PDA

View Full Version : Sunny Isles

XtremeRacing
06-03-2009, 12:44 AM
I heard the Sunny Isles race was cancealed does anyone have Info????
Also if that is true is the Bimini Run also gone???

F1-00 Racing
06-03-2009, 04:05 AM
hmmm when Larry Goldman was passing out brochures in the miami pits he guaranteed that it would happen. I really hope it happens, from what I have heard it is a great race site and all the money that was raised for the Aronow fund last year, it would be a shame to lose another quality race site in offshore racing. Hopefully what you heard was just a rumour Frank.

Trent

XtremeRacing
06-03-2009, 01:10 PM
Bimini run is still a go, just spoke to Larry .

BRAD SCHOENWALD
06-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Bimini run is still a go, just spoke to Larry .

It is not that simple we need everyones help to save this race and the ability to come back in the future.

Sunny isle beach offshore challenge news release

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offshore Events LLC was notified at 2330 (11:30 p.m. EST) June 2, 2009 via email from Offshore Super Series indicating Offshore Super Series has officially canceled their involvement with the “Sunny Isle Beach Offshore Challenge Weekend”

While terribly disappointed Offshore Events LLC remains steadfast as we have a race site with all functional elements in place for a terrific boat race weekend. However, our contract with the City of Sunny Isle Beach requires we provide a nationally sanctioned race. On this specific note the City has made concession to support a one time invitational event. In order to satisfy this concession we must provide the City Manager a boat count list no later than 1500 (3 p.m. EST) today 3 June 2009. Each boat must submit a letter of commitment addressed to the City of Sunny Isles Beach.

Without the City support the entire race weekend will be cancelled to include the Bimini Ocean Race and the Thunderboat Rally. We can not and will not sacrifice, compromise, or concede with regard to our safety management plan, insurance, and emergency medical responsibilities.

Regrettably we do not have a cash race purse as sponsorship has been incredibly difficult this year. However, in lieu of cash we do have 38K (retail value) of Invicta Watches, and approximately 15K of in-kind gift certificates and vouchers for stays in luxury resorts and other accommodations to be awarded to the race teams.

Presently we anticipate a $1000.00 entry fee for all boats. As previously communicated if any net income remains from the race entries it will be redistributed to the racers. All proceeds TOTAL AMOUNT TAKEN IN from Saturday night’s charity auction will go directly to the charity.

Words or any vocabulary can not presently satisfy or properly state how Larry and I feel right now. We remain onboard and ready for Race Boats and Recreational Performance Boats to Show up so please RSVP with a commitment letter as quick as you can to save this race through these tough times.

We are very appreciative to all of the local sponsors, volunteers, and family members who have done a remarkable job on behalf of this event.

We SALUTE the City of Sunny Isle Beach, Miami Dade County, Newport Hotel, INVICTA watches, T n T Marine and all the other sponsors who have done so much and made so many concessions and sacrifices.

We are additionally very grateful for the support and kind words of the individuals within Offshore Super Series who remained in stride step with us to the end and have now offered to volunteer for the invitational event.

With your help and commitment letters to the city to attend we will have a great race this year and preserve this race site for years to come.

Semper Paratus

Brad and Larry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H2O Full Throttle
06-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Good on you OSS - NOT.

You pull out at the last minute and leave them hanging, real good for the sport isnt it. Hope OSS gets shafted by some of the venues in the same way you have just treated Larry and Brad.

And you dont even have the balls to RING them and tell them, you just send them an Email, gutless *****.

purrfection
06-03-2009, 02:58 PM
As a HUGE FAN OF OSS OFFSHORE RACING, I don't know what direction to head. We were planning to attend the race in Sunny Isles, but now as far as OSS goes, it's cancelled. We were planning to attend the OSS race in Orange Beach, it's also cancelled. Luckily, I wasn't booking the flight and hotel reservations to the race in Sunny Isles, until today. We are also planning to attend the races in Kenner as well as LOTO and Jupiter , but now I don't know what to do. The purpose of these planned trips is see offshore racing at it's best, not to merely go sightseeing. Any suggestions?

Coach
06-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Follow the parade of boats! Headed to the next race site venue and then the next.... Sunny Isles is still on, the teams are assembling and showing up regardless of the situation with OSS. Stay behind Miss Geico, and the CBS Sports film crew... stay on it!

Coach

Heatwave
06-03-2009, 04:29 PM
OSS Team Fury 88 will be there.

Ryan Beckley
06-03-2009, 04:48 PM
#111 will be there Fluid Sealing Products will be there...

H2O Full Throttle
06-03-2009, 04:50 PM
If the race goes ahead then I will give any teams who attend 3 life time subscriptions to my magazine each. Each sub to usa is around $60 usd so thats another $180 worth of freebies if you attend.

I know its not much but it all helps. Hope Brad and Larry can get it going.

Ned

TYPHOON
06-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Ned, as far as I know they are still trying to put it on. Many of the OSS teams are still trying to get there to try and save the promoters after all there hard work. We all feel bad about this financial decision. Also there was a formal confrence call with Brad and Larry about this. The e-mail was to have a document.
MD

H2O Full Throttle
06-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Typhoon - Cancelling your own race is one thing, but pulling out ONE WEEK before someone elses's event is supposed to be running is B/S and dont care if it is OSS, SBI whoever.

I spoke to Brad this morning and really hope they get it running. Will you ever see Brad and Larry do anything with OSS again - my guess is highly frigging unlikely.

Ned

Freezeframevideo
06-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Freeze Frame Will Be There We Will Fly Every Part of The Event And Will Race my 30 superboat freeze frame

F1-00 Racing
06-04-2009, 02:45 PM
What a shame, another "one and done"..... Thank you Smitty and JC for offering offshore racers stability.

Brad, I know I cant make it, but I am working with the guys now to get at least one if not both of our boats down there to participate.

Trent

Ratickle
06-04-2009, 05:53 PM
What a shame, another "one and done"..... Thank you Smitty and JC for offering offshore racers stability.

Brad, I know I cant make it, but I am working with the guys now to get at least one if not both of our boats down there to participate.

Trent

Put Rich and Brownie in one.......:)

Sean Stinson
06-04-2009, 06:27 PM
I think they are making out alright all things considered!!!!

T2x
06-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Put Rich and Brownie in one.......:)

Why interrupt a great day of drinking?

Sean Stinson
06-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Why interrupt a great day of drinking?

I will be there drinking I am sure!!!!:sifone::sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
06-10-2009, 11:50 AM
I will be there drinking I am sure!!!!:sifone::sifone:

You and me both.:sifone: