PDA

View Full Version : Worlds?

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Worlds is a overused name for a race. It is a championship race, but it has not been a worlds in many years. There are worlds in P1, X Cat, Baseball, and in many race club here in the states. None of them are Worlds in the true sense. At least Nascar Champions don't claim to be world champions. When the Worlds were the worlds boats came for around the world. For example in '87 there were 8 or more boats from Italy, There were boats from Argentinia, Trinidad, and more. You used to have to qualify.

Maybe its time to come up with something new. Worlds is worn out.
World Champion means little anymore. It has lost its luster.

It will be nice to see when some group comes up with a new name for their Championship. Something Cup or what ever.

Disclaimer: I am not saying this as an OSS racer, I am saying it as a racer.

XtremeRacing
05-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Maybe instead of changing the name we should all try harder to get more european boats to make the trip this yr.
I know Julie has spoke to a lot of the SS Cats (X Cats) time will tell.

Sean Stinson
05-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Slow down I have something in the works with a gentleman that may bring a true world championship back!!!!

Wahoo 214
05-11-2009, 09:41 AM
I agree with Jim. Unless there is only one championship for the entire World it should be called a National or Divisional Championship.

Is there a UIM "World Championship" overseas? If not I guess KW is the true Worlds it is just that few teams attend.

Sean Stinson
05-13-2009, 11:12 AM
We could call it the "Unified race for Global Domination"....I need a heart attack in a cup!!!

XtremeRacing
05-13-2009, 11:50 AM
lol

Ratickle
05-13-2009, 12:10 PM
I agree with Jim. Unless there is only one championship for the entire World it should be called a National or Divisional Championship.

Is there a UIM "World Championship" overseas? If not I guess KW is the true Worlds it is just that few teams attend.

Yes there is a WPPA Worlds overseas. The Mideast and the European branches have one. Ned would have to give more detail on it.

AugiePensa
05-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Unless I'm in left field with a hockey stick isn't Everyone (The USA & Overseas) invited to The Worlds in Key West, Fl. in November as they always have been. With that said it's gotta be a load of money and time and a pain in the A$$ to get all the equiptment over here. That would be my guess why they don't make it or they are still racing over there. Either way they are invited so tell me again...Why shouldn't it be called The World Championships?

T2x
05-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Unless I'm in left field with a hockey stick

Augie:

I love that quote.

:D

Sean Stinson
05-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Augie you forgot the Polo Horse part bud!!!!!

Pat D
05-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Augie my boy ...
When we were talking yesterday I wondered what was different.......
YOU HAVE THAWED OUT.............
Glad your long winter is over and you are back to your normal surly self..keep it going. :)
M

Wardey
05-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Unless I'm in left field with a hockey stick isn't Everyone (The USA & Overseas) invited to The Worlds in Key West, Fl. in November as they always have been. With that said it's gotta be a load of money and time and a pain in the A$$ to get all the equiptment over here. That would be my guess why they don't make it or they are still racing over there. Either way they are invited so tell me again...Why shouldn't it be called The World Championships?

Thank you Augie !!!! Dave

Wazzup Racing
05-14-2009, 04:31 PM

Augie, I heard another good one. I was in a bar the other day, Some guy comes up and says. I'm Fked up like a football bat." Perfect

XtremeRacing
05-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Augie,

Sounds like you r on the program, and it didnt even take you that long to figure it out ...lol

Coach
05-14-2009, 07:52 PM
:rofl:

lindeman
05-15-2009, 09:20 AM

UIM has got plenty of WC's, but only for their classes. Class-1 (WPPA) and P1 are the two classes being run as a series throughout various countries. The WPPA XCat series (6 litre) is run in UAE, but with a number of international entries. For offshore, UIM also have WC in class 3C (200 HP, old 2 litre) and 3B (115 HP, old 1.2 litre) - but this has really been a European Championships the later years.

In Turkey, they are running their special 225 HP series, with entrants from different European nations (don't know if they are trying to call it a WC)

Currently Class-2, V-24 (Bat boats) and ProVee do not have a WC.

The classes you are running in the US, does not comply with what is in the UIM (apart from 6 litre)...

Just for your information: To be a WC event in UIM, you will need at least five participants from two different nations (it was three nations a few years back).

Morten
US: #07 All Jack'd Up
Europe: C-4

AugiePensa
05-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Thank you, Thank You, Thank You!

Ratickle
05-15-2009, 10:45 AM
UIM has got plenty of WC's, but only for their classes. Class-1 (WPPA) and P1 are the two classes being run as a series throughout various countries. The WPPA XCat series (6 litre) is run in UAE, but with a number of international entries. For offshore, UIM also have WC in class 3C (200 HP, old 2 litre) and 3B (115 HP, old 1.2 litre) - but this has really been a European Championships the later years.

In Turkey, they are running their special 225 HP series, with entrants from different European nations (don't know if they are trying to call it a WC)

Currently Class-2, V-24 (Bat boats) and ProVee do not have a WC.

The classes you are running in the US, does not comply with what is in the UIM (apart from 6 litre)...

Just for your information: To be a WC event in UIM, you will need at least five participants from two different nations (it was three nations a few years back).

Morten
US: #07 All Jack'd Up
Europe: C-4

Welcome, your insight is appreciated.:)

Sincerely hope you enjoy the threads and the site. And fill us in a little on your overseas campaign.

Heck, I'll get greedy, start a thread to let us know the ins and outs of overseas programs.