PDA

View Full Version : Black Duck - Spring Fling May 9th

Big Time
05-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Putting the invitation out to all SOS member's for the first ever spring get together at the Black Duck Cafe (Bar and Restaraunt) this Sat., May 9th. For those who are not familiar with the place, The Black Duck is an old ice barge turned bar/restaurant which carries the namesake of my father's two time world and national championship race boat from back in the early 80's.

We are working on getting some old racing video's set up for our viewing pleasure along with some other memorabilia, pics, etc.

The Black Duck is located in Westport, CT just off I-95 (or 1 block from the westport metro north train station) Check out the website for more info about the place.

http://www.niteimage.com/clubs/BlackDuck/BlackDuckCafe.htm

P.S. It is supposed to rain so if you can't be out on the boats you might as well be at the Duck.

-Chris

MahopacMarine
05-11-2009, 10:07 PM
How was it Chris? I couldnt get out of the house that night. Too many things going on:)

Big Time
05-12-2009, 10:28 AM
No worries. Didn't get a huge turn out, but our buddy Dave brought down a ton of cool memorabilia, old race pamphlets, photos and some trophies from "back in the day". We also had some of the old Freeze Frame race video's going on the TV's. We'll set something up for the end of the season and really plan it out....short notice and Mother's Day weekend kept a lot of people home.