PDA

View Full Version : gm & dodge merger ???

open72
10-30-2008, 11:03 AM
:huh:

how will that work ???

Sea-Dated
10-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Diamler Motors
General Diamler

Not sure how well that would go over...

cigdaze
10-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Could you imagine?....What would all those people do with the calvin pizzing stickers?
:rolleyes:

fund razor
10-30-2008, 11:33 AM
Intermingled Brands?

cigdaze
10-30-2008, 11:53 AM
I do see one positive. A truck with a Cummins diesel and an Alison tranny would be sweet.

open72
10-30-2008, 04:45 PM
how many more jobs will be lost..

Geronimo36
10-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Intermingled Brands?

They already have it;

GM = Chevy, GMC, Saab, Buick, Cadillac, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn...

Tony
10-30-2008, 05:45 PM
I do see one positive. A truck with a Cummins diesel and an Alison tranny would be sweet.

Ive been talking about that for years.:cool:

scottc
10-30-2008, 08:03 PM
I do see one positive. A truck with a Cummins diesel and an Alison tranny would be sweet

Wonder what that would look like a Dodge or Chevy

Expensive Date
10-30-2008, 08:34 PM
What I am hearing from friends that have dealerships is that it is going to happen.GM may sell off some of the brands to Nissan and keep what they want.

Airpacker
10-30-2008, 09:22 PM
GM has put AC Delco on he block in order to raise capitol to purchase chrysler. A friend who is a tier one supplier thinks GM's plan is to close several older facilities and move production into some of the newer "flex" plants that Chrysler has poured billions into in the last few years. Thousands of jobs will go BYE BYE. The dodge trucks will be hisory along with most of the chrysler car lines.

Wardey
10-30-2008, 10:25 PM
Hmmmmm....Wonder how this will effect my GM stock???? I mean it's doing soooo good right now.:banghead::D

BY U BOY
10-30-2008, 10:26 PM
GM has put AC Delco on he block in order to raise capitol to purchase chrysler. A friend who is a tier one supplier thinks GM's plan is to close several older facilities and move production into some of the newer "flex" plants that Chrysler has poured billions into in the last few years. Thousands of jobs will go BYE BYE. The dodge trucks will be hisory along with most of the chrysler car lines.

Do you really think the Rams will go away?that would be a dumb move on GM's part if they did. I hope not and no offense to you Chevy die hards but Dodge has the best looking truck on the street. The 09 Ram is phuckin sweet.

Expensive Date
10-30-2008, 10:34 PM

Not what I am hearing the truck plants are in Mexico and will be keep open.Many others Will close.What I was told is the are giving up there remaining holdings in GMAC 49% as part of the deal with Chrysler

yesrej
10-31-2008, 01:46 AM
Thousands of jobs will go BYE BYE. [/QUOTE]

i have a friend that is very high up in chrysler. he will be 55 in feb. and are talking "package" to get him out now. hes been talkin merge fro almost a year.

yesrej
10-31-2008, 01:47 AM
The 09 Ram is phuckin sweet.[/QUOTE]

yes it is.

macjazzy
10-31-2008, 07:50 AM
Two people drowning, grab a hold of eachother. Do they sink or swim? They sink. This merger is a bad idea for both of them.

Airpacker
10-31-2008, 08:02 AM
Two people drowning, grab a hold of eachother. Do they sink or swim? They sink. This merger is a bad idea for both of them.

Not really. GM will not "merge" with Chrysler. They will buy it out.
GM gets the billions in cash that Chrysler has, modern assembly lines ( read automated).
GM will be able to cut workforce numbers.
GM will benefit by reducing competition for truck( read biggest profit margin vehicles ) sales.

Doesn't look that bad for GM on paper at least.

Cash Bar
10-31-2008, 11:43 AM
Wonder what that would look like a Dodge or Chevy

A Tundra. :rofl: