PDA

View Full Version : Pantera Registry?

Dude! Sweet!
05-21-2009, 01:59 PM
A buddy of mine is involved in a project to track down, identify and validate all the old Eagle Indy cars and it got me to thinking that maybe it would be cool and useful for us Pantera guys to do something similar.

I thought maybe a Pantera registry of some sort that helps keep track of each of the boats, who owns them, how they're rigged, how they perform, any significant history, etc. Might be a good way to know the history on some of the race boats as well.

I'm pretty comp-u-tarded, so I don't know what kind of hassle this would be to do. Maybe its something that could be leveraged through this site, Panteras site, HORBA, or somewhere else?

Here's a nice (albeit somewhat over built) example of what I'm talking about...

http://thelolaregistry.com/

Buoy
05-21-2009, 05:41 PM
I see where you're going with this one.
Pantera's site has something kind of like this.

My boat doesn't have any known race history, but I'm in.

Sounds like you just volunteered yourself for a project Sean.
Seeing as aside from PP and JO you seem to know more about them than anybody here.

Dude! Sweet!
05-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Yah, something like the Pantera site. I'd be happy to set something up, but there's plenty of people who know a hell of a lot more about these boats than I do. I'm just loud, that doesn't make me smart... :D

Dude! Sweet!
05-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Maybe Rob and I can bounce some ideas off each other... That dude's got a computer full of Panteras!

Buoy
05-21-2009, 06:32 PM
I'll contribute in any way I can.

We can easily create some sort of registry right here, and have the thread "stickied", and if we want to change the format later...
Well, lets just say there are plenty more enhancements planned for this board, and I think this would be a good addition.
I'm sure some of the other Iconic brands would be interested in something similar.

Dude! Sweet!
05-21-2009, 07:04 PM
That's cool. Just got off the phone with my buddy who's doing the Eagle deal. He's going to send me what he's got, although his is probably a bit more black and white than we may want.

If we want to get names and contact info, we'll probably have to maintain that somewhere out of the public domain like the Lola guys do.

Buoy
05-21-2009, 07:23 PM
I think this can all be done.
I'm gonna have to look into a few things.

Dude! Sweet!
05-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Pepe, JO, what do you guys think about this?

Buoy
05-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Pepe, JO, what do you guys think about this?

We would most certainly want all the input they would be willing to contribute.

stormrider
05-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Original poster would have to continually update the 1st post w/ info.
BTW, it may seem like i have alot of pics on my PC, but i just keep posting the same ones over and over. :D

Buoy
05-22-2009, 04:57 PM
There might be other ways to go about it than the first post thing.
I'm looking into it.

Bobcat
05-22-2009, 06:45 PM
good idea ! this was the first pantera that I fell in lust with

dono
05-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Pantera has a current registry, it's kept in PePe's head. With that said, great idea fortunately since this has been a family owned business Jo and PePe pretty much know most of the ownership chains it seems, they gave me a full run down on my boat from what they new before I purchased. I noticed Cigarette has a couple of facebook pages. It would be nice to set a registry up by year model and owshership record as well as history of upgrades, restorationn dates. Just throwing it out there.

Dude! Sweet!
05-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Something like this maybe?

http://www.lesliefield.com/boats_teams/boats.htm

Dude! Sweet!
05-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Probably be easiest (and no offense but most intersting to me) to start with race boats...

dono
05-28-2009, 09:52 PM
You could probably set a facebook group up. Cigarette has several groups. Each owner set a profile up for each boat with photos and history and add to the group. Just a thought.

JO - PANTERABOAT
05-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Will try and help as much as I can.

JO

Buoy
05-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Appreciate that JO!

We all know, you know it better than anyone. Your Dad is getting older, and is probably forgetting some facts... Or embellishing them:sifone:

Just kidding Pepe, we all want to hear as much as you are willing to tell us.
You guys keep track of YOUR boats more than any other Co. I know of.
That's one of the reasons I wanted one of your hulls.

Dude! Sweet!
05-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Right on. Thanks Jo.

Dono, I've never been on that facebook thing. If there's a way to make it happen through that, I'm happy to do it.

I'm starting to mark up an excel spreadsheet. When it's a bit more "together", I'll pass it around for suggestions then shoot it down to the home office in Miami as well.

Tomas Wallin
05-29-2009, 06:34 AM
You could probably set a facebook group up. Cigarette has several groups. Each owner set a profile up for each boat with photos and history and add to the group. Just a thought.

That would be a reason for me to get a facebook profile

tomcei
05-29-2009, 09:06 PM
That would be a reason for me to get a facebook profile

and the "only reason"

Dude! Sweet!
05-29-2009, 11:25 PM
That and pretending your a 19 year old girl so you can pick up college girls who want to "experiment" with their camera phone I guess...

Otherwise, on a scale of 1 - 10, I'd have to say its Gay.

:D

Out There
05-31-2009, 10:18 PM
Might not be a good enough reason to mess with facebook. Is there not some other way......:sifone: