PDA

View Full Version : Resin adhesion to gelcoat

Tony
05-19-2009, 07:23 AM
I have to move one of my hatch ribs becase of engine clearance issues. From the looks of it, when the hatch was built they broomed on a half inch of gelcoat. Can I re glass the rib directly to the gelcoat, or do I need to keep grinding until I get down to the bare glass?

Steve 1
05-19-2009, 10:23 AM
You need to grind untill you expose the laminate, that is where you want your glass everything else is just going along for the ride.

Offshore Ginger
05-19-2009, 09:17 PM
You need to grind untill you expose the laminate, that is where you want your glass everything else is just going along for the ride. I agree with Steve and Steve how have you been you old goat roper?:26:

Geronimo36
05-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Get a flap disk for the grinding, it'll burn off that gelcoat in minutes time! :)

Steve 1
05-21-2009, 01:11 PM
I agree with Steve and Steve how have you been you old goat roper?:26:

Good So far and Yourself?

Offshore Ginger
05-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Good So far and Yourself? Great ,with the exceptoin of having my head and being on my knee's buried in a gas tank replacement for a 32 Skater :rofl::rofl: . Steve happy holiday , take care and you need to drop in more often .:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Steve 1
05-22-2009, 12:32 PM
Great ,with the exceptoin of having my head and being on my knee's buried in a gas tank replacement for a 32 Skater :rofl::rofl: . Steve happy holiday , take care and you need to drop in more often .:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Will Do . Have a happy and safe holiday.

Sk8er
05-27-2009, 10:11 PM
Great ,with the exceptoin of having my head and being on my knee's buried in a gas tank replacement for a 32 Skater :rofl::rofl: . Steve happy holiday , take care and you need to drop in more often .:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
I'd like to get more info on the fuel tank work on the 32 Skater............. I have a '94 and expect that it will be an issue in the near fture that needs to be taken care of. How do you know when it's time?!? Still nothing obvious in the filters............