PDA

View Full Version : 2011 SuperDuty

05-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Just found this rendition based off of spy photos. I really like it and would hope they could come close to it although they have a long history of not getting the production model close to their show trucks etc. I loved the Tonka truck and hate the Superchief. Heck I would be happy if they stack the headlights the right way on the current model.:rolleyes:

Chris
05-20-2009, 06:40 AM
It looks like there's a good possibility that your ONLY choice in a HD pickup is going to be Ford. All Chevrobama is going to be producing is roller-skate sized hybrids.

Quinlan
05-20-2009, 07:38 AM
Heck I would be happy if they stack the headlights the right way on the current model.:rolleyes:

My opinion exactlly!

05-20-2009, 02:30 PM
My opinion exactlly!

I read that they did it the current way to keep from having the headlights blind all the Prius drivers out there. :rolleyes:

05-20-2009, 02:31 PM
It looks like there's a good possibility that your ONLY choice in a HD pickup is going to be Ford. All Chevrobama is going to be producing is roller-skate sized hybrids.

They are my only choice anyway, being a diehard and all. :sifone:

MattBMiller
05-21-2009, 10:58 PM
I read that they did it the current way to keep from having the headlights blind all the Prius drivers out there. :rolleyes:

Yep.

carter38
05-21-2009, 10:59 PM
That is sick!

stecz20
05-21-2009, 11:00 PM
go ford...

05-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Yep.

One more reason to hate Prius's or is it Prii' ? :sifone:

Oh wait, I love those little pieces of crap as they are saving fuel for us to use at our leisure. :26:

Dude! Sweet!
05-22-2009, 01:22 AM
My F250 is the first Ford I've owned since I had a trashed '78 Bronco back in college. I freaking love the truck. I'd be VERY hard pressed to buy another Chevy truck again (I've probably owned 10 of 'em)...

MattBMiller
05-22-2009, 02:27 AM
One more reason to hate Prius's or is it Prii' ? :sifone:

Oh wait, I love those little pieces of crap as they are saving fuel for us to use at our leisure. :26:

A lift kit will get your low beams back at eye level for Priuses!:03:

Chris
05-22-2009, 08:57 AM
I've never been a brand snob. I don't care what it says on the fender as long as it's the best tool for the job (and isn't Asian).

I've been tinkering with my first HP Ford engine in about 30 years. I'm beginning to believe that people stuck on the GM platform are downright myopic. There's a learning curve, but once you're past it, the platform has some superior features.

Someone on here found this out a while back- I can't remember who...... ;)

Ratickle
05-22-2009, 09:01 AM
I've never been a brand snob. I don't care what it says on the fender as long as it's the best tool for the job (and isn't Asian).

I've been tinkering with my first HP Ford engine in about 30 years. I'm beginning to believe that people stuck on the GM platform are downright myopic. There's a learning curve, but once you're past it, the platform has some superior features.

I'm a GM guy. The biggest problem I've had with Fords, the money difference it takes for the same amount of HP. Now, having said that, unless Chevy changes their 2500/3500, looks like my next tow vehicle will be a Ford. Capacity ratings are no where close on the two anymore for towing.

05-23-2009, 01:02 AM

Whatcha buildin? :sifone:

05-23-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm a GM guy. The biggest problem I've had with Fords, the money difference it takes for the same amount of HP..

That used to be the case but really isn't any longer. All the custom rod,piston pan, cam builders charge pretty much the same.

Blocks and heads are very abundant for all the myriad of platform choices. SB, BB, Modular overhead cam motors etc,

Just built a couple of EFI units with Kinsler. Same cost as for a BB Chev.