PDA

View Full Version : Racing Offshore This Weekend...

Coach
05-11-2009, 01:19 PM
An Instigators Point of View...

It's Monday the week of... in 4 days teams will be assembling to race, and compete in a daring and courageous challenge along a razors edge of danger and risk, at high speed in the water! Some of you will participate, attend as spectators, and for all the other reasons combined.

Whether you can witness any powerboat racing or not this weekend, in person, word has it, you will see it on network television this fall. If you can be in Marathon, FL. as a spectator or competitor, seriously consider it! This sport and interest, needs every element of it, to show up.

For the competitors, this is a sanctioned qualifying race, leading up to a shot at the National Championship Title, sanctioned by U.I.M. Internationally, and APBA Offshore in North America (Nationally). A national sanctioning credibility, from APBA through alot of hardwork for an offshore distinction, by Mike A. in St. Petersburg, FL., then merged with SBIP.

The National Championship will be held along the shores of one of North America's favorite beach's, Clearwater Beach, FL. a new venue, that will live up to the highest expectations. From the best hospitality, to the coolest beach loving community in the country. Every aspect of what will make this an incredible event to work towards is in play.

Unique to Clearwater Beach as the site for the National Championships is the viewability, for the spectators... and the fast track on actual offshore conditions! The entire race course will be within your view, even if your standing on the beach, in the sand! The race course is naturally pushed by shallow waters out into deeper seas, as the straight away along the shoreline progresses... Spectators will be able to attend the spectacle from every vantage conceivable... with the boats never leaving your view, around a bend or so far down the beach there out of sight.

The helicopters flying in persuit, the entire spectacle on water, as if someone built a Daytona Speedway in the Gulf of Mexico! Inject the whole scene with network sports television coverage, and this is going to go to a whole other level! But, you got a qualify and participate, offshore racers. The next qualifying opportunity is in Marathon, Florida in 4 days!

Get your teams and your boats to Marathon, and as many of the SBIP events needed, so you can be apart of the history we will make in Clearwater, on October 2nd thru the 4th! Then we can enjoy watching the spectacle on television next winter. Get in the race....

Coach
The Clearwater Beach SBIP National Championship Instigator!

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-11-2009, 02:01 PM

Offshore Super Series comes to Lake Cumberland this weekend too!

For the first time ever, Lake Cumberland welcomes the biggest and baddest in speed boat racing as the OSS racing series makes it's much anticipated debut to south central Kentucky!

Covered by major media outlets like FOX SPORTS and Performance Boats Magazine, come be a part of the biggest event of the year as the NASCAR attitude hits the waves of Lake Cumberland!

For more info http://www.lakecumberlandgrandprix.com/

Coach
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
That's awesome! Perfect!

XtremeRacing
05-11-2009, 11:49 PM
Ray,
Will u be in Marathon for the show ?

Coach
05-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Do I want to be there..... Oh yeh! Can I be there... yeh probably!

If I knew if JC is still ready to grab me by the neck or not! I've joined the ranks of the list of people who have bashed heads with the man! A 'loose cannon' he calls me! The 'bull in the china store', someone else called me years ago.

I know, intense guy, very passionate very capable of getting.... Also very on the offshore team at large! I subscribe to not throwing the baby out with the bath water, the whole not loving people in slices idea, taking the good with the bad thing.

We've done something miraculous in Clearwater Beach, so everyone is scrambling for credit cover...

I just want to be with the racers, and be at the spectacle... The Chamber of Commerce can deal with the volunteers, and the politicians!

Can you put a good word in for me, with....

Thanks Frank,

Ray:(

cigdaze
05-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Ray/Coach,
If you don't mind me asking, may I inquire as to who you are exactly? Do you have any affiliations with SBIP, the city of Clearwater, or any other organization? Are you paid to - or otherwise authorized to - post these press releases here and elsewhere? And if so, by whom? We have special programs available at SeriousOffshore.com for commercial advertising and promotions entities, so you may fall into one of those particular categories. You can PM me if it suits you better, but I'm sure I'm not the only one left wondering about your involvement.

Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards,
Nick
SeriousOffshore Administration

Coach
05-12-2009, 02:06 PM
It's all there mostly, just not the ugly personal attacks garbage junk. Keep it for the love of the sport.... idea rolling here.

Thanks for asking,

Ray

stevequick
05-12-2009, 03:17 PM
Ray/Coach,
If you don't mind me asking, may I inquire as to who you are exactly? Do you have any affiliations with SBIP, the city of Clearwater, or any other organization? Are you paid to - or otherwise authorized to - post these press releases here and elsewhere? And if so, by whom? We have special programs available at SeriousOffshore.com for commercial advertising and promotions entities, so you may fall into one of those particular categories. You can PM me if it suits you better, but I'm sure I'm not the only one left wondering about your involvement.

Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards,
Nick
SeriousOffshore Administration

Thanks Nick.

Ray, what appears to be your enthusiasm is commendable. I'm not sure what the extent of your involvement was in the Clearwater deal, but I and everyone who races boats thanks you for it.
Now you are promoting what looks to be an alternative to the Key West Worlds an Orange Beach race and I'm not really sure what else. God bless.
I would humbly suggest that you not steal all the thunder from your current project.
I appreciate that you are the "Instigator" and that is your style.
I would hate it if that style is what turns people who might otherwise join your cause, away from it. Particularly if it is a race in Orange Beach, one of my favorite venues.
These Teams and these Fans have seen it all and what they have seen the most of is big talkers with even bigger ideas who leave the sport worse off then they found it.
You might have some great ideas, and many of the answers to make Offshore better. You might also be throwing up smokescreens to enhance your own agenda.
Frankly I can't tell, and Nicks very courteous inquiry suggests I'm not alone.
You don't have to write a full page response to me. You can call or e-mail me anytime.
SQ
steve@stevequickjeweler.com
773 404 0034
SQ

SVL66
05-12-2009, 05:56 PM
I agree. I am glad Im not the only one who felt that way.

cigdaze
05-15-2009, 08:58 AM
It's all there mostly. Thanks for asking,
Ray
What is all [mostly] where? I've allowed you a few days to answer my questions, but perhaps you misunderstood, so I'll reiterate:

Do you have any affiliations with SBIP, the city of Clearwater, or any other organization? Are you paid to - or otherwise authorized to - post these press releases here and elsewhere? And if so, by whom?
If you are acting in any sort of professional capacity, we need to know. If you are simply a private individual with some zeal for the sport, that's okay, but we would appreciate a more detailed response.

SVL66
05-15-2009, 04:02 PM
What is all [mostly] where? I've allowed you a few days to answer my questions, but perhaps you misunderstood, so I'll reiterate:

If you are acting in any sort of professional capacity, we need to know. If you are simply a private individual with some zeal for the sport, that's okay, but we would appreciate a more detailed response.

It is my understanding from several reliable sources, if Ray was involved with SBI, or OSS, Clearwater wanted nothing to do them.