View Full Version : 2009 Havasu Race

shifter
05-03-2009, 01:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyLJG80kSuY

Here is a video that we put together of the race.:sifone:

pat W

Ratickle
05-03-2009, 07:38 AM
That's a good one. Not sure I should even comment.....:)

Bobcat
05-03-2009, 08:25 AM
:rofl:

ThrottleUp Props
05-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks Pat!

DollaBill
05-03-2009, 09:09 PM
wtf race are you talking about?? Havasu is a group of poker run guys having a safe event on the lake.

shifter
05-04-2009, 12:53 AM
News flash Dollabill:
Havasu 2009
Poker run Friday
kilo shootout Saturday
Popra race Sunday

pat W

Wardey
05-04-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks Pat. Cool. Dave

DollaBill
05-04-2009, 08:40 AM
hmmm. no sh!t. I didn't know they were racing. I stand corrected :)

Ratickle
05-04-2009, 01:24 PM
hmmm. no sh!t. I didn't know they were racing. I stand corrected :)

Too much time with the Vodka in Russia????:sifone:

MarylandMark
05-04-2009, 03:52 PM
Love some rivalry and smack talkin'

Wahoo 214
05-04-2009, 09:33 PM
I couldn't find any results on the POPRA site but found this in the local paper

Small field for POPRA race

By Staff Reports
Sunday, April 26, 2009 9:43 PM MST

Running with just one operator and on one engine, there was no negative effect on Team CRC in Sunday’s racing on Lake Havasu.

CRC’s 39-foot MTI catamaran finished the Pacific Offshore Powerboat Racing Association’s 2nd Annual Lake Havasu Grand Prix two laps ahead of the nearest competition.

Just eight boats lined up for the 49-mile race that looped from Thompson Bay to Copper Canyon and back again. Each racer had to complete 10 laps of the 4.9-mile oval.

Only one incident occurred during the race, when a monohull boat failed to reduce speed in turn four, flipping the boat and ejecting both operators. Neither suffered serious injury.

The POPRA race capped off the four-day Desert Storm offshore boating event staged by Lake Racer LLC. Desert Storm started with a display of the million-dollar vessels during a street fair on upper McCulloch Boulevard Thursday. Then the boats participated in a parade through the Bridgewater Channel and a poker run on Friday.

On Saturday, Greg Olson won the Desert Storm Shootout, a two-mile straight shot south along the Arizona side of the lake starting in Thompson Bay. Boaters had one mile to reach a top speed and another mile to safely decelerate.

Olson won by setting a new Shootout record of 174 mph.

shifter
05-05-2009, 11:43 AM
My hat is off for Team CRC (Mike) for supporting the Popra race and racing his wounded raceboat. There were plenty of other boats out there that could have raced and didin't.

The Rum Run race in July is next up. Long Beach to Catalina and back, wide open ocean approximately 50 miles round trip if you stay on course (insert nameless rare metal team from last year).....CRC has won the race overall the last three years running. It is the same weekend as the Ski race and the Poker Run.

Justin and Dave (Who's racing) that were in the roll over will make it back for the Rum Run as well in P1.

Go to www.pacificoffshore.com for details.

pat W:sifone: