PDA

View Full Version : "Shockwave" Mirage

Dude! Sweet!
05-14-2009, 02:25 AM
Anyone have any pictures of the Mirage "Shockwave"? Especially under hatch photos? I'm assuming the boat ran staggered small blocks. Anyone know the boat and want to tell the story? Thanks!

Fast Shafts
05-14-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm sure Sharkey will pipe in-he raced it with Rich.

TGC-32
05-14-2009, 10:47 AM
Wasn't that the old "Finish Line"?

BUGSY
05-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Wasn't the finish line

h2oMag
05-14-2009, 12:04 PM
In the begining this Mirage was the Li'l RHINO from Lake St Clair raced by the late Ken Black.

Dude! Sweet!
05-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Wow Ford power. As if you can't spend enough money in offshore as it is... :D Anyone ever run Chrysler power in offshore?

I was asking about the bilge shots and stuff because I've been thinking (aka "fantasizing") about doing a staggered twin small block set up in a race Pantera. I wanted to see if others had run something similar and what it looked like. I'm guessing this is one of a few small boats (26' - 30') that run staggered motors.

smokeybandit
05-14-2009, 01:27 PM
The answer to the Chrysler question is yes. The first Systems boat was Chrysler powered.

stormrider
05-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Hydra has done a single 30(ish)ft w/ mopar power.

BTW, sean... you looking to beat me at building a 28 twin-sbc?
Maybe talk to Jo about a race full stagger, and a pleasure short stagger together for the Miami show(2012? ;))
Buy one get one 1/2 off?... and of course, mine would be the one half off! :D

stormrider
05-14-2009, 02:51 PM
In the begining this Mirage was the Li'l RHINO from Lake St Clair raced by the late Ken Black.

You saying Shockwave was Lil Rhino?

Dude! Sweet!
05-14-2009, 02:59 PM

BTW, sean... you looking to beat me at building a 28 twin-sbc?
Maybe talk to Jo about a race full stagger, and a pleasure short stagger together for the Miami show(2012? ;))
Buy one get one 1/2 off?... and of course, mine would be the one half off! :D

2012 sounds about right... :)

Got some ideas, a lot of ins and outs and what have yous... a lot of threads running around in old duder's head... :sifone:

Hauling Trash
05-14-2009, 06:54 PM
I think Rich T told me that he sold the boat the someone in CT , He call it `aftershock`

Lee
05-14-2009, 07:36 PM

I thought that Kurt Berger originally bought it from Ken Black.

lucky strike
05-14-2009, 08:10 PM
I think a guy from Toms River...... Joe Sangiovanni (sp?) got it from The Blacks

h2oMag
05-14-2009, 10:56 PM

From the info found on the other offshore site, this was stated back in Feb 09.

. [Actually, I think it was "Finish Line" first, then became "Shockwave" when the Finish Line guys bought a Chris-Cat] ??????????

h2oMag
05-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Wow Ford power. As if you can't spend enough money in offshore as it is... :D Anyone ever run Chrysler power in offshore?

I was asking about the bilge shots and stuff because I've been thinking (aka "fantasizing") about doing a staggered twin small block set up in a race Pantera. I wanted to see if others had run something similar and what it looked like. I'm guessing this is one of a few small boats (26' - 30') that run staggered motors.

The RHINO's engine builder was Ford's, Jack Roush.

TGC-32
05-14-2009, 11:13 PM
From the info found on the other offshore site, this was stated back in Feb 09.

. [Actually, I think it was "Finish Line" first, then became "Shockwave" when the Finish Line guys bought a Chris-Cat] ??????????

I thought it was "Finish Line". I think Rich only raced it for a year or so before he bought the Hustler. Sharkey should know the real scoop.

h2oMag
05-14-2009, 11:48 PM
I thought that Kurt Berger originally bought it from Ken Black.

Ken sold the Mirage to Jerry Girschner [Blue Max] when they sold her and kept the Roush Ford powertrain for there new Active cat. After that she went out to the east coast.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
10-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Better late thean never .... :sifone:

Here is the SHOCK WAVE boats in the order they ran:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/p169524839

Rich got the boat from Finish Line. Ran it a few years and then the Hustler came. After the Hustler came the Fountain which is now On The Chip. Rich bought the Zenetix Fountain after that I believe and ran that under Rio Roses.

You will find an engine compartment shot in there without the engines. You will see how it was set up as a staggered boat.

SHARKEY-IMAGES
10-19-2009, 12:55 AM

That would be this one:

http://sharkeyimages.zenfolio.com/32hydra

Bobcat
10-19-2009, 08:37 AM

in 2006 Velocity built a 29' with a single chrysler hemi

DAREDEVIL
10-19-2009, 08:45 AM
better late thean never .... :sifone:

Here is the shock wave boats in the order they ran:

rich got the boat from finish line. Ran it a few years and then the hustler came. After the hustler came the fountain which is now on the chip. Rich bought the zenetix fountain after that i believe and ran that under rio roses.

You will find an engine compartment shot in there without the engines. You will see how it was set up as a staggered boat.

cool :usa:

JERSEY DEVIL
10-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Better late thean never .... :sifone:

Here is the SHOCK WAVE boats in the order they ran:

Rich got the boat from Finish Line. Ran it a few years and then the Hustler came. After the Hustler came the Fountain which is now On The Chip. Rich bought the Zenetix Fountain after that I believe and ran that under Rio Roses.

You will find an engine compartment shot in there without the engines. You will see how it was set up as a staggered boat. tim does stan still have the boat sitting somewhere

SHARKEY-IMAGES
10-19-2009, 09:10 PM
tim does stan still have the boat sitting somewhere I think so. I haven't heard of him selling it...

SHARKEY-IMAGES
10-19-2009, 09:13 PM
DAREDEVIL,

What's the deal with my quote in your post ??? Are you typing it all out on your own ? Compare your post to Jersey Devil's. Alot of capitalizations missing from yours.... :confused: ???

JERSEY DEVIL
10-19-2009, 09:14 PM
I think so. I haven't heard of him selling it...hmmmmm interesting

:driving: