PDA

View Full Version : Scotty, put your boat here...

Pages : [1] 2

Dude! Sweet!
05-12-2009, 05:45 PM
C'mon dude! Come over here and lay some Saber science on us! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
05-13-2009, 12:56 PM
My project is so slow going that I'm not sure its worth posting.. lol..

Okay since it is my west coast mafia buddy I will go ahead & post a pic or two b/c I fear for my life if I let him down... So let the ridicule & abuse begin !! Lol..

So here's a few shots from last weeks progress..:huh:

baronmarine
05-13-2009, 01:54 PM
o for gods sake. would you just put the #5's and some big nasty chevys back in that thing. then give me a ride in it again.

todd

LittleDcsRodShop
05-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Heres a bit more up to date shot for those woundering "Whats the best way to clean the inside of my fuel tanks after a long winter ?"

LittleDcsRodShop
05-13-2009, 06:12 PM
o for gods sake. would you just put the #5's and some big nasty chevys back in that thing. then give me a ride in it again.

todd

I would like to have had both of those #5's & the nasty BBC's that were in it when you rode in it !!

LittleDcsRodShop
05-13-2009, 06:23 PM
Todd, Would you happen to have any pics of my boat when JD had it besides the few that have been on oso ?? I have never seen a shot of it sitting in the water but it had to sit pretty nice with the 5's on it.

If find any shots please forward them to me if you don't mind..
littledcsrodshop(at)comcast(dot)net

Dude! Sweet!
05-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Lookin' good Scott! Like I said, it's nice to have some inspiration/crash test dummy, for the nonsense I'll be diving into soon! And hell, they let you post pictures for free on this site! :D

LittleDcsRodShop
05-14-2009, 09:04 PM
I put this "next door" so I thought I better put it up over here for the same few people that probably just seen it over there..:D

Just finished glassing in one side of the tank mounts.. Nothing to exciting to look at but we are always asking for progress pics so here you go.. The front mount is 2 sheets of 3/4" bonded togather with 1.5oz mat then glassed over & then nicely tabbed in with a few layers of 1708 bi-ax.. The other 2 shorter mounts are done the same way except 1 sheet of 3/4".. All of it was then locked togather with the stringers with mostly a solid sheet of 1708 & good ole Vinyl Ester resin..

I also managed to get the mounts to be welded on the other tank cutout today along with the flatside that faces the sides of the hull sheared & the sending unit mount ready to weld up.. Hopefully I will get it to my tig guy this weekend & have it back in a week orso & then its start glassing up the other side..

I also finished up installing the candy cobalt blue zero efforts in my fathers Formula today.. Why is it that most every task that seems simple turns into a major project ?? I have done this type of crap for along time & I always seem to under estimate my time !!! They were already set up for twins , however it ony had 1 switch in the handle & his boat is Not a counter rotater so he needed 2 swithes at the throttles & we are stuburn & wanted them in the original round nob & on the same side.. Long story short I had to weld a new tube that runs down the shifters for the extra wires to go through , Paint them , buy a nearly $50.00 switch from merc. & then cut up the existing switch housing & a good bit of the switches to make them both fit in the round mount , then cut his dash up a little , neatly run a few wires, Swap cables & then spent another hundred or so to get all new cable ends 2 seperate times.. (first order shorted me 2) Ect...Ect... I say all that b/c
its just funny to me how easy some people think custom stuff falls , or should go togather..:rolleyes:

LittleDcsRodShop
05-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Heres a shot of the Formula dash & the most comfortable bolsters I have ever sit my rump in !! Just before cleanup & fire up on the hose tomorrow... The boat sounds So SWEET !!! Esp. bouncing off the walls here in the shop.

baronmarine
05-15-2009, 08:10 AM
Todd, Would you happen to have any pics of my boat when JD had it besides the few that have been on oso ?? I have never seen a shot of it sitting in the water but it had to sit pretty nice with the 5's on it.

If find any shots please forward them to me if you don't mind..
littledcsrodshop(at)comcast(dot)net

hey scott

i don't think i have any pic's or yours. spent a lot of time with the saber boys back in the day. jerry and i were pretty good friends. learned alot from all 3 of them. and got a chance to do some cool stuff. lots of boat races, photo shoots and just test rides. those where the days. i still see doug from time to time. keep up the good work.

todd

Dude! Sweet!
05-16-2009, 12:48 AM
Scott, looking good bud! Keep up the awesome work! Thanks for posting over here too. Makes my life easier... :D

Man, you sure said something on the time estimate and the hassle of "easy" custom work. When I did construction, I always made my best, most conservative estimate and then doubled it... Usually worked out just about right. Now, I still do "custom" work from time to time and I'm blown away by how time consuming it is. I took 3 days last week to do something that wasn't "out of the box" and couldn't bill a minute of it. Then it turned out that the info they gave me was wrong... into the sh*t-can it went!

I'm really blown away by the quality, talent and attention to detail you show. Awesome dude! Awesome!

LittleDcsRodShop
05-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks Sean !!

Just dropped off the other tank to my tig guy..

Its inching along, but slowly starting to gain momentum.

LittleDcsRodShop
05-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Sean you make it home yet ??

Dude! Sweet!
05-18-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm here. I'm goofy from lack of sleep but I'm alive. Came into a sh*tstorm at work today, but I guess that gets me back in the groove!

LittleDcsRodShop
05-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Glad to hear everybody made it back safe & sound !! I'm sure your glad its all done b/c you guys have to be beat down !! Get some rest & talk to you soon..

Dude! Sweet!
05-22-2009, 01:19 AM
You are such a bad influence... I keep thinking "I'll just slap the motor together and stick it back in the boat and run it..." then I think "damn, look at all that cool sh*t Scotty's doing... I've got lots of ideas, I should do that..." then I remember you actually know what you're doing and I go back to slapping the motor in again... It's a vicious cycle.

LittleDcsRodShop
05-27-2009, 06:59 PM
You are such a bad influence... I keep thinking "I'll just slap the motor together and stick it back in the boat and run it..." then I think "damn, look at all that cool sh*t Scotty's doing... I've got lots of ideas, I should do that..." then I remember you actually know what you're doing and I go back to slapping the motor in again... It's a vicious cycle.

LOL !!! It is a vicious cycle no doubt !!!!

Pics. from today

This crap is slow going & very tedious but it will be worth it when its all done.. Atleast thats what I keep telling myself !!

LittleDcsRodShop
05-27-2009, 07:01 PM
2 more shots after a coat or two of etching primer then a few more coats of good 2K urathane primer.. All the welds are smoothed in for a seamless look & should look real nice when they finally make paint..

Dude! Sweet!
05-29-2009, 11:31 PM
I feel like I'm repeating myself, but definately worth repeating on a couple of levels... AWESOME Bro! :D

Bobcat
06-13-2009, 06:38 PM
:seeya:

LittleDcsRodShop
06-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Been sanding my --- off this week in the bilge trying to get ready for primer & paint.. Hope to see some yellow fairly soon.. That is if I don't have to fill the transom again.. Lol...

Dude! Sweet!
06-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Hey Scotty, you gotta get off your ass all your Saber buddies are out running already! :D

Just bustin' on you bro. I haven't done much with either of my boats yet. Just thought I'd swing by and say howdy! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
06-23-2009, 06:28 PM
No joke !! I'm getting smoked !! Its killing me to see what seems like everybody else living up the summer while I stare at mine walking past it to work on somebody else's stuff & wonder if it will ever see water.. Unfortunatly this makes my 2nd summer dry..

However I do have a bunch of happy customers to wave at as they ride by enjoying the summer..:driving: Its always nice when they stop by & ask if I'm ever gonna get my boat done..:huh:

jdub
06-24-2009, 08:03 AM
It'll be worth it.....:driving:

LittleDcsRodShop
06-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Thanks & I agree, just tuff in the process.. lol..

Have you got to run yours anymore ??

jdub
06-24-2009, 02:20 PM
I was spinning the 24 Bravo up to 5300rpm without the drive trimmed and still had some more on the stick. Was running in the low 60's doing that. So this weekend I'm trying a 27 Mirage and a 26 Bravo. Hopefully with these props and the drive being trimmed I should see some good results.

LittleDcsRodShop
06-24-2009, 03:05 PM
What kind of power are you running ? Is it a 500 copy ?

I would think the 26 bravo would be better than the mirage, but it will be interesting to see how it goes..

jdub
06-24-2009, 06:50 PM
It was a carbed hp500 that was rebuilt about 4 years ago. Don't know much about it. The build sheet is pretty vague.

LittleDcsRodShop
06-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Gotcha.. Thought 500 was in there somewhere atleast I had that right.. That being said "throw down the stick & get in some trim" !!! I'm anxious to hear how it does

LittleDcsRodShop
06-27-2009, 12:45 AM
Had a Really crappy week this week, however thankfully it did get better as the week progressed !!!

I Got the 2nd fuel tank back from my welder yesterday & after a long day away from the shop today I just checked ups tracking & It looks as if I finally got the vinylester I have been waiting for..:) Sooo hopefully if all goes as planned I will be at the shop tommorow glassing in the 2nd set of tank mounts.. (they are already inplace & bonded, they just need some biax layed over them)

Anywho, I will keep you homies informed & hopefully we will see some yeller soon !!!

LittleDcsRodShop
06-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Spent a few hours at the shop earlier today getting all my glass cut out & ready for the last set of tank mounts.. Then the family & I went to the lake this afternoon & spent some time playing around & now its back here at the shop to finish up laminating & tabbing in the mounts..

Who was it that told me a while back on one of the boards that sleep was way over rated ?? Man I need to start taking better advise..

LittleDcsRodShop
07-07-2009, 10:13 PM
I have been utilizing every spare moment I can find sanding my fingertips off in the bilge lately.. I have most of it in primer, I Really need to realize that its a bilge & that every radius ect...ect.. doesn't have to look like its a front fender on a Ridler car.. But I seem to have trouble with that kinda thing when it comes to certain things !! Sad thing is alot of it will be covered up & not to mention that 95% of the people that look at it will only see shinny when it done.. Lol !!

Heres a couple crappy cell phone shots with part of the primer still wet so it looks kinda funky in some areas so please excuse & disregaurd those.. You can get an idea of the size of the stringers & how they will look..

Dude! Sweet!
07-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Ridler bilge! Oh man Scotty... that's a good one! Just wait until you blow a motor and sprays oil all over that show bilge! Keep up the good work brother! Someone out there has to balance out all the crazy redneck stuff the rest of us do to our boats!

LittleDcsRodShop
07-08-2009, 06:38 PM
LOL !!! I may do all that work & then just decide to mirror the entire floor of the bilge stringers & all !! haha..

Have you decided what you are gonna do with the X-racer ??

Bobcat
07-08-2009, 07:05 PM
I wish i had that kind of patience. looks awesome.

Dude! Sweet!
07-08-2009, 08:50 PM
LOL !!! I may do all that work & then just decide to mirror the entire floor of the bilge stringers & all !! haha..

Have you decided what you are gonna do with the X-racer ??

Still kinda struggling with what to do... Looks like the block is already out to its max overbore, so if it can't be cleaned up with a hone and new rings, I'm making a bad ass coffee table and then my options are wide open. If that's the case, I'll probably focus more on the 24's to-do list fo the rest of this year and jump on the 28 over the winter.

Basically, I'm down to either single BBC or side by side SBC... You know anyone else who can't decide how to power his boat... :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
07-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Still kinda struggling with what to do... Looks like the block is already out to its max overbore, so if it can't be cleaned up with a hone and new rings, I'm making a bad ass coffee table and then my options are wide open. If that's the case, I'll probably focus more on the 24's to-do list fo the rest of this year and jump on the 28 over the winter.

Basically, I'm down to either single BBC or side by side SBC... You know anyone else who can't decide how to power his boat... :sifone:

Yeah seems as if I remember another guy with a similar problem a while back on the how to power thing..:huh: Sometimes he still thinks to himself what should I have done.. lol esp when he is about to go home from another few hours of climbing in & out of his bilge.. This stuff wouldn't be so bad if the sides of our boats were removable for easy access.. But hey I keep telling myself it will be worth it one day !!

Either way you power will you be speckling your bilge ??? & Ifso what color carpet will you go with for the inside of your engine hatch ?? :smilielol5:

LittleDcsRodShop
07-08-2009, 09:59 PM
I wish i had that kind of patience. looks awesome.

Thanks !!!

Dude! Sweet!
07-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Chicks dig zolatone bilges and astroturf hatches! :D

LittleDcsRodShop
07-09-2009, 12:50 PM
Chicks dig zolatone bilges and astroturf hatches! :D

Not to mention the stripped up vinyl upholstry in there too..

Hey while were on the subject of west coasties I wouldn't mind you shipping me a 21 Schiada out my way.. Sure would make a sweet ride to pull the kids around on a tube !!!

Dude! Sweet!
07-09-2009, 02:53 PM
Got a buddy selling a 31' Schiada with twin small blocks. He also has a 32' with 525's that runs close to or just over 100...

I love those little ski boats. I wish I lived a bit closer to a place I could use them. I told Chris, if I lived on the Tennessee river, I'd have a shovelnose Sanger with a big blower and zoomies! And for my big boat, I'd have a 24 skater!

LittleDcsRodShop
07-09-2009, 11:49 PM
"I wish I lived a bit closer to a place I could use them. I told Chris, if I lived on the Tennessee river, I'd have a shovelnose Sanger with a big blower and zoomies! And for my big boat, I'd have a 24 skater! "

Are you saying that me & Chris have a bit too much boat for our area ?? Lol..

I bet those Schiada's are bad.. It seems lke not much leaves their plant thats not wicked fast !! Yeah I have really been eyeing some smaller classics latlely.. This disease never seems to go away..:willy_nilly:

LittleDcsRodShop
07-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Oh yeah the Saber... I picked up both of my tanks from my tig guru again today.. I decided to go ahead & put 2 more "overkill" brackets on them like I originally intended.. I let others talk me out of it & then decided "why listen others" so I hauled them back down to have them welded on..:sifone:

decided against going back to the shop b/c it was 8:00 by the time I got back & really needed to spend alittle time at home.. Hopefully I will finish up primer by the weekend, but got a busy day in the paint booth tomorrow so we will see..

Dude! Sweet!
07-10-2009, 01:28 AM
Keep up the good work brother!

LittleDcsRodShop
07-14-2009, 07:36 PM
The bilge is offically all in primer now !! :hurray:

Also got the additional port side tank mount bonded & all glassed in today , I plan on getting the other one done as well tommorow.. They are 3 sheets of 3/4" ply laminated togather with 2 stainless t-bolts in the back of each & then their laminated to the hull with couple layers of 1808 bi-ax & vinylester.. That along with the additional 3 mounts on each tank & I don't think they will be going anywhere !!

I am hopping to be able to pull it out of its hole of no return & get it out in the main part of the shop in the next couple days for a good washdown before the bilge gets some nice shinny yellow & I will then be a happy camper to say the least !!

Dude! Sweet!
07-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Awesome dude!!! Sounds like this thing is really gaining momentum!

LittleDcsRodShop
07-14-2009, 08:41 PM
Yeah.. I can't wait untill I get paint in there & get to start the fun part !!
Not to mention no more Friking dust storms !!!

Buoy
07-14-2009, 08:43 PM
With as much time, and how critical you've been of your work, I'm really looking forward to seeing the final.
I imagine nothing less than incredible.

jdub
07-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Yeah.. I can't wait untill I get paint in there & get to start the fun part !!
Not to mention no more Friking dust storms !!!

Once your past the fiberglass dust it's all down hill. By far the most rewarding turning point in any project!

LittleDcsRodShop
07-15-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks guys !!

Yeah I am definatly going to feel like a new man when I see yellow.. I got it out of its hole of misery today & into the main part of the shop getting ready for a washdown before paint.. I am down here now working on the last mount for the starboard tank mount.. Just got the other one primed in & ready to go !!

Heres a quick pic. taken today from the cell phone

Dude! Sweet!
07-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! (Nothing like a little chanting to get you pumped up!) :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
07-15-2009, 10:27 PM
Didn't know you did a Kurtis ski boat... :sifone:

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18151

LittleDcsRodShop
07-15-2009, 10:45 PM
:D Sweet boat !!

Dan Adams
07-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Thanks guys !!

Yeah I am definatly going to feel like a new man when I see yellow.. I got it out of its hole of misery today & into the main part of the shop getting ready for a washdown before paint.. I am down here now working on the last mount for the starboard tank mount.. Just got the other one primed in & ready to go !!

Scotty, that thing looks HOT!

LittleDcsRodShop
07-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks Dan, I am ready for some scaled dow running shots like you got recently..:D

DAREDEVIL
07-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks guys !!

DAMN,,thats a nice boat right there.
Congrats.:USA:

Dude! Sweet!
07-16-2009, 06:33 PM
So, Scotty, what were you up to yesterday?

ATHENS, Tenn. – A man has been charged with public intoxication after authorities said he was walking along Highway 11 with a pair of panties hanging out from his unzipped pants. According to The Daily Post-Athenian, 31-year-old man told deputies he had been at a pool party and stole them from a nearby home early Sunday.

A search revealed the man had stuffed some 40 pairs of female undergarments into his pants, although he had thrown most of them to the ground as a deputy approached.

The owner of the garments declined to prosecute but the man was arrested on a charge of public intoxication.

Buoy
07-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Didn't know you did a Kurtis ski boat... :sifone:

http://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18151

Damn Sean, that boat is incredible sweet. Beautiful v-drive.

Dude! Sweet!
07-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Damn Sean, that boat is incredible sweet. Beautiful v-drive.

One of my buddies is a Schaida guy and has been kinda turning me on to the CA lake/river boat stuff. So I've been surfing the classifieds over at that site a bit (tire kicker only). The workmanship was so kleen and kickass that the first person I thought of was Scotty... AKA Pantie-man! :26:

Buoy
07-16-2009, 07:28 PM
I've been over to that site a few times as a lurker.
You're right, that boat is incredible clean, incredible job by the guy.
Too bad I don't think he's gonna see that kind of money out of the hull only.
He's got one of those boats that no matter what you do, it will not get what it's actually worth, let alone what's invested.
I guess that's why boating is a "hobby".

LittleDcsRodShop
07-16-2009, 07:32 PM
" Yes your honor I do have legitimate reason for collecting all these panties, really I do !! You see we are starting a Offshore / Ski race team & you see there are six dudes going to be riding in a six-pack setup & you see all the other teams are calling us mean names & to top it off the owner of the boat in kinda in a pinch & the only helmet he could afford had a rainbow flag painted on it so I was really collecting all these panties so we could make a ski rope out of them in an attempt to regain alittle bit of dignity !!! Does that make sence your honor ?? "

I don't get our daily newspaper b/c we have plenty of old guys that hang around the shop so we get all the local news we ever need & then some.. lol.. However Im definatly going to have to check that out b/c thats some pretty funny stuff there.. Sad thing is its quite possibly somebody I know !!

Dude! Sweet!
07-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Ha! Ha! Ha! Too much! :D

Buoy
07-16-2009, 08:01 PM
I think I'm simply going to go under the assumption that you DO NOT want any of us in the courtroom as you explain in front of a Judge.:leaving:

LittleDcsRodShop
07-16-2009, 08:18 PM
:smilielol5::smilielol5: C'mon Tim so your not going to come & testify for me ??

Tim to the judge: "Yes your honor I am part of the team, however I'm not allowed to come out from under the deck b/c I have a job to do down there"

Judge back to Tim: "You must be the team owner with the rainbow flag painted on his helmet ??"

Tim back to the judge: "No your honor thats Sean & he's back in California where he lives & works to finance the team"

Judge: (while looking towards the jury) "Enuff said" :smash:

LittleDcsRodShop
07-16-2009, 08:21 PM
And about right now the entire offshore community is saying "What the ---- are these guys talking about ?"

:smilielol5:

Buoy
07-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Fortunately, I was just going to get up and get another beer because this one is empty.
Other wise I'd be wiping down the monitor screen.:biggrinjester:

Buoy
07-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Trust me, most of the offshore community that knows me is used to nonsense like this.
At least, they consider it nonsense. Little do they know my true intentions, and how close I am to actually doing something like this - if only for entertainment value.
And after some of the crap I've done in the past...

Dude! Sweet!
07-16-2009, 08:37 PM
I wonder if orange afro wigs glued to our race helmets would still be legal...

Buoy
07-16-2009, 10:13 PM
I wonder if orange afro wigs glued to our race helmets would still be legal...

GOOD CALL!!!

No seriously, that's a good call!
Maybe mix it up... and a Rasta wig on one, a sailor cap on another, viking horns on another, Colonel Klink Spike, and whoever is wearing the rainbow helmet gets the Unicorn horn:biggrinjester:

That leaves one more.
Feel free to offer suggestions.

Bobcat
07-16-2009, 10:32 PM
say the word Scotty and I'll have these no account pantera boys back in their own section before Sean can teach another pig to whistle:reddevil:

LittleDcsRodShop
07-17-2009, 09:54 AM
say the word Scotty and I'll have these no account pantera boys back in their own section before Sean can teach another pig to whistle:reddevil:

:huh: Let me thinks about that one :huh:

Ahhhh... traffic is kinda low in the Saber world so we better keep them around for alittle while..

LittleDcsRodShop
07-17-2009, 10:03 AM
GOOD CALL!!!

No seriously, that's a good call!
Maybe mix it up... and a Rasta wig on one, a sailor cap on another, viking horns on another, Colonel Klink Spike, and whoever is wearing the rainbow helmet gets the Unicorn horn:biggrinjester:

That leaves one more.
Feel free to offer suggestions.

I will go with a Joe Dirt Mullet under my helmet.. Maybe even go ahead & grow one.. Lol !! I actually said to some buddies just a couple days ago after a one of them caught a sweet mullet shot on his cell phone "If you guys will grow one I will too" Man I hope they don't take me up on that one !!

Tim something tells me not to tempt you with that challange !!!

Buoy
07-17-2009, 04:07 PM
I will go with a Joe Dirt Mullet under my helmet.. Maybe even go ahead & grow one.. Lol !! I actually said to some buddies just a couple days ago after a one of them caught a sweet mullet shot on his cell phone "If you guys will grow one I will too" Man I hope they don't take me up on that one !!

Tim something tells me not to tempt you with that challange !!!

Game on like Donkey Kong!!!!!

LittleDcsRodShop
07-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Now back to the boat (atleast for a post or two) ;)

I've been down here at the shop today sniffing another pound or two of dust.. I sanded the entire bilge back down again & re-primed it for the Final time !! Next move is to sand it all back down again :ack2: & then Finally see some yellow !! :hurray:

I hope & plan to do it this next week, however I have a pretty heavy work load on top of my father being away this week so we will see how that goes.. I need an entire day to sand it all back down & give it a Much needed cleaning before paint & then probably come back down here in the wee hours & paint while its a bit cooler..

Buoy
07-18-2009, 07:25 PM
Don't forget to bring the camera:)

LittleDcsRodShop
07-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Don't forget to bring the camera:)

Definaly will do.. I had the tanks mounted up for the last time before paint today doing some final checking on some things & its the first time I've got to see them from the view of the cockpit since its now uncovered & they were looking pretty sweet !!

Unfortunatly only the port side tank is ready to paint & the other needs to be smoothed over & primed.. They will most likely be one of the last things to go in the bilge due to the fact that the extra room will be nice for rigging, however I am sure I will need them in before its completely done do to mounting locations of acessories ect...ect..

Buoy
07-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Dude, you are creating masterpieces in parts of the boat that no one will ever see. You have a sickness.

Repeat after me.
"Hi, I'm Scotty, I have an offshore addiction, and I never know when to to stop".

Buoy
07-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Reply from Buoy, Dude, duunoit, Chris, Airpacker, Thomas Wallin, Fund Razor, and the rest of the group -

"Hi Scotty"

LittleDcsRodShop
07-18-2009, 09:47 PM
:sifone::sifone:

jdub
07-20-2009, 08:55 PM
You mofo's are out there....

Buoy
07-20-2009, 09:08 PM

But that raises the question, where, exactly, is "there":sifone:
Yeah, we're quite a bunch.
You should see when two or more of us get together.
It can get gonzo.

Dude! Sweet!
07-21-2009, 02:15 PM
I too, thought this was a drinking game... :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
07-21-2009, 10:12 PM

:iagree:

jdub
07-22-2009, 07:25 AM
:iagree:

They say that's the first step....:rofl:

LittleDcsRodShop
07-22-2009, 09:56 PM
They say that's the first step....:rofl:

Experiance speaks !! ;)

LittleDcsRodShop
07-22-2009, 10:00 PM
The bilge is Completely sanded & If all goes as planned it will get washed down tomorrow then a good coat of white sealer & yellowed tomorrow evening..

Buoy
07-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Looking forward to seeing the progress!

Dude! Sweet!
07-23-2009, 12:32 AM
The bilge is Completely sanded & If all goes as planned it will get washed down tomorrow then a good coat of white sealer & yellowed tomorrow evening..

Well done sir!

And you boys all know what Gertrude Stein said... There is no there, there... (man).

LittleDcsRodShop
07-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Some people "bleed" their team colors.. I just **** mine..

I just realized I'm not alowed to say p-i-s-s on here.. Call me a child but for some reason thats kinda funny..

jdub
07-23-2009, 02:02 PM
I know it's been some time for ya....but the water is suppose to be on the outside.:26:

LittleDcsRodShop
07-23-2009, 02:10 PM
John its been so long I think thats actually condensation.. Lol..

Just finished up final scrubbing down of the gelcoat areas with a red scotch bright & acetone so forgive me if I'm alittle loopy..:ack2:

On to the final washdown !!

LittleDcsRodShop
07-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Here is a crappy cell phone shot from about 30 min ago with 2 coats of white Global Chromatic sealer..

rchevelle71
07-23-2009, 10:41 PM
Here is a crappy cell phone shot from about 30 min ago with 2 coats of white Global Chromatic sealer..

Nice job,

The **** comment is funny, cuz I just realized that on another thread I typed it into, and was laughing also:biggrinjester:

rchevelle71
07-23-2009, 10:42 PM
Lets see if urinating gets censored:03:

rchevelle71
07-23-2009, 10:42 PM
NOPE, Urinating is good to go:biggrinjester:

Dude! Sweet!
07-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Scotty, I should have just had Chris drop my 28 off in Athens. That's freakin' beautiful, and it's just the sealer!

I laugh about the stuff that's censored on this site... When I put up my buddy's bourbon story in the Bar, I had to flip back and forth between the original and the posted version to figure out what was censored and "peeessss" was one of them... On that v-drive site, they're dropping F-bombs all over the place... Just like mom used to make! :sifone:

rchevelle71
07-24-2009, 12:44 AM
lets see if ***** cat flies

rchevelle71
07-24-2009, 12:45 AM
nope

rchevelle71
07-24-2009, 12:46 AM
how about vagina

rchevelle71
07-24-2009, 12:47 AM
That worked:drool5:

OK, Back to fixin boats:sifone:

Sorry guys, I got Friday off from work, and up late drinkin tonite:reddevil:

Dude! Sweet!
07-24-2009, 01:53 AM
"Vagina... does that make you uncomfortable, Jeffrey?"

Rick, are you in the Miami, La-de-dah area?

LittleDcsRodShop
07-25-2009, 01:33 AM
The thread has really started to de-rail since I left.. Lol..

Okay for those that thought I am still asleep from a long day at the shop yesterday think again.. Today has been longer !! Long story short the sealer went on good last night , however I wasn't happy with the way the paint looked rolled on... Sooooo I went home about 3:00 am, slept a few hours & then came back down & made the tough decision to break out the sandpaper again & get it ready to re-shoot without using paint equipment from lowes & using what I know best "the trusty ole Sata Jet RP"

Neadless to say it has been a ruff 42 hrs since thursday morning & I am just now about to start back with some more white sealer & then the color.. So if all goes as planned I will get out of here about 5:00 ish in the a.m.

LittleDcsRodShop
07-25-2009, 01:38 AM
All wrapped up & ready to shoot !!

LittleDcsRodShop
07-25-2009, 02:45 AM
sealer..

LittleDcsRodShop
07-25-2009, 05:17 AM
Paint Done !!!! :hurray:

Quick pics to follow as soon as the fog clears..

LittleDcsRodShop
07-25-2009, 05:46 AM
Here are a few up close & quick shots from the cell phone.. Pay not attention to the lighting or tint ect....

Pulling in some cars, going home & heading to home for a lengthy nap !!!

LittleDcsRodShop
07-25-2009, 05:49 AM
Last one..

Buoy
07-25-2009, 11:15 AM
WOW!
You're a maniac!

Looks great!

jdub
07-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Late nights at the garage...oh how I miss that:ack2: Now for the fun part!

tomcei
07-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Scott, u the man!!
Very nice. I know it is easy to talk your self into "that's good enough" :ack2:but your holding strong.
I got your VM. I'll try u back on Monday.

LittleDcsRodShop
07-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks guys !! Yeah I am definatly ready to start the good stuff..

Tom , look forward to hearing from you..

Buoy
07-26-2009, 04:02 PM
I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next.
You're doing an incredible job.
And I can tell, the pictures probably don't even do it the justice it deserves.
Keep at it, bud, keep at it.

Bobcat
07-26-2009, 06:00 PM
that bilge is too clean to ever put anything in it !

LittleDcsRodShop
07-29-2009, 02:45 PM
New seal.. Torqed & ready for some HP in front of it..

jdub
07-29-2009, 08:28 PM
Couldn't wait could ya? Looks good man...

Are they a 7" standoff?

And get that pump off the paint...wtf's a matter with you!

LittleDcsRodShop
07-30-2009, 02:25 AM
Couldn't wait could ya? Looks good man...

Are they a 7" standoff?

And get that pump off the paint...wtf's a matter with you!

:D

Funny thing is after I shot the pic with the cell phone I thought "who will be the smart --- to think the pump is not sitting in an area thats not safely taped up.." However I am one step ahead of ya there Johhny boy in the fact that its layered with 2" masking in the critical area of where the pump is.. I just cut it out in a perfect shape for the camera.. JK !!

So you got that box on yet ??? & have you taken it out of the classifieds & started sanding the sides yet & decided to keep it like a smart person would do..? b/c its not like you can run down to your local dealership & get another one !! :sifone: "Oh yeah thats why custom build boats are so cool"

Anyways yeah 7" setback on the ITS

jdub
07-30-2009, 07:33 AM
I'll wait till after the season for the box and paint. I'm not looking forward to sanding off those graphics. They are thick....almost feels like vinyl on the edge.

Yeah I know. I was out last weekend and had a few guys come up asking about the boat. Always the same thing...."man that's nice...what is it...a Saber huh...never heard of them...I've never seen one of those...where are they made". I do get a kick out of that.

SKRAMER
07-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Looks great!!

Dude! Sweet!
07-30-2009, 05:50 PM
Way to go Scotty!!! I'll mail you a plane ticket in a couple weeks! :D

It turned out awesome!

LittleDcsRodShop
07-30-2009, 07:48 PM
I'll wait till after the season for the box and paint. I'm not looking forward to sanding off those graphics. They are thick....almost feels like vinyl on the edge.

Yeah I know. I was out last weekend and had a few guys come up asking about the boat. Always the same thing...."man that's nice...what is it...a Saber huh...never heard of them...I've never seen one of those...where are they made". I do get a kick out of that.

Good idea on the "waiting till the end of season" that way you arn't like me sitting on the dock & having to look at way to many bowriders ride by..

As for removing those graphics they will be fun I'm sure.. If I was guessing they are probably done in Imron..

LittleDcsRodShop
07-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Sean don't tempt me with that plane ticket thing b/c I am almost crazy enuff to take you up on that !! You think Schiada would hire a gopher for the daytime while I work on yours at night.. lol..

I will try to give you a shout tonite if Its not too late b/c I know when you get your age you probably go to bed at sunset..:D

LittleDcsRodShop
07-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Looks great!!

Thanks man !!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Minor update in the update thread next door..

LittleDcsRodShop
09-04-2009, 03:12 AM
Ok again nothing life changing but progress at the least..

I have 2 of these brand new Optima 1000's & along with the :rolleyes:bilng-bling:rolleyes: freshly redneck reingeneered(sp? -c'mon its late) from superman blue to shiny-classy-matchy holdowns that are pretty much ready to start mounting sometime tomorrow when I get a little spare time between the day to day..

I was getting to a point of over thinking (as I often) do & I was beginning to start questioning my engine compartment color combo's from individual components all the way to all of it as a whole.. However Its all starting to make sence again as it slowely comes to life..:coolgleamA: I posted a few oldies for a bit more of a visual..

I'm hopping the alignment tool makes it in from the delivery birdie tomorrow !! Man do I have a long list of Thank you's at the end of these scattered threads.. I believe when the day of completion actually arrives I will start a new somewhat more organized thread from start to finish with my long list of not as much rambling but pics. including the a good bit of the original build pics from its Glory Days of old !! Which I hope it honors in its own way !!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-04-2009, 03:28 AM
1 more for another "starting to tie togahter again visual"

Dan Adams
09-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Here are a few up close & quick shots from the cell phone.. Pay not attention to the lighting or tint ect....

Pulling in some cars, going home & heading to home for a lengthy nap !!!
Scotty you are a sick man. That is the sweetest bilge ever!

Dude! Sweet!
09-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Very nice... Fresh from vacation and back in the shop... I never noticed it until know, but I'll be dipped in sh*t if Scotty's boat isn't Wicked Won's "Mini-Me"! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-04-2009, 02:37 PM

All jokes aside that meens allot considering whats sitting in your shop !! THE Saber of all Sabers !! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Very nice... Fresh from vacation and back in the shop... I never noticed it until know, but I'll be dipped in sh*t if Scotty's boat isn't Wicked Won's "Mini-Me"! :sifone:

I just had a delivery from the postman dropping off the alignment tool I've been needing..;) Now its dirty hands for a little while which is just fine with me..

Dude! Sweet!
09-04-2009, 02:54 PM
I just had a delivery from the postman dropping off the alignment tool I've been needing..;) Now its dirty hands for a little while which is just fine with me..

Hot damn! Am I going to have to fly back out before winter to go for a ride!?:driving:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Hot damn! Am I going to have to fly back out before winter to go for a ride!?:driving:

That would be nice !! Would you like me to give you a list of items to bring along with you in the extra suitcase ??

LittleDcsRodShop
09-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Here you go Sean you can fly into Chattanooga this time... 1hr from me, 1:45ish from Chris & about the same from the ATL crew.. Centrally located for some disasterious bench racing !!

Dude! Sweet!
09-04-2009, 03:43 PM
That would be nice !! Would you like me to give you a list of items to bring along with you in the extra suitcase ??

I'll have to fly Kalitta Air if I'm going to bring a 22' suitcase though!

09-04-2009, 04:30 PM

+1 Wow. Not even the minority of "custom" boats have that kind of finish. Unbelievable.:USA:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-04-2009, 05:24 PM
I'll have to fly Kalitta Air if I'm going to bring a 22' suitcase though!

You bring the 22' suitcase & I will just fly out to Tims & then ride back east with you.. haha.. You guys know I'm short so I won't take up much room..

LittleDcsRodShop
09-04-2009, 05:40 PM
+1 Wow. Not even the minority of "custom" boats have that kind of finish. Unbelievable.:USA:

Thanks man !! As I said earlier about Dan's compliment.. I don't take that lightly !! (along with many others, even if some of them may happen to be from the "far left" haha) I goof off around here allot but in all seriousness It's really cool for me to hear that kind of stuff from people who have a clue about whats cool..

LittleDcsRodShop
09-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Taking home the bellhousing , coupler & anything else that may fit in the ragoneer for a good cleanup before getting ready to mount up...

(Klaw) if your out there in lurking around anywhere.. Thanks Again !!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Been working a bit at home over the holiday weekend.. I loaded up the motor & hauled it the short trip to start giving the ol'e girl some clothes & dressing her up a bit.. Trying to get ready to put'er'in'da'hole

I have since managed to get a few things bolted on it & will soon give a more recent pic than the one posted that was taken saturday evening.. Also attempt short history lesson on her in the future.. She's kinda a ho.. But in a good way..:biggrinjester:

Buoy
09-08-2009, 12:54 AM
Scotty, you are sick!!!
The motor looks great!
I'm starting to see where you are pulling all the colors together.
I wasn't questioning it, but I'm no Martha Stewart, but now seeing what you're doing, it's very tasteful, and it's timeless splashes of color. Very classy, and nothing that will date itself or is a fad.
That boat is going to look incredible!!
I commend you on your work.
If you need a week to getaway and vaca, I have a spare room here in AZ - bring your tools, I'll buy the beer:sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 12:57 AM
about to go throw another part'at'er..

On a side note If this thing doesn't break 60 on gps its getting a tripple stack of the big shot !!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Scotty, you are sick!!!
The motor looks great!
I'm starting to see where you are pulling all the colors together.
I wasn't questioning it, but I'm no Martha Stewart, but now seeing what you're doing, it's very tasteful, and it's timeless splashes of color. Very classy, and nothing that will date itself or is a fad.
That boat is going to look incredible!!
I commend you on your work.
If you need a week to getaway and vaca, I have a spare room here in AZ - bring your tools, I'll buy the beer:sifone:

Thanks bro !! Yeah I started overthinking as I often do & questioning color combo choices that I made over a year ago & I had to nip that in the bud real quick in the past few weeks.. I'm ready to see the big picture..

Buoy
09-08-2009, 01:22 AM
No, don't second guess yourself.
I see right where you are going with the colors and splashes.
Tasteful, not over the top, and not in your face.
It'll look great, and I recall seeing something similar on another 28 Saber about 10-12 years ago - Boats name was "Buzzin' Bye" - ran out of MI or Northern OH.
I think the owners name was DanB. (something).
You're on the right track my friend, and I can only imagine what that looks like in person just from the photos.

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 02:02 AM
No, don't second guess yourself.
I see right where you are going with the colors and splashes.
Tasteful, not over the top, and not in your face.
It'll look great, and I recall seeing something similar on another 28 Saber about 10-12 years ago - Boats name was "Buzzin' Bye" - ran out of MI or Northern OH.
I think the owners name was DanB. (something).
You're on the right track my friend, and I can only imagine what that looks like in person just from the photos.

I agree & I'm definatly heading in the direction originally intended.. I hope I give it a bit of its glory days history back !!

If I'm not mistaken thats one of Jerry's old 28's & had twin carbed 500's in it.. Actually seen a very distant shot of either it or the other of the three yellow 28 twins in extreme mag a year or 2 ago.. If I'm not mistaken one had a black hockey stripe(the twin 330) & the twin 500 boat had a deep purple stripe that looked black at a distance or in a pic..

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 03:17 AM
I must have missed the "hey its labor day" memo in the garage b/c its just after 3:00am & I'm just now about to take a shower after an evening of the art & science of proper component getting ready, proper fastner rounding up then cleaning , intalling & then tourqing, tool cleaning up & all the other stuff that always takes longer than it should no matter how many times you've done it in the past...

More pics to follow in a day orso.. As I have actually been trying to snap a few in progress for the reccord..

Dude! Sweet!
09-08-2009, 03:39 PM
the twin 500 boat had a deep purple stripe that looked black at a distance or in a pic..

A Deep Purple stripe huh?! Why do I hear a Hammond B6 organ blasting out "Hush" when I read that... :26:

Dude! Sweet!
09-08-2009, 03:41 PM
about to go throw another part'at'er..

On a side note If this thing doesn't break 60 on gps its getting a tripple stack of the big shot !!

One for me... one for the boat! Now I see why you're so damn crazy!

Don't try this at home kids! Scotty is a professional!

All kidding aside, everything looks awesome (as expected)!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 04:34 PM
Yeah I've been know to have a few popoff valves go off back in the day.. You think that could have affected my brain activity ? :huh:

You just thought those brown stains on the bottles were from sitting around the garage unused.. "Woops was that torch to close to that bottle ?? Man its getting kinda late & there's allot of people gonna be standing along side of the road like idiots.. I really hope the cops are somewhere asleep by now !!":biggrinjester:

Dude! Sweet!
09-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Yeah I've been know to have a few popoff valves go off back in the day.. You think that could have affected my brain activity ? :huh:

You just thought those brown stains on the bottles were from sitting around the garage unused.. "Woops was that torch to close to that bottle ?? Man its getting kinda late & there's allot of people gonna be standing along side of the road like idiots.. I really hope the cops are somewhere asleep by now !!":biggrinjester:

I got dizzy just reading this post! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Not that I'm endorsing or recomending it but for those that havn't done their share of good ole high stakes street racing in the late night hours please disreguard the last few post b/c they may not make much sence.. lol...

Just got in from a meeting & now I'm about to go out in the garage & do some work.. I will do my best to post atleast a somewhat decent shot of some of the progress over the weekend ..

LittleDcsRodShop
09-09-2009, 01:07 AM
Here is a quick pic from yesterday of what looks like not much but actually I got a good bit done over the weekend & however not so much this evening..

So far I got on the harmonic balancer, front motor mount, fuel pump block off plate, several oil plugs , flywheel, coupler, bellhousing , starter , water crossover, not to mention allot of parts & fastner cleaning.. I'm now working on the pain in the butt pulley situation (mainly the raw water pump & the powersteering) I am having to make the brackets for both of those due to a motor mount clearance issue & the fact that the p/s pump has to be mounted on the starboard side due to the blower.. It also has to nestle between the sea pump & the intercooler..

Like I said the pic is not much ..Also pay no attention to the bolts screwed in the starboard head.

phragle
09-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Not that I'm endorsing or recomending it but for those that havn't done their share of good ole high stakes street racing in the late night hours please disreguard the last few post b/c they may not make much sence.. lol...

Just got in from a meeting & now I'm about to go out in the garage & do some work.. I will do my best to post atleast a somewhat decent shot of some of the progress over the weekend ..

I do remember piloting an eclipse awd with 17+ boost at firehouse during the socal fast &furious days :sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
09-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Fast and furious? I think not... When I'm fast I'm happy! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-11-2009, 01:48 AM
I am making some progress.. However I just had a couple "one step forward, two steps back " days lately.. Anyways long story short I had an issue that I hope to fully resolve in the morning reguarding a minor detail that I personally overlooked on the flywheel.. Sooo 2 days of hardcore determination & studying then a quick phone call to the expert to re affirm my findings & re learn in 10 min. what took me 2 days !!

Thanks Eddie & if you get home & theres a flywheel sitting on your back porch its not a new TN door prop...

I did manage to mock up the blower agian tonight & work on some pulley's up front along with some accesory brackets..

Buoy
09-11-2009, 02:02 AM
Scotty - isn't it like 2 in the morning your time?>?
I don't know how you do it.
You must be a lot younger than my pushing 40.
(for the record, it's 11 here - and I'm tired)

MikeyFIN
09-11-2009, 02:39 AM
Thanks guys !!

And already in our team colours,
Besides this boat is the one that hooked me on the Saber way back whne introduced in the Powerboat Mag.

But what differs a Saber from other 28´s as the got Twin BBC´s and others mostly run singles?
I prefer twins always while at least pleasureboating.
Has to do with my dad´s mechanical skills while boating with him as a kid...

LittleDcsRodShop
09-11-2009, 08:30 AM
I didn't think there were other colors than yellow.. Lol !!

Actually the boat that tested in mags. was not mine.. I think they tested either the yeallow twin 330hp boat, or the twin 500hp boat.. When mine was a twin it had massive 605" n/a motors in it that made big power along with 2 speedy #5's hanging off the back so it would have really hooked you hard !! haha.. I know it worked for me when I seen it !! I would have Loved to had my hands on the boat as it was in its prime !!!

The majority of the 28's built had twins in them.. There are only about 4 other singles that I can think of (however that may not be completly accurate)

LEOPAJM
09-11-2009, 08:38 AM
The PBMag tester was the 500HP boat shown here in black and white unfortunately !
I should have never gotten rid of this one !!!

LEOPAJM
09-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Boat is really looking good Scott !

And trust me ... you don't want to have anything to do with that boat with the big power and #5 's !

There is a reason they took it apart when Jim was done with it !!! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-11-2009, 09:11 AM
Boat is really looking good Scott !

And trust me ... you don't want to have anything to do with that boat with the big power and #5 's !

There is a reason they took it apart when Jim was done with it !!! :sifone:

Thanks Jerry !!

On the big power & 5's, I would have been glad to have gotten ahold of it as it was..:sifone: Would it be an unforgetable experiance every time you turned the key.. ?? Yeah I would have to say definatly !! I've had the opportunity to have my hands on the wheel of many wild rides in my day, but yeah I'm sure N.E. would have been right near the top of the list !!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-11-2009, 09:17 AM
Oh yeah did I mention I just took care of my flywheel issue !!!! 2 days of :huh: then 15 min. of solving !!! Its the only way to go..:sifone::sifone:

I'm back on track & ready for the next head scratcher :huh: b/c as we would say here in the south I know it aint over yet !!

Dude! Sweet!
09-11-2009, 01:59 PM
Oh yeah did I mention I just took care of my flywheel issue !!!! 2 days of :huh: then 15 min. of solving !!! Its the only way to go..:sifone::sifone:

I'm back on track & ready for the next head scratcher :huh: b/c as we would say here in the south I know it aint over yet !!

Glad to hear you finally figured out that you were putting it on backwards... :biggrinjester:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-11-2009, 10:23 PM
yeah its kinda like that confusing "righty loosey lefty tighty thing" gets me every time.. Anybody know what end of the crankshaft the flywheel even goes on ??

Buoy
09-11-2009, 10:24 PM
yeah its kinda like that confusing "righty loosey lefty tighty thing" gets me every time.. Anybody know what end of the crankshaft the flywheel even goes on ??

Depends on the engine builder:rofl:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Okay so it may not look like much to most but to me its the sight of one more battle won !!

The Flywheel , Coupler , Bellhousing-(flywheel cover) , & starter are back on, all tourqed, starter properly shimmed & ready to roll..

Sooo long story short the flywheel I had was for a bellhousing mounted starter & not a block mounted like I am obviously using with the XR.. For anybody woundering what the differance is the ring gear on the flywheel for a bellhousing mount starter is on the rear of the flywheel as opposed to to front of the flywheel for a block mount.. Sad thing is that I was obviously the last one to use the flywheel on this motor when it was a twin turbo setup in another boat with a tranny.. So that just doubles my ignorance of overlooking the matter.. Anyways after many hours of racking my brain over what may appear to be a simple issue but really major one if I couldn't resolve it I got it figured out & now as you see its back togather , tested & ready to go.. All & all it ended up being a simple (that I made complex) fix by removing & re-installing the ring gear on the right side.. I knew this could be done but my hangup was that since I had never had to do that I was (out of ignorance again) looking at the machined "stop" or "seat" in the middle of the flywheel as part of the ring gear & thought the side that the gear needed to go on was approx. .020 to small in diameter for the gear to go on & I was doomed..

Enuff ring gear rambling... Maybe somebody else will learn from my simple oversight b/c I know I sure did & now I am a semi-certified flywheel specialist..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-14-2009, 10:03 PM
In the past few days I have had the front of the motor all mocked up with all the front end goodies including the supercharger & now I am in the process of comunicating with Vortech on my lower crank pulley to get the spacing just right since I was short the crankshaft accesory pulley in my kit..

Anyways the motor could be dropped in the boat tomorrow but I am attempting to get all the little "quirks" that Always comes with Any build out of the way before it goes in the hole b/c if you have never done it Trust me it gets really old climbing in & out of the bilge over & over again & always needing just one more tool.. There will be plenty of that during the rest of the rigging process anyways !!

Dude! Sweet!
09-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Keep up the good work, bud!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Not made a ton of progress in the past few days but did manage to get my water pump bracket finished.. Also got the ignition/coil/merc plug bracket all fabbed up & sent off to powdercoat along with a the superchager brackets..

LittleDcsRodShop
09-25-2009, 02:36 PM
A little postal birdie just dropped of 4 nice transom rings.. :sifone::sifone:

Thanks Chris !!!!

jdub
09-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Show me some pics man.....something....quit holden out!

LittleDcsRodShop
09-29-2009, 04:58 PM
No pics to post just yet as I'm in the waiting process again..

The crankshaft acessory pulley I have been needing from Vortech is officially on its way east as of yesterday.. I also just ordered the 9 pin merc. engine harness so hopefully that stuff will make it by the weekend..

Nothing ground breaking but progress indeed !!

Dude! Sweet!
09-29-2009, 06:18 PM

Thanks Chris !!!!

"Transom Rings" eh?! From Adam and Eve? :26:

LittleDcsRodShop
09-29-2009, 06:34 PM
"Transom Rings" eh?! From Adam and Eve? :26:

That took me a minute, as I thought you were getting theological on me..:huh:

"Yeah had to get some new ones b/c my others were to small for my pipe since its gonna be dry" :hat:

Buoy
09-29-2009, 10:47 PM
That took me a minute, as I thought you were getting theological on me..:huh:

"Yeah had to get some new ones b/c my others were to small for my pipe since its gonna be dry" :hat:

What does that say about me that I caught Seans line, and had to think about yours?
Damn me to hell I suppose...

duunoit
09-30-2009, 07:51 PM

Thanks Chris !!!!

After SEVERAL months... When I pulled your email to get your address I noticed that I told you I was going to send them back in May. Sorry about that.

At least they're there now.

LittleDcsRodShop
09-30-2009, 08:39 PM
After SEVERAL months... When I pulled your email to get your address I noticed that I told you I was going to send them back in May. Sorry about that.

At least they're there now.

Funny part is that it never effected the time frame, so they still arrived on time..haha..

We will get togather on your green machine engine parts whenever you are ready just say the word..

duunoit
09-30-2009, 09:09 PM
You going to try to make it to the OPA race?

If the boat is together for the PR, you know there is a seat for you.

LittleDcsRodShop
09-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Which OPA race ?? I didn't think they were doing Chattanooga this year ?

Thanks !! I still need to check out that PR info..

duunoit
09-30-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't know what I was thinking. I thought I saw something about Oct 11... Let me check the GTS database.

LittleDcsRodShop
09-30-2009, 10:27 PM
yeah let me know.. I hated that they had to cancel it last year & was hopping they would bring it back b/c it was a great race & all the teams loved it.. The downtown thing friday night was always cool as well.. If they have it I am definatly there, May even have to get some of the GA punks to come up !! Yeah you know who you are..

duunoit
10-01-2009, 07:00 AM
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/opa-glopra-bwora-popra/206984-2009-race-schedule-ecbrc-nj.html

http://www.bigbadboat.com/2009/05/racing-spotlight-kicking-off-opa-race.html

http://www.freezeframevideo.net/events.cfm

http://thejerseyboyz.homestead.com/

I knew I had seen it somewhere :D

LittleDcsRodShop
10-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Wow that looks like it may be on then..? Opa's site does not have it on the schedule ?? I will see what I can find out..

duunoit
10-01-2009, 09:42 AM
I don't think it's happening because it isn't on any of the SBI/OSS/OPA schedules. :(

LittleDcsRodShop
10-01-2009, 09:56 AM
I just shot an email to Travis from the Pirate crew.. He will know the full scoop..

LittleDcsRodShop
10-05-2009, 01:23 AM
Been pretty busy this weekend & actually forgot which thread we were talking about the race..(that may be more of just getting older than anything) Anyways I heard back from Travis & its definalty off, which I don't have to tell you really sucks !! But the poker run is the next weekend so I may try to make it down there for that, time permiting..

duunoit
10-05-2009, 10:07 AM
poker run is the weekend after that (24th) so I still have a little time. I've got a 4 day weekend between here and there so we'll see.

LittleDcsRodShop
10-13-2009, 01:41 AM
All the parts are back from powdercoat & mounted up.. Wiring harness is in & mouted up on the engine (however I still have to wire it in.) The ignition box is also mounted as is the coil.. Supercharger is mounted up.. Crank accesory pulley finally arrived & with a little tweaking all my belts are finally lined up to where I want them.. The Jabsco has a new impellor & is mounted up, also the p/s pump.. The alternator is on & lower mount all fabbed up (although I do have to pull it back off & take it to the alternator pimps of town)

Anways it is moving along.. Here is a quikie shot from the cell phone taken a few nights ago.. The belts along with a couple other items are on there mearly for mockup.. Before somebody asks if I really plan on running zip-tied belts, or just a regular ole curburator on er..:rolleyes:

I've been attempting to work on it as much as I can between life happening.. Long story short last week my buddy who was getting my powdercoat work done for me by another friend of ours had his house catch fire last monday night.. Along with his wife & two small kids he got out ok & only suffered some minor smoke inhalation due to him trying his best to put it out.. Along with the million other things he lost was a Super Slick big supercharged power mustang cobra he has had & been building on for 10 years.. I was in the process of doing some work on it when the fire happened (to bad it was a fairly small part that unbolted so it was the only part at the shop) He also lost a nice 88gt that he has had since he was 17, along with an average early 90's driver F150.. Worst part of the vehicles is that those only had liability coverage.. Out of his other 2 vehicles with full coverage only one was minorly damaged.. It really breaks my heart b/c he's a True hottrodder, just a regular do-it-yourself dude who has busted his butt & labored not only for but on every cool toy he has ever had !! His exact words to me on the Cobra was "It was the car I always wanted but never could afford"

Despite his world temporarily being torn apart & several coversations from me telling him not to worry about my parts, he still managed to get them back from the powdercoater on schedule & I finished up final buffing on his rear spoiler that he will not be using for a while today.. Good part is he is a man of charactor that realizes things could have been allot worse & he's relentlesly ready to start over..

Here is a shot of progress & a couple shots in memory..

Buoy
10-13-2009, 01:57 AM
Scotty, that motor is looking great!!

But, from your recant, I can't help but to feel bad for your buddy.
Very sorry to hear that, and I guess that to have him and his family safe and unharmed, well, that's what really counts.
Stuff can be replaced.
Family first - the stuff will come and go, It always does.
I'm just glad they made it out safe.

Dude! Sweet!
10-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Scotty, as I said in my other message, what happened to your buddy sucks. I'm really sorry to see that. Seems like too many people have had sh-tty things happen to them, and although it's only a slim consolation for him, as Tim said, at least everyone's still breathing.

duunoit
10-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Scott,

Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope they can get everything back together. Some homeowners insurance will cover more things than you think.

LittleDcsRodShop
10-15-2009, 12:28 AM
Thanks Tim, its slowly getting there..

Yeah I hear you guys it really sucks for anybody to have to go through something like that but glad the "real" irreplacibles are still around & well !! As I said he's a great guy & a hotrodder at heart and understands that it will definatly be a long uphill battle & challange no doubt.. but as said "things" can & will be replaced.. We've all either been through crap, are currently going through crap, or will eventually go though crap at some point in our life b/c Nobodys exempt.. So I guess its how we handle & play the cards we're delt that counts..

LittleDcsRodShop
11-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Obviously not been updating much.. I've had allot going on in several areas & not gotten a chance to get out in the garage here at home much in the past couple weeks.. Been busy just not on the boat.. However I have managed to find time to pretty much finish up (alteast for now) my semi-retro cherokee over the weekend that I've been working on & driving for a little while.. Its just not everyday you see a lowered, satin black, woodied with a set of vintage steelies 4dr cherokee running around. (maybe for a good reason) haha..

Anyways I did get out in the garage for a bit tonight & got my accessory belts all sized up & ready to stop by the parts store tomorrow to get those taken care of.. Also finished up some fine tunning port work on my remote oil filter adaptor sometime last week..

That leads me up to one of the coolest thing I've witnessed in a while : I got a call this morning from my buddy who (mentioned above) lost his house & vehicles in a fire a little less than a month ago.. Long story short he got home from church sunday morning & there was a nice black low milage 94 Cobra sitting in the driveway of the house they are staying at with a typed out note sitting in the drivers seat telling him that the keys are under the floormat along with the clear title thats signed over to him !! :cool::cool:

Buoy
11-03-2009, 01:14 AM
WOW!! How freaking cool is that?!!
That's an incredibly nice gift by the person/people that were involved.
After being through what he's been through with the house and loss, to have someone(s) do something that nice would set me to tears, and also give me a little more faith in my fellow man.

You know, I've said for a long time, as a general rule, I hate people.
I've always said that, because I'm very selective about those that I hold close. I don't have a lot of friends, but those that are my friends know that they can count on me for whatever help they need.
I'm not biased on race, religion, politics, education level, nationality, location... just in general, I hate people.

I've begun to realize over the past year or so, that there are a lot of people that I interact with on a regular basis, and they are amazing people. I'm proud to be surrounded by some of the people that I have now, that I consider my friends.

It's just too bad that they are spread so far across the country, or in some cases the globe.
Why do I feel like singing the song and "buying the world a Coke"...:)

Sorry to sidetrack/hijack, that's just what I do - for the record, Scotty hijacked his own thread:sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
11-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Here you go since I don't have any updated boat pics & havn't been on here much latley.. Heres a not so exciting shot of the out of the box remote filter adaptor & then two of it in its finish ported, ready to go & flow state it will be used in.. (the second shot makes the flow into the outer fitting appear distorted, as does the 3rd pic with the inner fitting but its the angle of the shots as you can see in the both pics.) Point is the oil flow is smooth & completely un-interupted now..

LittleDcsRodShop
11-03-2009, 01:27 AM
Here's a quickie shot of the jeep.. Its nothing to special but its paid for & runs like a champ !! I still have to make some upper & lower mouldings to seperate the woodgrain & the black, but that will come in due time..

LittleDcsRodShop
11-03-2009, 01:35 AM
WOW!! How freaking cool is that?!!
That's an incredibly nice gift by the person/people that were involved.
After being through what he's been through with the house and loss, to have someone(s) do something that nice would set me to tears, and also give me a little more faith in my fellow man.

You know, I've said for a long time, as a general rule, I hate people.
I've always said that, because I'm very selective about those that I hold close. I don't have a lot of friends, but those that are my friends know that they can count on me for whatever help they need.
I'm not biased on race, religion, politics, education level, nationality, location... just in general, I hate people.

I've begun to realize over the past year or so, that there are a lot of people that I interact with on a regular basis, and they are amazing people. I'm proud to be surrounded by some of the people that I have now, that I consider my friends.

It's just too bad that they are spread so far across the country, or in some cases the globe.
Why do I feel like singing the song and "buying the world a Coke"...:)

Sorry to sidetrack/hijack, that's just what I do - for the record, Scotty hijacked his own thread:sifone:

Very well put Tim !!

Btw: You never have to worry about hijacking one of my threads b/c as you said my threads are like a few others they are always subject to head in many directions at any given time !!

Buoy
11-03-2009, 01:45 AM
Here you go since I don't have any updated boat pics & havn't been on here much latley.. Heres a not so exciting shot of the out of the box remote filter adaptor & then two of it in its finish ported, ready to go & flow state it will be used in.. (the second shot makes the flow into the outer fitting appear distorted, as does the 3rd pic with the inner fitting but its the angle of the shots as you can see in the both pics.) Point is the oil flow is smooth & completely un-interupted now..

You just can't leave anything alone, can you?
Always have to tweak it a little bit.
You must've been a chronic masturbater in your early teens:26:

Just kidding bud, you just amaze me with the time and work you put into some of these things.
I can't wait to see this project completed.

Dude! Sweet!
11-05-2009, 12:34 PM
He must still be in his "early teens"... Ha ha ha!

LittleDcsRodShop
11-05-2009, 01:53 PM
I somehow missed Tim's last post.. You guys arn't right on many levels !! But on a seriouse note: Who wasn't chronic?? :biggrinjester:

LittleDcsRodShop
11-07-2009, 03:07 AM
So I stopped on the way home from the shop to pick up my p/s, raw wtr. pump & Alt. belts today & I actually got to come home with 2 of them.. I'm picking the other up sometime tomorrow.. B/c I just can't be running a grean belt.. I know what you guys would think "the redenck is running a friking garden hose through a superchager barcket & up to the power steering pump !!" "sad part is it took him 2 weeks to come up with that crap !!"

LittleDcsRodShop
02-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Not much going on lately besides attempting to keep the boat out of the classifieds & not sure how well I'm succeding at that..:confused:

Anyways I managed to get some time in on the drive today.. Long story short last time I hade the Pantera out I must have hit some of our good lake trash b/c I noticed a small nick in the leading edge of one of the skegs.. (about half a pencil eraser sized) I got it welded up a while back & then ground it down & smoothed it out nicely so I could refinish it.. Anyways I drug it out yesterday evening then pulled the lower off today & got it in primer.. I posted a before primer shot so you redneck's didn't think this redneck just filled it with body filler !! haha..

Buoy
02-05-2010, 12:40 AM
Not much going on lately besides attempting to keep the boat out of the classifieds & not sure how well I'm succeding at that..:confused:

Anyways I managed to get some time in on the drive today.. Long story short last time I hade the Pantera out I must have hit some of our good lake trash b/c I noticed a small nick in the leading edge of one of the skegs.. (about half a pencil eraser sized) I got it welded up a while back & then ground it down & smoothed it out nicely so I could refinish it.. Anyways I drug it out yesterday evening then pulled the lower off today & got it in primer.. I posted a before primer shot so you redneck's didn't think this redneck just filled it with body filler !! haha..

You came this far, and didn't do a nose cone while you were at it??

Not sure if it would do any good or not, but they look pretty tough.

The work looks great as always.
I might just take a few weeks unemployed, and bring my boat to your shop.
Maybe then it will start moving forward to getting back on the water.

LittleDcsRodShop
02-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks Tim, I did consider a nose cone & yeah not real sure that it would do much either.. I just figured it would be something else to mess with.. Not that I concern myself or give it much thought, but allot of people have a tendancy to be scared of a drive with a nosecone & rightfully so b/c allot of them that are put on should never have been put on the way they are.. Esp. by a body man !! :ack2:

jdub
02-05-2010, 04:57 PM
3 months and all you got to show is a nose cone.......haha just busting balls. What's up man, I was getting worried about you. Thought we were gonna have to put out a APB :cheers2:

LittleDcsRodShop
02-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah John you've had time to turn atleast 2 boats since my last post !! Hows the krypto coming along ??

jdub
02-05-2010, 06:44 PM
Yeah John you've had time to turn atleast 2 boats since my last post !! Hows the krypto coming along ??

Not much going on here either. Still kinda cold (no heat in shop) to roll some gel in the cabin. I guess I could get a small electric heater to throw in there but I'll just wait a little longer. Not much to do until I get the motor dropped in and do a little rigging.

Think the notorious one will get wet this season?

LittleDcsRodShop
02-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Gave the primer a couple of hours under the heatlamp early this morning & for some reason it really started shinning !!

LittleDcsRodShop
02-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Not much going on here either. Still kinda cold (no heat in shop) to roll some gel in the cabin. I guess I could get a small electric heater to throw in there but I'll just wait a little longer. Not much to do until I get the motor dropped in and do a little rigging.

Think the notorious one will get wet this season?

Are you keeping your power the same or got a trick or two for it ? Those are great running boats from what I hear !!

Not sure on mine..?? Trying to keep it in my shop & out of somebody else's but we'll see ??

jdub
02-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Are you keeping your power the same or got a trick or two for it ? Those are great running boats from what I hear !!

Not sure on mine..?? Trying to keep it in my shop & out of somebody else's but we'll see ??

It's getting freshened up. Nothing crazy though. Looking to do a real 85mph....with 3 people, full tank of gas, against the current and wind :sifone:

I hear ya man. It's cheaper to keeper......you can't stop now. You'll be fine.

Dude! Sweet!
02-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Looks better on the computer than the phone. Nice work bud!

Nobody's buying anyhow, don't get yourself all worked up about selling. :sifone:

Buoy
02-06-2010, 01:51 AM
Gave the primer a couple of hours under the heatlamp early this morning & for some reason it really started shinning !!

Scotty, that looks great!!
How much would you charge me to do the same to my drive?

LittleDcsRodShop
02-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks guys !! & Yes sean you are a bad infuence.. haha..

Tim you have a PM

LittleDcsRodShop
02-06-2010, 02:21 PM
It's getting freshened up. Nothing crazy though. Looking to do a real 85mph....with 3 people, full tank of gas, against the current and wind :sifone:

I hear ya man. It's cheaper to keeper......you can't stop now. You'll be fine.

That will be a sweet ride !! Not sure what it takes hp wise on the krypto's, what they weigh ect.. but what are you looking for maybe 600-650 to get you there ?? Yeah you gotta watch that wind, current, & size of your passengers.. haha.. Man a full tank of gas does sound nice !! :sifone:

I just noticed you guys don't have a kryptonite section over here ?? I'm dissopointed I thought you were a man of great infulence ??
That being said feel free to jack my thread up at any given moment..

jdub
02-07-2010, 07:07 PM
That will be a sweet ride !! Not sure what it takes hp wise on the krypto's, what they weigh ect.. but what are you looking for maybe 600-650 to get you there ?? Yeah you gotta watch that wind, current, & size of your passengers.. haha.. Man a full tank of gas does sound nice !! :sifone:

I just noticed you guys don't have a kryptonite section over here ?? I'm dissopointed I thought you were a man of great infulence ??
That being said feel free to jack my thread up at any given moment..

It did low 80's with 500 so 600 or so should be close.........we'll see.

Shhhhh...Kryptonite section? :leaving: The mere mention of it over in the Pantera section had Dude's panties bunched up........I don't want to taint the Saber section too :D

LittleDcsRodShop
02-07-2010, 11:56 PM
It did low 80's with 500 so 600 or so should be close.........we'll see.

Shhhhh...Kryptonite section? :leaving: The mere mention of it over in the Pantera section had Dude's panties bunched up........I don't want to taint the Saber section too :D

I know those boat run well..

No worries on jacking this thread, there isn't enuff action over here to taint this side of the forum.. As far as dude's panties goes I'm pretty sure he wears a speedo at all times !! :bump:

:biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

Buoy
02-08-2010, 01:43 AM
I know those boat run well..

No worries on jacking this thread, there isn't enuff action over here to taint this side of the forum.. As far as dude's panties goes I'm pretty sure he wears a speedo at all times !! :bump:

:biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

I just assumed he goes commando at all times, and have really made sure not to give it anymore thought than to accept it, and make it a point not to look down if he's around.

For the record, I only go commando 50% of the time, so you never know. The risk you take is your own.

jdub
02-08-2010, 06:23 AM
I go commando myself.......so in that case here's one for the Dude! :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
02-09-2010, 12:18 PM
I just assumed he goes commando at all times, and have really made sure not to give it anymore thought than to accept it, and make it a point not to look down if he's around.

For the record, I only go commando 50% of the time, so you never know. The risk you take is your own.

That almost made me piss my pants when I read it !!

LittleDcsRodShop
02-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Funny part is when you leave the house for just a short trip down the road & don't really feel like a "complete outfit" is quite neccesary then when you get back home your wife looks at you, realizes what she already expected, laughs & says "what if you had a wreck" Then all those thoughts as a child comes back of your grandmother telling you to make sure you have on clean underware before leaving the house.. I think we have taken that to (in the words of the mad tv guy) "a whole notha leval"

LittleDcsRodShop
02-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Great looking boat John !!

Dude! Sweet!
02-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Technically, you're both right. I go commando under my pants, but I wear a speedo on the outside of my pants. It's cool. It looks like a codpiece from a distance.

Dude! Sweet!
02-09-2010, 07:16 PM
And frankly, I want to know why they don't have a Sanger OR a Hydrostream section over here!? I mean damn, you'd have to be very Serious to run either of those offshore! :sifone:

(Reminds me of a buddy who took a Cole flatty over to Long Beach for lunch one day.)

jdub
02-09-2010, 08:37 PM
And frankly, I want to know why they don't have a Sanger OR a Hydrostream section over here!? I mean damn, you'd have to be very Serious to run either of those offshore! :sifone:

(Reminds me of a buddy who took a Cole flatty over to Long Beach for lunch one day.)

I see now. You don't think a Kryptonite is in the same catagory of boats as either say.....Pantera or Saber? To flat for offshore huh? You can't be Serious....

Dude! Sweet!
02-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Aw c'mon John, I got nothing against Krypos... They're one of my favorite copies of a Superboat that's out there right now.

jdub
02-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Haha...that's no secret. But for 2 points who did Superboat copy it from? Besides every boat you've ever ridden in has been a copy of a copy.

Dude! Sweet!
02-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Oh oh, no fair turning this into a quiz... Lets keep this on track.

So better quiz then, what was our '64 Chris-Craft Cavalier a copy of?

jdub
02-10-2010, 04:25 AM
Ah come on that's easy....Noah was building them long before the Smith brothers were :sifone: hahaha you know what I mean. Every boat design is a copy or atleast "influenced" by some other design.

In Krypto's case, your correct, it was copied from a Superboat. And Superboat copied Linder's Challenger. Which I think we can agree is a good design to start from. It was good enough for Apache too. Which now that I think about it, Saber has a bit of Apache heritage also. So now we've come full circle. See I'm talking about Saber's in the Saber section. :)

I just messing with you...I told you it's winter over here, I'm just jealous of you guys on the west side because I have to go get ready to plow 2' of snow for the second time this week :ack2:.....:cheers2:

Dude! Sweet!
02-10-2010, 12:07 PM
And you know I'm just f'in' around with you too. No worries. :sifone:

LittleDcsRodShop
02-10-2010, 12:39 PM
When I read through this earlier today, I thought I was gonna have to set up a "confrence call" & "confrence call" it would be b/c after all this comando talk there was no way I was gonna use the phrase 3-way for anything !!!

jdub
02-10-2010, 01:18 PM
Nah, it's all good. It's hard to "get" someone's personality sometimes without actually meeting them. But I think we all have a good handle on it. F the confrence call.....we need to hash things out over 2 or 12 beers in say...KW at the races this year :cheers2: I thought I remember some talk about this year being the year a few were going????? What's the word???

Dude! Sweet!
02-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Nah, it's all good. It's hard to "get" someone's personality sometimes without actually meeting them. But I think we all have a good handle on it. F the confrence call.....we need to hash things out over 2 or 12 beers in say...KW at the races this year :cheers2: I thought I remember some talk about this year being the year a few were going????? What's the word???

KW this year is my plan. Most people don't "get" my personality after knowning me for years. I assume they just can't believe that someone could actually have such a poor one... :sifone:

jdub
02-10-2010, 05:07 PM
KW this year is my plan. Most people don't "get" my personality after knowning me for years. I assume they just can't believe that someone could actually have such a poor one... :sifone:

KW is my plan also. This will be my fourth year in a row. Have you been before?

I find that a proper introduction helps....something like "Hello, my name is John and I'm the most sarcastic assshole you'll ever meet" :seeya:

Dude! Sweet!
02-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Been to KW a bunch of times, but never for the worlds. The internet is tough. When people meet me in person, they can usually smell the liquor on my breath and so they know what they're in for...

Dude! Sweet!
02-10-2010, 10:12 PM
You remember when I glued the wing of that B17 to my bird?

Bobcat
02-10-2010, 11:48 PM

WTF is knowning? some sort of psychotic Buffalo/L.A. whitebonics ? and to think I almost nominated you for the cowbell peace prize (this is very funny if you are drunk):leaving:

Buoy
02-11-2010, 01:30 AM

You're on!!
I'm not sure if 12 will cover it for me or Dude, but if that's all ya got, I'll hang for a bit...

What's scary is that I knew you right away, and other people don't understand for years??
Maybe I need some therapy...
Preferably the kind with the "happy ending":)

Been to KW a bunch of times, but never for the worlds. The internet is tough. When people meet me in person, they can usually smell the liquor on my breath and so they know what they're in for...

KW is a must for this bunch this year.
I'm still working out desert Storm.
Sean, I may be in a sleeping bag next to the trailer.
On a serious note, do you want me to help crew with the boat??
Or better yet, are you going to be ready??
Seriously, If you want a hand in taking care of the boat, I'm there bud.
Just no speedo's:ack2:

WTF is knowning? some sort of psychotic Buffalo/L.A. whitebonics ? and to think I almost nominated you for the cowbell peace prize (this is very funny if you are drunk):leaving:
You can always use more cowbell.
When we put this together, you are obligated to be there.
Bobcat, Pantera (Panther), pretty close. Cheap beer, but surprisingly shots of good booze. Arrest are usually only misdemeanors. You'll fit right in.

Dude! Sweet!
02-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Bobscat! Oh mama! That might be a nice new website for Ratman! :sifone:

jdub
02-11-2010, 07:36 PM
I'll hang until one of you gets "curious" and wants to wonder down the wrong end of Duval. Not pointing any fingers....but Scotty did some how mention something about an all male 3-way.....................

Buoy
02-11-2010, 08:07 PM
I'll hang until one of you gets "curious" and wants to wonder down the wrong end of Duval. Not pointing any fingers....but Scotty did some how mention something about an all male 3-way.....................

That leaves me out!

You, Scotty, and Dude are on your own on that one...:eek:

LittleDcsRodShop
02-11-2010, 08:08 PM
Hey John, when we said bring your jacket we ment something more along the lines of a "lifeline" or at least an old stearns or something because If you get thrown out of the boat I doubt the black one you got on in that pic. is gonna help much..

Buoy
02-11-2010, 08:11 PM
This thread just went Stecz...:eek:

Dude! Sweet!
02-11-2010, 09:00 PM

I told all you homos, only in jail! I mean I like you, I just don't "like" like you...

LittleDcsRodShop
02-11-2010, 09:50 PM
Anybody here anything about some sort of boat show in So. FL this weekend ??

Dude! Sweet!
02-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Hotboat has a magazine?! :sifone:

Buoy
02-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Where's Conkie???:confused:

LittleDcsRodShop
02-11-2010, 10:33 PM
How bout them Saint's

LittleDcsRodShop
02-12-2010, 02:32 AM
I would really hate to see this thread get off track for any reason, :huh: so heres a quick update..

I had a found few extra hours earlier this week so I decided to pull the plastic off the engine hatch, drag it out from its dungeon & get it ready for paint by the end of the week.. Anyways I have had the areas of it that I'm painting in primer for quite a while now, however upon final inspection by inspector #9 himself I had a few places that I wasn't happy with so depending on my workload maybe next week ??

LEOPAJM
02-12-2010, 09:42 AM
I would really hate to see this thread get off track for any reason, :huh: so heres a quick update..

I had a found few extra hours earlier this week so I decided to pull the plastic off the engine hatch, drag it out from its dungeon & get it ready for paint by the end of the week.. Anyways I have had the areas of it that I'm painting in primer for quite a while now, however upon final inspection by inspector #9 himself I had a few places that I wasn't happy with so depending on my workload maybe next week ??

Thats good stuff buddy ! You are right .... how bout you post a few more pics to get us back on track here ... maybe a few of the cabin area ?
:driving:

LittleDcsRodShop
02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Here is the only cabin shot I have on the computor right now.. I just crawled up in there & took a few more, however the chord for my camera is at home so I will upload them this evening & see if they turned out halfway decent.. This posted pic gives the appearance that the cabin is quite a bit smaller than it actually is, but gives a general idea.. The pic also gives it a lighter tone to the light gray.. What I really wanted to do was take a nap when I got in there !! Man I love this boat !!! The stowage compartments under the v-berth still smell strongly of gelcoat when you lift them.. Its like her perfume to me !!

Dude! Sweet!
02-12-2010, 05:44 PM
I better not post the text message photos I got... Ha ha ha. Wow, never even thought about the cabin. Looks clean!

LittleDcsRodShop
02-12-2010, 06:02 PM
You should have seen it when I ripped it in several pieces with a skill saw !! haha.. all for something like 1 1/2" & a 25 degree orso angle change on the nose of it, that 99% of the world would never realize its gone untill you told them & then they would say something like "okay, yeah I see" Story of my life.. haha

Yeah, I gotta say the cabin is pretty nice in my opinion.. You cant see it in those pics but just before the "lounge" seats (?) it has a recessed cooler on each side.. nice sized stowage locker when you crawl in on the Lt side, great access to dash wiring on the Rt side & a good amout of stowage in under the v-birth as well.. I could be wrong but I would be surprised if J.D. even knew what it looked like in there.. haha..