PDA

View Full Version : semi long range predictions

phragle
10-12-2008, 09:02 AM
how does everyone see things say 3 years out?? back to precrisis? below previous levels etc.. pricing on housing/big ticket items?? resason Im asking is that most know I am back in school and curious as to what the post education paycheck is going to get me.

THEJOKER
10-16-2008, 09:46 PM
Work don't worry!

DaveP
10-20-2008, 12:09 PM
how does everyone see things say 3 years out?? back to precrisis? below previous levels etc.. pricing on housing/big ticket items?? resason Im asking is that most know I am back in school and curious as to what the post education paycheck is going to get me.

Most economists I talk to are estimating that things will START to turn aorund SLOWLY in 18-24 months from now.

yesrej
10-23-2008, 11:33 AM
i hope it dont take that long but i think you are right.

phragle
10-23-2008, 01:17 PM
it my soun a little sadistic, but I am really hoping home prices etc stay flat untill then,, for when I get out of school.. nice 2 bedroom updated 2 story waterfront can be had right now in toledo for 95k....

bootdaddy
10-23-2008, 08:08 PM
it my soun a little sadistic, but I am really hoping home prices etc stay flat untill then,, for when I get out of school.. nice 2 bedroom updated 2 story waterfront can be had right now in toledo for 95k....

I doubt you will have to "hope" very hard. Smart people say about 2 1/2 years before the housing market bottoms...that translates into lower prices not the same as now...should be right in your wheelhouse!