PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

TYPHOON
05-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Why is it that JC does not get on the boards to promote this TV deal? As the CEO of SBI wouldnt you want to build credability to the teams you are trying to get. No offence to you Frank but are you even an employee of SBI? I know we can all call any time we want but just beacause someone tells me something on the phone doent mean thats what will happen. Most people prefer to see it in writting. I just find it odd that the CEO has nothing to print but his racers do. Man up and put your own sighniture on it if you mean it!
MD

XtremeRacing
05-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Randy,
You can see it in writing, the info. is on the front page of SBI's web. site.

Coach
05-10-2009, 12:09 PM
When I was in JC's office on Jan. 25th this year... to sign the letter of intent for the SBIP National Championships in Clearwater Beach, FL. he talked about why he doesn't get on the sites with me.

Reason's? Several.... Why? It's best for him to be in this layered scenario. No doubt about it, it's just good business, and he's been a good business man to hold his series together all this time. Not with standing the toes that have been stepped on....

Get to Marathon, and get on the train!

Ray Pusillo
:)

stevequick
05-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Why is it that JC does not get on the boards to promote this TV deal? As the CEO of SBI wouldnt you want to build credability to the teams you are trying to get. No offence to you Frank but are you even an employee of SBI? I know we can all call any time we want but just beacause someone tells me something on the phone doent mean thats what will happen. Most people prefer to see it in writting. I just find it odd that the CEO has nothing to print but his racers do. Man up and put your own sighniture on it if you mean it!
MD

Randy,
Any man (or woman) who races a boat is a friend of mine. I've told you I respect you as a Racer and someone who, to the best of his abilities is trying to help. But you know the answers to the questions you are asking. You seem frustrated and aggravated.

There is no reason for it. You have nothing to fear and everything to gain.

EVERYBODY ASSOCIATED WITH OFFSHORE WILL BENEFIT FROM THIS.

Next year when you go to a new city or a new city comes to you about a race, you will both be using these CBS Sports shows as an example. It will make life eaisier at the very least. How much good it could do if we all "man up" and participate is a staggering thought.

XtremeRacing
05-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Randy,
You say you want to see things in writing they mean more to you...I see schedules in writing that don't mean much, and talks about reality shows, Fox TV shows. Writing or talk doesn't matter either you beleave its going to be good for your team or not.
JC has spoke to most of the teams already,and all seem positive about the news.

Not sure who u r talking about in your statement about teams he is trying to get, teams that are interested and think it is something huge for them are calling. Be silly to wait for someone to call me if they had something I wanted or thought could benifit me.I would think the longer i waited the less my chances.Again just my thoughts on what i would do for my team.

TYPHOON
05-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Frank just answer me this then, when you make statements about SBI are those statements official SBI statements or just your opinion? If you are a SBI employee and have been given permission to speek for SBI thats good enough for me. If not then you are just another racer cheering for your org. I hope you understand where I am coming from as well.
Steve I am frustated. I do hope this works. If past history is a indication I am sceptical. When JC has someone else doing his typing it leaves the widow open for him to say I never said that. But if Frank has permission to post for SBI then I would like to know that.
MD

Pat D
05-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Randy......
You don't know me and I don't know you. With that being said, I have to put some facts out that maybe you can accept from me.........or dump it.
Neither Frank or I or Steve are employees of SBI and just because we try to explain a PART of what is going on, sometimes you just have to listen to what we are putting out and/or - take it and do what you want with it

I understand you don't want to call the SBI office. If you did, however, you could tell John exactly what we said and have him verify it.

I am fully aware that the rumor mill is probably going at breakneck speed, but you can take one thing to the bank

WE DON'T MAKE STUFF UP. Just because JC doesn't get on the computer - and that is his choice - DOES NOT MEAN THAT IT IS NOT TRUE.
I NEVER post anything that might be questioned.......and the only thing JC might say to me sometimes is "that is not for publication YET".

He NEVER says........"go on the boards and say this or that"......I AM NOT HIS TYPIST.

I don't know why you think it's so important that John should go on any website, when he is in his office every day with 3 or 4 phone numbers and welcomes ANYONE'S QUESTIONS.

You know what.........if you don't want to call any of those numbers, call mine. 305-393-0070

And I put that out there knowing full well Daredevil is going to write it down.
Thank God for caller ID.
Have a great day and don't yell at me, it's Mothers Day.
Pat D

Coach
05-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Consider this account of the guy, my eye witness...

SBIP Mothers Day Connection…

There will be those who will make a sappy comment.... In this current time of issues, and opportunities, for all of us. I thought at least some of you should know about the John Carbonell, and SBIP connection with Mother's Day.

All the vulgar insinuation you see from time to time, about our power boats and the 'psycho babble', that someone places on our interest in going fast on the water, put aside.... The fact that we all have mothers goes without saying. For the people involved in the sport as an endeavor, a passion, or just for the thrill. A heart warming thing happened to me last Jan. 2009.

As it will come out over time, I've been working on establishing a powerboat racing mecca in Clearwater Beach, FL. this past year. The capability of such a mecca, is a forgone conclusion, it was and is, way before I started pitching it, selling, and pushing it.

It's gotten batted around OSS, SBI... we're even talking about tunnel boats racing, at Coachman Park, along the water front there. It's all there.... The ideal venue! The dots needed to be connected, is all. We were connecting dots to setup a fall powerboat race.... Everyone including the Mayor Frank Hibbard, realized we needed to get proactive as a community and build on our natural assets.

The morning of the day I sat down with John Carbonell, the President of Super Boat International Productions, Inc. of Key West, FL., to sign a letter of intent, to bring the 2009 SBI National Championships to Clearwater Beach, John told me I had to wait, until after 2 PM. He needed to spend time with his mother first....

For those who know that JC lost his mother a few weeks later, it won't surprise them to hear me say, I'm grateful he took the time and had his priorities correct, that day.

John, great job on your getting the new TV package together for power boat racing. Congratulations for being the first to bring sanctioned powerboat racing to Clearwater Beach, FL. and I wish you well on this Mother's Day, when I know your mother is on your mind.

Ray Pusillo (Coach)
Official Clearwater Beach
Powerboat Racing Instigator!

XtremeRacing
05-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Randy,
The info. I put out is no secret and JC is aware of everything, as Pat said all I do is try to give you as much info. as possible and that can be release at the time.Its all pretty easy to verify, everything I posted is fact no smoke and mirrors. No different then i will post the Info. that I get in Marathon. Their are teams calling me ever day and thanking me for the info. They are happy to be kept abreast of whats going on, some dont have the time to follow it on the boards. If everything works out I've said numerous time dont know time will tell, but I have also said I don't see anything better. So and old saying is dont shoot the messanger. If you beleive its all bullsh*t then I guess don't read it. Its just facts I'm putting out there for teams that need as much info. as possible to move forward this yr.

TYPHOON
05-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks Pat and Frank, Now I know you both represent SBI and your post are what JC would say if he was posting himself. Im OK with that and just wanted to clairify it.
Happy mothers day to all you mothers out there and yes it is nice to know JC visited his mother in her time of need.
Coach good luck in Clearwater with your water ventures. It sounds like a killer plan and keep the town pumped.
MD

Pat D
05-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Your welcome.
Now with that understood, I will tell you one other thing.
After the papers were signed and the wait was over, JC told me that this was going to be a different ballgame this year.......things will start new.
So I asked him directly, if anyone was banned from racing with us because of past politics and differences.
He said, not really........the only thing he is going to enforce is that there is no negative stuff, to have a positive atmosphere at the sites and leave all the old crap (my word) behind.

Pat D.

Sean Stinson
05-10-2009, 09:50 PM
I can't leave you guys alone for five minutes......just kidding!!!!

XtremeRacing
05-10-2009, 09:58 PM
I can't leave you guys alone for five minutes......just kidding!!!!

Sean,

Its all good there has been no name calling and trash talking, that had a time and place. Now is the time to work together to move the sport foward.

Coach
05-10-2009, 10:18 PM
Marathon will be a step in this process.... a step. Then the next one and the next. If you can be in Marathon, go... Each team, each element of this should take a positive step forward. Let me help with a coaching story:

I had a sophmore football player crying in the huddle of the scout team, we were testing our number 1 defense in a practice scrimmage. Ok ladies, the boys are out there crying....! He wants to play, he's always sitting on the sideline, the head coach is a jerk, blah, blah blah. Anyway, I had to look that 110 lbs soaking wet kid in the eyes and reach inside him and contact his inner strength. "Son this is what we do, to be apart of a winning team!"

Long story short, he was the first kid down the field on the kick off squad in the first State Championship game in our school's history. We won the game by only two points, and every contribution and every effort by each team member caused us to have a winning chemistry, that was victorious no matter what the score board said.

Let's get through these practices, and preliminaries, and start being championship competitors, and participants. I just want to be there for the spectacle, and do this again and again....

This is the most incredible racing experience on earth!

Coach

Sean Stinson
05-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Sean,

Its all good there has been no name calling and trash talking, that had a time and place. Now is the time to work together to move the sport foward.

Trust me I have been working my ass off trying to get all the input I can and I have been taking steps to bring alot of people together for the betterment of the sport!!!!

XtremeRacing
05-11-2009, 12:24 AM
Sean,
The wheels r in motion already not much really left to do. It has to take it course now and see how it shacks out. That is always the problem everyone has different idea and directions they think it should go opinions are like A*s we all have one. But they r always just ides, we now have someone writing the ck so its kinda hard to think you r going to change the though process now. I'm sure SBI thinks the direction they r taking will work,lots of time and money has gone into this project it isn't something that has happen over nite it has been in the works for yrs. But as we all have said time will tell.

Sean Stinson
05-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Sean,
The wheels r in motion already not much really left to do. It has to take it course now and see how it shacks out. That is always the problem everyone has different idea and directions they think it should go opinions are like A*s we all have one. But they r always just ides, we now have someone writing the ck so its kinda hard to think you r going to change the though process now. I'm sure SBI thinks the direction they r taking will work,lots of time and money has gone into this project it isn't something that has happen over nite it has been in the works for yrs. But as we all have said time will tell.

I am not trying to change any one orgs course of action....My goal is to get ALL OF YOU to unify under one banner....In my opinion that banner was the APBA/UIM and I truly believe that it should be again as well as have the Europeans come here to race again as well....but I am just a stupid punk kid that had fun in every hayday that offshore racing ever experienced!!!!!

XtremeRacing
05-11-2009, 09:37 AM
I agree Sean, I have to admit some of the best day I had was racing F1 when we had 10-15 bosts in our class that was racing. Hopefully we can get back to where we were again.

Sean Stinson
05-11-2009, 09:40 AM
I agree Sean, I have to admit some of the best day I had was racing F1 when we had 10-15 bosts in our class that was racing. Hopefully we can get back to where we were again.

Hell modified and then SuperCat were great and F2 in 2000 had almost 30 boats going to turn 1

MANITIE
05-11-2009, 10:00 AM
The best think about every Org...any racer can call any Org if they have a question....I talk to JC just last week....and like always..he takes the time to talk to you and answers your questions....and the same gose for Smitty....he calls me or I call him on a regular basis....just to see how things are going or if I have a question.....another thing that Smitty dose which I think is great...after every OPA race Smitty calls some teams to thanks them for showing and ask then if they ahd a good time.....I have also talked to Ron and he also said if I have any questions to feel free to call him...

So we have 3 Org's that have open door to call them....which is a good thing...
I always felt if you have a question...to call the Org yourself to get your answers......

I have always got my info for SBI/APBA on here from Pat and Frank....and its a great thing to have them informing us on announcments.....

Sean Stinson
05-11-2009, 07:49 PM
I can say that I feel like I had very good and productive meetings today with 2 of the 3 orgs about doing a unified worlds that would be the first step in coming together as a whole again!!!

Coach
05-11-2009, 08:05 PM
I asked a top guy to do this last fall...

The point is, like any other major international competition, have the venue sites compete for the event hosting. Compete between the venue location communities, letting each site show the reasons why and how they best accommodate the activities, on every level and every element....

Getting professional about this (location qualifying) is a step in the respectability direction!

Coach

XtremeRacing
05-12-2009, 12:05 AM
I asked a top guy to do this last fall...

The point is, like any other major international competition, have the venue sites compete for the event hosting. Compete between the venue location communities, letting each site show the reasons why and how they best accommodate the activities, on every level and every element....

Getting professional about this (location qualifying) is a step in the respectability direction!

Coach

Good Point....

ThrottleUp Props
05-12-2009, 10:41 AM
When it comes to the "Worlds" there is no other place......Key West is the venue. It has nothing to do with the organization who is or isn't hosting the race.

There are many spectators who book thier rooms for the next year before they even leave. Many spectators have been going to Key West for the Worlds for over 20 years. The spectators are already in place with reservations. Poker runners already have thier reservations and plans in place.

There is going to be a major boating event in Key West in November, with or without the boat races.

Matt

AugiePensa
05-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Key West with Bubba! Ain't nothing like it. That's where The Jersey Boyz P4-13 will be God willing. There is only ONE WORLDS, Key West!

Coach
05-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Absolutely.... This should go without needing to be even said!

From a venue developer's perspective though, having a site capable of accommodating a spectacle the magnitude and the likes of which, a major international invitational event, drawing in spectators from all over the world, media, and everything else combined. We need to consider how to have 100 to 150 thousand spectators, on the shore and another 15 to 20 thousand in the water in spectator boats.

We did that in Orange Beach in 2003! There was a report of thousands of vehicles stuck in traffic... This is a location that has several routes in and out of it! We all can agree what an impact Orange Beach has had on improving offshore powerboat racing awareness!

Matt between you and me neighbor, Clearwater Beach should be in this consideration as well. Major events need major communities around them to succeed on every level.

Coach

Ratickle
05-12-2009, 11:11 AM
When it comes to the "Worlds" there is no other place......Key West is the venue. It has nothing to do with the organization who is or isn't hosting the race.

There are many spectators who book thier rooms for the next year before they even leave. Many spectators have been going to Key West for the Worlds for over 20 years. The spectators are already in place with reservations. Poker runners already have thier reservations and plans in place.

There is going to be a major boating event in Key West in November, with or without the boat races.

Matt

Key West with Bubba! Ain't nothing like it. That's where The Jersey Boyz P4-13 will be God willing. There is only ONE WORLDS, Key West!

A good point, except I do not remember the last year a foreign offshore team competed. Do you know?

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-12-2009, 11:23 AM
A good point, except I do not remember the last year a foreign offshore team competed. Do you know?

There may have been a few here and there , but I think '88 was the last big one.

What year were the Rib Boats there '93 maybe?

XtremeRacing
05-12-2009, 12:45 PM
I think with the new thing that are happening in Offshore and the Media coverage you will see more team makeing the trip. The issue is not if they want to come or not who wouldn't want to be part of the BIGGEST race in Offshore it is scheduleing.

XtremeRacing
05-12-2009, 12:48 PM

Matt

Matt,
Your right if it isn't broken why would you try and fix it. KW has always been the BIGGEST event in Offshore and that will never change.

Sean Stinson
05-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Guys dont get ahead of yourselves here....lets see what happens in Marathon boats, teams, media, all that stuff...then we can have a educated conversation that will be beneficial to the sport and racers....I want nothing more than to see a totally unified racing front. With that being said I will lay all the cards out with all the players after this weekend and I will say it again....We will either agree or disagree and thats the bottom line!!!!

XtremeRacing
05-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Guys dont get ahead of yourselves here....lets see what happens in Marathon boats, teams, media, all that stuff...then we can have a educated conversation that will be beneficial to the sport and racers....I want nothing more than to see a totally unified racing front. With that being said I will lay all the cards out with all the players after this weekend and I will say it again....We will either agree or disagree and thats the bottom line!!!!

Sean,

Marathon isnt going to make a differance. Boat count won't matter it will take time . Boat count is up to the teams not CBS, they will be there and do what they have to do. The show will go on with or without.

Sean Stinson
05-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Sean,

Marathon isnt going to make a differance. Boat count won't matter it will take time . Boat count is up to the teams not CBS, they will be there and do what they have to do. The show will go on with or without.

Easy Frank don't get worked up you have a valid point concerning the teams with that being said all I am stating is this is a huge oppurtunity to go forward and for EVERYONE to make some COMPROMISE to facilitate the beginnings of a "Unified Racing Front"....I will seee you in Marathon and make it a point to find you and you can brief me in great detail if you so wish!!!! I would love the oppurtunity to speak with you at length concerning the future of boat racing!!! Especially through eyes of those involved!!!!

Coach
05-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Great job, hang in there and everyone have great racing this weekend...

Wardey
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
There may have been a few here and there , but I think '88 was the last big one.

What year were the Rib Boats there '93 maybe?

'01 I beleive. When they came in by the crates? '03 we were in Orange Beach ? I think? Dave

Sean Stinson
05-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Frank nice talking with you we will hook up in Marathon I have to get a schedule of events.....

ThrottleUp Props
05-12-2009, 04:53 PM
'01 I beleive. When they came in by the crates? '03 we were in Orange Beach ? I think? Dave

Yes Sir,

I remember this as well...the shipping container was brought into the pits and they took the boat out of the container right there in the pits.

Julie

TYPHOON
05-12-2009, 06:05 PM
What good are worlds for the small teams if they cant afford to be there? Or dont they count. There are many teams up north that just cant afford to pay for a one week event in KW. Its a shame but that is the bottom line. I know it is what it is but its a shame. I believe Jupitor's worlds is like NO YEARLY FEE and A MINOR REG FEE that might even go back to the racers. What would happen if the over seas teams said they were having a worlds over there. Who would go?
MD

XtremeRacing
05-12-2009, 06:37 PM
What good are worlds for the small teams if they cant afford to be there? Or dont they count. There are many teams up north that just cant afford to pay for a one week event in KW. Its a shame but that is the bottom line. I know it is what it is but its a shame. I believe Jupitor's worlds is like NO YEARLY FEE and A MINOR REG FEE that might even go back to the racers. What would happen if the over seas teams said they were having a worlds over there. Who would go?
MD

The thought would be with the Huge amount of Media cover that Offshore will be getting soon it should be a lot easier for every team to get a advertiser. If and when that happen every team will be able to afford to go to the BIG SHOW.

TYPHOON
05-12-2009, 06:44 PM
News flash!!!! 95% of the small teams get little to no sponsorship money. Yes it would be easyer with TV but still very hard. And which worlds are you calling the BIG SHOW. I would suspect Jupitor FL.:seeya:
MD

BradH
05-12-2009, 06:54 PM

For the 2008 KW Worlds Morton and Henry brought All Jack'd Up back from Norway to race. I believe they intend race a few more over here before it goes back across.

XtremeRacing
05-12-2009, 07:36 PM
News flash!!!! 95% of the small teams get little to no sponsorship money. Yes it would be easyer with TV but still very hard. And which worlds are you calling the BIG SHOW. I would suspect Jupitor FL.:seeya:
MD

I dont know Randy, you tell me... Destin 07 hummmmm NOT and lets not talk about OSS 08 Worlds. I guess you thought KW 08 was a big enough show for you to come to and support the rest of the OSS teams racing. If or when OSS put on a World worth talking about then maybe we can debate about the BIG SHOW.

I havent trashed talked you at all or OSS, and I'm posting facts I cant help it if you dont like the facts, so if you feel you want to start again it goes both ways. I guess we can also talk some about the rest of your schedule for 09 for OSS and I mean the real schedule of signed races with contacts.

Wardey
05-12-2009, 09:26 PM
MD

Jupitor ???? Where the hell is that ???? Dave

Sean Stinson
05-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Randy and Frank please tone it down a bit......Randy I haven't forgotten about the little guys and as well I am not going to forget about the open cockpit guys either!!!!

F1-00 Racing
05-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Jupitor ???? Where the hell is that ???? Dave

:biggrinjester::biggrinjester::biggrinjester: I've been wondering the same thing... Maybe thats where OSS has their worlds signed and sealed. As of 2:38 today nothing is signed and done in JupitEr, Florida, however it is being "worked on"

Ratickle
05-12-2009, 09:50 PM
For the 2008 KW Worlds Morton and Henry brought All Jack'd Up back from Norway to race. I believe they intend race a few more over here before it goes back across.

We were there. Did not see it arrive though.

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-12-2009, 10:26 PM

I was in Orange beach in '03 there was one there. I was referring to the year Buzzi came over with a fleet of ribs and they all won . Open, modified, A class I think. Some after Reggie bult a bunch with the Buzzi drive systems. By '98 Reggie was back to #6's.

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-12-2009, 10:27 PM
We were there. Did not see it arrive though.

They were in Biloxi.. Great guys.

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-12-2009, 10:31 PM
I tell yea. You guys get so worked up.

I am going to a race this weekend and I am going to race somebody. I hope the same for you everyone else.

XtremeRacing
05-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks Jim good luck and be safe. Its almost time for us to do what we do.

MOBILEMERCMAN
05-13-2009, 12:04 AM
Thanks Jim good luck and be safe. Its almost time for us to do what we do.

Thanks and to you too.

I love the gathering of friends, traveling to new places, making new friends and of course the racing.

I am very fortunate to get to do it.

Pete B
05-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Good luck Jimmy, hope you and Georgie boy bring the checkered! Should be a good battle in SVL!

frank good luck in Marathon.

Sean Stinson
05-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Good luck to all the Gladiators of the liquid race track!!!!!!

Wardey
05-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Thanks and to you too.

I love the gathering of friends, traveling to new places, making new friends and of course the racing.

I am very fortunate to get to do it.

Amen Brother. Amen. Good Luck and Be Safe. Dave