PDA

View Full Version : Alright, I'm here.

Buoy
05-05-2009, 07:26 PM
Well West Coast guys I made it a few weeks ago.
New home is Tempe AZ.
Need to get my boat back together, and start learning the ways of the water out here.
Any other West guys want to check in?
Anybody local, I'm always good to hook up for a cold one.

MarylandMark
05-05-2009, 07:31 PM
So when's the new deck boat w/gel graphics coming? :lurk5:

Buoy
05-05-2009, 07:33 PM
So when's the new deck boat w/gel graphics coming? :lurk5:

Heh, not my style...
But, I may be talked into an old school squirt or v-drive as a second boat.
WAIT, I hafta finish this one first:)

MarylandMark
05-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Yea- no more projects until you get that one wet dude!

Buoy
05-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Yea- no more projects until you get that one wet dude!

But I could pick up a little squirter for half of what you're gonna spend on a watch, and hit the water. Basically a BBC on a paper plate with a pump on the back, and exhaust logs.

MarylandMark
05-05-2009, 08:03 PM
I did the squirt boat with the foot throttle before- metal flake rocks!!

Buoy
05-05-2009, 08:10 PM
I did the squirt boat with the foot throttle before- metal flake rocks!!

I'm just liking the idea of a BBC with dry logs OTT mounted to a paper plate would be a fun ride!
Not to mention the rooster tail.

Perlmudder
05-05-2009, 08:19 PM
i have always wanted a jet boat or a v drive, or just something really, really loud! what did you ever do with that gokart you had? did you ever finish it or did you just ditch it before the move?

MarylandMark
05-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Squirt boat rules:

Make sure you boat is running good if you decide to soak the dock when leaving.
Big dudes can swim faster than you can paddle but paddles make good weapons.
Don't stand or your COG will be off
Hold the blade end/hit with the handle end- you don't have to fight against the air on the down stroke with the blade end

or so I've heard..

Perlmudder
05-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Squirt boat rules:

Hold the blade end/hit with the handle end- you don't have to fight against the air on the down stroke with the blade end

or so I've heard..

When I first bought my megaphone, I use to bring it on the boat with me and use it to get girls attention. One time I was flirting with this group of girls and started to rag on a group of muscle beach guys. They started to run into the water and chase the boat. I slowly idled away and mocked them even more. Oh the memories...

Buoy
05-05-2009, 08:24 PM
i have always wanted a jet boat or a v drive, or just something really, really loud! what did you ever do with that gokart you had? did you ever finish it or did you just ditch it before the move?

Still have it.
All projects were put on hold through this whole relocation thing, and only minimal things are being done until the old house sells, and I have employment.
Been working on cheap things on the boat.
Lots of sanding, filling, scraping...

Buoy
05-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Squirt boat rules:

or so I've heard..

I would think if you use the paddle vertically, the air resistance would be far less, and the striking impact would be that much more concentrated.

Buoy
05-05-2009, 08:27 PM
When I first bought my megaphone, I use to bring it on the boat with me and use it to get girls attention. One time I was flirting with this group of girls and started to rag on a group of muscle beach guys. They started to run into the water and chase the boat. I slowly idled away and mocked them even more. Oh the memories...

And if you had a squirt boat...
Adjust place diverter, and nail it.
Much funnier.:sifone:

Perlmudder
05-05-2009, 08:32 PM

haha ohh man. i have been looking on ebay and cl for a cheap one cus i have the speed bug! they are all south though, dont see many in this neck of the woods.

MarylandMark
05-05-2009, 08:34 PM
I would think if you use the paddle vertically, the air resistance would be far less, and the striking impact would be that much more concentrated.

You CAN'T keep the blade straight on the down swing plus it is narrower than the handle knob- too much concentration is not a good thing.

Buoy
05-05-2009, 09:37 PM
haha ohh man. i have been looking on ebay and cl for a cheap one cus i have the speed bug! they are all south though, dont see many in this neck of the woods.

There is a reason for that.
I've been keeping an eye on another board that is more local out here, and there was a vid of a guy that pulled away from the beach a little hot, and swamped a squirt boat. With 4-6" freeboard, so much as a ripple will swamp it.
A lot different than the water I'm used to.
I got flamed pretty bad on that thread.

Perlmudder
05-05-2009, 10:01 PM
I got flamed pretty bad on that thread.

got flamed for what?

Ratickle
05-05-2009, 10:13 PM

You would not believe what that does to a regetta of azzhole sailboaters......:sifone:

Buoy
05-06-2009, 12:04 AM
You would not believe what that does to a regetta of azzhole sailboaters......:sifone:

No, but I can plan for it!!!

Buoy
05-06-2009, 12:07 AM
got flamed for what?

I just said that the guy leaving the tie-up that hit the throttle didn't do anything wrong. I would have done the same thing back on Erie.
But, the paper plate guys told me that out here, you need to watch out and make sure you don't do anything that might swamp a 4" freeboard boat.
I guess I learned my lesson.:sifone:
So much for having a craft capable of the conditions before going out.
At least that is the way I was brought up on the water.

Tony
05-06-2009, 03:03 PM
You do realize that since your gonna be a left coast boater that you will need to saw the deck out of the bow and add a few old couches and keep the goofy little tunnel thing in the middle.

I would consult with Bobcat before making a decision on what type of couch to use though...

Airpacker
05-06-2009, 03:15 PM
crushed velvet would look the best with a couple nice matching throw pillows :)

Buoy
05-06-2009, 03:42 PM
crushed velvet would look the best with a couple nice matching throw pillows :)

Funny, I've learned that out here tweed is a primary fabric for interior.

ChiefApache
05-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Have you also noticed that all the responders to this thread thus far are your East Coast buddies? :26::sifone::biggrinjester:

Perlmudder
05-06-2009, 04:51 PM
Have you also noticed that all the responders to this thread thus far are your East Coast buddies? :26::sifone::biggrinjester:

They don't like "his type" on the left coast! :sifone:

Buoy
05-06-2009, 04:53 PM

Yeah.
Dude!Sweet! is out here, but I know he has been traveling the past couple days.
Tank is out here.

We're kinda representing the WestCoast chapter of SO

MarylandMark
05-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Maine joined the West Coast lifestyle today

Go figure- so close to Jersey

Dude! Sweet!
05-07-2009, 12:45 AM
You know, a lot of us West Coast guys just think that anyone stupid enough to want to get married should get what they deserve... :D

I want a Sanger ski-hydro!!! Or maybe a shovel nose. Yeee haw!!!

:sifone:

Buoy
05-07-2009, 01:03 AM
Maine joined the West Coast lifestyle today

Go figure- so close to Jersey

You know, a lot of us West Coast guys just think that anyone stupid enough to want to get married should get what they deserve... :D

I've been eyeing a Hawaiian .
Hafta admit they are pretty cool, not practical, but cool.

Perlmudder
05-07-2009, 01:10 AM

i bet that thing sounds NASTY!!

Tony
05-07-2009, 06:34 AM

Thats not a boat, its a surfboard with an engine and seat.

Dude! Sweet!
05-07-2009, 08:26 AM
I've been eyeing a Hawaiian .
Hafta admit they are pretty cool, not practical, but cool.

I've heard those Hawaiians are bad boats (and I mean "hit it on the nose with a rolled up newspaper" - bad not John Lee Hooker - bad). One of the Scope guys had one and said it was basically a styrofoam beer cooler with a motor.

Which reminds me, check out www.scopeinfo.com. Its the local offshore club, but there are a number of AZ guys in it. Its a good group and you don't have to be a paying member to drop by and say hi, on the site or on their runs.

Dude! Sweet!
05-07-2009, 08:29 AM
I believe that as far as west coast boats go, Schiada is sort of the west coast Pantera... Build quality and rep are supposed to be second to none. LaveyCraft also builds a really nice boat. On the other west coast stuff... Well you can check out T2x comments elsewhere about those...

MarylandMark
05-07-2009, 10:44 AM
You know, a lot of us West Coast guys just think that anyone stupid enough to want to get married should get what they deserve...

+1 I mean.. LOL! (I gotta get use to this getting married stuff)

Hawaii? Get a Super Hawaii!!! Now that is a boat!!

Uncle Dave
05-13-2009, 11:13 PM
I believe that as far as west coast boats go, Schiada is sort of the west coast Pantera... Build quality and rep are supposed to be second to none. LaveyCraft also builds a really nice boat. On the other west coast stuff... Well you can check out T2x comments elsewhere about those...

Id say LaveyCraft would be the west Coast version of Pantera, and If I were to ever go East, Id probably go Pantera-

I dont know that Schiada has a counterpart anywhere-I dont think they are particularly beautiful with the big roundish non skid covered decks, but they sure do build a competent ski race rig and the rigging on those ski race rigs is 100% business.

I dont know any East Coast low profile V-drive turbo rigs like what Schiada is known for. Yeah they have another model or two but that style is what they do best.

Uncle Dave

Dude! Sweet!
05-14-2009, 01:11 AM
Dave you sure said something there about that big blue and white Schiada ski race rig is an unpleasant looking boat, but then again so is the USS Iowa... I know a guy who's got a 32 Schiada with 525s that runs over a 100... very nice looking looking boat too.

I really dig the Lavey Evo series and you can't take anything away from the way Kevin Cooper runs that F1 boat.

I saw a 21 Nordic Cyclone at the LA boat show that had a 1200 Merc with a six on the back. Talk about a mean little boat!

Uncle Dave
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Here are the boats you mention from the show-

The Nordic is very sanitary- and looks unbelievably plush for such a beast. This would be a much easier boat to drive and own IMO

The Schiada - is classic to their form violent looking, minimalistic, and pure business.

Construction wise the Schiada is all balsa

The Nordic is all koosa and foam(if its built like their consumer line) - but its not vac bagged.

Im not sure if I were a betting man that the Nordic will hold up as well as the Schiada simply based on the relative strength of Balsa over the man made materials (it isnt even close).

UD

Uncle Dave
05-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Pardon my little sony camera.

Heres an inside pict of the nordic, - pretty incredible.
Its a cadillac compared to the Schiada.

And a pict of the clearance in the engine bay in the Schiada.
The rigging on the Schiada had to be seen to be believed.
The Schiada is a brutal killing machine- all business

Included as well -is a core material strength comparison for those that will "cry foul" on my comment without actually knowing what they are talking about. The man made stuff is light, but orders of magnitude weaker just about every measurable area.

UD

Uncle Dave
05-14-2009, 02:37 PM
Well West Coast guys I made it a few weeks ago.
New home is Tempe AZ.
Need to get my boat back together, and start learning the ways of the water out here.
Any other West guys want to check in?
Anybody local, I'm always good to hook up for a cold one.

BTW- Welcome-

Been following you on OSO as well.
Next trip to Havasu Ill ring you and maybe we can hook up.

Uncle Dave-

Buoy
05-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Sounds good Dave.

Dude! Sweet!
05-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Love those turbo motors... I've got a buddy who's an old school Indy car mechanic (up in El Segundo) who was militantly in favor of turbos as a superior power adder over mechanically driven super chargers. I guess it rubbed off a bit...

The big Schiada I was talking about is the blue and white one with the titanic drive spacers for the Catalina race. The flattys are amazing boats and their owners are more loyal than Cig guys...

Dude! Sweet!
05-14-2009, 09:09 PM
Tim, you've got to come out for the ski race. I don't know this guy but we need to meet him... (Boat at the bottom of the page, you'll know which one)

http://www.catalinaskirace.net/photos/SharmanRacing2008/index.html

Uncle Dave do you know those guys in the 24 Pantera from AZ?

Buoy
05-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Tim, you've got to come out for the ski race. I don't know this guy but we need to meet him... (Boat at the bottom of the page, you'll know which one)

When is the ski-race??
I'll have to check the budget on making trips.
Remember, still unemployed...

Uncle Dave
05-14-2009, 09:50 PM

I dont know the pantera guy. I sold my house in Parker AZ 3 years ago, so Ive only been to havi half a dozen times in the past 2 years- love to meet any cool group of guys that can walk the walk.

I saw the blue Schiada you are talking about as well, but didnt gravitate toward it all like the ski rig.

UD

Buoy
05-14-2009, 09:54 PM
love to meet any cool group of guys that can walk the walk.

UD

Hopefully it's OK that we can also "drink the drink":cheers2:.

Uncle Dave
05-14-2009, 09:59 PM
Hopefully it's OK that we can also "drink the drink":cheers2:.

Absolutely paramount Buoy.

UD

Buoy
05-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Absolutely paramount Buoy.

UD

We'll get along just fine...

Sean was in town last weekend, and we sat at a bar in my backyard for a few hours talking boats.
I had to step outside for a smoke, and a guy that had been sitting in the bar by himself (and desperately trying to get into the conversation) is out there.
He says "you guys really know what you're talking about on these boats, I mean the real race boats"
I just said "No, we're just a couple drunks that like to talk chit in bars to pick up chicks" - did I mention my wife skipped out of work early to come hang out and was sitting in the bar?
Sean, you remember the guy, kinda Down-syndromy guy that was to your left?
Not Elwyn my newest African-American rugby playing friend.
The goofy guy.

Need to do some research on who the Pantera guys are in the ski race.

Perlmudder
05-14-2009, 10:22 PM

Those are some crazy mofos! Looks like fun until you crash!

Uncle Dave
05-14-2009, 11:45 PM
Those are some crazy mofos! Looks like fun until you crash!

Trying to "cut back" on crashing.
Starting to cost to much, and I heal realll slloooww these days.

Problem is.... I love to push it.......

UD

Dude! Sweet!
05-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Tim, that guy grew up about an hour from me, in Batavia NY. Small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.

Insurance God is my skier. Just got to keep the boat running long enough to haul him around. :D As I recall, Ski race is July 11th this year. You HAVE to come out for it!

I'll call Goldfinger Jeff and ask him about the guy in the 24 Pantera.

Uncle Dave, where are you located? Give a shout anytime. I"m always up for having some coldie's and BS'ing about race stuff!

Uncle Dave
05-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Tim, that guy grew up about an hour from me, in Batavia NY. Small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it.

Insurance God is my skier. Just got to keep the boat running long enough to haul him around. :D As I recall, Ski race is July 11th this year. You HAVE to come out for it!

I'll call Goldfinger Jeff and ask him about the guy in the 24 Pantera.

Uncle Dave, where are you located? Give a shout anytime. I"m always up for having some coldie's and BS'ing about race stuff!

Im in West LA.

15 minutes from the ramp in Marina Del Rey and my boat is in my driveway

Love to get together!

UD

Uncle Dave
05-17-2009, 04:04 PM
I re-read the thread from the front.

I now have sense of responsibility - to keep up the reputation of the West coast boaters.

Plus I owe it to my own own buds to bring in another with equal drinking discipline- the finer arts of getting wasted are not to taken lightly.

Buoy- how much boating have you done with your "thread buddies" vs emailing?

Question- from My trip to Catalina yesterday-

Why do I always get a mooring next to one of Jerrys kids?
Nice tie up at the stern DB- had to call the harbor patrol to tie up your rig.
You know who you are........

Taught the Gf how to drive the new rig yesterday - she kept if pretty cool and now understands how to use radar as a nav aid and situational tool.
She took the coast guard GPS class on her own took to the plotter like a teenager to playboy.

Crappy day weather wise, great day water wise. 2-4's

Went from Del Rey to Two harbor Catalina and back on 32 gallons of gas- if I keep my arm out of it it runs really cheap- its the fuel injection taking care of me here.

UD

Buoy
05-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Buoy- how much boating have you done with your "thread buddies" vs emailing?

Admittedly, not nearly as much as I would like to.
Only been out with a few guys from the boards when I was in town, but also a few that don't get on the boards much.
We're all so spread out across the country. And time is usually limited when traveling.
Haven't spent as much time on any water in the past few years as I'd like to.
Soon as I get some income coming in, I'll schedule a trip out that way.
Consider it a self invitation.:sifone:

Dude! Sweet!
05-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Uncle Dave, 29 Lavey with Ilmor power? VERY nice looking rig.

Dude! Sweet!
05-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Last time I was in Avalon (St. Paddy's day) we had to row up to the can becuase we'd hurt the motor and it wouldn't idle... We also left a bit "hot"... :D

Uncle Dave
05-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Is that your rig with the lines on the side? Looks pretty sweet as well. I always had idling issues with carbed blower engines especially after I beat em like rodney king for 45 minutes. Did you get it figured out?

Dude- were gonna get on just fine- coors light in the morning, and firearms- my favorite combo.

I LOVE the pict with the shotgun- are you actually tossing clays out with a hand thrower? I was a little worried about maybe getting a "hair cut" due to proximity but considered it as well. (I have a nice little home armory myself)

Thanks for the compliments Dude- pretty close guess on mine - its actually a Lavey 2750 although its about 29 feet long (28.8 waterline actually) if you went to the la boat show then you saw my exact ride- the Camires put it in the booth this year.

Its got an ilmor 710 - and so far other than losing a water pump (my fault for not "charging" the strainer after 8 weeks) its been an incredible engine. Its turbine smooth and idles like a kitten then roars like a monster-it also runs pretty cheap.

I always wanted a twin engine ride, but I do lakes and rivers and boat camp a lot and a big fast single just works better for what I do.

Im considering boating to San Diego this weekend- take off Saturday, get a hotel sat night get a bog old steak at Mortons (drive the skin boat to tuna town back in the room) then head home Sunday.

UD

Buoy
05-19-2009, 10:57 AM
UD - boat looks sharp!
Nice rig.

Uncle Dave
05-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks- Buoy what kind of rig are you in ? & power didnt I read somewhere you had a pantera? I'd LOVE to go for a ride in it.

Dude- forgot to ask- whats your rig and power?

Here's a couple of picts of my lake ride- a LaveyCraft 20.8 Sebring Tunnel. (see a theme here) Air shot is at parker-taken from Big d's cole.

The other 2 are at lake Nacimeiento- the buddy (Big D) has a 22ft Cole Superhawk with a boostpower 650 in it.

I usually take the tunnel hull when Im on the river. its got a medium hot 406 and runs high 80's handles like a slot car.

UD

Buoy
05-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Nice!!

Yeah I've got a 24 Pantera that is currently in pieces, but slowly going back together.
Dude owned my boat at one time.
I look forward to making it out that way.

Uncle Dave
05-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Nice!!

Yeah I've got a 24 Pantera that is currently in pieces, but slowly going back together.
Dude owned my boat at one time.
I look forward to making it out that way.

So what are you waiting on parts budget or time to piece it together?

I got friends in low places that may be able to come up with some parts.

Whats dude rolling in now?

UD

Buoy
05-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Right now it's budget.
Currently unemployed due to the move out here, and cautious about spending any money at this point.
Dude is rolling...
Well, I'll let him answer that - he had some "goings on" recently.

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Hah! Yah, Bouy owns my old 24 Pantera, the 28 Pantera with the stripe was my boat until about a week ago. It had an NA 575 with an IMCO SC drive. We were using a hand thrower (well two hand throwers since some drunk MF accidentally threw one in the ocean try to toss a clay).

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Now that 28 is in Knoxville TN and these two have come to live with me...

I couldn't decide whether I liked the 24 or the 28 better. :sifone:

Uncle Dave
05-19-2009, 03:07 PM
Everybody needs 2 boats right?
That way you always have at least one that works- usually.

Sounds like maybe the old ride was getting tired if it wouldn't idle after running it hard.

I wanna ride in the new one- whats the mill?

UD

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 03:24 PM
It's a 10 hour old motor... Had a rocker stud pull out of the head on the run over to the island. Funny thing though, it only dropped about 500 - 600 rpms and still ran 70 with 4 guys in the boat, just wouldn't idle. Ha ha ha.

I'm going to run the 24 for now and do a little primping and pimping on that as I run it, over the summer.

I'm planning on running my 575 in the race boat (Although I've got a couple other ideas too...) It's going to be a little slower process since I've got to refresh the motor and have a few other rigging things I want to do with it. So I probably won't really dig into that one until the fall. I've got most all of the parts for it, but need to find the time to get it done (and still have some fun while it's warm out!).

Uncle Dave
05-19-2009, 03:59 PM
It's a 10 hour old motor... Had a rocker stud pull out of the head on the run over to the island. Funny thing though, it only dropped about 500 - 600 rpms and still ran 70 with 4 guys in the boat, just wouldn't idle. Ha ha ha.

I'm going to run the 24 for now and do a little primping and pimping on that as I run it, over the summer.

I'm planning on running my 575 in the race boat (Although I've got a couple other ideas too...) It's going to be a little slower process since I've got to refresh the motor and have a few other rigging things I want to do with it. So I probably won't really dig into that one until the fall. I've got most all of the parts for it, but need to find the time to get it done (and still have some fun while it's warm out!).

phuuuuccckk- never had that happen, Ive had a rocker arm fall off completely though the sound emanating was brutal. Sounds like it was still pushing open a bit or it would have been making some serious clatter.

24 looks pretty sweet too- Ill bet there is a lot of room in the rear with the clamp-ons powering it.

On another note heres our Glamis "winter" set up- 700 raptor and kfx-450

Looking forward to getting together to drink and lie bout how fast we used to be.

At 42 I dont heal anymore and feel like I dropped an exhaust valve- intake still working well.

UD

Buoy
05-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Sean, I'm looking forward to some running time in the raceboat.

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Plenty of room for everyone to poop their pants in the race boat!

Man, those are some bad rides Uncle Dave! Here's a couple of my winter toys... I'm 38 and after 33 years of hockey, boxing and rugby, I feel like I've put a rod out the side (so to speak, ha ha) but I'm still having fun with plenty of years to go!

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 04:21 PM
And very cool that the GF/old lady is down with all of it! My wife is "tolerant" :D

By the way, love the hay-hauler look on your Lavey. I do remember seeing it at the show. Nice rig! I'd thought about doing something similar on the 24, just for fun.

Uncle Dave
05-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Cool GF definitely helps....

The Karts are an absolute blast! I ve ridden on 100's a bit, and a 250 shifter once.
The 100 was about smoothness- the 250 was incredible.
We're hooking up for sure.

UD

Dude! Sweet!
05-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Amen to that brother! :D

getchasum111
05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Right now it's budget.
Currently unemployed due to the move out here, and cautious about spending any money at this point.
Dude is rolling...
Well, I'll let him answer that - he had some "goings on" recently.

have you got settled in....all the boxes unpacked....i still haven't finished....how do ya like it compared to ohio/ky area....do ya miss all the country ass painters and such....

Buoy
05-19-2009, 06:11 PM
have you got settled in....all the boxes unpacked....i still haven't finished....how do ya like it compared to ohio/ky area....do ya miss all the country ass painters and such....

I'm loving it so far.
Been in the mid 100's the past week, and doesn't bother me a bit.
Boxes have been unpacked a few weeks already.
Just getting bored, and need to land a new gig...
Don't miss Kentucky at all, never wanted to be there to begin with.

getchasum111
05-19-2009, 06:55 PM
I'm loving it so far.
Been in the mid 100's the past week, and doesn't bother me a bit.
Boxes have been unpacked a few weeks already.
Just getting bored, and need to land a new gig...
Don't miss Kentucky at all, never wanted to be there to begin with.

something will turn up....as bad as the job market is(so they say)...my wife and daughter just landed decent jobs in the last week....the car business is sad right now so i'm glad to have a little financial help from the misses if ya know what i mean....good luck in the search...

Uncle Dave
05-19-2009, 08:27 PM
something will turn up....as bad as the job market is(so they say)...my wife and daughter just landed decent jobs in the last week....the car business is sad right now so i'm glad to have a little financial help from the misses if ya know what i mean....good luck in the search...

She got a sister?

UD

Buoy
05-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Fortunately, the whole reason for the move was the wifes promotion, so I'm still getting by.

Dude! Sweet!
05-20-2009, 01:25 AM
Is that your rig with the lines on the side? Looks pretty sweet as well. I always had idling issues with carbed blower engines especially after I beat em like rodney king for 45 minutes. Did you get it figured out?

Dude- were gonna get on just fine- coors light in the morning, and firearms- my favorite combo.

I LOVE the pict with the shotgun- are you actually tossing clays out with a hand thrower? I was a little worried about maybe getting a "hair cut" due to proximity but considered it as well. (I have a nice little home armory myself)

Thanks for the compliments Dude- pretty close guess on mine - its actually a Lavey 2750 although its about 29 feet long (28.8 waterline actually) if you went to the la boat show then you saw my exact ride- the Camires put it in the booth this year.

Its got an ilmor 710 - and so far other than losing a water pump (my fault for not "charging" the strainer after 8 weeks) its been an incredible engine. Its turbine smooth and idles like a kitten then roars like a monster-it also runs pretty cheap.

I always wanted a twin engine ride, but I do lakes and rivers and boat camp a lot and a big fast single just works better for what I do.

Im considering boating to San Diego this weekend- take off Saturday, get a hotel sat night get a bog old steak at Mortons (drive the skin boat to tuna town back in the room) then head home Sunday.

UD

Just got a better look at the photos you posted. You run out of Huntington frequently or mostly out of MDR?

Uncle Dave
05-20-2009, 10:13 AM
Almost always out of Del Rey, its 6 miles from my house.

I stopped at Huntington a couple of times to check it out and see how close I could get to a navy destroyer (in retrospect not to bright but it was awesome) and looked around- cool area. Thats where the sunset pict was taken.

speaking of looking a little closer- you've got that go kart fairly far sideways and the right front wheel is off the ground!

UD

Dude! Sweet!
05-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Yah, showtime on the kart... It ended in the barriers! :sifone:

The inlet to Huntington Harbor often has some interesting stuff in it...

ar15meister
05-20-2009, 02:33 PM
ok dude you now own those two boats?

Sweeeet.

Dude! Sweet!
05-20-2009, 02:53 PM
ok dude you now own those two boats?

Sweeeet.

Yup... totally! :26: