there is a second side to this story!

Julie

there usually is, but no one has shared it. Time is working against the credibility of the 'second side'.

H2O Full Throttle
06-23-2009, 08:53 PM
And what surprises me is the fact that Lucas Oil was even involved in this. I know Nigel and Janet and respect them both. I even helped them at Malta last year to try and get their engine there in time for the race, midnight and we were back and forth with Fedex in Belgium. Joe Sgro I also have a lot of respect for, met him in Malta and previously at OSS races and what a really nice guy. The other 1/3rd of the public side of that team, well if he was on fire on the side of the road I wouldnt pi$$ on him to save his life so read between the lines if you wish.

The others on the team I dont really know so wont comment on them. I do hope Andy Hindley sorts it out at San Benedetto as powerboat racing doesnt need things like this, all scores should be settled on the water.

ThrottleUp Props
06-23-2009, 08:58 PM
I will do no such thing Ned. I will not and do not post negative comments about Offshore Racing....which has its ups and downs, good and bad. I am sure that the organization Powerboat P1 will address what needs to be addressed. I have great faith if our sport and do not find it necessary or productive to post controversial comments, especialy about situations I was not personaly involved with.

Let's, instead, talk about how the teams there worked together to get each other on the water so they could do what they love and entertain the spectators and fans.

Chris
06-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Bravo Julie.

For the rest- let's stick to first-hand facts and leave the guessing, conjecture and gossiping back at the sorority house.

H2O Full Throttle
06-23-2009, 11:01 PM
So let me get this right Chris, we are not allowed to discuss something that did actually happen at a race meeting, instead we must all act lovey dovey and say only nice things about powerboat racing. Gimme a break.

As much as we promote the awesome side of powerboat racing, there is also a need to highlight the less than desirable aspects of it as well. We probably do more than many others in promoting the sport of powerboat racing but I will be dammed if I am going to sit back and watch the negative side being swept under the carpet. Like Julie said in her own post there is always two sides to anything - powerboat racing included.

Chris - since the forum is yours I will respectfully not post here anymore and stick to our own forum since you only want Serious Offshore to be a place where nice things are said about powerboating. All the best and good luck with it. Ciao.

Ned

animalhouse
06-23-2009, 11:46 PM
H2O,

most of the members of the Lucas oil team have not returned from turkey yet, so have not had a chance to speak or defend themselves against one sided accusations. I know for a fact that at no time did any member of the Lucas oil team, including the gentleman that you speak so highly of, opened or entered any competitors boat.

Those involved will be available to comment tomorrow afternoon when they arrive home.

Chris
06-24-2009, 12:32 AM
Ned- all we asked is that you stick to the facts. You're relaying something you heard. And you've already made up your mind that it happened as you heard and that the parties in question are guilty. And by your comments it appears you're gathering a posse and assembling a lynch mob. You're follow-on posts contain comments highly indicative of some prior issue you have with these individuals.

This site is not here for individuals to press personal vendettas.

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Ned,

I would have expected a better choice of words out of a publishing professional. The put out the fire comment in my mind is in bad taste.

I have found there is often 3 sides of a story. Your side, his side, and the truth.

lucky devil
06-24-2009, 02:36 PM
I will not and do not post negative comments about Offshore Racing.... I am sure that the organization Powerboat P1 will address what needs to be addressed.

Seems like you are corroborating what Ned wrote about, otherwise why would there be any need for PP1 to address anything?

F1-00 Racing
06-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Seems like you are corroborating what Ned wrote about, otherwise why would there be any need for PP1 to address anything?

Devil,

How do you see this as a corroboration? An issue came up, Ned posted what he had heard(heresay) and all she did was point out that there is more to it than he heard and to let the appropriate authorities handle it instead of putting out half info w/o the players involved having a say. I must say until she was called out, she was very polite about it. As Jim said there are 3 sides to every story. I must add that I feel in offshore racing there needs to be a fourth side added. "We're working on it" seems to be a re-occuring theme nowadays. lol

Julie and Matt run a prop company that knows no political boundaries. Yes I am sure they have their opinions of this mess we call offshore racing, but they have clientel that race Class 1, P1, OSS, SBI/APBA, XCats, and OPA. It wouldnt be prudent for business to get involved in this drama we call "As the Prop Turns"

I respectfully ask that you back off with Matt and Julie as no matter how many associations come and go, they will still be in their shop creating competitive props and selling them(to everyone).

I am sure P1 will handle this matter in a professional manner, which includes not posting any information on any forum, and will deal with the teams involved and take the proper measures that they feel will be in the best interest of their organization.

Trent

ThrottleUp Props
06-24-2009, 04:08 PM

Uhhh NO!!!

That is not what I said.

Julie

ThrottleUp Props
06-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Devil,

How do you see this as a corroboration? An issue came up, Ned posted what he had heard(heresay) and all she did was point out that there is more to it than he heard and to let the appropriate authorities handle it instead of putting out half info w/o the players involved having a say. I must say until she was called out, she was very polite about it. As Jim said there are 3 sides to every story. I must add that I feel in offshore racing there needs to be a fourth side added. "We're working on it" seems to be a re-occuring theme nowadays. lol

Julie and Matt run a prop company that knows no political boundaries. Yes I am sure they have their opinions of this mess we call offshore racing, but they have clientel that race Class 1, P1, OSS, SBI/APBA, XCats, and OPA. It wouldnt be prudent for business to get involved in this drama we call "As the Prop Turns"

I respectfully ask that you back off with Matt and Julie as no matter how many associations come and go, they will still be in their shop creating competitive props and selling them(to everyone).

I am sure P1 will handle this matter in a professional manner, which includes not posting any information on any forum, and will deal with the teams involved and take the proper measures that they feel will be in the best interest of their organization.

Trent

Thank you Trent for your attention to detail.

I firmly believe in the race organizations ability to manage their business and clients.

Julie

ThrottleUp Props
06-24-2009, 04:15 PM

Uhhh NO!!!

Julie

lucky devil
06-24-2009, 07:44 PM
Devil,

Trent

translation: Don't let facts interfere with my opinions!

F1-00 Racing
06-24-2009, 11:57 PM
translation: Don't let facts interfere with my opinions!

No I must interject...

Translation: Dont open up a can of worms with "Heresay"