PDA

View Full Version : Issues with my Gaffrig gauge.

VetteLT193
04-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Bottom line is I bought new Gaffrig gauges a while back and finally installed them in my boat. 1 gauge out of 10 is screwed up. I figured, no big deal, it happens to every product at some point, I got a dud... Gaffrig will fix it.

sent the picture to Gaffrig, they were responsive until they got the picture, now they are off the face of the earth. This has been in the boat for 3 weeks on the trailer. not even in the water.

For one 40 dollar gauge they lost all my business.

make sure you click to zoom in on the pic, it actually looks better after the upload re-sized it. Oddly enough you can't read the gauge in real life unless you already know the what the numbers are.

FastDonzi
04-27-2009, 09:24 PM
Damn. What is that, Japanese? You'd think they would just send you another. where did you buy them from?

Ratickle
04-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Did you call them?

Chris
04-28-2009, 07:12 AM
Is it moisture, or is it bad printing on the face?

Did you buy these from their distributor or dealer? I would go there.

Tomas Wallin
04-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Is it moisture, or is it bad printing on the face?

Did you buy these from their distributor or dealer? I would go there.

So I guess the needle is printed as well...:ack2::sifone:

PARADOX
04-28-2009, 12:02 PM
I had a mechanical speedo brake, the niddle tip broke off. Gaffrieg gave me a hard time about warranteing the speedo, but eventually with some discussions we came to terms.
Don't give up on them just yet. Talk to the right guys.

Warlock28SXT
04-28-2009, 09:07 PM
They were good to me. I had my GPS speedo take a crap. I took the speedo to them. We went for a ride in their test car. Speedo had failed. They replaced the guts $0. Been fine so far. Call them and talk tp them don't b!tch 1st and ask later. Hell send me the gauge and I stop by with it.

northernoffshore
04-29-2009, 08:23 AM
Gaffrigs are the ones that are always faded and broken.

BBB725
04-29-2009, 08:46 AM
Gaffrigs are the ones that are always faded and broken.

Like this?

VetteLT193
04-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Part of the problem is I bought them a while ago from CP, and now they have dropped the Gaffrig line.

The problem is water inside of it. It's past what I would call moisture. :boxing_smiley:

The picture above from BBB are actually Livorsi gauges... You can tell the difference because the Gaffrig by Livorsi's only have one horizontal line where the Gaffrig by Gaffrig has 3 horizontal lines in the logo... the ones that hit the "G" in the name.

45Sonic
04-30-2009, 07:19 AM
That why I went with Autometer when I redid my dash. sorry about your problem hope they get it straightened out for you.

VetteLT193
04-30-2009, 08:56 AM
That why I went with Autometer when I redid my dash. sorry about your problem hope they get it straightened out for you.

Based on their response so far, they won't do anything. I just want to warn others that it is not worth the time or effort to buy their products.

I'll go with Autometer, Livorsi, or even Teleflex next time. I wish VDO was still in the game making something that looked good, because the original 20 year old VDO's were fine.

Chris
04-30-2009, 09:08 AM
You really shouldn't have to beg someone to make it right.

VetteLT193
04-30-2009, 12:55 PM

I feel the same way... I really expected that would have just asked me to send it back so they could fix or replace it. It's 1 frikken gauge.

MacGyver
04-30-2009, 02:06 PM
Buy a new gauge and three weeks later return the bad one :)

stecz20
04-30-2009, 05:11 PM
why dont you call them and ask for bob... if you like ill call them and ill ask for bob...

Chris
04-30-2009, 05:18 PM
From what I'm being told, Gaffrig management has been made aware and someone will be coming here shortly to address the situation. Pending that, let's give the Gaffrig guys some breathing room to respond.

Thanks.

VetteLT193
04-30-2009, 06:20 PM
If you think I have jumped the gun I'll delete the thread.

I'm super flexible, everyone gets busy, and I am super understanding... what got me is this is the last contact I got, which was from last Friday.

HI BOB,

I RECEIVED YOUR PICTURE AND I WILL HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU ON MONDAY.

THANKS,
...name removed...

I didn't hear back at all, which is really not a big deal compared to the email... What kind of suggestions am I going to get? Just sounds to me like they aren't going to do anything. That's what got me going.

jet
04-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Try Livorsi they make nice stuff and have nothing to do with the (New Gaffrig named junk)

stecz20
04-30-2009, 07:26 PM

I'm super flexible, everyone gets busy, and I am super understanding... what got me is this is the last contact I got, which was from last Friday.

I didn't hear back at all, which is really not a big deal compared to the email... What kind of suggestions am I going to get? Just sounds to me like they aren't going to do anything. That's what got me going.

with stecz in your corner do you really believe that... come on baby.... gotta believe....:03::03:

Ratickle
04-30-2009, 10:45 PM

Just gonna give you my opinion.

Don't delete the thread, rename it to something like, Have you guys had trouble with Gaffrig. Then let all the members help. I notified them of the thread. Now, I'm a little prejudiced. The boats I've redone have their stuff. No problems for me.

One of the things we said before the site was started, give people a chance. If you were on the receiving end, we'd also try to help. Last Friday you got a message they'd get back to you on Monday and Monday you started this thread?

Stuff happens, we all know it, lets see what happens. Okay?

GAFFRIG11
05-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Serious Offshore Members,

Gaffrig Performance has been in business for over 25 years now. We have been complimented on our customer service and products by many happy boaters over our many years of business.

We do not generally work out our customer service issues through forums, however we were contacted by your moderator regarding this thread and felt it necessary to assure to you that we always have and always will conduct our business dealings with class and professionalism.

So much is lost in the translation of emails and forum posts that a one on one phone conversation can cure. We apologize for the miscommunication to " VetteLT193 " and never want any customer to feel he has slipped through the cracks. Please give us a call so that the email you received from us can be discussed.

Our goal is to leave each of our customers with a great Gaffrig experience so that we can be around another 25 years to come !

Thank you to all our customers for your past and future business and to all the understanding and positive responses received on this thread. Also thank you to the moderator for contacting us regarding this thread. It sounds like you guys are trying to operating a clean, fair forum giving boaters an opportunity to communicate.

Have a great boating season!

Mike Schultz

phragle
05-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Said it before... it's not the problem that matters, its the resolution. the Japanese have a saying, learned it when I was studying japanes quality control (Deming)when I was managing a warehouse..

Fix the problem, not the blame.

looks like this problem will be resolved favorably. a plus for all parties involved.

Ted
05-01-2009, 12:06 PM
We appreciate the fact that you came on here to post Mike and we will continue to try and provide the most open and honest forum on offshore boating. Hopefully one of you can post the end result of this transaction and it can be resolved to all party's satisfaction. We look forward to hearing the outcome.

cigdaze
05-01-2009, 12:31 PM

Gaffrig Performance has been in business for over 25 years now. We have been complimented on our customer service and products by many happy boaters over our many years of business.

We do not generally work out our customer service issues through forums, however we were contacted by your moderator regarding this thread and felt it necessary to assure to you that we always have and always will conduct our business dealings with class and professionalism.

So much is lost in the translation of emails and forum posts that a one on one phone conversation can cure. We apologize for the miscommunication to " VetteLT193 " and never want any customer to feel he has slipped through the cracks. Please give us a call so that the email you received from us can be discussed.

Our goal is to leave each of our customers with a great Gaffrig experience so that we can be around another 25 years to come !

Thank you to all our customers for your past and future business and to all the understanding and positive responses received on this thread. Also thank you to the moderator for contacting us regarding this thread. It sounds like you guys are trying to operating a clean, fair forum giving boaters an opportunity to communicate.

Mike Schultz

Mike,
Welcome to Serious Offshore, and thank you for your thoughtful response. I'm sure you two will reach an amicable agreement. We look forward to this matter's resolution.
:)

fund razor
05-01-2009, 01:06 PM

Mike Schultz

Welcome Mike.

Totally understand why you don't do this kind of thing on forums, usually. Thanks for posting in this instance, and hope that you stay around.

Have a great season too!

VetteLT193
05-01-2009, 04:05 PM

Mike Schultz

Thanks Mike, got your email and will call you Monday (working late tonight)... Thanks for your reply! I feel 1000% better just to hear back from someone with a positive response. That's all I really ask for:)

BTW: I have a bunch of Gaffrig stuff in my boat and it's all been great except this one gauge.

And thanks Stectz. I already owe you a couple drinks, gotta pick up a whole night's tab now

stecz20
05-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks Mike, got your email and will call you Monday (working late tonight)... Thanks for your reply! I feel 1000% better just to hear back from someone with a positive response. That's all I really ask for:)

BTW: I have a bunch of Gaffrig stuff in my boat and it's all been great except this one gauge.

And thanks Stectz. I already owe you a couple drinks, gotta pick up a whole night's tab now

dont thank me.. i have people that do my dirty work for me... im just the face man....

thank mike, he came on here when we heard there was a problem and dealt with it... im also not one to point when there is a problem its how you fix the problem that makes relationships.....

i wish more were like mike, doing business would be a whole lot nicer.....

Ratickle
05-01-2009, 05:16 PM
im just the face man....

And we really got to work on that mug....:ack2:

HOTROD2
05-06-2009, 02:34 PM
"DON'T LOOK FOR FAULT - FIND A SOLUTION"
this saying hangs in my shop and it helps keep my sanity

DonMan
05-24-2009, 12:19 PM
Last update was May 1st.

23 days later .... any updates ?

I have an interest in seeing how this matter was resolved, or if it was resolved.

26 Spyder
06-04-2009, 12:01 PM
How did it go?

I have dealt with Mike in the past and have worked with him in person. He is a good man to deal with. All of my problems were solved with a phone call.

Ratickle
06-04-2009, 12:07 PM
How did it go?

I have dealt with Mike in the past and have worked with him in person. He is a good man to deal with. All of my problems were solved with a phone call.

I PM'd Vette At the end of May, and on the 28th he answered he'd been out of town the entire time and had not had a chance to contact Mike yet. But said he would as soon as he knew somthing.

I think he must have felt real comfortable that Mike had taken the time to answer.

Hopefully updates to follow.

ICDEDPPL
08-30-2009, 08:10 PM

EXACTLY!
Even thou Autometer directions for my GPS speedo were horrible, they did have great customer service and resolved the situation. In the end that`s what matters. Now for sure Ill keep buying Autometer

DAREDEVIL
08-31-2009, 12:08 PM
Nobody should have issues with GAFFRIG ,,Mike is a stand up guy as well as the company,,,just sometimes hard to get a hold of.
Also the statement from northernoffshore is absoluteley fals.
That was the time when Livorsi used the name gaffrig,,,the REAL Gaffrig's are water and fog proof,,altough it can happen during asembly that a gasket slips or breakes ,,,i guess that is what happend in this case.
I have been dealing with Gaffrig for a while now and he is also a sponsor for my race boat ,,never had any problems and he helped alot of my boating friends as well on pricing as on support.
Scott

Ratickle
08-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Mike came on and straightened everything up. No one begged, it was just a few days of difference in when they would talk again.