PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha ODs...?

rschap1
06-03-2009, 07:59 AM
Anyone know much about being able able to swap these with anything newer? Looking at a boat with one, not real seriously because of the drive. They just look an awful lot like an older OMC or Volvo Cobra drive. I wondered if anything interchanged with them. The only reason I think about it is the boat would probably be a good application for a Volvo Dual Prop. If I could just drop the lower and swap, I might be a tad bit more serious. If the Yamaha is strictly it's own animal, I'll probably give up on the idea. THANSK

Ratickle
06-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Here is a link to one thread. There is a lot of info out there. Bottom line, everyone says price accordingly to replace outdrive. Not a bolt on. Have not found anything yet about height, transom work, etc.

http://my.boatus.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=46342

OBNOXUS
06-03-2009, 11:14 AM
I have had 2 come through the shop,,,,, great drives,,,, IMPOSSIBLE to find parts for.

May last forever, but it has to be bought cheap enough planning on a Merc swap in the future,,,, OR if it does last till your done with it,,,, that it will be harder to sell for the same reasons.

rschap1
06-03-2009, 01:49 PM
BIG THANKS that's the most I have been able to find out. It's too bad, I thought it would have been a cool lil' project. But REALLY glad to find out now instead of later THANKS