PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Victory Engines in Cleveland, OH

Compensation
06-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Wanted to let everyone know how happy I am with the service I received from Ray at Victory Engines. I lost an oil line and spun three rod bearings on Friday, May 29 (509 built on Merlin II bbc block). Thankfully I had good friends who helped me pull the engine and tear it down over the weekend. My wife took the disassembled engine to Victory the morning of Tuesday, June 2nd and I had an assembled short block with a ground and straigntend crank, three new connecting rods, new file fit rings, and re-worked heads back in my truck the evening of Tuesday, June 9th. Good friends had my back again with assembly and rigging in and I broke the new rings in on Friday, June 12. Ran the Wiener Run the following day and it ran flawlessly. Ray was in constant communication with me throughout the whole process, invited me to stop in and look at issues he identified (I did), returned all discarded parts, and most importantly, DID THE JOB ON TIME (who wants to pay for a rebuild after missing the poker run??).

I hear a lot of horror stories about engine builders but can only say that I was very happy with my experience with Ray and Victory Engines.

FULL FORCE
06-15-2009, 06:06 AM
Glad you are happy Dave! what a week of workin on boats!

I have always had great service with Victory over the last 15 yrs..always had parts back when promised and that is priceless on short boating seasons...weenie run was great and the Cig ran and looked good!

Compensation
06-15-2009, 12:51 PM
FOLLOW UP: Believe it or not, Ray called me this morning to make sure everything went well this weekend. I've spent years dumping inhuman money into motors (mostly Ducati) and never had a shop call to follow up. Wow.

LEOPAJM
06-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Thats good to hear !!!!

ChiefApache
06-15-2009, 03:53 PM
Dave, welcome to SOS!!!

We were thrilled to see the boat run so well ove the weekend. It was nice to see you smiling after all you've been through the last several weeks, and nice to see Jackie stop pacing! :biggrinjester:

We had a great weekend. Look forward to seeing you soon.

YankeY
06-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Wanted to let everyone know how happy I am with the service I received from Ray at Victory Engines. I lost an oil line and spun three rod bearings on Friday, May 29 (509 built on Merlin II bbc block). Thankfully I had good friends who helped me pull the engine and tear it down over the weekend. My wife took the disassembled engine to Victory the morning of Tuesday, June 2nd and I had an assembled short block with a ground and straigntend crank, three new connecting rods, new file fit rings, and re-worked heads back in my truck the evening of Tuesday, June 9th. Good friends had my back again with assembly and rigging in and I broke the new rings in on Friday, June 12. Ran the Wiener Run the following day and it ran flawlessly. Ray was in constant communication with me throughout the whole process, invited me to stop in and look at issues he identified (I did), returned all discarded parts, and most importantly, DID THE JOB ON TIME (who wants to pay for a rebuild after missing the poker run??).

I hear a lot of horror stories about engine builders but can only say that I was very happy with my experience with Ray and Victory Engines.

Do they do everything? I am fairly new to Cleveland, and last year when I was looking for help no one had mentioned them.

Which boat was yours (we watched everybody take off from shore)?

FULL FORCE
06-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Do they do everything? I am fairly new to Cleveland, and last year when I was looking for help no one had mentioned them.

Which boat was yours (we watched everybody take off from shore)?

Yes....dyno services too, I did not see you looking or I would have offered info....

35 Cafe.....nice lookin ride!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e41/86lxmustang/104_9233.jpg

Mrhorsepower1
06-16-2009, 05:48 AM
Good looking ride! Yankey we know who to run down now!! We will have to see what that Ol' 509 has in her. :sifone::cool::D My family and I have known Ray for many years, great guy.

YankeY
06-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Yes....dyno services too, I did not see you looking or I would have offered info....

35 Cafe.....nice lookin ride!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e41/86lxmustang/104_9233.jpg

I was looking on a couple of the other sites...no big deal - I always just like to have plenty of good resources. I definitely remember that Cafe...very (very) nice. :26:

SKRAMER
06-16-2009, 08:11 AM

This is AWESOME to hear.. I was starting to think it wasn't possible. When you told me Ray said you would have your engine back before the run I thought yea right!!!! But sure enough... I guess Ray is a man of his word.. Kudos to Victory Engines!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!!

Compensation
06-16-2009, 10:34 AM
No we will just have to wait and see if that 500 hour warranty the guy who put the heads on gave me will come into play...

FULL FORCE
06-16-2009, 03:05 PM
No we will just have to wait and see if that 500 hour warranty the guy who put the heads on gave me will come into play...

Good thing it wasn't me!!:sifone:

Mrhorsepower1
06-17-2009, 08:52 AM
Tim good thing it wasn't you! Your off the hook brother. ....I wanted to BS with you the other day when you were in , but it I have been Wide Open with work!! Good to see you though. :cool:

FULL FORCE
06-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Tim good thing it wasn't you! Your off the hook brother. ....I wanted to BS with you the other day when you were in , but it I have been Wide Open with work!! Good to see you though. :cool:

Thanks, I may be in this week for gaskets, doing some refreshing before the fun run...maybe you will have a minute...

Mrhorsepower1
06-17-2009, 05:44 PM
we can do that!