PDA

View Full Version : Please support me in the Leukemia Poker Run!

Sammyb713
06-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Hello Everyone!!

I need everyone to help a fellow Power Boater out..

I am running in the Leukemia Poker Run in Maryland on June 26th-28th. All the money donated goes towards a great cause and a great foundation! My goal is to rase $1000.00! I think with the help from all of you great people, my friends, and my family, I should be able to reach that goal!! Lets see how great this boating community really is..$5, $10, $20...anything you can!

Every little bit helps!!

A little about my team:

1993 35SS Sonic
Twin 509's
Driver/Throttle/Owner : Samantha Bongiorno
Crew: ALL GIRL CREW!! NOW YA HAVE TO SUPPORT US!!
For anymore info, please visit CBPBA.com! Also if your in the area you should definetly sign up and do the run!

Please Visit the below website to make a donation! Help me out!!

http://mdc.powerboat.llsevent.org/pledge/index.cfm?mid=SBONGIORNO

catastrophe
06-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I don't use online money transfers.

Post name of charity and address to send cheque and count on $ 200.00 next day.

Have fun and be safe.

Kudos to you for raising money for such a cause.

Sammyb713
06-05-2009, 10:29 AM
I don't use online money transfers.

Post name of charity and address to send cheque and count on $ 200.00 next day.

Have fun and be safe.

Kudos to you for raising money for such a cause.

Wow!! Thank you!!

According to the CBPBA.com

All checks for the donations are made out to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society

In the "memo" just put my name SAMANTHA BONGIORNO

You can send the check to me and then we turn the checks in on the day of registration at the Poker Run.

Per Mark Willis, the head guy directing the Poker Run, this is his suggestion:

I would prefer that they mailed the checks to you or gave them to you directly. This way we can track accurately how much fund raising you have. If the check is sent to the HQ office and your friends do not mention your name in the memo you will not receive credit for the donations.

My address is
Samantha Bongiorno
8 Mariners Walk Way
Middle River, MD 21220

Thank you!! I am amazaed and thankful to be apart of such a great boating community!

catastrophe
06-05-2009, 12:09 PM
230.00 Canadian in mail now.

Have fun.

fund razor
06-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Tax Deductions:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society will most likely acknowledge donors using the address on your check. The acknowledgement that they send may be used to substantiate the gift for IRS purposes, and in most cases, this would be a tax deductible gift.
The key is that the check was written to the non-profit.

Good luck Sammy!

Ted
06-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Nice, thanks Alex for supporting a great cause. I wasn't going to the well on this one since everyone was so generous on the Polar Bear thing. We host the first and longest running Leukemia Poker Run in the country. We have a great time and this year looks like a good run with some new stops. All the info is on www.cbpba.com so if someone would like to join us the first round of drinks is on me after we stop for the day. If you need any info, feel free to PM or email me.

Ted
06-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Oh, and I will make sure to get pics of the all girl crew :D :D