PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach Rum Run Race July 10th - 12th‏

shifter
05-21-2009, 01:00 PM
Less than 8 weeks to go for the next Popra race in Long Beach. Catalina Ski race on Saturday and Popra race on Sunday!!!!!!

Come and see if:

Team CRC can win 4 Straight.

Team AVR XP1-00 blows away Team In-The-Red SCL #16 (again)

Team platinum does the "long course".

Team Whos, Team Laveycraft, Team Pig Iron gain any new members to their exclusive club.

It is Long Beach to Catalina and back. Flat out, rough or calm.

You can enter to race at www.pacificoffshore.com or sit in the bar and talk about how fast your boat is.

pat W

Dude! Sweet!
05-21-2009, 07:21 PM
I'll be there as a spectator (unless BajaFresh needs some ballast!). I did bring home an old Pantera race boat last week, so I'm taking steps in the right direction... well, ok, taking steps in a direction... :D

shifter
05-23-2009, 01:15 AM
Come on Dude!!!!!

Slap that thing together and come and play..... Inboard or outboard?

We are trying to get a friends boat together needs a rewire and complete rig job. We have 7 weeks to get it done and tested. Possible. If not we run it in the next race.:26::26::26::26::26:

No excuses. If you need some help let us know.

pat W

Dude! Sweet!
05-23-2009, 01:31 AM
It's an IO. Single BBC (although I got me some ideas...). Thanks for the encouragement and support! Hopefully I'll do the rum Run in Al's BaJa and then we'll see where it goes from there.

shifter
06-21-2009, 12:15 AM
Dude,

Are you still coming to the race?

We have been running our smallblocks to death, not dead yet. 625 lbs with headers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPlIFB1n9_U

We have a race in Canada in August with the Hydroplanes. They are helping Popra come up there if you want to go.

pat W:driving::reddevil:

Dude! Sweet!
06-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Pat,

That's the plan. Gotta talk to Al. I'll be there either way. If I'm not racing, I'll be bobbing around in the OB boat.

What's the story with the hydros?

shifter
06-25-2009, 12:29 AM
2009 ABRA Schedule
Date Location Race
July 3-5 Madison, IN Madison Regatta
July 10-12 Detroit, MI Chrysler - Jeep Superstores Gold Cup
July 24-26 Tri-Cities, WA Tri-City Water Follies Lamb Weston Columbia Cup
Ju;y 31-Aug. 2 Seattle, WA Chevrolet Cup at Seafair
Aug. 8-9 Kelowna, BC Kelowna Exhibition
Aug. 21-23 Evansville, IN Thunder on the Ohio
Nov. 12-14 Doha, Qatar Oryx Cup World Championship

Dude,

The Aug 8-9 in Canada is the race after Long Beach. I still am hearing that the race in San Diego is still on minus the big hydro's that will be in Qatar.

It will be a long trip but they are supposed to help us get there and back.

pat W

Dude! Sweet!
06-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Sounds like Al's rig is down, so I'll be a specator (too busy to get much of anything done on the race boat). So if you need any unskilled assistance, give me a shout, I'll be around.

I've got something going on the 8th, so no way to head up to BC, but I'd like to try to have my stuff together for the Sept. race in SD if it's a go.

shifter
06-27-2009, 01:03 AM
Long Beach Rum Run

The Long Beach Rum Run is definatley on. The Race Packet will be posted soon. I have attached a link http://www.getzee.com/seafestival/hotels_powerfest.htm for one of the
hotel. Please make your reservations soon. The local hotels are filling up fast.

Also , if you are interested in racing the Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada race,
you MUST have attended atleast one of the two prior POPRA races in the 2009
season.

Schedule update

April 24th-26th Lake Havasu Grand Prix
(Confirmed)

July 9th-12th Long Beach Rum Run
(Confirmed)

August 7th-9th Kelowna, British Columbia
(Confirmed)

September 4th-6th Pittsburg Seafood Festival
(Tentative)

September 17th-20th San Diego Bayfair
(Confimred)

October TBA POPRA Nationals
(Tentative)

December 4th-6th Salton Sea Kilo's
(Confirmed)

If you haven't registered for
the 2009 Season yet,
please contact me
( troy@racinginthered.comThis email address is being protected from spam bots, you need Javascript enabled to view it )
if you have any questions.

Thanks for the support,

POPRA

Dude, according to the schedule above it is on.

You are more than welcome to come down...There is a street party on thursday nite on Pine st. They are closing the street,bands, monster truck, boats, ect.....We may need you to help wash Troy's boat if we loose.

pat W

Dude! Sweet!
07-09-2009, 01:23 AM
Pat,

Are you guys going to be on the water for the ski race as well?

shifter
07-09-2009, 03:15 AM
We are suopposed to test the new wheels Saturday.. They are finishing them up for us now at Throttle Up.

Vern and Andreas were out testing today in 6 footers running the platinum. I have not checked the forecast yet for the sea conditions. seems to be melowing from last week with the white caps in the harbor.

Weather is supposed to be clear and hot Saturday and Sunday, no morning fog like last year.

Tomorrow night is the street party on Pine street with the boats..

Let me know when you will be there.

pat W

Dude! Sweet!
07-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Ended up with some work jammed up my ass yesterday, so didn't make it over to LB. Going to be out watching the ski race in my buddy's Formula tomorrow and then rafted up with Sean Clancy (NuEra See Spot Run) I'd guess... Sunday we'll be out in my 24 Pantera with the egg beaters. We'll catch up with you over at the docks.

Good luck and kick ass bud!

shifter
07-11-2009, 02:51 AM
The race on Sunday is at 1130.

Gary Smith is going to pace the race on Sunday. I am supposed to go out to watch from the Pace Boat!!!! I have not figured out how to film and hold the green flag.

We will be down on the docks tomorrow and Sunday, see you there.

pat W:USA:

It has been a lot of fun so far. Street party with the 11 year old band that rocked, on into tonite.. :03:

shifter
07-11-2009, 02:58 AM
some more pics

I will post more this weekend.

pat W:reddevil:

ThrottleUp Props
07-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Any news today?

Julie

Dude! Sweet!
07-12-2009, 11:43 PM
From memory...

1. Bobitt
2. Jueve
3. Ford
4. Clancy

Lots of broken boats I'd guess. Didn't see Lick This or Pat come back from the Island. Vern came back late with helmets off. The other Extreme came back running but late. No other news as yet though.

Dude! Sweet!
07-13-2009, 12:51 AM
There was a fair amount of jockying in the spectator "fleet" so if I misqualified someone, I apologize.

I think the old Music Giants boat came in 5th or 6th OA which seemed pretty solid for a P4 boat.

shifter
07-13-2009, 02:38 AM
#53 bobbit 53 min and change.
#16 In the Rear... was leading at the gate and lost steering
#69 Ragamuffin 3rd
out of control (ski raceboat)

I need to look at the video that I took for the complete rundown.

Thanks to Gary Smith for supporting the event by being start boat and giving me a ride with Scott from Propra. I did some filming and pics but I am done... pics tomorrow.

XP1-00 was running down In the Rear I mean Red ... and lost a water pump (GM) circulation pump at the island had to idle home 26 miles....... long day. Tough to go out with that the boat was running awsome. They had a bad start and were making up ground.

Lick This lead and lost a prop at the island.

Socco in #43 Second Chance had the lead and ran out of fuel.

Whos racing ran P2 and got second. Great to see them back after the first race roll. He should have run P1, he would have won.

Coyote won p4

v8 lost a 525 motor at the island.

Brad Johnson launched testing and blew a water line almost sinking the boat in testing. Worked hard took the start but water related gremlins took him out.

platinum launched and came down hard and shot Vern (Gilligan) to the back seat. They stopped after.

It was ROUGH. easy 6 foot and mixed.

13 boats not bad for the West coast. Lots of no shows...

There were more shenanigans that I will post later... Lots of fun this weekend

Troy did a great job getting the race off the ground against all odds. No daisy dukes yet since there is 1 for 1 on wins.

Canada is next up lots of turns.......

All 4 Weismann Marine boats (In the rear... Red, Team AVR Xp1-00, platinum, and whoos racing) did well this weekend. No problems just racing.

Good job to everyone.

Thanks Dude for posting earlier...awards dinner etc... will post more pis in morning.

pat W

Dude! Sweet!
07-13-2009, 10:48 AM
Pat was the old Music Giants boat not running P4 or did they break out? I seem to remember Coyote coming in much later. Coyote is a great looking boat and man does that motor sound CRISPY!

Brad Johnson was in the P5 Formula (flag graphics) right? We saw them run over to take the start but then saw them bobbing around with us to watch the finish.

Glad there were no major problems for anyone. We watched the start from just outside the gate and noticed that one of the cop boats and one of the life guard boats took off hot shortly after the start so I did have a bit of concern that someone got into trouble.

Dude! Sweet!
07-13-2009, 10:50 AM
And also some really nice Ski Race photos here on this site...

http://riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20992

Thanks for the update Pat. Sorry we didn't hook up. I had a work emergency this weekend and the three hours or so I got out in the boats each day was about all the fun I got to have.

shifter
07-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Brad was running the old music giants boat.

I was bobbing around out there with Gary Smith (alien) saw Bob Leach and Tony in the eliminator 43 diesel. Were you in one of the Scope boats?

pat W

Dude! Sweet!
07-13-2009, 07:30 PM
Yup, out in the work boat. This one... (New and improved with REAL CF numbers instead of FL numbers!)

You may not have seen us because we where hiding behind a cloud of blue smoke! :D

You guys were on the opposite side of the channel most of the time. Man I love that diesel Scarab!

Dude! Sweet!
07-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Who was in that P5 Scarab with the flag paint and the blazing dry pipes? I feel like I know him, but I'm not putting 2+2 together...

Dude! Sweet!
07-13-2009, 07:47 PM
Hopefully next year this old boy will be out there playing with you guys...

Dude! Sweet!
07-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Here we go, pictures of stuff people actually want to see...

Dude! Sweet!
07-13-2009, 08:03 PM
:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
07-13-2009, 08:04 PM
My buddy got a really nice shot of the stack on the Queen Mary, but someone had to ruin it by driving their boat in front of it... :D

And then there was they guy who was nice enough to push that sail boat in... must have been Doug Henning because he was pushing with a rope. :26:

RACESDAD
07-14-2009, 01:56 AM
congrats troy and the mexican

RACESDAD
07-14-2009, 01:56 AM
perfect name too for those 2

Dude! Sweet!
07-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Some nice ski race video from the turn in Avalon.

http://www.ecatalina.com/ski-race-2009-video.html