PDA

View Full Version : Svl

Pages : [1] 2

XtremeRacing
06-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Are we going to see the battle of the SVL in Sarasota ??

Steve Miklos
06-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Adib and I are coming.
Steve

XtremeRacing
06-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Any other SVL going to take a run at Steve, nows your chance?

XtremeRacing
06-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Looks like no taker again Steve, I guess they just don't really want to race.

SVL66
06-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Just a quick reponse.

I am trying to make Sarasota. I wasn't planning on running SVL though, for two reasons. 1- I thought the class was dropped by SBI 2- I doubt any other OSS SVLs will come because they dont think they should have to pay full reg. fees for one race. That has always been their hang up. Others simply have a problem with SBI in general.

I think it would be silly to register as SVL and pay higher fees when there are only 2 SVLs. So, if I do make it down, it will most likely be P4 for me. I hope the teams have a change of heart, but doubt it.

XtremeRacing
06-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Bruce,
Sounds good and make scene. SBI would run the class if there were enough boats, hope to see you there.

DAREDEVIL
06-15-2009, 11:55 AM
SBI has actually 2 reg SVL boats as far as i know ,,,PIRATE and the guy from georgia ?? can't remember his name .Masu....... LOL

So that would be 4 !!!

Then ,,i thought Jenny was thinking about doing this also if there would be some boats ......that would be 5 .

Bruce ,,i think u should call them all up and say lets do this ?!

Other then that ,,see you there !!!!:seeya:

SVL66
06-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Bob Masakowski (sp) Are you sure they are all reg in SVL?
You just want me to run SVL so I dont whoop on you in P4. If there are 5 boats committed, I will run.

F1-00 Racing
06-15-2009, 12:33 PM
as far as i know

Correction, Pirate is registered as a P-4 and Maz raced last year as a SVL but did not race his boat in KW, he was the driver for Fluid Sealing Products in the Super Stock Class, hence his boat not be registered at this time.

DAREDEVIL
06-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Correction, Pirate is registered as a P-4 and Maz raced last year as a SVL but did not race his boat in KW, he was the driver for Fluid Sealing Products in the Super Stock Class, hence his boat not be registered at this time.

OOPS,,your right ,,did not think about that !!!

But i do think that pirate was at 1 point a SVL last year ???? because of Bob ????

Well,,,maybe i am wrong,,,but i guess Bob and Pirate would run Sarasota if u call them and ask !!!???

But again maybe i am wrong.

Also i don't think that SVL's are allowed to race in P4 this year ?! But again ,,,maybe i am wrong.

Bruce...i don't care ,,,,lets have fun.

F1-00 Racing
06-15-2009, 03:57 PM
The way I was instructed as to my boat in Miami is that each boat would be evaluated on a boat to boat basis. Unfortuntly SVL's are in no mans land half way between the speeds of P3 to P4(89-91mph in perfect ideal conditions), in looking at the registered P3 fleet of SBI I see 2 former Super Vees(100mph) and a former Super Stock(per the classified add 117mph). I think that would be ridiculous for them to compete with those boats for obvious reasons. Ultimately, if they all can get on the same page and show, then they would have their own class and it wouldnt be an issue, but until then.......

SVL66
06-15-2009, 04:02 PM
I just cant justify paying the SVL fees for one race and a few boats. If the entire fleet came out for a showdown, it might be worth it.

imco offshore
06-15-2009, 05:22 PM
could someone please post the fees for everything including entrys for SVL and P class and my wallet will make up my mind thanks. <daredevil nothing personal> but please don,t reply i.v read most of your post and they are 50 % right 50% of the time.

SVL66
06-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Vlite or Vlimited. $3,875.00
Equipment reg. 1500
race Reg 1675
plus riding crew 350 ea.

P class $1,975
Eqipment reg 600 (may be prorated)
Race Reg. 675
plus riding crew 350 ea

F1-00 Racing
06-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Bruce are you sure that entry fee is correct? I remember when I was in F1 it was the same entry @ 1075. Obviously a few years has gone by, but I dont think its 1675. I might be wrong of course, just curious

Trent

Dunbar 104
06-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Alot of money for one day of racing. Prize money??? is there any???

F1-00 Racing
06-15-2009, 06:40 PM
2000 for p 1-3 payout
5000 for SVL 1-5 payout

Ryan Beckley
06-15-2009, 06:42 PM
The SBI site shows as following SVX at $1,675.00 SVU at $1,675.00 and SV at $1,475.00 no mention of there being a lite class or is that SV now? P- classe are $675.00 each. Total prize monies based on 5 boats showing up per class.

F1-00 Racing
06-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Ryan,

P is based on 3 boats

DAREDEVIL
06-15-2009, 06:53 PM
could someone please post the fees for everything including entrys for SVL and P class and my wallet will make up my mind thanks. <daredevil nothing personal> but please don,t reply i.v read most of your post and they are 50 % right 50% of the time.

50% and 50 % = 100% THANKS :biggrinjester:

LOL c-ya in sarasota

F1-00 Racing
06-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Alot of money for one day of racing. Prize money??? is there any???

Mark/Jenni,

I mean no disrespect, but your trying to tell me that you guys cant find a 1000 sponsor per race, with the CBS pkg especially using the fact that you guys were the only showcased team on the OSS telecast today. Your a very marketable team. You guys not only have incredible talent but the proof is in the pudding to back it up from a marketing standpoint with todays broadcast alone. I know you are a loyal OSS team and I applaude you for that, but yes I can see it as being unmarketable with your season in the books and no further confirmed races on the schedule. Its hard to sell something that might or might not happen.

Everyone has their opinions on how this deal works, but I feel us as teams need to be proactive and quit waiting for OPA, SBI, or OSS to give us handouts. I also feel that it can be as expensive as we want it to be. If I want to sit on my arse and wait for handouts then yeah, prolly will be expensive, but if I go out on my own and get a 1000 sponsor per race then that eliminates some of the expense and makes it more affordable, heck then maybe a 100 or 500 or maybe even a 1500 sponsor per race will come on board. It all adds up. Ryan is the perfect example of this. He is very proactive for Double-Edge and it minimizes his out of pocket expenses.

Trent

F1-00 Racing
06-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Also I found some paperwork(from SBI) from January and it shows SVL as being 1275 entry during the 2008 season.

Sean Stinson
06-15-2009, 07:21 PM
If someone has an SVL that they want or need someone to run with I will dig out my helmet and lifeline!!!!!

SVL66
06-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Bruce are you sure that entry fee is correct? I remember when I was in F1 it was the same entry @ 1075. Obviously a few years has gone by, but I dont think its 1675. I might be wrong of course, just curious

Trent

I could be wrong. It doesn't say in the racer's packet. Every other class, with the exception of SS, was 1675. i assumed Vee lite was as well. SS is 1075, so may be you are right.

SVL66
06-15-2009, 07:35 PM
If someone has an SVL that they want or need someone to run with I will dig out my helmet and lifeline!!!!!

Dont think you'll be needing the lifeline. Unless its a capsule suit

Sean Stinson
06-15-2009, 07:46 PM
Dont think you'll be needing the lifeline. Unless its a capsule suit

You know what I mean, bro!!!:sifone::sifone::sifone:

XtremeRacing
06-15-2009, 10:42 PM
The epuipment fee will be pro rated for any class.

Steve Miklos
06-15-2009, 10:54 PM
I think this is race now or forever lose your class. So you can say wow that is allot of money or have a boat that's value falls to next to nothing. Entry fees are a small part of a race budget.
Steve

TYPHOON
06-16-2009, 08:29 AM
Steve there small if its your budget.:dupe:
MD

Sean Stinson
06-16-2009, 08:34 AM
I think this is race now or forever lose your class. So you can say wow that is allot of money or have a boat that's value falls to next to nothing. Entry fees are a small part of a race budget.
Steve

Steve

I think most are just looking for any excuse not to race!!! If I had an SVL I would race it if someone wants to somebody to race their SVL I will do that....

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-16-2009, 08:44 AM

Steve

I think most are just looking for any excuse not to race!!! If I had an SVL I would race it if someone wants to somebody to race their SVL I will do that....

I disagree.. I do agree with Steve on the point about no class depreciates the boats though.

I hope Frank is right and there really is a prorated fee. It is a lot to pay the years fees to race Sarasota knowing you pay again in KW. Steve and others that live in Central Florida get a big break in their expenses. I notice many FL guys don't leave the state and still won't do all the races. Some of the SLV teams travel further each race than some FL guys do all year.

SVL66
06-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Who will be running SVL in Sarasota? It is my understanding the Pirate team recently had an illness in the family. Do they plan on racing? If so, will they run SVL or P4? What is Bob M. doing?

Randy, time to keep this class alive. Get the Oss VLs to Sarasota, and Im sure Steve, Bob M, and Pirate will come to Loto. It's give and take...not just take.

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-16-2009, 08:48 AM
Bob M was talking about running the Pirate boat in SVL after Cumberland.

Sean Stinson
06-16-2009, 08:49 AM
Look Jimmy if they want to race they will be there if they don't they will figure out a reason not to be there!!!

XtremeRacing
06-16-2009, 08:58 AM
Jim you only pro rate equipment fews for the yr.

Ratickle
06-16-2009, 09:05 AM
Look Jimmy if they want to race they will be there if they don't they will figure out a reason not to be there!!!

I'm with Jim on this one Sean. It's not the travel expense, it's the time. We are looking heavy into downsizing our fleet and getting a SVL. But to travel far takes time. With both of us in management for companies, we can afford the expense, just can't take off three or four extra days every three or so weeks to hit races in FL. Can do MI, WI, LOTO, NJ. That's about it for reasonable travel time. SVL doesn't run all those.

XtremeRacing
06-16-2009, 09:19 AM
After Sarasota SBI goes to Mich, NY, and NC. Back to FL for the National Championship, and then KW

Dunbar 104
06-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Mark/Jenni,

I mean no disrespect, but your trying to tell me that you guys cant find a 1000 sponsor per race, with the CBS pkg especially using the fact that you guys were the only showcased team on the OSS telecast today. Your a very marketable team. You guys not only have incredible talent but the proof is in the pudding to back it up from a marketing standpoint with todays broadcast alone. I know you are a loyal OSS team and I applaude you for that, but yes I can see it as being unmarketable with your season in the books and no further confirmed races on the schedule. Its hard to sell something that might or might not happen.

Everyone has their opinions on how this deal works, but I feel us as teams need to be proactive and quit waiting for OPA, SBI, or OSS to give us handouts. I also feel that it can be as expensive as we want it to be. If I want to sit on my arse and wait for handouts then yeah, prolly will be expensive, but if I go out on my own and get a 1000 sponsor per race then that eliminates some of the expense and makes it more affordable, heck then maybe a 100 or 500 or maybe even a 1500 sponsor per race will come on board. It all adds up. Ryan is the perfect example of this. He is very proactive for Double-Edge and it minimizes his out of pocket expenses.

Trent

Oh I have learned alot from Ryan on how to pay for racing. The kilo run is about the only thing making me think about racing Sarasota and that would be the only one. With all the rumers going on, yeah it does have me also sitting back and waiting.

I did whip up on a couple of Bajas this weekend so I'm still racing, but we were in differnt classes.

Sean Stinson
06-16-2009, 09:23 AM
I'm with Jim on this one Sean. It's not the travel expense, it's the time. We are looking heavy into downsizing our fleet and getting a SVL. But to travel far takes time. With both of us in management for companies, we can afford the expense, just can't take off three or four extra days every three or so weeks to hit races in FL. Can do MI, WI, LOTO, NJ. That's about it for reasonable travel time. SVL doesn't run all those.

I understand your point...I am saying the ones that have them will race them if they want or come up with a reason not to!!!! In response to your time constraints I used to pick and choose where I wanted to run..... Sarasota and KW were the 2 biggest venues I wanted to be at!!!!!

Sean Stinson
06-16-2009, 09:24 AM
BTW how was your vacation pal haven't talked for awhile!!!!

Ratickle
06-16-2009, 09:26 AM
I understand your point...I am saying the ones that have them will race them if they want or come up with a reason not to!!!! In response to your time constraints I used to pick and choose where I wanted to run..... Sarasota and KW were the 2 biggest venues I wanted to be at!!!!!

Yep, unfortunately with the different groups now, the closer sites for SVL are slim. The old SilverCup up here used to make for a real good circuit, but that's old news.

Ratickle
06-16-2009, 09:26 AM
BTW how was your vacation pal haven't talked for awhile!!!!

Great, I'll put something on the Chips thread.

XtremeRacing
06-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Just cked with the office.

Epuip fees are : 1500 (pro rate up to Sarasota 937.50 )
entry fee : 1075
Purse :5500

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-16-2009, 09:52 AM
George with IMCO has expressed an interest. He wants to do both but, may only be able to do one. We will see. He needs to figure it out soon.

I want to race Steve. If the Dunbars come that would be awesome. Not sure what BobM will be in for Sarasota. The IMCO, Dunbars and Pirate boat are pretty much dead even in speed right now. Randy would be right there too if JimmyN was driving.

I just go where I am told.:seeya:

SVL66
06-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Im in if you guys are.

Steve Miklos
06-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Im in if you guys are.

Im in!
Steve

imco offshore
06-16-2009, 02:15 PM
jimmy do you want to race sarasota and clearwater and kw ? call me? i think if we all do this we can save our boats, it might take a few sacrifaces on all our parts, but like sean said we better do something and now . just on this post we could have 5 good boats ? Bruceie Steve Jim Bob Dave Mark Bob could bring 2 boats don,t for get Brad , that is the fastest of the fast ? if we all do it Randy will show up.

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-16-2009, 02:52 PM
I just talked to George. We are in.

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-16-2009, 03:18 PM
I 'll break the news to my wife tonight.:biggrinjester:

imco offshore
06-16-2009, 03:50 PM

yea me too:boxing_smiley:

Ratickle
06-16-2009, 03:51 PM

yea me too:boxing_smiley:

:rofl: :rofl: :leaving:

Wardey
06-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Fantastic Guys !!! Proud of you !!! Dave

TYPHOON
06-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Sean show me 2K and I will give you the driver seat. Be a part of the solution as you say. Bruce is going to sponsor me with entry fee and reg.
MD

Sean Stinson
06-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Sean show me 2K and I will give you the driver seat. Be a part of the solution as you say. Bruce is going to sponsor me with entry fee and reg.
MD

I will call you in a little bit to discuss I was already talking to someone earlier today about a ride in their boat so I have a dilemma going here!!! No it's not that big of a problem!!!! I will call you Randy!!!!

TYPHOON
06-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Sean, if you can get in another SVL boat go for it please. I have the feelers out for several other drivers. I dont think I will have a problem finding a driver for 2K for a race. I talked to the wife and she said what she always say's. If thats how you want to spend your time go for it. All the lights are green and let me get the Trophy ***** on board and you just mightsee Typhoon at the race.
Someone please call JC and make sure I am cleared to race with SBI before I make plans to dust the field. :26:
MD

SVL66
06-16-2009, 07:43 PM
oh boy!!!! let the games begin

imco offshore
06-16-2009, 07:45 PM
this is going to be real good for some and real ugly for others, my advice to all don.t come with a knife?????????? this is giong in the right direction it will make dreams for some and knightmares for others. ok i started it.now you bring it!

imco offshore
06-16-2009, 07:47 PM
bruce good to see yaa

SVL66
06-16-2009, 07:55 PM
bruce good to see yaa

bout time you learned how to use the computer:03:

XtremeRacing
06-16-2009, 07:58 PM
Randy,
Give me a call when u have time.

321 693-0023

ThrottleUp Props
06-16-2009, 08:00 PM
So we are only missing Mark and Jen?

Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Dunbar 104
06-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Were thinking about it. Just start sending checks to help make up our mind!!!!!

XtremeRacing
06-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Oh boy this is getting interesting. MD on the lose in Sarasota, look out.

Dunbar 104
06-16-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey MD is your mascot still wearing his pink tutu or did the 85 mph tape finally let loose on the highway! Jenni

imco offshore
06-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Hey MD is your mascot still wearing his pink tutu or did the 85 mph tape finally let loose on the highway! Jenni

be carefull he might be wearing it :dupe:

XtremeRacing
06-16-2009, 11:27 PM
George dont **** him off, you know what happens when he's on the race course and you've ****ed him off. MD mania will be running wild!!

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-16-2009, 11:33 PM

DAREDEVIL
06-17-2009, 12:03 AM
I knew it,,,now i have to buy a SVL for next year. lol

oh,,forgot ,,,,,i am broke .haha:sifone:

But this is real nice to see this happening ,now i can finally go to rest with my boat and let u guys take over . HAHAHAHAHAHAHA:biggrinjester:

:leaving:
C-YA !!!

XtremeRacing
06-17-2009, 10:22 AM
Guys,

I just spoke to the office and the SVL are now on the entry form. If you r truly going to race SVL please down load the forms from the web site and send them in. John want to make sure he orders trophy for the class if you r racing. You dont need to send any payment at this time just get the paper work in so he knows whos coming and can do the pitt lay out also.

XtremeRacing
06-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Super Boat International Productions, Inc. John Carbonell, President 1323 20th Terrace
Key West, Fl 33040
Office: 305-296-6166
Email: sbipinc@aol.com • Web: www.superboat.com
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – SARASOTA RACE:
KILO RUN – The kilo run is July 3rd and all registration information must be in the Super Boat International office by June 26, 2009 to compete. We will not be accepting any unregistered entries at the race site. The registration listed on the schedule of events is for pre-registered entries only to sign paperwork.
RACE ENTRIES – Your entry forms for the race (July 5) need to be in by June 26. This allows us to lay out the pit site and speed up the parking of the race boats.
HOTEL ACCOMADATIONS – Refer to the Super Boat web site or the Suncoast web site (www.suncoastoffshore.org) for a list of hotels. The Hyatt Place Sarasota/Bradenton, 950 University Parkway is offering a special rate for the teams of $89/night plus tax by calling Ashley Giasone at 941-554-5803.
TENT RENTAL – Tent rentals are available for the race by going to the Super Boat web site, click on the mini site for Sarasota and select Tent Rental. All tent rental forms must be paid for and in the Super Boat office no later than June 26th to secure your tent.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – CLEARWATER RACE:
The National Championship race in Clearwater, Florida will be a double point race. It will also count as two races toward the qualification of participating in 60% of the National races to win the title. All other rules required will also apply. This allows a team to still be eligible for the National Championship title by starting in Sarasota.
If any racer has a question on the above information, feel free to contact me at 305-296-6166 (office) or 305-360-1762 (cell).
John Carbonell, President
Super Boat International

Dunbar 104
06-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Ok here is where we are at. I have approval from Jenny to go race Sarasota. Its short noctice for us, but it is possible. Were budgeted to travel to the race, but it is impossible for us to register. We have plenty of sponsorship room on the top deck and uppersides and I know a guy in the area tha can make stickers. That will be the only way we can get there. Jenny said she would like to beat Randy again.

Mark

417-294-1362

Ryan Beckley
06-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Mark & Jenni, You two are welcome to stay at my house if that helps.......

ThrottleUp Props
06-17-2009, 01:31 PM
What a lovely gesture Ryan!

Julie

SVL66
06-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Hopefully, that would make 6. Someone please confirm Team Pirates intent. Oh Willy, where are you?

Ryan Beckley
06-17-2009, 01:55 PM
I believe the Pirates are on Hiatus, with health & Boat issues, I'ld like to wish David a speedy recovery......I think Wil's motor may be in California....

imco offshore
06-17-2009, 02:26 PM
:seeya: i think wills motor is in brads boat the pig iron race team we need to call them and tell them that we all are going to sarasota i think he would love to come?

Ratickle
06-17-2009, 02:28 PM
If you guys list all possible participants, we can help you locate and contact in any way we can.......

imco offshore
06-17-2009, 02:41 PM
George dont **** him off, you know what happens when he's on the race course and you've ****ed him off. MD mania will be running wild!!

i know you might have not seen the last few races of svl but typhoon had to be PULLED around the course , he even called us on the radio to see if he was still in the same race? :sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-17-2009, 02:44 PM
Easy

XtremeRacing
06-17-2009, 02:44 PM
George

Your bad LOL

imco offshore
06-17-2009, 06:18 PM
:( ok i,m sorry , randy we are all going to race in saasota and was wondering if you could possiably make our festive event? i,m sure it will be a smashing good time, and all the dog pound fans would really enjoy the oppportunity to see you in person and meet the typhoon boat in person, and go over to the beach and watch their real hero streeking across the ocean bouncing and flying thru the air and waving to them thru your side window while your hard in thought controling your racing boat thru the seas of west coast of florida ....WONDERING HOW IN THE HELL AM I GOING TO CATCH UP TO THE REST OF THEM????? :drool5::seeya:

ThrottleUp Props
06-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Great post George...if that doesn't make him pick up the phone I don't know what will!

Call Frank, Randy and lets get this party started!

Julie

XtremeRacing
06-17-2009, 08:51 PM
Guys if anyone plans on being in the Parade Thur July 2 , again get your forms in to the office ASAP .

Please fax or email this form in order to secure your spot in the parade
Fax: 941-371-8565 or Email: suncoastoffshore@yahoo.com
25th Annual Suncoast Offshore Parade of Boats Entry Form
Sarasota, Florida
Entry Name:______________________________________________________________________ ________________________
Contact for Parade Participation:
Phone #:_________________________________________________________________________ ______
IF A RACE TEAM, please fill in the following …
Boat Name:______________________________________________________________________ __________________________
Length:____________________________________
Manufacturer:______________________________________________________________ _______________________________
Descrip: □ Cat OR □ Vee
Motor Description: □ Single □ Twin □ Inboard □ Outboard
□ Horsepower in each motor:________________________________________________________
Additional descrip:___________________________________________________________________
Top Speed:_____________________________________________________________________ _____
Owner:___________________________________________ Hometown:___________________________________________
Driver:____________________________________________ Hometown:___________________________________________
Throttle:__________________________________________ Hometown:___________________________________________
Navigator:________________________________________ Hometown:___________________________________________
Length of your entry (boat + tow vehicle):______________________
Will you have additional equipment/vehicles with your towed boat? □ No □ Yes
If yes, please describe:
Length:_____________ Descrip:___________________________________________________________________ _
Length:_____________ Descrip:___________________________________________________________________ _
ONE SENTENCE team description:_______________________________________________________________ ___________
___________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________
IF A FLOAT or OTHER PARADE ENTRY, please fill in the following …
Float Theme:_____________________________________________________________________ _________________________
If dignitaries aboard, please list:______________________________________________________________________ _____
Length of Tow Vehicle/Float Combination:______________________
If you have additional equipment with your float, please list here:

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-17-2009, 09:09 PM
I am booked Thursday to Monday at Lido Holiday Inn.

I am getting excited already.

Dunbar 104
06-17-2009, 09:24 PM
We have decided to give everyone else a chance to win. We are going to have so sit this one out.

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-17-2009, 09:26 PM
We have decided to give everyone else a chance to win. We are going to have so sit this one out.

That blows:(

ThrottleUp Props
06-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Yea it does!!!!!!!!!!

Julie

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-17-2009, 09:32 PM
I am going to pray for your participation tonight

Steve Miklos
06-17-2009, 09:45 PM
My prediction is 3 boats will show, tops. Unfortunate and kind of doom and gloom but will see. This is a sport where racers come and go as they please but expect everything to be ready should they decide to play on occasion.
Steve

XtremeRacing
06-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Steve,

I think everyone is trying their best. With hard times as they r now thats all we can do is try. I think if we stick to it as a group we can make things happen.Three boats would be a step if the right direction, and a good start.

DAREDEVIL
06-17-2009, 11:43 PM

I understand the tuff times,,,,,but please be ownest ...with out starting BS here,,,would u sit out if it was an OSS event.

That much for uniting !

And loosing the chance on the world title in KW,,,,??????

COME ON .......... if i had money i pay u to come and show randy and steve how its done !!!!!!:)

Dunbar 104
06-18-2009, 12:10 AM
I understand the tuff times,,,,,but please be ownest ...with out starting BS here,,,would u sit out if it was an OSS event.

That much for uniting !

COME ON .......... if i had money i pay u to come and show randy and steve how its done !!!!!!:)

Its a 2 way street

Dunbar 104
06-18-2009, 12:28 AM
On a positive note http://www.ky3.com/news/local/48299397.html

DAREDEVIL
06-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Nice Video !!!!!
But the 2 way street has a big construction sign on the way !!!!!:lurk5:

Steve Miklos
06-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Its a 2 way street

It is a two way street but may well soon not be. It is what you make of it.
Steve

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-18-2009, 08:38 AM
When was it ever a two way street?

There have been a number of teams that raced both ways, but there are many more that wouldn't.

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-18-2009, 08:50 AM

That much for uniting !

You know Scotti, you have no room to talk. They ran a full season last year traveled all over the country. They missed the Nation crown by one point. The have stayed out of the politics and supported the group of there choice. I am happy they considered it. It would have been great to have them. It is very short notice.

I hope someone can step up and support them so that they can attend. We need more racers as dedicated as the Dunbars.

Ryan Beckley
06-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Hey Steve , why didn't you run in Sunny Isles on Sunday?

XtremeRacing
06-18-2009, 09:29 AM
Very cool Video... good job we need more of that out there .

Ryan Beckley
06-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Awesome Video you too....great promotion for the sport!

Dunbar 104
06-18-2009, 10:08 AM
Very cool Video... good job we need more of that out there .

Awesome Video you too....great promotion for the sport!

Thanks guys. Remember crazy Lisa from Biloxi she set it up for us. They are going to do a follow up for the shootout and the LOTO race.

Had good air shot but a jet ski got in the way.

imco offshore
06-18-2009, 12:34 PM
hay guys i,m proud of you ???? but i think the follow.up story might have a surprised ending, knowone seen comming ? :confused: :reddevil:

cigdaze
06-18-2009, 12:45 PM
On a positive note http://www.ky3.com/news/local/48299397.html

That's great. Too cool.
:cool:

imco offshore
06-18-2009, 12:47 PM

That much for uniting !

devil i believe i seen you at two oss races biloxi and cumberland but not your boat? why would you waste your money to go and not bring it, AS for the dunbars they elected to run for a national title in a series, so your answer is yes they would make it if it was ther series event, it only makes sense. as for uniting there are some million dollar teams that race in all the series and you show me where it has done anything for uniting? sorry but you can,t put the sports problem on us we don,t get in the politics. :USA:

Brett
06-18-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't understand if everyone was on a budget from OSS to race the national circuit and didn't go to Sunny Isles because OSS pulled out then why wouldn't they replace Sunny Isles with Sarasota????? I think Steve was the only SVL that was there. Sarasota has been good to racing for over twenty years and I think they deserve our support no matter what circuit you follow.

SVL66
06-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Just want to make it clear that Randy will come to Sarasota on the condition that Steve and I come to Loto. I spoke to Steve and he is not thrilled about going to Loto. Hopefully, he'll change his mind. If Randy doesn't come to Sarasota, I will not be in Loto either. Lets make a deal boyz.

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Brett, they mentioned in a previous post the could make the trip. It was the registration fees that tipped the scale.

Ratickle
06-18-2009, 01:35 PM
Brett, they mentioned in a previous post the could make the trip. It was the registration fees that tipped the scale.

I know I have no horse in this, but, because there is this one race where it is (as I understand it), double points, double participation credit, almost all the main SVL players are on board, CBS will be there, etc.

Could the fees not be halved one time as well, (or some similar savings for all to finish getting everyone there)? These types of opportunities don't come along all that often.

Now I'll go hide again:leaving:

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-18-2009, 01:38 PM
I understand Clearwater is double points.

Ratickle
06-18-2009, 01:45 PM
I understand Clearwater is double points.

Sorry, I thought it was the other way around.

Ryan Beckley
06-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Just FYI for the non boat owners that find it so easy to spend other peoples money.

As looking at the SBI rule Book the entries for Sarasota would be as follows

Equipment $1,500.00
Race Entry $1,475.00
Driver $350.00
Throttle $350.00

PLUS FUEL, HOTELS, FOOD, etc.

I know else where it was mentioned that the yearly equipment fee may be reduced but, I don't know.

Also I can not find a prize money breakdown anywhere on the SBI site, I do know that full prize money is only paid if 5 boats show up in the class.

But I can tell you that first place EVEN WITH FIVE boats wouldn't cover the entry fees.

Brett
06-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Jim,
You are saying the one time equipment, driver, throttleman fees tipped the scale?
Entry fees are a wash or run P class for $675 like we do.
Don't they have money left from no entry fees for Sunny Isles and Orange Beach and would now qualify for a worlds.

F1-00 Racing
06-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Ryan,

Negative, as Frank posted b4
SVL class
Equipment: prorated amt in the ballpark of 900 range
Race Entry:1075
driver/throttleman:700
Purse:5500

Please dont post misinformation, unfortunatly this goes back to being political, but bottom line, if they want to race, they show and race, if not we only wish them the best. When a particular team attaches strings it is obvious that it is a strategic political move.(Then the team cant even pick up the phone and get back in good standings) Your racing in Sarasota, which you do every year and I look forward to seeing you and having a great time as always. If any of the SVL's need a hand, let me know, my team and I will do anything we can to help you out.

Trent

Ryan Beckley
06-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Hey Trent

I was just going by what I could find on the SBI site, I wasn't making anything up. No guessing, no political motives. Just putting it in to perspective for the people that find it so easy to spend other peoples money and don't know all the facts.

You guys keep saying the purse is $5500.00 for SVL please post the break down if that is the purse.

I offered to help get Mark & Jenni here as well so don't say I am trying to get anyone not to come.

Can anyone point me to the SBI payout schedule for 2009? I can not find it on the site.

DAREDEVIL
06-18-2009, 02:48 PM
http://www.superboat.com/docs/09%20General%20Rules.pdf

Dunbar 104
06-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Get a 4th boat locked down. other than Randy or us

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Jim,
You are saying the one time equipment, driver, throttleman fees tipped the scale?
Entry fees are a wash or run P class for $675 like we do.
Don't they have money left from no entry fees for Sunny Isles and Orange Beach and would now qualify for a worlds.

I only know what has been posted. I can't speak for them.

I have always enjoyed Sarasota. I first raced there in '90.

I am one of the lucky that gets to race without many of the costs.

svl104
06-18-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't understand if everyone was on a budget from OSS to race the national circuit and didn't go to Sunny Isles because OSS pulled out then why wouldn't they replace Sunny Isles with Sarasota????? I think Steve was the only SVL that was there. Sarasota has been good to racing for over twenty years and I think they deserve our support no matter what circuit you follow.

we dont pay entry fee to race svl with oss so there wasnt that money we had to budget. we have the money to travel to sarasota since we didnt go to sib not enough for entry and i didnt plan on sib being cancelled and then we started discussing going to sarasota on tuesday, it really comes down to just time off for us on being short notice and not having anyone to run my business. just explaining before someone else tells me why we arent going. jenni

Brett
06-18-2009, 04:09 PM
Ryan
Is the prize money more important to the SVL racers than having a race because that is what the word was in Sunny Isles?

Ryan Beckley
06-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Brett

YES, in OSS the SVL entry is paid by the prize money and the rest is what they get for prize money. So the race fees are really a deal breaker for many SVL teams hence no SVL's in SIB & few in SBI.

Brett
06-18-2009, 04:28 PM
i thought sib was just the bimini race

F1-00 Racing
06-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Sorry Ryan I screwed up with the intent of my post, yes you did get the fees wrong, but political move was not directed at you, I Have edited the post to reflect the intent. I sincerly apologize.

Trent

imco offshore
06-18-2009, 05:11 PM
Ryan,

Negative, as Frank posted b4
SVL class
Equipment: prorated amt in the ballpark of 900 range
Race Entry:1075
driver/throttleman:700
Purse:5500

Please dont post misinformation, unfortunatly this goes back to being political, but bottom line, if they want to race, they show and race, if not we only wish them the best. When a particular team attaches strings it is obvious that it is a strategic political move.(Then the team cant even pick up the phone and get back in good standings) Your racing in Sarasota, which you do every year and I look forward to seeing you and having a great time as always. If any of the SVL's need a hand, let me know, my team and I will do anything we can to help you out.

Trent

thanks it,s not often i reach out for the olive branch but my intentions are to race in sarasota clearwater and key west so if there is any real help i sure could use it thanks again:USA:

XtremeRacing
06-18-2009, 08:09 PM
George,
Anything I can do let me know be happy to do what i can.

Your old friend ...Frank

TYPHOON
06-18-2009, 09:50 PM
I am so sorry people, After some phone calls it looks like I can not make it with the black boat. Possably sticking it with Bruce if he can use me. united we race just got tossed in the toliet again.
MD

XtremeRacing
06-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Randy,

That would be great if you can team up with Bruce,,looking forward to seeing you all in Sarasora.

XtremeRacing
06-18-2009, 10:08 PM
George look what you did you scared Randy off...lol

Enough of this BS ...whos buying the first round of drinks?

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Randy,
I hope you find a way to make it. I understand it is difficult to change plans on short notice. It is much easier for those who live near by.

I know its a 5k weekend to attend. So no one should second guess such a decision with out offering assistance.

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-18-2009, 10:15 PM
George look what you did you scared Randy off...lol

Enough of this BS ...whos buying the first round of drinks?

Well you should BIG SHOW. I'll get the second round:biggrinjester:

XtremeRacing
06-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Jim
Sounds good...let's get this party started! First rounds on me....
See ya in Sarasota.

Steve Miklos
06-18-2009, 10:51 PM
Hey Steve , why didn't you run in Sunny Isles on Sunday?

I wanted too but had told them long ago I had prior commitments. Saddly this is a small part of what I do these days. I do enjoy it but have other hobbies and obligations. I did offer to let Gary and Jeff run that boat and pay all cost as I have in LOTO also. I do not kid myself you can only get so excited about this these days.

Steve

Steve Miklos
06-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Just want to make it clear that Randy will come to Sarasota on the condition that Steve and I come to Loto. I spoke to Steve and he is not thrilled about going to Loto. Hopefully, he'll change his mind. If Randy doesn't come to Sarasota, I will not be in Loto either. Lets make a deal boyz.

As I said on the call if I wanted to lake race I would have an F1 tunnel boat team. Racing an offshore boat in seas measured in inches does not excite me.
Steve

Steve Miklos
06-18-2009, 11:00 PM

Brett
Thanks but you must understand they (most of the current SVL teams) do not have a budget. I was told they cannot pay entrance fees as they cannot afford it? I understand being on a tight budget but I am sure know one here works for free. After what I heard tonite SVL is dead. The boats have found their way into the hands of people who think you get paid to race offshore.
Funny stuff, dream on!
Steve

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-18-2009, 11:08 PM
You are something else.

SVL66
06-19-2009, 08:21 AM
ok...well i guess its just the three of us.

Steve Miklos
06-19-2009, 08:37 AM
You are something else.

Why, because I point out the obvious?
Steve

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-19-2009, 08:41 AM
Low fees plays a big part a OPA's success. Not everyone is loaded. Most of SVL is made up of working people. Maybe more boats would attend if some concessions were made.

What concessions are going to be made to get boats in subsequent races? At the sites with consistent LOW attendance. Sarasota is a great site with a rich history why not help enable more to show.

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Why, because I point out the obvious?
Steve

No , its more you attitude.

SVL66
06-19-2009, 08:58 AM
hey Dunbar 104. Since Randy Declined, My offer is open to you. I'll pay your entry and Equip reg. if you come to Sarasota

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-19-2009, 09:03 AM
Bruce, I am sure they will appreciate that.

I certainly do. Thanks.

XtremeRacing
06-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Bruce,

Well there you go Bruce has stepped up to the plate again.

Steve Miklos
06-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Low fees plays a big part a OPA's success. Not everyone is loaded. Most of SVL is made up of working people. Maybe more boats would attend if some concessions were made.

What concessions are going to be made to get boats in subsequent races? At the sites with consistent LOW attendance. Sarasota is a great site with a rich history why not help enable more to show.

I would suspect none.
You guys are waiting on the tooth fairy.
Smitty is doing great but he is working for free as I am sure others are at OPA. Why do you expect people to work for free so you can race on the cheap?
How is that even fair?
How can you think that is sustainable?
Reality is a racing sanctioning body needs to charge fees plain and simple. Who ever said this was cheap sport?
Fee's for offshore have always been there except the last few years and as you can see it is not sustainable.
It takes money to put on a race!
Steve

ThrottleUp Props
06-19-2009, 10:52 AM
hey Dunbar 104. Since Randy Declined, My offer is open to you. I'll pay your entry and Equip reg. if you come to Sarasota

That's quite an offer Bruce, very nice!

I hope the Dunbars can make it. Sarasota is one of two must race sites, the other, of course, is KW.

SVL66
06-19-2009, 10:56 AM
I agree w/ Steve

When I first started racing, We had to pay entry fees. We never expected to win much. But we kept racing.

Bottom line...you have to pay to play.

XtremeRacing
06-19-2009, 10:59 AM
I agree with Bruce we have always done it for the Love of the sport.

Dunbar 104
06-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Bruce thanks for the offer, but I will have to decline.

DAREDEVIL
06-19-2009, 11:59 AM
OK,,,,,,FOOD IS ON ME !!!!!!!! My wife is a real good german cook ,,u can't say no to that now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i mean food for all the days u are here !!!!!

Thursday,Friday,Saturday,Sunday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:USA:

XtremeRacing
06-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Mark what else can we do to help to make it happen, or is it just a time thing with work?

Dunbar 104
06-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Just can't get in boat racer mode.

I do change my mind about every 5 minutes

SVL66
06-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Oh cmon now ...Steve needs to be beaten on his turf before he retires. You guys are just the ones to do it.

Get into the MODE

ThrottleUp Props
06-19-2009, 12:22 PM
C'mon Mark, this is a great oppotunity to beat up on Steve! Might have to wait til KW otherwise. Sarasota is second only to KW for spectators. I'm not sure about this year but in the past the race has been televised live on the local Sarasota news channel.

Steve has never been beat by a girl before, here's your chance!!!!!

XtremeRacing
06-19-2009, 12:29 PM
Oh boy Julie dont go there, Steve would never live that down::))) LOL

Dunbar 104
06-19-2009, 12:32 PM
That did force the Kostilacas/ Wildride into retirement.

XtremeRacing
06-19-2009, 12:35 PM
That did force the Kostilacas/ Wildride into retirement.

You keep that up there won't be an SVL left.

Phantom1
06-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Sarasota is a special place for me. My first race in 1995 was there and my last race in 2001 was there. It's good to see you guys making the effort to save the class. I had a hell of a lot of fun in SVL way back when......

Very nice gesture to help with fees Bruce!

XtremeRacing
06-19-2009, 12:50 PM
I think everyone is trying their best to put on a great show. Some of the battle in SVL have been awesome....

DAREDEVIL
06-19-2009, 12:55 PM
JENNY,JENNY,JENNY,JENNY,JENNY,JENNY,JENNY,,,,ok a little Mark i can hear the crowds already !!!!:boobflash:

Steve Miklos
06-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Oh cmon now ...Steve needs to be beaten on his turf before he retires. You guys are just the ones to do it.

Get into the MODE

I am much more concerened with you and Jay. I have seen this boat's setup and it is not setup to run an Offshore event. Sarasota is not lake racing.
Steve

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Bruce thanks for the offer, but I will have to decline.

:boxing_smiley:

Sean Stinson
06-19-2009, 01:45 PM
:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:
:leaving::leaving::bump::bump::bump::moon:

SVL66
06-19-2009, 02:09 PM
I am much more concerened with you and Jay. I have seen this boat's setup and it is not setup to run an Offshore event. Sarasota is not lake racing.
Steve

Shhhhh....you dont want to scare them away ...do you?

Dunbar 104
06-19-2009, 02:22 PM
If the offer still stands Were In.

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-19-2009, 02:29 PM
:USA::cheers2::USA:

:party:

Wardey
06-19-2009, 02:29 PM
Great !!! Glad to hear this. You won't be sorry. Sarasota is one of the best race sites ever and the people are great also. Look's like I will be leaving Quantico Marine Base early so I can get down to Sarasota !!! Dave

SVL66
06-19-2009, 02:34 PM
Ok...thats 4. WHO'S NEXT?

ThrottleUp Props
06-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Glad to hear!!!!!!!!!

If you or Bruce need something we are on the way down and we will do anything we can.

:party::party:

Phantom1
06-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Congratulations guys. Go show everyone that SVL is the class of the classes.

This will be the first race in two years that I actually want to go to.

Wardey
06-19-2009, 02:52 PM

If Mike's going....I have to make it down !!! I think he owes me some beers.:sifone: Dave

Ratickle
06-19-2009, 02:53 PM

Isn't there a boat out there you can get your hands on????:)

Phantom1
06-19-2009, 03:06 PM
If Mike's going....I have to make it down !!! I think he owes me some beers.:sifone: Dave

If I was going, I would most certainly buy you a few beers!

DAREDEVIL
06-19-2009, 03:14 PM
If the offer still stands Were In.

Lets get this PARTY started !!!!! :26:

The cook is informed !!! She just told me ,,that leaves less for me .LOL

Wardey
06-19-2009, 03:17 PM
If I was going, I would most certainly buy you a few beers!

and vice-versa !!!:biggrinjester:Dave

imco offshore
06-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Glad to hear!!!!!!!!!

If you or Bruce need something we are on the way down and we will do anything we can.

what about me :confused::confused:

SVL66
06-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Glad to hear!!!!!!!!!

Make me a prop to beat these knuckleheads:biggrinjester:

imco offshore
06-19-2009, 04:01 PM
:sifone: i,v got a great 28 you can use :sifone:

Phantom1
06-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Isn't there a boat out there you can get your hands on????:)

I met a lot of good friends, laughed and smiled a lot, didn't end up divorced, bankrupt or injured, but my racing days are over.

Steve Miklos
06-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Let's do it!
Steve

Sean Stinson
06-19-2009, 06:23 PM
My man!!!!

XtremeRacing
06-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Now your talking, looks like we have a class and a race. The fans in Sarasota r in for a treat...

XtremeRacing
06-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Any signs of Randy surfacing ????????????

imco offshore
06-19-2009, 07:40 PM
:03:ladys and gentelmen looks like we got our self,s a race, it would be nice if we could get travis and bob with one of their boats mr, dave could be their moral support this race ? :driving:

ThrottleUp Props
06-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Any signs of Randy surfacing ????????????

If I recall correctly the last time Typhoon raced in Sarasota Randy wasn't there. Glenn and Jay ran the Typhoon F1 boat.

I think Randy is due for a Sarasota race. Randy, your fans want to see you race in Sarasota this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sarasota just isn't the same without the Dog Pound.

Come on MD.

XtremeRacing
06-19-2009, 09:27 PM
George,
Has anyone spoke to Travis, or Bob ??

DAREDEVIL
06-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Damn ,,,now i wish i had a SVL.:drool5:

But ,,,,,oh well.............The DAREDEVIL WE BE OK IN P-4 for now !!!

Stay tuned and this is just AWSOME.
Can't wait to see u guys there.

Jenny and Mark,,i hope SCHNITZEL and Currywurst is ok. LOL

German food ,,,,very good and german CHEESECACKE for all.

She is going to kill me now .HEHE

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-19-2009, 11:29 PM
Scotti,

Perfect avatar.

Its your home town race. Are you ready?

DAREDEVIL
06-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Scotti,

Perfect avatar.

Its your home town race. Are you ready?

Yes,,,,READY !!!!!!!!!! i hope. lol

Hey jim ,,,even i don't like u that much ,hehe i have a piece of cacke for u too .

LOL:biggrinjester:

imco offshore
06-19-2009, 11:40 PM
frank , we had a conference call last night , i think bob is thinking on how to make it happen? frank i,v been asked these questions .#1 how do we start , i answered as follows ! like we have for the last 10 years all lined up side by side every body was happy. #2 how much do we weigh ? answer like the class was built 4750# again every body happy #3 do we run two little races ( heats) i answered " no " they thro the green and you race to the checkerd. like every other class, again, everybodys happy i hope i answered these correct ,,, were going to have a great race!

XtremeRacing
06-20-2009, 12:10 AM
George,
Not sure exactly about the weight, I know you guys made some changes over the winter. I know before the change this yr. SBI and OSS where the same. If you guys as a class decide the weight that works for u so u guys dont have to make changes I'm sure JC would be fine with that.
# 1-3 are correct.
What weight do u guys race at now ??
On the start the pace boat will be to the outside of the track...your Starboard side (right) and when the race goes green the pace boat will turn to its starboard (Hard Right)

DAREDEVIL
06-20-2009, 12:16 AM
Make me a prop to beat these knuckleheads:biggrinjester:

Not that this is my fight,,,,but is Bruce the all mighty scared LOL ??!!:rofl:

stevequick
06-20-2009, 08:40 AM
Nice work everyone. I suspect Sarasota will give the CBS crew enough footage for a few shows. To anyone who has never experienced the parade, don't miss it and bring something to give the crowd. SQ

Steve Miklos
06-20-2009, 08:54 AM
Weight was 4750. I would think that is what it will be.
Steve

imco offshore
06-20-2009, 09:51 AM
great, i believe that is what the other guys would like , man this race can,t get here soon enough for me . what is the dates for clearwater ?

Pat D
06-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Not that this is my fight,,,,but is Bruce the all mighty scared LOL ??!!:rofl:

It's your fight now sweetheart.....:biggrinjester: please, could you two make it to registration together....I wanna be there for the group hug:):):)
(I apologize for interrupting such a great thread)

TYPHOON
06-20-2009, 10:10 AM
George I was on that call as well and didnt get the same impression as you. I could be wrong. Maybe you are talking about the teams going to the SBI race? You and Bruce may like it that way. Bruce's boat is a little fat and would think he might like the idea of the 4850lb rule. I just dont want to confuse
people with the OSS rules and the SBI rules.

imco offshore
06-20-2009, 10:28 AM
well randy there lies the problem ALL svl rules NEED to be the same so svl can go anywhere they need without a lot fo work if two org,s have differant rules now you have made that boat specific to ONE org. and that is not good for the class in a whole. the class always was 4750 and built on 4750 even when they were A BOATS . I OWNED the heavest svl in history and after determination to be competitave i,v been penelizied for being too light. so anybody that wants to be competitive CAN do.it # 2 i think the extra weight in sarasota is going to be an advantage. the only reason weight comes into play is when you race on lakes and rivers. people with balast will have a great advantage over me i know they will load and unload and i cant do it because i choose to remove my balast so i could be competitive in these conditions. now i will have to pay , my bad?

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-20-2009, 10:31 AM
No worries George ... Just let her eat.:sifone:

SVL66
06-20-2009, 10:49 AM
George I was on that call as well and didnt get the same impression as you. I could be wrong. Maybe you are talking about the teams going to the SBI race? You and Bruce may like it that way. Bruce's boat is a little fat and would think he might like the idea of the 4850lb rule. I just dont want to confuse
people with the OSS rules and the SBI rules.

FAT?....look whos talkin!!!!

Im NOT FAT!!!!!.....just a little plump. And Im ok with 4750 for now. Im not gonna butcher my boat up to make weight. I know there are things I can do to get lighter and more competitive. Im just too cheap to spend the cash to get there. As far as a group hug at registration goes.....I dont think so.

Sean Stinson
06-20-2009, 11:10 AM
:sifone::sifone::sifone::sifone::sifone::sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-20-2009, 11:11 AM
As far as a group hug at registration goes.....I dont think so.

I won't be huggin anybody..

except maybe Jenni

TYPHOON
06-20-2009, 11:39 AM
The way we race at OSS with the rules we have now was to grow the class! It was decided as a class that if we race with a 2x2 start and if we do heat races it would help encourage new teams to race and give them a shot at doing well. It was for the betterment of the class as a whole to help it grow and not for 1 or 2 teams to dominate and have teams quit because they felt they had no shot. Has it worked? At one time it was the best thing going.Now the class is light.
MD

Steve Miklos
06-20-2009, 11:57 AM
well randy there lies the problem ALL svl rules NEED to be the same so svl can go anywhere they need without a lot fo work if two org,s have differant rules now you have made that boat specific to ONE org. and that is not good for the class in a whole. the class always was 4750 and built on 4750 even when they were A BOATS . I OWNED the heavest svl in history and after determination to be competitave i,v been penelizied for being too light. so anybody that wants to be competitive CAN do.it # 2 i think the extra weight in sarasota is going to be an advantage. the only reason weight comes into play is when you race on lakes and rivers. people with balast will have a great advantage over me i know they will load and unload and i cant do it because i choose to remove my balast so i could be competitive in these conditions. now i will have to pay , my bad?

Actually the A weight was 4500 lbs. I raised in in 2001 (before I raced SVL) to 4750 as the SSM Phantom boats were about 5000lbs. Before anyone cries foul I can weigh 4500!
Steve

Sean Stinson
06-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Actually the A weight was 4500 lbs. I raised in in 2001 (before I raced SVL) to 4750 as the SSM Phantom boats were about 5000lbs. Before anyone cries foul I can weigh 4500!
Steve

I gotta hear this one bro!!!

XtremeRacing
06-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Randy,George

Like I said in an earlier post what ever the teams as a class vote on and decide (4750/4850) I think JC will be fine with it because it is your class.Try to figure it out ASAP and we can let him know.

DAREDEVIL
06-20-2009, 12:49 PM
Pat,,,i get fat boy to reg. with me ,,,no worrys .
The group hug is done !!!!!!!!!! :kiss: :USA:

C-YA there Bruce .:seeya:

DAREDEVIL
06-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Steve

Steve ,,,that was back when...lol

But it also says, min. weight so u could not been lighter then 4500 in a 29 foot A class boat , but u could be heavier !!!!!!! After the race !

I also tought the heaviest SVL was the Stainless marine Phantom ?!
Not the IMCO boat . LOL

And i think George is right about SVL weight 4750 min. ?!

But hey ,,,,,,LETS PARTY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND RACE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SARASOTA HERE THEY COME THE BADEST BEST AND ...... the others HEHE

F1-00 Racing
06-20-2009, 01:32 PM
I also tought the heaviest SVL was the Stainless marine Phantom ?!
Not the IMCO boat . LOL

And i think George is right about SVL weight 4750 min. ?!

If memory serves me correctly, Stainless was an Extreme that is now known as "Typhoon". As far as who was the heaviest, I dont have a clue. Yes, you are correct that the weight is 4750 in the SBI rulebook, but a change was made over on the OSS side to 4850 and with no SVL's in SBI at the time and almost dismissal of the class(until the latest procedings) SBI did not mess with the rulebook. As Frank said the boats that are SHOWING UP need to get on the same page and let him know as a group what they want. Those sitting on the sidelines should respectfully keep their whining to a minimum.

DAREDEVIL
06-20-2009, 01:43 PM
If memory serves me correctly, Stainless was an Extreme that is now known as "Typhoon". As far as who was the heaviest, I dont have a clue. Yes, you are correct that the weight is 4750 in the SBI rulebook, but a change was made over on the OSS side to 4850 and with no SVL's in SBI at the time and almost dismissal of the class(until the latest procedings) SBI did not mess with the rulebook. As Frank said the boats that are SHOWING UP need to get on the same page and let him know as a group what they want. Those sitting on the sidelines should respectfully keep their whining to a minimum.

Sorry if i posted something wrong about the Rules,,,,,ofcoarse its up to them.

But THE OLD STAINLESS BOAT ,,was a PHANTOM !!!!!!!!! the second one was a EXTREME !!!! ( TYPHOON )
Do u remember the purple silver one from Haggin ????? Thats the old one !
And its for sale by the way.

Dunbar 104
06-20-2009, 02:11 PM
I was planning on 4750

TYPHOON
06-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Is there a scale at the race? Who checks boats weight in and out.
MD

DAREDEVIL
06-20-2009, 03:14 PM
Scale on the crane !!!!

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-20-2009, 03:27 PM
Scotti, who are you going to race?

imco offshore
06-20-2009, 03:27 PM
daredevil over on page 4 there are some engine builders talking about tps mas flow ecm superchargers they are having problems with i,m sure they could use your expert advice

DAREDEVIL
06-20-2009, 04:28 PM
LOOK u guys,,,i am trying to help . if u dont want my help then just say so .

I just want to have a great time with all of u and make sarasota real huge !!!!

So let me know if i should shut up and i am done .

If u guys would be as helpfull as i am ,,,,then maybe i wouldn't have all these problems that i had in the 2008 season.

And JIM,,,this is all about Sarasota and a BIG RACE ,,,not about each class.

WHATEVER:leaving:

XtremeRacing
06-20-2009, 05:58 PM
LOOK u guys,,,i am trying to help . if u dont want my help then just say so .

I just want to have a great time with all of u and make sarasota real huge !!!!

So let me know if i should shut up and i am done .

If u guys would be as helpfull as i am ,,,,then maybe i wouldn't have all these problems that i had in the 2008 season.

And JIM,,,this is all about Sarasota and a BIG RACE ,,,not about each class.

WHATEVER:leaving:

I'm letting u know ...SHUT UP AND BE DONE

XtremeRacing
06-20-2009, 06:59 PM
Is there a scale at the race? Who checks boats weight in and out.
MD

Randy,
Not sure if that is a serious question or not?? Wheren't you in KW 3-4 yrs back???

To anwser both your questions:

#1 Is there scales: Sbi uses two cart attacked together like a seesaw ... they put your boat in one and stones in other and try to get as close as they can.

#2 Who cks the boats: Fred Flintstone

imco offshore
06-20-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm letting u know ...SHUT UP AND BE DONE

i second that, thanks ! now whats fred flinstone doing.? look were ALL going to have a great time. i feel bad that things didn,t work out as we might have wanted them to. but the cards have been delt it is what it is. NOW we have to make the best of it , i,m very greatfull that someone is willing to give svl,s a second chance, otherwise they would all be setting on trailers.or cut off the tops and end up poker run boats except you can,t take any friends.no room. so lets all get ready to party,, hell i might even drink a beer or two. :03: :willy_nilly::driving::26::bigear::cuss:

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Margaritas:drool5:

Steve Miklos
06-20-2009, 07:59 PM
I have seen 3 scales at SBi two are remote displays one looks to be from APBA all seem real close to me. I went to both on the trailer and got the same weight in KW.
Steve

TYPHOON
06-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Thanks Steve. I was serious. I haven't raced with SBI in years and didn't know the procedure at the cranes. I am used to the OSS way of having an official record your weight going in and out being mandatory. I don't know if SBI does it the same way. Sorry if my question offended some of you.
Randy

stevequick
06-21-2009, 10:03 AM
It's a fair question Randy. After all the BS that's been spouted you might think SBI estimates weights by eye.
All classes with weight restrictions get weighed in and out EVERY time. No weight no trophy. Our friends Miccosukee weighed light at Morehead City and were penalized per the rulebook.
SQ

XtremeRacing
06-21-2009, 10:12 AM
Randy,
Your question wasnt about the procedure, what might of made some scence.
Read you post your question was if there are "SCALES AT THE RACE"
Your question didnt offend anyone one, it was kinda funny for a seasoned racer to ask if there are scales at a race. You offended yourself and hope other racers wont think you lots it asking something like that.
Just in case you wanted to know there are "BOATS AT THE RACE ALSO"

XtremeRacing
06-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Steve,
You are really being kind today if you think that was a fair question. You must be getting a little softer these days my friend.
If a board member on OSS doesnt know if SBI uses scales we all have big problems. I guess he could of just asked the 15 OSS boats that were in KW.

Sean Stinson
06-21-2009, 10:53 AM
Why do you want to break his balls Frank???? LOL

Steve Miklos
06-21-2009, 10:59 AM
I have no problem with it.
I wondered how the scales would b e at SBI compared to what we were used to at APBA. We went early in KW 2006 and they let us try both cranes. We worried if we went in on one and out on the other we may miss on weight or future fuel burn. They were both the same although there was some variation as it was windy.

When we arrived I grabbed the make and models and checked what the O.E.M.had for specifications. The only concern that brought up was they had a broad operating range I think up to 15K Kilo's so on the low end we wondered about sensitivity.

I do not think you will find them any different than what you had at APBA. I would suggest to all teams to weigh in in case there is a difference. Let's settle it on the race course not at the crane!
Steve

SVL66
06-21-2009, 11:03 AM
I haven't eaten in 7 days...you guys are in trouble

Steve Miklos
06-21-2009, 11:12 AM

Rut-Roh I bet that Jay will still be "riding on the high side"!
Steve

XtremeRacing
06-21-2009, 11:22 AM

Oh boy he's taking this serious ....you go Rocky:03:

XtremeRacing
06-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Why do you want to break his balls Frank???? LOL

Sean,
Its all in good fun I'm sure he knows that.:seeya:

DAREDEVIL
06-21-2009, 11:23 AM
i haven't eaten in 7 days...you guys are in trouble

the cheese cacke will take care of that .lol

imco offshore
06-21-2009, 11:37 AM
bruce , my wife would like too know if you could bring down some of your salt water taffy from n.j. thanks

XtremeRacing
06-21-2009, 11:40 AM
One large real NY/NJ PIZZA would be nice also

SVL66
06-21-2009, 11:45 AM
i'll "sea" what I can do. bear in mind, i have a 17 hour drive. i might get hungry along the way

Ratickle
06-21-2009, 11:49 AM
i'll "sea" what I can do. bear in mind, i have a 17 hour drive. i might get hungry along the way

Just fill the cockpit, you'll make it with some....:)

Steve Miklos
06-21-2009, 04:10 PM

In that case can you bring 2 12 packs of beer ( no light beer please) 3lbs Fettucine Alfredo 2lb bone in Prime Rib and some desserts!

Then Jay will riding really high!
Steve

Sean Stinson
06-21-2009, 05:32 PM
One large real NY/NJ PIZZA would be nice also

I will tell you what if you evr get to Orange County Cali....In Costa Mesa on the corner of 17th St and Irvine AV you have to try Al's New York Cafe best Pizza I have ever had and I've had it all coast to coast and border to border!!!

imco offshore
06-21-2009, 07:27 PM
:seeya: ok sean then we put in charge of bringing the pizza. jim brings margritas , bruce saltwater taffy , trent beer, daredevil cheese cake, i,ll bring the grill and cook ? if we don,t win, we will still be some fata$$ well feed happy drunks.

Sean Stinson
06-21-2009, 08:47 PM
:seeya: ok sean then we put in charge of bringing the pizza. jim brings margritas , bruce saltwater taffy , trent beer, daredevil cheese cake, i,ll bring the grill and cook ? if we don,t win, we will still be some fata$$ well feed happy drunks.

I dont live in Cali anymore but I am sure I can figure out a solution for a substitute!!!:sifone::sifone::sifone:

Sean Stinson
06-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Sean,
Its all in good fun I'm sure he knows that.:seeya:

I know it is bro I just had to get my .02 in while I had the chance!!!:sifone::sifone:

XtremeRacing
06-21-2009, 09:15 PM
George,
Entry form r on the web site, if you click on the racers packet the form there doesnt have the SVL's. There is a seperate entry form tab you will see that is the updated one for you guys with SVL's on it.
Please guys if you know you r coming please try and help and get your info. in ASAP !
Thanks in advance....

F1-00 Racing
06-21-2009, 09:42 PM
George,
Entry form r on the web site, if you click on the racers packet the form there doesnt have the SVL's. There is a seperate entry form tab you will see that is the updated one for you guys with SVL's on it.
Please guys if you know you r coming please try and help and get your info. in ASAP !
Thanks in advance....

Here ya go Frank! It is listed as "Super Vee Ltd"

http://www.superboat.com/docs/6-22-09%20National%20Entry%20Form%20-%20type%20in.pdf

XtremeRacing
06-21-2009, 09:45 PM
George,
The equipment forms : Go to home page and click Team Resourse , and the form is listed as 2009 equip membership.

imco offshore
06-21-2009, 09:51 PM
ok i will do it now, and i,ll call the others tomorrow and get them to do it. thanks for all you guys help.

XtremeRacing
06-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Anytime George we are all working for the same thing.

Phantom1
06-21-2009, 10:32 PM
Steve

That was us (Equalizer w/#5) and we appreciated the offer to adjust.

Phantom1
06-21-2009, 10:44 PM

Atta boy......I love it. LOL!!:)

imco offshore
06-22-2009, 03:00 PM
:drool5: :drool5:well please don,t start with my saltwater taffy on board

imco offshore
06-22-2009, 03:03 PM
George,
Thanks in advance....

we sent it in last night, next it,s showtime!:driving:

XtremeRacing
06-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks ...Amyone else that can get them in would be a great help.
George I ordered a 20 x 40 tent so if we want to cook out there,and set up camp. Get out of the heat it is usally hot as a mother there.

SVL66
06-22-2009, 04:02 PM
on its way

ThrottleUp Props
06-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Mine Too!

Julie