PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Need Sponsorship Help?

Moving2Miami
05-15-2009, 03:41 PM
I posted this on the "other" site, and a few friends over there suggested that I also post it here, as well...

I just thought I'd put it out there if anyone needs a hand...

I have been in Sports Marketing (specifically, Motorsports) for about 8 years and have lots of experience creating motorsports programs, objectives, and activations...Of course, to do this, I have done a bunch of proposals!

If you are interested, I'd help you devekop a list of targets, create a full activation program to propose them, show you the "rght" way to approach them, and a complete presentation for you to use...I MIGHT even be willing to help you pitch at a meeting, too..(experience brings credibility").

With CBS agreeing to this time-buy with SBI, now is the time to make it or break it...

I have done deals in ARCA, NASCAR, ChampCar (now defunct), and have had 6 cars in the Indy 500 since 2000...

If I can be of any help, let me know! I just have some extra time over the next month or so, and I'd be quite reasonable with my cost because I know a lot of you guys do this as a hobby, and I happen to love it...! Just have some time to help 3-4 guys...

If you need a hand, just PM me!

J

Moving2Miami
05-20-2009, 11:44 PM
WOW! So I guess my offer help some of you fell on deaf ears because you are all sponsored up for 2009 and beyond! That's awsome! What was I thinking that you might need professional help...?

Congradulations, guys! Glad to hear the sport is alive & healthy! Maybe you guys can teach ME how to do this...lol

Geez....LMAO!:sifone:

fund razor
05-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Welcome to Serious Offshore. Thank you for posting something that you felt would be helpful. Perhaps it was helpful for somebody.

But when you say "maybe you guys can teach ME how to do this" it makes me think that perhaps you had some expectations regarding your post that weren't met.

Perhaps we can help you. Perhaps we already know you and your connections? Tell us which market that you live in, and what hardware you are running, as well as some of the poker runs or races that you have participated, and we can help you start to build the network that you obviously seek, by putting you in contact with the people most active, and most near you.

Here is my marketing tip for the day: When you do not immediately receive the response that you expect, check your expectation against the culture of the target client, then adjust your approach before you resort to a thinly veiled faux compliment which is actually a sarcastic reaction to your disappointment.
A second tip for you:
The next time that you go fishing and no fish bite.... don't assume that the fish are on a hunger strike. ;) Check your bait.

And no, we are not deaf. Several of us have discussed this thread in detail, a discussion that yeilded a great deal of practical, high level sponsorship information.

Again, welcome to this extremely close knit offshore community. Speaking for myself, I look forward to learning more about you and your involvement with our sport. You will meet some really amazing people who represent the history and future of our sport. Some are young, some are old. Some include a very special group of people who we consider the founders of our sport. You will recognize these special folks by their "Icon" status. Many members here have a wealth of professional experience which has provided them the means to participate, and many who have successfully secured sponsorships at all levels. Until you understand your audience, try to insult them as little as possible. :)

cigdaze
05-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Is is John or Jay?...
Ever spend any time in Vegas?...

cigdaze
05-21-2009, 08:20 AM
WOW! So I guess my offer help some of you fell on deaf ears because you are all sponsored up for 2009 and beyond! That's awsome! What was I thinking that you might need professional help...?

Congradulations, guys! Glad to hear the sport is alive & healthy! Maybe you guys can teach ME how to do this...lol

Geez....LMAO!:sifone:

Not going to make many friends around here with posts like that.
I'm beginning to wonder if you're here to help us, or if we're here to help you?

Moving2Miami
05-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Welcome to Serious Offshore. Thank you for posting something that you felt would be helpful. Perhaps it was helpful for somebody.

But when you say "maybe you guys can teach ME how to do this" it makes me think that perhaps you had some expectations regarding your post that weren't met.

Perhaps we can help you. Perhaps we already know you and your connections? Tell us which market that you live in, and what hardware you are running, as well as some of the poker runs or races that you have participated, and we can help you start to build the network that you obviously seek, by putting you in contact with the people most active, and most near you.

Here is my marketing tip for the day: When you do not immediately receive the response that you expect, check your expectation against the culture of the target client, then adjust your approach before you resort to a thinly veiled faux compliment which is actually a sarcastic reaction to your disappointment.
A second tip for you:
The next time that you go fishing and no fish bite.... don't assume that the fish are on a hunger strike. ;) Check your bait.

And no, we are not deaf. Several of us have discussed this thread in detail, a discussion that yeilded a great deal of practical, high level sponsorship information.

Again, welcome to this extremely close knit offshore community. Speaking for myself, I look forward to learning more about you and your involvement with our sport. You will meet some really amazing people who represent the history and future of our sport. Some are young, some are old. Some include a very special group of people who we consider the founders of our sport. You will recognize these special folks by their "Icon" status. Many members here have a wealth of professional experience which has provided them the means to participate, and many who have successfully secured sponsorships at all levels. Until you understand your audience, try to insult them as little as possible. :)

It was a toungue and cheek statement...Meant as something to get a laugh, not as an insult....You guys are pretty sensitive...lol

It was certainly not meant to offend anyone, and if it did, I apologize for that...

That being said, I was only willing to help, but if it is not needed here, thats cool too! No harm, no foul....

I won't post anymore sponsorship advice...From now on, we can just talk about these fun toys!

cigdaze
05-21-2009, 02:45 PM
We're not at all sensitive, Jay. We simply do our due diligence; especially when someone arrives purporting to be here to help.

P.S.
You're website's down.

fund razor
05-21-2009, 03:19 PM
It was a toungue and cheek statement...Meant as something to get a laugh, not as an insult....You guys are pretty sensitive...lol

It was certainly not meant to offend anyone, and if it did, I apologize for that...

That being said, I was only willing to help, but if it is not needed here, thats cool too! No harm, no foul....

My response was not sensitive, nor was I offended.

You seemed to beg for an explanation of why your intellectual capital was not creating a run on your knowledge bank. :)

DollaBill
05-21-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm phuking sensitive and don't trust anyone. How's that. I look forward to your advice after you've contributed for a few years, got to know all of this tight knit community and prove you're not trolling or going to be the next Big Scotty or Hionis (if you happen to know who they were).

I know. I know. I have to learn just say how I feel :)

Buoy
05-21-2009, 03:57 PM
I'm phuking sensitive and don't trust anyone. How's that. I look forward to your advice after you've contributed for a few years, got to know all of this tight knit community and prove you're not trolling or going to be the next Big Scotty or Hionis (if you happen to know who they were).

I know. I know. I have to learn just say how I feel :)

So what are you trying to say, Bill?:)

Moving2Miami
05-21-2009, 04:04 PM
We're not at all sensitive, Jay. We simply do our due diligence; especially when someone arrives purporting to be here to help.

P.S.
You're website's down.

I never claimed to have a website, Cig...Not for this, anyway...

cigdaze
05-21-2009, 04:13 PM
I know.

Moving2Miami
05-21-2009, 04:16 PM
I know.

So explain the comment about my website being down? Not sure I follow you...

DollaBill
05-21-2009, 04:23 PM
you're wasting your breath Nick.

Buoy
05-21-2009, 04:27 PM

I know.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok crap, I just spit a mouthful of water at the monitor...

DollaBill
05-21-2009, 05:18 PM
This guy just doesnt get it. Read the newer thread on landing a sponsor even in these difficult times. have you heard about the guy the guy that couldnt get laid in a *****house with a fistfull of hundreds? Bingo!

fund razor
05-21-2009, 06:46 PM
Hey John,

I am going to watch Indy this weekend. It would be fun to root for the Indy teams that you secured sponsorships for.I have no connections to any Indy teams so that would be fun. Please let me know which ones that are your teams. Plus, I am interested in investing in telemarketing. Any info about that would also be good.

fund