PDA

View Full Version : Any Ft. laud Updates??

Pete B
06-06-2009, 06:53 AM
how's the weather, water conditions, any testing going today??

Sean Stinson
06-06-2009, 07:10 AM
how's the weather, water conditions, any testing going today??

I will keep you posted, Pete!! I am meeting Bobby Saccenti there at 10:30 am today and check it out!!!!

Coach
06-06-2009, 12:05 PM
13 teams as of noon on Saturday... testing has begun... more later!

Coach

Coach
06-06-2009, 12:33 PM
As of 12:30 Eastern.... 16 teams present and accounted for... 2 or 3 more inbound. Miss Geico will face off against Aqua-Mania! and there is heads multi-team competition in 3 or 4 other classes!

Very Nice High Five!

PS: The cameras are filming...

Coach

Sean Stinson
06-07-2009, 07:29 AM
Rained like hell yesterday afternoon when I went to the bar with Steve Quick, Lee Austin, and Doug Kelly for lunch!!!! I believe there was 14 boats at that time and interviews with CBS Sports going on throughout the morning until the rain started and went back to hook up with Brett May interviews had started again!!!

Wardey
06-07-2009, 10:17 AM
Cool !!! Thanks for the updates. Dave

F1-00 Racing
06-07-2009, 04:44 PM
I just the call that the race went well, the only incident was that Chicken got tossed, all reports say they are ok.

Sean Stinson
06-07-2009, 06:44 PM
As of 12:30 Eastern.... 16 teams present and accounted for... 2 or 3 more inbound. Miss Geico will face off against Aqua-Mania! and there is heads multi-team competition in 3 or 4 other classes!

Very Nice High Five!

Coach

Please dont misquote me when you post I told you what was there.....there wasn't 16 boats there I dont mind giving you info but please keep the facts straight!!!!!

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-07-2009, 08:20 PM
I just the call that the race went well, the only incident was that Chicken got tossed, all reports say they are ok.

Why weren't you there? I thought your were a SBI supporter.

Sorry for busting you. Best wishes and prayers for your family.

Coach
06-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Please dont misquote me when you post I told you what was there.....there wasn't 16 boats there I dont mind giving you info but please keep the facts straight!!!!!

Another participant counted boats in the dry pits from there hotel room at 12:30, after I talk to you... The results at SBIP website indicate 15 finished or participated...

What can I say...

SVL66
06-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Another participant counted boats in the dry pits from there hotel room at 12:30, after I talk to you... The results at SBIP website indicate 15 finished or participated...

What can I say...

Problem is, you say too much of NOTHING!

Pete B
06-07-2009, 10:36 PM
I will keep you posted, Pete!! I am meeting Bobby Saccenti there at 10:30 am today and check it out!!!!

Thanks, for reporting for those of us that arent there.

Pete B
06-07-2009, 10:39 PM

Very Nice High Five!

Coach

Just curious what happened to the 3 or 4 more on the way?? That line has been used SO many times, just report the facts! Not the spectulation!

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-07-2009, 10:40 PM
One must have been listed in two classes again.

Pete B
06-08-2009, 05:55 AM
where the heck are all the pics??? no FF, Armand, jayboat?????

Pete B
06-08-2009, 07:06 AM
They were all told that because of CBS they were not allowed to post anything online....FF was there I assure you of that as I talked to him several times throughout the weekend....

Thanks Sean, so with CBS there we no longer will get pics from a race??
That ought to really bring in the fans!:leaving:

Sean Stinson
06-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Alright I watched the race from the top of the cross walk from Bahia Mar to the beach....

Aquamania jumped the start and was penalized however it didnt much matter as in the first turn Geico went to the inside and was pinched by 2 super vees and AquaMania got hosed down and shut down a turbine....they were back up and running and closed the gap on Geico but didnt have enough to catch the lizard boat...4 Super Vees battled it out the 3 at the front were RockStar, HardRock,and Miccosoukee while Superboat was behind them ....The 3 battled for most of the race when Miccosoukee broke....leaving the other 2 to race with HardRock winning...RockStar split a hose causing some overheating but battled to the end....Gary Ballough and Throttle Up had a great race and traded the lead numerous times when Throttle Up lost a gearcase giving Gary the win.....In the P Classes Crazy Chicken, Simmons Marine, Daredevil, and National Guard went at it DareDevil dropped out right away and the Chicken and Simmons went head to head for the race and even had a little bumping going on in the late turns that put Dee Early in the water but he was alright!!!! Bat boat ran uncontested...Thats about all the head to head racing I paid attention to....

Pete I dont know how the photo thing will play out!!!! I will try to find out for you!!

Sean Stinson
06-08-2009, 07:26 AM
I tried to find Jayboat but didn't cross paths with him.....

Sean Stinson
06-08-2009, 07:26 AM
I know Bobby did an interview with CBS

jayboat
06-08-2009, 07:36 AM
I tried to find Jayboat but didn't cross paths with him.....

Sorry, guys... Jax wore us out. After flying Sat and editing all afternoon for the party that night- no way could we get packed and loaded for a 6am departure to get down to Lauderdale in time for the race. Energy level was starting to run a bit low by then. :smash:

I'll catch up with you in Sunny Isles, Sean!

Sean Stinson
06-08-2009, 07:48 AM
Sorry, guys... Jax wore us out. After flying Sat and editing all afternoon for the party that night- no way could we get packed and loaded for a 6am departure to get down to Lauderdale in time for the race. Energy level was starting to run a bit low by then. :smash:

I'll catch up with you in Sunny Isles, Sean!

Yeah I just saw that you were shooting Jax....I will see you in Sunny Isles!!!!

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Sean, I get in Thursday evening. Staying at the NEWPORT. I look forward to meeting you in person.

Sean Stinson
06-08-2009, 08:48 AM
Sean, I get in Thursday evening. Staying at the NEWPORT. I look forward to meeting you in person.

Me too will have some fun this weekend!!!!

Sean Stinson
06-08-2009, 08:56 AM

What can I say...

And while I am at it let me disspell another myth and clarify that while Pat D who we all know and love has 3 brothers John Carbonell IS NOT one of them!!!! I just thought I would let everyone know that!!!! :sifone::sifone:

catastrophe
06-08-2009, 09:03 AM
OK Let me ask the question again cuz I haven't seen it answered.

When CBS is involved in any future events , are our resident photogs who have kindly shared the race photos not allowed to post them for us?

catastrophe
06-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Thanks Sean

Keep us posted.

Makes a big difference to our members

Pat D
06-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Sean, I look forward to meeting you in person.

I just did meet him in person finally.
Have to say though.........Bobby's still got it......:)

Re: the "related to JC" rumor that is turning up again and I don't know why. It is still not true that JC is one of my 3 brothers.

Catastrophe........I'm not sure anyone knows the specifics on the CBS/posting photos issue except CBS Sports and SBI.
Best advice as usual......go to the source and ask.....305-296-6166
Pat Thomas Diedrich:)

Sean Stinson
06-08-2009, 09:16 AM
I just did meet him in person finally.
Have to say though.........Bobby's still got it......:)

Re: the "related to JC" rumor that is turning up again and I don't know why. It is still not true that JC is one of my 3 brothers.

Catastrophe........I'm not sure anyone knows the specifics on the CBS/posting photos issue except CBS Sports and SBI.
Best advice as usual......go to the source and ask.....305-296-6166
Pat Thomas Diedrich:)

Pat is was a great pleasure meeting you after all this time as well!!!!

Bobby is the Ultimate Rockstar still gets interviewed anywhere we go he is the center of attention!!!!! CBS had him grabbed up minutes after we got there!!!!

catastrophe
06-08-2009, 09:16 AM
TY
Whose # is that ?

Sean Stinson
06-08-2009, 09:20 AM
TY
Whose # is that ?

John Carbonell's

jayboat
06-08-2009, 09:26 AM
OK Let me ask the question again cuz I haven't seen it answered.

When CBS is involved in any future events , are our resident photogs who have kindly shared the race photos not allowed to post them for us?

Easy answer, Alec...
the rule when shooting in a public place is:
If I can see it, I can shoot it. :)

Pat D
06-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Easy answer, Alec...
the rule when shooting in a public place is:
If I can see it, I can shoot it. :)

I don't think that was the question.......

catastrophe
06-08-2009, 09:56 AM
Correct

Wait for the answer.

I called.

Will have Sean correspond when we hear.

Everyone enjoy your day.

jayboat
06-08-2009, 10:38 AM
I don't think that was the question.......
Correct

Wait for the answer.

I called.

Will have Sean correspond when we hear.

Everyone enjoy your day.

Well, I thought I was answering it, sort of. :ack2: The comments don't make any sense to me and my answer was partly based on JC's past behavior re photography (ask Sharkey).

If I have shot something, it's my photo to post as I see fit, although I will sometimes hold back if I'm shooting for a magazine.

If they are telling us we cannot post any pix, that won't fly two feet in my world.

If they are asking us not to post, that just seems totally ridiculous and smacks of extreme hubris on their part. The tiny number of people on this and the half dozen other boating sites are but a drop in the bucket to viewership numbers of a CBS program.

:cheers2:

catastrophe
06-08-2009, 11:26 AM
The short answer is this.

In an effort to bring offshore racing to the public which is great for our hobby/sport, SBI has established a relationship with CBS.

With that comes some rules , which is quite understandable...but for now those rules have not been qualified or quantified, so before SBI has an official position that they must take...life will go on.

XtremeRacing
06-08-2009, 09:14 PM
I want to thank the city of Ft Lauderdale they were a great host. The race went well and we r looking forward to yrs of racing there.

Want to thank CBS they do an awesome jobs and i think everyone will be happy with the twist they are going to put on the new show.

Sean Stinson
06-09-2009, 08:22 AM
I want to thank the city of Ft Lauderdale they were a great host. The race went well and we r looking forward to yrs of racing there.

Want to thank CBS they do an awesome jobs and i think everyone will be happy with the twist they are going to put on the new show.

Sorry I missed you there Frank...I didn't get a chance to look you up!!!!

XtremeRacing
06-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Hopefully next time Sean it was a crazy weekend

AugiePensa
06-09-2009, 10:18 AM
Sean:ack2:, BE :)NICE to Mom Pat, She's "FAMILY!":beatdeadhorse5:

Sean Stinson
06-10-2009, 09:06 AM
Sean:ack2:, BE :)NICE to Mom Pat, She's "FAMILY!":beatdeadhorse5:

Augie

She's a wonderful person!!! You couldn't ask for a sweeter lady! I took Bobby over there to say hi to her Sat at registration!!! Made her day!!!

Sean

Are you going to be in Sarasota or where are you going to be next?????