PDA

View Full Version : 03 Silverado brake harness

Tony
05-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Does anyone know if the 03's had a plug in harness somewhere for an electric brake control?

Geronimo36
05-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Yes, I believe they do. I'm pretty sure the brake controller wire pigtail was a seperate item provided in the glove boax on the 03 models, I have one in my glovebox on my 2001 burban. Pretty sure the plug is located on the drivers side under the dash and near your left foot. If you no longer have the pig tail you can get it from GM.

Geronimo36
05-18-2009, 03:06 PM
I found the wiring harness part number online; http://www.gmpartszone.com/PD-15085418.aspx?MakeID=12

Knot 4 Me
05-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes, I believe they do. I'm pretty sure the brake controller wire pigtail was a seperate item provided in the glove boax on the 03 models, I have one in my glovebox on my 2001 burban. Pretty sure the plug is located on the drivers side under the dash and near your left foot. If you no longer have the pig tail you can get it from GM.Correct on the location of the plug. I didn't use the GM pigtail though when I hooked up my Prodigy. Instead I used one of their custom plug and play harnessess. Speaking of which, I should put both that controller and harness in the For Sale section as they are just collecting dust now.