PDA

View Full Version : Any work in the Chicago 'burbs?

Sydwayz
04-30-2009, 10:50 AM
Hey guys; stab in the dark here:

My Dad was just forced into retirement from his company. He's 69 years old, and has been doing enterprise sales in the printing industry for 30+ years.

He's 10 months shy of his 70th birthday, and he has it in his head that he wants to work until he's 70, maybe more. He's a farm boy from NC, healthy as an ox, and just doesn't quit.

He's still got irons in the fire with the printing stuff trying to close a few deals he had in motion; but he really does want to work a bit longer. If he doesn't find something, he's going to finish his basement as an investment in the house to make money when they pull the rip cord and move south.

Let me know if you guys have/know/hear of anything that might fit.

Thank you very much.

klaw
04-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Brian Sorry to hear that. Real rough in printing buisness right bow we are down to 3 days a week and will prob get smaller

Some of the OEMs that manufacture presses may also fold. I was hoping for 10 more years for me but dont think that is in the cards. We are refocusing on the converting indusrtry as offest newspaper buisness will continue to shrink in the next 5 years.

Wish him luck for me

Sydwayz
04-30-2009, 12:21 PM
I figured you would see this and appreciate. TechnoTrans basically cut the company in half last week. Newspaper is shrinking so fast is not even funny. He knew he didn't have much time left in printing, and a recession really hits printing hard & fast.

He's a Corvette and Powerboat aficionado, so his fallback was to do part time sales. Well, that's not exactly going to work out now either.

I wish you well as well.

phragle
04-30-2009, 12:42 PM
chicago?? he could print acorn pamphlets....

(As I duck the things being thrown at me) Sorry, couldn't resist...

Sydwayz
04-30-2009, 12:45 PM
chicago?? he could print acorn pamphlets....

(As I duck the things being thrown at me) Sorry, couldn't resist...

That's actually pretty funny! Flying fockers.

redhotsommer
04-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Wish I could help, being in Chicago and a fellow Corvette and Powerboat enthusiast..but we're on 4 days right now and things aren't looking great in the manufacturing industry.

I'm not worried, though...I'm fairly certain the government will take care of me in the future. :ack2:

MILD THUNDER
05-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Call Kurt. He owns this marina, and also has a local musclecar/race car newsletter business. Last I talked to him he was looking for someone to help sales by going to local speedshops, businesses, etc, and promote/sell his magazines. He's a super nice guy. I forget the name of his magazine, but I am sure the car guys around here know it. his number is on his website.

http://westermansmarina.com/about.htm