PDA

View Full Version : Fair approach to layoffs after OBAMA is elected.

jeff1000man
10-29-2008, 12:46 PM
I just received this letter fro a friend and local businessman in our community. I thought it would be a good idea to forward it so the rest of you could post it in your lunch rooms as well. They might as well know what is coming.

Dear Fellow Business Owners, Managers and Friends:

As a Business owner who employs 20 people, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama will probably be our next President, and that my Taxes and Fees will go up in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases I figure that my customers will have to see an increase in my fees to them of about 10%. I will also have to lay off a few of my employees.

This really bothered me as I believe we are family here, and didn't know how to choose who will have to go. So, this is what I did. I strolled thru the parking lot yesterday and found 4 Obama bumper stickers on my employee’s cars. I have decided these folks will be the first to be laid off.

I can't think of another fair way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let me know.

I am sending this letter to all Business men and women that I know.

Sincerely,

cigdaze
10-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Perfect. It's like them voting for their own raises. After all, sitting on one's arse while collectin' gubmint umploymint is better than working for a living. :rolleyes:

Tommy Gun
10-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Is there any potential legal issue with firing someone over a political affiliation? Just wondering.

Tony
10-29-2008, 01:52 PM
I think the only Obama supporters in my company are my idiot partner and his yes man of a salesman. The rest of my guys have things to say about Obama that are censored here.

Sea-Dated
10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
I like that method. Sounds like a fair plan.