PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming?

clayinaustin
10-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Northeast snowstorm closes major highways, schools (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081029/ap_on_re_us/northeast_storm)

PORTJERVIS, N.Y. – The first big snowstorm of the season in the Northeast closed sections of major highways Tuesday and blacked out more than 100,000 utility customers.

The National Weather Service posted a winter storm warning for parts of New York state, in effect until 8 a.m. Wednesday, and issued winter storm advisories for parts of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Vermont.

"It looked like a mini blizzard in October," said Joe Orlando, spokesman for the New Jersey Turnpike Authority. "We're salting the roads and we haven't even gone trick-or-treating yet."

Up to a foot of snow was possible in parts of upstate New York, with wind blowing at 25 mph and gusting to 40 mph, and as much as 9 inches of snow was forecast in Vermont's mountains, the weather service said. Up to 13 inches of snow had fallen by Tuesday afternoon in Pennsylvania's Pocono Mountains.

Schools closed or delayed their openings in parts of Pennsylvania and New York state.

New York's Thruway Authority said Interstate 84 was closed for part of the morning at the New York-Pennsylvania line in the Port Jervis area. It was reopened by late morning.

Stretches of Interstate 80 in northeastern Pennsylvania were closed intermittently because of multiple tractor-trailer wrecks, state agencies said.

PPL Corp. said about 39,000 of its customers in northeastern Pennsylvania lost power when the heavy, wet snow brought down trees and power lines. Utility companies in New Jersey said about 67,000 customers lost power, mostly in the northern part of the state, and New York State Electric & Gas said about 14,000 customers in southern New York counties were without electricity Tuesday evening.

Arrival delays into New York's La Guardia Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport were averaging more than two hours in the middle of the afternoon because of wind. Low ceilings were delaying some flights out of Philadelphia's airport more than four hours, the Federal Aviation Administration reported.

Elsewhere, light snow fell at higher elevations of the southern Appalachians. National Park Service spokesman Bob Miller said U.S. 441 through Great Smoky Mountains National Park in Tennessee and North Carolina was closed for part of the morning while crews spread sand.

jj pantera
10-28-2008, 10:15 PM
That Sucks

:nopity:

phragle
10-28-2008, 10:20 PM
let the record show, I am IN FAVOR of gobal warming. hmmm global warming vs. $400 a month heating bills, shoveling snow, road salt on the caddie... carbon footprint..I want carbon snowshoes!!!!

PARADOX
10-28-2008, 10:49 PM
This "globe" been warming since the last ice age. :sifone:

BBB725
10-29-2008, 05:59 AM
Global warming is the old phrase, now it's climate change, that way no matter what happens with the weather the tree huggers can scream the sky is falling.:D

Sea-Dated
10-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Global Warming was a nice catch phrase to make Gore a chit load of money and nothing else.

MarylandMark
10-29-2008, 06:42 PM
To be honest Clay when you posted global warming I was hoping for pics of some chicks trying to cool off

stecz20
10-29-2008, 07:34 PM
To be honest Clay when you posted global warming I was hoping for pics of some chicks trying to cool off

me too, what is this crap clay....:03::03:

fund razor
10-29-2008, 07:41 PM
If the globe is warming... why didn't car seat heaters become popular outside of germany until recently?

Hmmmm.

phragle
10-29-2008, 07:53 PM
car seat heaters?? with all the hot air we blow out of our collective azzes on a daily basis, who needs car seat heaters???

fund razor
10-29-2008, 08:22 PM
car seat heaters?? with all the hot air we blow out of our collective azzes on a daily basis, who needs car seat heaters???

I like em for the first ten minutes. Prevents that cold back shiver thingy.
Then I start roasting.

Wrinkleface
10-29-2008, 08:53 PM
I like em for the first ten minutes. Prevents that cold backside shiver gassy thingy.
Then I start roasting.

I thought U told me Depends help keep U warm Bubba!!!:leaving:

phragle
10-29-2008, 11:45 PM
do those excercises..a tone anal sphincter will prevent anal leakage.....