PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Boattrader.com

Magicfloat
10-31-2008, 11:01 AM
A computer dummy (me),is having a problem.As some of you know,my website www.nelems.com just links to my boats that I have listed on boattrader.com. It has worked well for years and serves my purpose well. But this week the did some neat upgrades where you can sort my boats by brand,or year,or price. Only problem is my friends that use Vista cannot sort that way,but worse for me,they cannot call up page 2 of my boats. With Windows XP is works fine.BT claims it's not their problem,it's a problem with my hyperlink to BT and it needs upgrading.But they cannot explain why it works fine except with Vista. My desktop is XP and it works fine,my laptop is Vista and it won't call up page 2,or sort.WTF? Can some of you out there try my site and see if you can call up page 2,and sort by catagory? Isn't this BT's problem and not mine?

Marinaguy
10-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Magic......I too am an idiot....I have XP Pro and I can't get the first page to change. To sort I change the box and click, I get the Hourglass and then a new page, same as the old page. I'm afraid I haven't helped much......still LOVING my 41PC BTW.....

Expensive Date
10-31-2008, 05:26 PM
Tried it on two laptops one XP pro and another Vista.As you stated XP works fine but with Vista you can not bring up second page

Magicfloat
10-31-2008, 05:50 PM
Makes no sense at all. What exactly do they mean when they say I need to update the hyperlink?

MarylandMark
10-31-2008, 05:50 PM
Ditto on the Vista thing- can't get to 2nd page.

I went to a few other dealers pages and do not have the same problem- just your page.

When I went to BT, searched dealers and then went to your page- no issues; only issues from your link.

You link goes to:

http://www.boattrader.com/dealers/Nelems-Marine/736250?type=all

The good link is:

http://www.boattrader.com/dealers/Nelems-Marine/736250

Take the "?type=all" off your hyperlink. Hyperlink is when I click on nelems.com the address it forwards me to

Edit- "bad" link is too long to show on this page and adds periods in the link- click on the 2 and you will see the difference- one has "?type=all" and the other (good one) doesn't

MarylandMark
10-31-2008, 06:01 PM
I am restoring my iPhone- not sure how long it will take but will call you when it's done to help if I can Robert.

Magicfloat
10-31-2008, 06:36 PM
The power of SOS.My buddy MM is going to try to fix this problem for me. Thanks in advance MM

MarylandMark
10-31-2008, 08:24 PM
It's working now!

I noticed the URL (bar at the top with the web address in it) stays on "nelems.com" vs going to "boattrader.com"

Could be a benefit- able to monitor how many visits you get, if someone saves your site it will be your address vs boat traders, etc.

Nothing to worry about- just an observation. It would only be an issue if they were charging you for bandwidth because the boat trader frame is flowing through your site.

Magicfloat
10-31-2008, 08:44 PM
MarylandMark is my new hero and my new webmaster (the pay is not real good) He cut thru all the red tape and got my website back up to speed. Thank you my friend,I did not know who to turn to when BoatTrader fluffed me off,so I turned to SOS and MM came thru for me.

MarylandMark
10-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Good talking to you Robert and glad to help buddy!

Macklin
11-02-2008, 08:57 AM
MarylandMark is my new hero and my new webmaster (the pay is not real good) He cut thru all the red tape and got my website back up to speed. Thank you my friend,I did not know who to turn to when BoatTrader fluffed me off,so I turned to SOS and MM came thru for me.

Cool.

Now, just hope he doesn't delete your web site and all postings. :26:

MarylandMark
11-02-2008, 09:41 AM
LOL- I was thinking of creating my own price cut so I could get in that 330SS he has...

I noticed the URL (bar at the top with the web address in it) stays on "nelems.com" vs going to "boattrader.com"

Could be a benefit- able to monitor how many visits you get, if someone saves your site it will be your address vs boat traders, etc.

Nothing to worry about- just an observation. It would only be an issue if they were charging you for bandwidth because the boat trader frame is flowing through your site.

Found a flaw- can't cut and paste a link to a specific boat. I'll be on it after breakfast.

Magicfloat
11-02-2008, 11:21 PM
Thanks,Mark. Tho I have no idea what you are talking about,I trust my new webmaster guy:)

t500hps
11-03-2008, 09:13 AM
Good to hear you were taken care of Robert......and that Mark finally was able to contribute more than "babble"!!! :biggrinjester:

MarylandMark
11-03-2008, 10:28 AM
......and that mark finally was able to contribute more than "babble"!!!

:26:

Magicfloat
11-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Well,MM is now the official administrator for my website. Am I in deep trouble or what?:)

MarylandMark
11-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Yep....

:seeya:

t500hps
11-03-2008, 04:24 PM
It'll probably only cost you one new Formula...........per year!!! :)

MarylandMark
11-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Found a flaw- can't cut and paste a link to a specific boat. I'll be on it after breakfast.

Thanks,Mark. Tho I have no idea what you are talking about,I trust my new webmaster guy:)

Fixed- server takes about an hour to process updates. Example of the issue would be: Click here (http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-FORMULA-370-SS-85553966) vs Click here (http://www.Nelems.com)

One takes you to a specific boat vs the other takes you to all your inventory. How it was setup before you couldn't link a specific boat; only all your inventory. Now you can link a specific boat OR the your entire inventory.

Magicfloat
11-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Thanks,MM. Have fun in Key West,drink a beer or 3 for me.

Magicfloat
11-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Hate to bring this back up but Boat Trader has screwed up again and Maryland Mark is probrably drinking in Key West. Two of my friends said the same problem is back,won't call up page 2 or sort by catagory. I tried it and it worked fine,now it is down for site maintenance. Can some of you go to www.nelems.com and see what you get? And MM,when you finish your drinks,get back to work as my webmaster:boxing_smiley:

Magicfloat
11-05-2008, 10:24 PM
WTF,it's working fine for me now,but still not working for the 2 friends that called me.I guess I will have to wait for MM:)

WANTED GUN
11-06-2008, 01:26 AM
It worked fine for me. I have Vista on a laptop.

MarylandMark
11-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Robert call me.

I'm on iPhone so not sure what I can do but I'll make sure it is fixed. This is your livelyhood and we can joke and have fun but $$ is still $$$

Magicfloat
11-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Well,just had another call from a friend,same problem,can't get to page 2 or sort by brand. Would some of you mind checking out the site and see what you get? BT swears it's fixed,and it's working fine for me and most everybody. I hope it's just a problem with my friend's computer,but if he has a problem,maybe others do too. Thanks for the help. Robert

t500hps
11-12-2008, 03:33 PM
just checked the website...everything worked fine for me.

MarylandMark
11-12-2008, 08:19 PM
Me just checked as well- all looks ok.

Have them go to the page and hit the "F5" button to "refresh".

If it looks fine after doing that they need to clear their "cache" (pronounced "cash")- have him call me if he needs help.

This works well cleaning up "crap" on computers.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Magicfloat
11-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks,MM. Glad you are back. I assume you survived Key West?:)

MarylandMark
11-12-2008, 08:55 PM
I survived!!

I should start a poll- am I a bigger toolbag online or in real life? 2nd thought I'm not sure I want the answer to that one...

Was a blast- here (http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18146#post18146) is our fearless leaders opinion (or at least what he claims out loud)

If you had MM's little honey, you'd have been doing all that with her and more. He's way out of his league. Plus, he redeemed himself pretty well. I saw him at 9AM on Friday and he was on his way. I saw him mid-day and he was plowed. I saw him about 10 that evening on Duval and he was downright blazed. But he was going like the energizer bunny. His right elbow was swollen from over-use. The boy can hang.