PDA

View Full Version : Pantera on the loose.

Buoy
05-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Rumor has it that there is a Pantera from Tennessee, that is prowling across the southwest as I speak.
Be on the lookout.:sifone:

tomcei
05-16-2009, 08:19 PM
there is. and i saw the pic to prove it

duunoit
05-16-2009, 09:48 PM
I-40 is infested with them...

Buoy
05-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I-40 is infested with them...

I should add a picture of mine.:sifone:
Must be a migration thing going on.
I also saw a picture to confirm.
We're invading the West.:26:

phragle
05-16-2009, 11:49 PM
I just want to see your reaction when you discover glamis on a holiday weekend this winter.......

stormrider
05-17-2009, 12:14 AM
let the games begin.

LittleDcsRodShop
05-17-2009, 01:47 AM
Seems like I've seen these guys around too..

Dude! Sweet!
05-18-2009, 05:00 PM
I hear certain big cats are migratory animals, although outdrives don't seem to travel much... :D

Dude! Sweet!
05-18-2009, 05:01 PM
And man, am I ever tired!

For the record, Chris (Du-u-no-it) is the man. Great freaking dude and a credit to the Family.

duunoit
05-18-2009, 10:09 PM
That means alot to me, really.

I couldn't have asked for a better transaction within the brotherhood.

My wife keeps saying, "I love Sean's hair"...

And John, thanks again for all the transportation help, we couldn't have done this without you.

Dude! Sweet!
05-18-2009, 10:28 PM

And John, thanks again for all the transportation help, we couldn't have done this without you.

I'll mail it to you when I shave it all off in a couple of weeks! :D

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 05:02 PM
OK so we should probably make it perfectly clear at this point...

Duunoit and I traded boats. Kinky, I know... but definately put us boat where we wanted to be as far as our boat situation went. Chris now has a nice clean 28 that he can enjoy on the Tennessee River with his family, I have a 24 that I can use like one of Zissou's zodiacs including fishin', family boating and drinkin' AND I finally have a 28 race boat. I'm happy as a pig in sh*t and I expect that Chris feels the same way. Pictures and funny stories to follow. :D

Buoy
05-19-2009, 05:08 PM
the "cat's" out of the bag finally.:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Here's a couple of shots.

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Yup! :D

Two Panteras on the tennis court at the Radisson in Memphis TN. Yee-haw!

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 05:13 PM
And the 24.

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 05:19 PM
I flew out to Knoxville TN Wednesday before last to check out both boats. Took a spin in the TN River in each. It was an awesome day and Chris showed me exceptional hospitality. I also got to hang out with Little DC Scotty for a bite of dinner and a couple of beers.

We agreed to do the deal and Chris brought the 24 out to Phoenix Friday before last. We met up at Bouy's house. Tim should us a good time in Tempe! :D

On Wed last week SDR John (of Pink Flamigo fame) left my house with my 28 and my F250 headed for Memphis, where we'd planned to meet up with Chris on Friday afternoon. Chris towed his 28 from Knoxville to Memphis to meet us. I flew out on Friday morning to meet them in Memphis. John had a couple of trailer related hold ups during the trip and ended up over a full day behind schedule, but manned up like nobody's business and was able to make Memphis by 3am Saturday morning. We met up with Chris, shook hands, swapped trailers and were back on the road headed west by 11am Saturday.

This whole thing was a really cool experience and highlights what a great bunch of guys share the pleasure of owning Panteras with us... Chris, Scotty and Tim were all guys I felt like I grew up with. A great bunch of dudes.

And as Chris said, this never could have happened without John's help. That dude is the man!! :D

Buoy
05-19-2009, 05:30 PM
This whole thing was a really cool experience and highlights what a great bunch of guys share the pleasure of owning Panteras with us... Chris, Scotty and Tim were all guys I felt like I grew up with. A great bunch of dudes.

Felt the same way here, bud.
Glad we were able to offer a meeting place here at the doublewide.

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 05:37 PM
I've been de-notched! :D

Uncle Dave
05-19-2009, 05:42 PM
I just want to see your reaction when you discover glamis on a holiday weekend this winter.......

Just sent Buoy & Dude Sweet a mail to that effect........

My buds from Canada nearly shat themselves at olds hill this first time.

UD

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Just sent Buoy & Dude Sweet a mail to that effect........

My buds from Canada nearly shat themselves at olds hill this first time.

UD

Most of my time in the desert has been spent up at Willow Springs. I'd love to get out and check out Glamis and Dumont some time.

My wife's dad is LA City Fire, so you can imagine that she's been out there playing with the toys for most of her childhood. The old boy used to run a Triumph TT500 in desert scrambles...

Wait a minute! I don't have any room in my garage for a CRF450!!! :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Like I said, just a couple of minor trailer issues though... :D

Buoy
05-19-2009, 06:09 PM
Like I said, just a couple of minor trailer issues though... :D

What's the story here?

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Bearing buddy fell off and fried the bearing. It was 5:05 pm so all the shops were closed... My Boat US vessel assist hooked me up with "towing" which was pretty bad ass! :D

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 06:20 PM
At that point we said, hey lets have them check the rest and slap some new tires on the gig. Chris had done the same for me... it was the least could do! :D

duunoit
05-19-2009, 07:18 PM
Yup! :D

Two Panteras on the tennis court at the Radisson in Memphis TN. Yee-haw!

You know, I never realized that that was a tennis court.

This story just goes to show you that there is an @$$ for every bolster.

Without a doubt, Sean is the most easy going guy you could deal with.

tomcei
05-19-2009, 07:39 PM
man O man, I can see my wife's head turn around on its axis (exorcist style).
if i came home with 2 boats

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 07:52 PM
You mean like a jet boat and a 28 Pantera? :D

tomcei
05-19-2009, 09:17 PM
You mean like a jet boat and a 28 Pantera? :D

oh, okay,...... I forgot about that.:banghead::huh:

PS. the "trailer failure" is one of those things that is always in the back of my mind on a long haul. Glad it worked out, looked like a serious deal.

Buoy
05-19-2009, 09:49 PM
man O man, I can see my wife's head turn around on its axis (exorcist style).
if i came home with 2 boats

I think my wife has just filed this as an occurrence as something that is inevitable, it's only a matter of time and funding.

duunoit
05-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Glad to help you out.

stormrider
05-19-2009, 09:55 PM
Congrats to both of you!
Sean, did yours travel w/ power?
Or did you guys keep your own?

Dude! Sweet!
05-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Kept our own headaches, er motors and drives. I like Chris too much give him my motor. :D

duunoit
05-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Kept our own headaches, er motors and drives. I like Chris too much give him my motor. :D

Same here

LittleDcsRodShop
05-20-2009, 06:10 PM

Chris thats only b/c you don't have any hair !! :troll:

All jokes aside I will second what both of you have said !!

LittleDcsRodShop
05-20-2009, 06:24 PM
One of the best things I got out of the entire experiance is the fact that about 5 minuets ago I finally figured out what Chris' username ment... I thought you were just tapping into your German roots or something...
NO-I-DIDN'T-KNOW-IT

Hey public school was free !!!!

Chris got your email & thanks !! & Really don't kill yourself to get those sent off any certain time & let me know if you need anything !!

Dude! Sweet!
05-20-2009, 07:15 PM
oh, okay,...... I forgot about that.:banghead::huh:

PS. the "trailer failure" is one of those things that is always in the back of my mind on a long haul. Glad it worked out, looked like a serious deal.

The trailer failure was a pain, it took about 4 - 5 hours to fix, but could have been worse... could have been a truck failure. The trailer parts are pretty standard. Imagine if my truck had blown a turbo in Arkansas? :sifone:

Mikeb4
05-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Wow! you've been busy Dude! ... I fall away from the boards for a week and look at all I miss! :ack2:

Congrats! this is awesome ... we get to see a couple more re-rigging's!!!

Sorry about the trailer .... I blew a third axle towing my 28 Cig home from Florida ... totally sucked 7 PM on a Sunday night.

Let's see the progress on the new rig's !!:lurk5:

Dude! Sweet!
05-21-2009, 01:31 AM
Once I get going on them, I'll start a new thread for each. The 24 is mostly going to be point and shoot, but there's some little things I'd like to do (sitdowns, rubber floor, new rear seat cushions, cabin tune up).

The 28, I'm going to finish prepping it to race but probably won't start messing with it until fall after I'm done with the 24. Ultimately, I'd really like to do the boat as a staggered small block boat with bravos. Maybe a pair of "mild" 600hp LSXs or SB2 motors. But I'm torn on whether I should getting running as is for now and make that move later, or just go for it, knowing that the boat will be down for a while if I go that route... We'll see. Both of them are really cool boats.

The 24 is actually the old Bad Temper race boat (according to Pepe) which was run a bit before the owner stepped up to the Bad Temper 28 with tripples.

Dude! Sweet!
05-21-2009, 01:41 AM
And Mike, it's nice to see you over here! :D

Dude! Sweet!
05-21-2009, 01:43 AM
One of the best things I got out of the entire experiance is the fact that about 5 minuets ago I finally figured out what Chris' username ment... I thought you were just tapping into your German roots or something...
NO-I-DIDN'T-KNOW-IT

Hey public school was free !!!!

Chris got your email & thanks !! & Really don't kill yourself to get those sent off any certain time & let me know if you need anything !!

I always thought he was a cajun and it was some french thing... Tim asked him at dinner. And now, you know the rest of the story!:26:

duunoit
05-21-2009, 06:39 AM
glad I could provide a little more confusion :D