PDA

View Full Version : Big Fish Boat Race Video!

Fever Mike
06-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Grove Slam 2009 Offshore Fishing Boat Race.

Check this out! The fishing touramnets are now doing boat racing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMfXxAB9olc&feature=channel

Sean Stinson
06-02-2009, 06:43 AM
Hey and it was all one class as well!!!!!

THEJOKER
06-02-2009, 08:30 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fever Mike
06-02-2009, 08:36 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah I was thinking about you....These fishing guys do this it seems like at all the bigger fishing touramnets. I found this over on www.kingfishconnection.com
Fountain, Yellowfin, Invincable, Contender, Deep Impact, Donzi are the brands that are racing. Merc 300 and 350 Verado's and Yamaha 350's are the engines or choice.

Davidmnc
06-02-2009, 08:50 AM
That's pretty cool.

Perlmudder
06-02-2009, 12:01 PM
neat. looked like some good water to run in!

smokeybandit
06-02-2009, 01:06 PM
That's the best OFFSHORE race I have seen in a long time!

99fever27
06-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Nice! :)

Fever Mike
06-02-2009, 02:49 PM
That's the best OFFSHORE race I have seen in a long time!

Yeah that is what I though too. That is why I posted it here for you all to see. I know you all are not into fish boat but these guys are going 70+mph and getting air. Pretty cool I thought too.

THEJOKER
06-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Patience is a great virtue!

T2x
06-02-2009, 02:57 PM
At first I thought it was the start of a tournament and they were running to the fishing spots, but then they turned the lighthouse.......

Interesting how the lead boats wound up aiming for the guys going in the opposite direction after that turn.............

Bottom line is there are probably hundreds if not thousands of people who would like to race their boats........ The issue is finding them a truly user friendly (and safe) way to do it........ I wonder if someone could find out what insurance is in place while these "races" are going on...and at what price.

This is very interesting..........

T2x

Ratickle
06-02-2009, 03:06 PM
I think a new class....:sifone:

11 boats at the start looked like.

Seriously though. Has anyone ever stuffed one of those open bow boats? What the heck happens?

Ratickle
06-02-2009, 03:07 PM

T2x

You just say that cause their outboards.....:)

Fever Mike
06-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Hey I do not know the particulars but they have a website called www.kingfishconnection.com and they are all over it. Plus the boat that won also won the tournament and took home $70,000 in prize money! The fish guys seem to work together real well and have a plan laid out and attract the sponsors. These tournamnet are now being shown on TV with Versus and another channel.

At first I thought it was the start of a tournament and they were running to the fishing spots, but then they turned the lighthouse.......

Interesting how the lead boats wound up aiming for the guys going in the opposite direction after that turn.............

Bottom line is there are probably hundreds if not thousands of people who would like to race their boats........ The issue is finding them a truly user friendly (and safe) way to do it........ I wonder if someone could find out what insurance is in place while these "races" are going on...and at what price.

T2x

Bobcat
06-03-2009, 06:25 AM
I think a new class....:sifone:

11 boats at the start looked like.

Seriously though. Has anyone ever stuffed one of those open bow boats? What the heck happens?

I'll try to find out this weekend:sifone:

Philip
06-03-2009, 04:30 PM
I think the appeal is the lack of classes, the bygone era of standing up, and racing to a point out in the ocean, , and the “Iron Man” aspect of the racing, they are racing twin boats, against triple boats, 30’ against 40’, these things are very reminiscent of offshore racing during the beginning years, the years that Brownie writes about, “When men were men” LOL, there doesn't appear to be check boats, sweep boats, flag boats, and all of the other safety support that the risk of a law suit makes the producers of a modern day race fear. in the litigious society we live in, the lawsuits would be immense. It sure is great fun to watch.
Philip