PDA

View Full Version : 24 for Sale.

ar15meister
05-13-2009, 12:09 PM
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1977-Pantera-24-SS----600%2B-HP%2C-Supercharged%2C-Classic-95058661

found this while eating a sandwich. :26:

Davidmnc
05-13-2009, 12:15 PM
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1977-Pantera-24-SS----600%2B-HP%2C-Supercharged%2C-Classic-95058661

found this while eating a sandwich. :26:

What kind of sandwich.................I'm getting hungry.

Perlmudder
05-13-2009, 12:20 PM
nice looking boat. is that a trs drive?

mosi
05-13-2009, 12:53 PM
did you chip a tooth?

stormrider
05-13-2009, 01:25 PM
been around.
guy on OSO pushing it.

ar15meister
05-13-2009, 01:52 PM
What kind of sandwich.................I'm getting hungry.

:sifone:

kolbassa pal!

Gladhe8er
05-13-2009, 01:53 PM
I bought my AT from the guys brother. Good guy to deal with.

ar15meister
05-13-2009, 01:58 PM
nice looking boat. is that a trs drive?

yah I think so.

duunoit
05-13-2009, 06:14 PM
That is a nice looking boat, but $30k? "Priced for a quick sale"

How long did it take Scotty to sell his 24 when the market was in better shape?

Dude! Sweet!
05-13-2009, 06:48 PM
Heck, Beck427 can't give his boat away...

slpcamaross97
05-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Heck, Beck427 can't give his boat away...

True. ill know Friday my dealer gets the plug pulled by GM, so i hear. but if not its boat time babe. lol

LittleDcsRodShop
05-13-2009, 11:39 PM
That is a nice looking boat, but $30k? "Priced for a quick sale"

How long did it take Scotty to sell his 24 when the market was in better shape?

I cant remember exactly how long it took to sell but overall it was a few months.. Yeah the market was completly differant than it is now.. I had a ton of emails & as always they were all "buying" it... I had the boat sold pretty quickly & for within 1k of my asking price to a really nice couple in AZ. They sent me a 5k deposit sight unseen & had arrangments to have it picked up within the next week.. However a few days before the driver was to come pick it up it he found out he had cancer..:( They offered to let me keep the deposit , which I would not even consider however they did Make me keep $500.00 of it..

The first guy to actually come look at it drove 12hrs. to come see it & loved it , however his wife was scared to death of it & decided "they" wanted a deck boat...lol..

Then I put it on Ebay (long story short)It met reserve in like 2-3 days only for the high bidder to totaly screw up my auction & my next weekend by not even showing up or even bothering to return any calls... Odd enuff I found out he had done almost the same thing to atleast 2 other Pantera owners..

Sooo... The next lookers sent a good deposit sight unseen & came down within the week absolutly loved it , took it home & are still loving it last few times I talked to them.. They called & were going to take my last 28 but missed it by a day.. They were great people to deal with !!

Now I am asking myself why I just wrote a short story for a 1 line question ?? lol.. Crap now I miss the boat !!! I think its mostly b/c it was actually paid for... Sometimes I think man I'm an idiot !!! Bigger..Bigger..More..More..What a vicious cycle !!! :rant:

LittleDcsRodShop
05-13-2009, 11:45 PM
True. ill know Friday my dealer gets the plug pulled by GM, so i hear. but if not its boat time babe. lol

I really hope that don't happen for you !! We are affraid our GM/Nissan/Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep parts suplier may loose the GM deal b/c they are actually tied in with GM as a Pontiac dealer... We have done business with them for about 15 years & they have been really good to us.

LittleDcsRodShop
05-14-2009, 12:11 AM
okay now that I am mildy depressed , I will post a few pics just incase we have any newbie browsers.. besides lets admit it we are all alittle nuts & quite often look at old pics. like its the first time anyways.. Right ??

LittleDcsRodShop
05-14-2009, 12:13 AM
A few more..

LittleDcsRodShop
05-14-2009, 12:33 AM
Last one.. I always thought it was a cool pic. b/c it was so clear , & now that I look at it I see a spot on the interior behind the drivers bolster I want to wipe down.. lol.. Thats a buddy of mine tying it up when we went down to do meet up with the Pirate racing crew & tested some props on 2 Panteras back in 05. They were just about to finish up a long redo on their 27 Mag.

Anyways I will quit "thread jacking" & go nighty-night.:leaving:

Oh yeah I almost forgot the cult leaders "mug shot" on the underside of the deck hatch :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
05-14-2009, 01:17 AM
I forgot how CLEAN your 24 was! Damn dude. You really can see what it takes to make money doing what you do for a living. Awesome boat! Did you redo the deck with the flush hatch? I love that look.

LittleDcsRodShop
05-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks !! Yeah now you see why I just make a living & thats about it... I usually work for about 1/2 time it seems like..lol.. (but true most of the time)
That boat brought as much ifnot probably more than any older 24 out there (I could be wrong?) However there was 20k worth of paintwork on it , Sooo..

As for the flush mount deck hatch it was a one off & built in house by yours truelly... That boat had a few pretty cool custom touches such as the deck hatch , the naca ducts like the 28's , the fairing , also I completley chopped up the dash & reconfigured a few angles.. You cant se in the pics. but on the throttle side of the dash it fit flush with the fairing & appeared seamless instead of the dash looking like it was bolted up as a seperate piece..

stormrider
05-14-2009, 09:59 AM
My 24 took about a month to sell.
Buyer was looking at mine and Scotts.
I was asking enough to get everything i put into it.
Had my floor in place.
Decided to let it go under the floor, just so i wouldn't have to winterize, store and commission; which was basically the floor less all those costs.
And then there wasn't the worry of having to sell it... anyone put a $ amount on that?