PDA

View Full Version : Got a question, I hope I do not sound too dumb......

OutlawCowgirl
10-31-2008, 09:00 PM
I am needing to replace the rubber plugs that go on the valve covers that I put my breather hoses on with. The hoses that are connected to the flame arrestor. Mine are worn out and I would hate for parts of them to fall off. I have a 1992 525 SC. Could I just order them online some where? Thanks in advance guys!!!

Good Lord, I sound like such a girl here!:blush5:

MOBILEMERCMAN
11-01-2008, 12:34 AM
You can look it up and order here
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/SelectProductLine.asp

MarylandMark
11-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Good Lord, I sound like such a girl here!

Blah- making me look bad. They make mechanics for stuff like that.

ps- that's not a rich dude attitude because that is def not the case; just know if I touch any thing with tools it ends up costing me more to fix my f'ups than what was originally broken.

OutlawCowgirl
11-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Blah- making me look bad. They make mechanics for stuff like that.

ps- that's not a rich dude attitude because that is def not the case; just know if I touch any thing with tools it ends up costing me more to fix my f'ups than what was originally broken.

I like to work on my own stuff. I have at least 3 different sets, and growing, of pink tools. This summer I replaced the bilge pump, THAT was a task in itself. I helped pull the 454 and install the 525. I also did one side of the 525 when we pulled the heads and had them freshened up. I kinda know my way around the engine.......Gordo was and still is my teacher......he is the best!!!!
I am not afraid of much when it comes to the engine and boating. I have raced my boat in shootouts 3 times. The only thing I cannot handle is cutting into the boat. I cannot be around for that. :blush5:

OutlawCowgirl
11-01-2008, 12:19 PM
You can look it up and order here
http://www.mercruiserparts.com/SelectProductLine.asp

KEWL! Thanks a bunch! I will look into that!!!

Griff
11-01-2008, 09:40 PM
You could probably take the old one out and just take it into Napa. It's just a rubber valve cover grommet and they should be able to match it.

OutlawCowgirl
11-02-2008, 08:57 AM
You could probably take the old one out and just take it into Napa. It's just a rubber valve cover grommet and they should be able to match it.

REALLY? KEWL! That will save me on shipping! Thanks Griff!

go4broke
11-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Where are you finding pink tools? I got my wife a pink snap-on ratcheting screwdriver that says "property of mom". She loves it, I wold love to get her more.

Mr Gadgets
11-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Another source may be the Chevy dealer. They have grommets for the truck valve covers that have the larger hole in them. But I am not sure what your covers look like or the grommet.. Maybe a pic would help??
Hope that helps.. Tell Gordo I said hello!
Dick

R'Addiction
11-09-2008, 02:20 PM
How did you do Carrie? How was KW? We wished we could have made it....Maybe next year! If you need anything, I do work as a mechanic and I have access to all sorts of cool stuff! No wonder you and Lesley get along sop well, she can hold her own when I raise the hatch on the AT:)

spilman
11-15-2008, 02:41 PM
I like to work on my own stuff. I have at least 3 different sets, and growing, of pink tools. This summer I replaced the bilge pump, THAT was a task in itself. I helped pull the 454 and install the 525. I also did one side of the 525 when we pulled the heads and had them freshened up. I kinda know my way around the engine.......Gordo was and still is my teacher......he is the best!!!!
I am not afraid of much when it comes to the engine and boating. I have raced my boat in shootouts 3 times. The only thing I cannot handle is cutting into the boat. I cannot be around for that. :blush5:

No Doubt! I stauled and procrastinated the deck hatch install for sevceral weeks/months before I got the courage to grab the drill/sawzall and start the cut....came out great though. Measure twice(fiftytimes), cut once!

OutlawCowgirl
11-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Where are you finding pink tools? I got my wife a pink snap-on ratcheting screwdriver that says "property of mom". She loves it, I wold love to get her more.

I have gotten most of my sets as gifts. Nothing fancy like Maco or Snap-On....oh..... what I wouldn't do for a set of either one of those in pink!

OutlawCowgirl
11-18-2008, 02:57 PM
No Doubt! I stauled and procrastinated the deck hatch install for sevceral weeks/months before I got the courage to grab the drill/sawzall and start the cut....came out great though. Measure twice(fiftytimes), cut once!

Looks gooooood!
NO CUTTING for me. I let Gordo do that while I am not around.

OutlawCowgirl
11-18-2008, 02:58 PM
How did you do Carrie? How was KW? We wished we could have made it....Maybe next year! If you need anything, I do work as a mechanic and I have access to all sorts of cool stuff! No wonder you and Lesley get along sop well, she can hold her own when I raise the hatch on the AT:)

Key West was not the same without you! That's all I got to say about that!

MOSCARAB
11-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Where do you boat CG? Ever make it down to LOTO?

OutlawCowgirl
11-19-2008, 09:08 AM
We boat at Lake Perry, Kansas. Once a year we will come to LOTO for me to run my boat in the Shootout.

tango
12-29-2008, 02:29 AM
Mr.Gasket has um ! was in Topeka, heck way tooooo long ago ! but Key West close to yearly.

rockfish71
01-02-2009, 06:07 PM
Chevy dealer there stock right from gm.

OutlawCowgirl
01-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks guys. I have yet to pick these up. Winter project I guess. :blush5:

Gordo
01-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I probably have some in the shop. But you guys will have to help me find them.
I'm sure they're right where I left them...

OutlawCowgirl
01-18-2009, 05:13 PM
Sounds good big brother. When it warms up we will tackle that shop of yours!