PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Car help Needed in Clearwater, FL

Baja Fresh
10-29-2008, 04:18 PM
My boss wants me to go look at a 64 GTO in Clearwater, FL this weekend. The seller won't hold it any longer so I have to fly out Friday night and arrive 10AM. Then rent a car and drive to Clearwater to inspect the car. If it's as advertised he'll finish the deal and I fly back at 4:30PM. So, if someone that is car knowledgable can look at it before this weekend it will save my boss some $ and me a bunch of seat time on a commercial flight. I'm sure my boss would compensate you for your time and effort. Thanks!

fund razor
10-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Get Ed Cozzi.

He knows a thing or two about cars also.

glassdave
10-29-2008, 04:29 PM
uhh . . . i'll be in clearwater this weekend. i have been a restorer for most of my life and have had several GTO's. call me and we may be able to work something out. 419-461-1484

ahhh . . . the power of sos (somebody had to eventually say it :D )

and just for clarification you are trying to GET OUT of a trip to Florida? :confused::willy_nilly:

Sea-Dated
10-29-2008, 04:30 PM
:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Baja Fresh
10-29-2008, 04:39 PM
uhh . . . i'll be in clearwater this weekend. i have been a restorer for most of my life and have had several GTO's. call me and we may be able to work something out. 419-461-1484

and just for clarification you are trying to GET OUT of a trip to Florida? :confused::willy_nilly:

I'll give you a call. If I had more time I would be looking for a boat ride, not a car inspection! :sifone:

fund razor
10-29-2008, 04:42 PM

He is great with Model Ts. :D

Chris
10-29-2008, 04:51 PM
I've seen Dave's work. In fact, I send my work to him. And I refer my friends to him.

glassdave
10-29-2008, 04:56 PM
BF i just looked at MapQuest and i am staying at the Biltmoore in Belleair which is literally about a half a mile down N Fort Harrison Ave. from Clearwater. :D

glassdave
10-29-2008, 04:57 PM
He is great with Model Ts. :D

an double D's :)

bootdaddy
10-29-2008, 05:14 PM
if the deal is right maybe we should buy it out from under his boss? :)

Dave - please let me know first hand how the inspection goes at DDs and what is for sale...:drool5:

TEAMBAJA
10-29-2008, 05:39 PM

I could be wrong, but I think its because he is from California maybe?

Baja Fresh
10-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Yup, I'm in CA. Unfortunately, Dave can't make it there until Sunday and we need to to the deal on Sat. They just booked a flight for me so I'm going redeye, midnight from LAX to Tampa at 10:15AM. At least it's 1st class so I can stretch out a little and get some sleep. I'll leave back out at 4:40PM. I sure wish I could take the week off and head down to Miami or at least get a little water time in. We are just so busy now I can't take any time off. With the bleak future looming, I need to make bank now while we can. It may all dry up soon!

Thanks for everyone's efforts on this! :)

PARADOX
10-29-2008, 06:56 PM
I wish I seen this earlier. I left New Port Richey. at 4:45 Am this morning.. to Ft. lauderdal, just got back home.. I drove right through Clearwater around, 5ish.

I could have stopped an looked.
Sorry.
But if you'r about to lose the deal. I can look at it Thursday.
It's only 1/2 hour from me.

glassdave
10-29-2008, 07:14 PM
if the deal is right maybe we should buy it out from under his boss? :)

Dave - please let me know first hand how the inspection goes at DDs and what is for sale...:drool5:

:D . . . . there will be plenty of them in KW . . . (DD's . . . not GTO's)

interesting side note though this was posted on two different websites . . . . . no action at all on the other thread . . . . hmmm . . .

Baja Fresh
10-29-2008, 08:17 PM
:D . . . . there will be plenty of them in KW . . . (DD's . . . not GTO's)

interesting side note though this was posted on two different websites . . . . . no action at all on the other thread . . . . hmmm . . .

I guess everyones over here now! I tried to delete my thread on the "other" board but couldn't so I just deleted the text.

Here's the car I'm looking at.

glassdave
10-29-2008, 08:48 PM
good looking car. I had a 70 Lemans that i put a 66 Tri-Power setup on. Got a deal on it from a friend. Worked great bu MAN what a gas hog . . . . course than again gas was like a buck twenty five a gallon . . .heavy foot didnt help either :D

Baja Fresh
10-29-2008, 09:01 PM
good looking car. I had a 70 Lemans that i put a 66 Tri-Power setup on. Got a deal on it from a friend. Worked great bu MAN what a gas hog . . . . course than again gas was like a buck twenty five a gallon . . .heavy foot didnt help either :D

My first car was a 65 GTO that I got in 1972. I put a 421 in it with an M-22 and 12 bolt with 4.11 gears. Gas was only about 30 cents a gallon then! I don't think it got any worse mileage than my 8.1 Avalanche does!

RACESDAD
10-30-2008, 12:06 AM
call todd werner at protoyz in st pete. he can look at it for you. and no one knows classics like todd

cig1988
10-30-2008, 05:02 AM
I guess everyones over here now! I tried to delete my thread on the "other" board but couldn't so I just deleted the text.

Here's the car I'm looking at.

Out of curiosity how much is the owner asking? While I was going to school in Denver (late 70's) I almost bought a '64 w/tri power from a used car lot. The price tag was $800.00. Talk about a kick in the arse.

THEJOKER
10-30-2008, 09:01 AM
I've got a 66 GTO Convertible and 70 HO455 GTO. Pontiacs rule!

Baja Fresh
10-30-2008, 10:17 AM
I am less then 10 miles away. If you want I can look at the car for you. I am in the business and hold a license. You can check us out on the web. BGRSA.com. Let me know, if you need any further help. Good luck with the purchase. David

Thanks, David. Do you have time to look it over today or tomorrow? The car is at Golden Classics off of Hercules. They are supposed to fax me the PHS docs this morning so I can look them over. It would be nice to have it checked out before I got there. You can reach me at 209-481-7117. Thanks.

-Al

Fever Mike
10-31-2008, 01:18 AM
I've got a 66 GTO Convertible and 70 HO455 GTO. Pontiacs rule!

Never saw those...where ya hidding them?

cig1988
10-31-2008, 05:22 AM
Never saw those...where ya hidding them?

Me either...how about some pics Brian?