PDA

View Full Version : Tv

Pete B
04-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Well all the hype in the world about TV, and it still isnt bringing anyone closer to having a combined worlds. Short term thought seems to be, if we have TV everyone will come race with the respective organization. I am sure the production company knows their job.

Now ask yourself this, who is really excited about 12 boats in numerous classes? the general populace could really give a $hit less about something they dont undestand, let alone caputure thier attention for a Hour.

When the organizations/racer's start to realize that this is a form of entertaiment, to the general public not a stroke my ego because I race boats.
It is easy to see other forms of racing capture more attention because it is easier to follow! If there are numerous classes, they show the top tier Period!
all the lower classes get mentioned, but are not the spot light of the show.

Reduction of classes is where this starts, if your boat doesnt fit in a specific class, it more than likely isnt going to get the coverage.

Look at X-cat 20+ boats, all similar in design, same power, and somewhat affordable, and backed by a group that has financial power to offer huge payouts.

So where will Racing be at the end of 2009??

F1-00 Racing
04-27-2009, 01:05 AM
So where will Racing be at the end of 2009??

Thats the 20 million dollar question Pete, I guess at the end of the year we just need to shake the tree and see what falls. Best to you this year and hope to bump into you somewhere along the way.

trent

Pete B
04-27-2009, 02:44 AM
Trent,
Its really not that hard to look at when you look at the various different organizations around the world, and what their model is. The U.S. has TOO MANY CLASSES!
It would hurt some feelings, bruise some egos, etc. it is time for 2 classes, the rest is filler club racing at best. Some have spent 100's of thousands of dollars, to only race themselves, others have had visions of making a new class which only dilutes the rest.

Many say the old boats need a place to race, yes and no, they are only filler for the main event.

Ask your self honestly where this TV program will take you?? when you have teams like JBS that bring a lot of WOW Factor to a race and they dont have a high dollar sponsor!
how is the the P-5 think he is going to land a big fish???

Corporate America is failing, look at NHRA, Nascar, etc they are having issues getting sponsors. Just because of a deal for TV, doesnt mean the sponsor will come running with bags of money.

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Pete,
You would be suprised the sponsors SBI is talking to and the amount of interests. Like I have siad before its alot bigger then just TV. Stay Tune....

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 08:44 AM
I am a current member of SBI. Why no emails of this great news?

boatme
04-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Why was the last thread on this removed ??

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 08:59 AM
I guess Randy didnt want to hear it and felt he was wasiting his time.

Pete B
04-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Pete,
You would be suprised the sponsors SBI is talking to and the amount of interests. Like I have siad before its alot bigger then just TV. Stay Tune....

I have watched NOT just your group but all groups! If it works great.

But I recently watched someone get voted for president and the results arent so good for corporate america!

So just because I hear it doesnt mean it will happen. There have been way too many broken promises, or unfufilled dreams.
Sorry if this sound s negative but, the song remains the same!

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Pete you are in Media I'm really suprised you dont see the Value of a Major Net work show that airs to almost a 100 Million house holds. I would atleast with its a start....

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 09:09 AM
CBS will release a statement soon and I'm sure you will get an email if you r a member.
The Seminlole release alot of the info. on some other things in Clear Water and also in Miami.
Any info. that you would like let me know and I can email u and try to keep you up to date.

Wahoo 214
04-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Pete,

It is my understanding that there is a "combined US Worlds" in KW. Anyone that has raced with any Org in that year can go. Racers from overseas, SBI, OPA and OSS go. So what is wrong?

Is it only "combined" if OSS is running the site? I'm not clear on your post.

Thanks

I do also agree with that there are too many classes. Six is plenty four would be better

Sean Stinson
04-27-2009, 09:19 AM
I will state this as I always have the sport needs to unify....Just like Indy and CART did to bring it back to what it was!!!!!

Sean Stinson
04-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Not that Cart and Indy are back to where they were but at least it is on the right track

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Pete ,

I agree lots of things do fall apart but you have to go on and keep trying you cant give up. Things happen all the time just like an Org. schedule fall apart but i dont think it was broken promises, everyone is trying their best.

Pete B
04-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Pete you are in Media I'm really suprised you dont see the Value of a Major Net work show that airs to almost a 100 Million house holds. I would atleast with its a start....

I understand the value of having a POSSIBLE 100 Million Viewers, but let's be reasonable with numbers. HOW MANY would you say will watch??? And again, not bashing, or being negative, lets be realistic.

12 boats in 8 classes. What is the selling point??? Again dont take this as a negative, explain what the viewer will find intresting in this???

Doing articles for print, one can make it a four page story or a half page, and to the intrested reader they will spend 5 to 10 minutes reading it, look at the pics, then move to the next article.

IT is my opinion that the entertainment world we live in, with 100+ channels on TV. How many times have you flipped through the channels, all 100+, and said there aint JACK $HIT on TV. This will not change it IMO, it will certainly give another option.

But until the racers realize that there needs to be fewer classes, the organizers need to unite, any program will be sub-par from its overall potential. of course this is just MY opinion, and MY opinion is formed from watching other motorsports on TV, and in Person.

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Pete,
You keep saying 12 boats what makes you think when this is done it will be 12 boats.You are thinking small and not taking it to the next level.The show will air on Saturady afternoon Prime time so that should help and the 100 million number is the CMF's that slot draws.

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 09:42 AM
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpp/news/local/pinellas/clearwater_powerboat_races_042109

Pete B
04-27-2009, 09:47 AM
Pete,

It is my understanding that there is a "combined US Worlds" in KW. Anyone that has raced with any Org in that year can go. Racers from overseas, SBI, OPA and OSS go. So what is wrong?

Is it only "combined" if OSS is running the site? I'm not clear on your post.

Thanks

I do also agree with that there are too many classes. Six is plenty four would be better

It has nothing to do with SBI, OSS or OPA, each has a regional area at best.

there is also a Worlds that will be in Jupiter, Florida. That GEICO is sponsoring, I am sure it wont be a slouch of a race , as it will provide "BIGWATER" racing, who will attend that a catch a crown.

Pete B
04-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Pete,
You keep saying 12 boats what makes you think when this is done it will be 12 boats.You are thinking small and not taking it to the next level.The show will air on Saturady afternoon Prime time so that should help and the 100 million number is the CMF's that slot draws.

I am going by the first race which will air when?? OCT?? and will feature the MIAMI race which had 12 boats?? will there be a bigger boat count in future races , I certainly hope so.

Also If I recall OCT saturday afternoons is NCAA football season, not thinking small here but, maybe a Florida -Georgia game may have just a little more juice, not sure but, the millions of dollars poured into college sports would tell me otherwise.

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 10:09 AM
I guess time will tell, but most everyone that i talk to is excited and interested in racing on TV for their sponsors.

You talk about boat count and Miami how many boats do you think will be in Jupiter if it even happens 20 - 25 ?? Is that a Worlds ? But it doesnt matter and i dont think anyone care you brough the point up about boat count.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 10:10 AM
CBS will release a statement soon and I'm sure you will get an email if you r a member.
The Seminlole release alot of the info. on some other things in Clear Water and also in Miami.
Any info. that you would like let me know and I can email u and try to keep you up to date.

I appreciate that. I remain skeptical, but hopeful. Why not post some info here?

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Jim,
What is it you want to know.
The shows will start in Oct on CBS they will air on Saturady afternoons, time slots are still being looked at.
The cable will follow, 3 different channels with multiple showing.The cable show will run after the CBS show is run.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks , keep us posted.

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 10:22 AM
The media company is contacting all the cities that we race in and setting up Major press conferences to prom. the races before we get their. Booklets will be given out to all the local TV stations and tons of info. on all the teams.

This will all take time but do you really think Jim that a deal this big just came about yesterday. This has been workede on for almost 2 yrs and still new and different things happend everyday.

Dunbar 104
04-27-2009, 10:27 AM
What class is going to be focused on? All off them? What is or going to be done to get more boats out racing. Just doesn't add up to me. 12 boats in 8 classes on TV? and everyone is happy with that? I don't get it There is an angle somewhere.

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 10:29 AM
None of this is a secert... packets have gone out to Major advertiser already,and some of the bigger race teams so they have it in hand already.
That alot you u dont understand is that its not all about anyone sponsoring a boat its about selling advertising time on the show. Inturn that money becomes avalible to the boats.

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Funny how posts get deleted.....

Pete...why is this not good for our sport with the TV deal.....

This is so simple....racers from every Org come to K.W.

If you choise not to..so be it....

The question here should be...since your a OSS supporter....

Why did your Org not get this TV deal with more boats....if the boat count is what its all about....Were is your TV....

You as a fan....why are your post so negitive when it comes to other Orgs...

I don't want to mention other Orgs but since you keep on busting on other Orgs I will compare things to yours.....

Were is your boat count?
Why dose your Org keep adding class's?
Why is your boat count per class keep dropping?
Were is your TV...
So you see...for every negitive comment you can make about other orgs...there can be negitvive comments about yours...

We have all wish OSS the best when they added the Pro Am....none of us made any negitive comments...if you noticed...OPA andSBI racers continue to stay positive about our sport....We all said Ron is doing a good job...

Pete if you and guys like Randy want to better our sport...work on making your own Org better...and so will SBI/APBA and OPA...and that will make our sport better...not your negitivity....

In the last month...all we have heard is how other Orgs are stilling you racer site which ended up to be false...and complaining about how we are not joining up to unite....

You have heard nothing but positive comments from OPA and SBI/APBA on there race season...

SBI/APBA have some great new sites this year that will give great attention to our sport..
OPA has a new SV class that will bring back the SV Class...
There are so many great things thats happening with our sport when other sports are struggling...

But like always...its not possitive if its about other Orgs...

Pete B
04-27-2009, 10:42 AM
[/QUOTE]I guess time will tell, but most everyone that i talk to is excited and interested in racing on TV for their sponsors[QUOTE]

There is no question in my mind people would be intrested for the benefit of their sponsors. But again, I am asking not asking you about boat count, its done and in the books. the Miami race had 12 boats, almost 12 boats. How does one make this look great for television??? I only brought up Jupiter because of the fact GEICO has dumped a tremendous amount of money towards the sport is putting a event on, and will the racer's that they have supported over the last few years return the favor, and support thheir race?? I guess you can say it's a two way street, give a little , bend a little.

And in the end where will the sport be. The economy is tight, and will only get tighter,
as major corporations, are laying off, or elminating jobs all together. The Boating industry seen to many as a luxury, is on life support. It is time to start thinking about what can be done to unite. dont think a TV program will save offshore , because as we have seen in the past, if boat X gets more air time than Boat Z, Boat z and its people get ****ed off. the want to start their own group.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Gino,
last year you acted as the OPA spokes man. Now your seem to be acting as a SBI spokesman too.

Can't you you have a conversion with out pointing fingers?

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 10:50 AM
Frank,
Thanks for sharing the info. I look forward to more when it becomes available.

Gino, I am currently a member of SBI and OSS... Neither is My organization. Pete has an opinion and now OSS is his organization. Can you try to discuss some thing without say you ,you ,you?

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Gino,
last year you acted as the OPA spokes man. Now your seem to be acting as a SBI spokesman too.

Can't you you have a conversion with out pointing fingers?

Jim I am nobody's spokesman....and its funny I did not know I was not allowed to bring up positive things about our sport...

I did not here you speak up when Randy a board member of OSS was pointing fingures of stealing race sites...

I did not see you say anything when Pete was questioning SBI/APBA on there TV deal....

I'm sorry I did not know ,I as a racers was not allowed to stick up to the 2 racing Orgs I race in....

This must be another one of your rules...

Once again...I forgot...some board members can point fingers but racers can't respond...

If I brought up things about OSS...you for one would be the first one to say what do I care...and stick up for your Org....but I see...I'm just a spokesman..not a racer....

Dunbar 104
04-27-2009, 11:02 AM
This question keeps getting avoided. What is being done to get more that 1 boat in a class? Where will the racing be? The only thing I noticed is Fountain was the only one informed about TV.

Pete B
04-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Funny Gino,
You still havent learned how to use spell check!

As like many forums this one is also open to whoever cares to write something!
does this really matter to you that I comment???

I really dont care if it is OSS, SBI or OPA, NHRA or ABC for what it really matters, I am not even in the United States, and wont be for quite some time. I see your BS writings about basically nothing just to hear yourself talk, and not spell very good!
As a adult do yourself a favor, learn to spell, or use spell check.

Tell me about the great things, Gino
the boating industry is in great shape right!!
keep your head buried in the sand, and listen to what your handlers tell you to say.

This thread was started on the premise of what does a TV show bring, first show 12 boats, 8 classes. nothing negative just facts! sorry you cant handle the facts.

As for OSS, their course is their course! People have shown intrest in racing open boats when close to thier area in the country, OSS made it possible. Good choice or bad, not sure?? doesnt effect SVL and certainly doesnt effect Supercat!

I see when a few others comment, you say nothing! why is that??? maybe they are entitled to a opinion, just the same as you.

So you just keep thinking all is great in your little world, it just may be! before you know it you will be on a box of Wheaties, with all your ego for the world to see! Maybe they will make a extra large box!!

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Gino,
It was just a question. You are some defensive.

Randys post didn't name names initially. He didn't drag up the past. Say what you want.

Being respectful is the only rule.

Pete asked a legitimate question where there not 11 boats?

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 11:44 AM
Funny Gino,
You still havent learned how to use spell check!

As like many forums this one is also open to whoever cares to write something!
does this really matter to you that I comment???

I really dont care if it is OSS, SBI or OPA, NHRA or ABC for what it really matters, I am not even in the United States, and wont be for quite some time. I see your BS writings about basically nothing just to hear yourself talk, and not spell very good!
As a adult do yourself a favor, learn to spell, or use spell check.

Tell me about the great things, Gino
the boating industry is in great shape right!!
keep your head buried in the sand, and listen to what your handlers tell you to say.

This thread was started on the premise of what does a TV show bring, first show 12 boats, 8 classes. nothing negative just facts! sorry you cant handle the facts.

As for OSS, their course is their course! People have shown intrest in racing open boats when close to thier area in the country, OSS made it possible. Good choice or bad, not sure?? doesnt effect SVL and certainly doesnt effect Supercat!

I see when a few others comment, you say nothing! why is that??? maybe they are entitled to a opinion, just the same as you.

So you just keep thinking all is great in your little world, it just may be! before you know it you will be on a box of Wheaties, with all your ego for the world to see! Maybe they will make a extra large box!!

Pete...you are intidled to your opion...and comments...just like I am...
and I see your question...but...asking what will a TV deal with 12 boats do any good for our sport....I'm reponding to it as EVERYTHING....and it is possitive...you don't own a race team and you do not race...so let me tell you alittle something...any TV exposure to a race team is a big plus...and its also big to our sport...and if you would invest 200k and own a team you would see that....so maybe instead of looking to the negtive on this TV deal....look to the possitive things it brings to the racers and owners...THATS MY POINT...

But don't sit there and tell me your post is not to knock SBI/APBA...you do this all the time...

You want me to tell you the great things in our sport...I will

OPA:
Will have just as many boats if not more in 2009 in a bad economy.
They have a new SV class that will have 8 boats in it there first year.
OPA has secured all of last years race sites again for 2009.

SBI/APBA:
Will have one of if not the biggest TV deals in our sport
They have secured 2 new great race sites
They have secured the Worlds in K.W. again...

OSS:
Has added a open canopy class in the Pro AM...

So if you don't thing that a possitive thing for our sport then you should wake up...

And now you want to bring in the marine industy...were did I say anything about the marine industry...I said our sport...if you have not noticed...its not just the marine industry that has fallen off...it the whole economy...

And thats your comment to me...I can't spell...really..yeap now you'll tell me thats killing our sport to....

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Gino,
It was just a question. You are some defensive.

Randys post didn't name names initially. He didn't drag up the past. Say what you want.

Being respectful is the only rule.

Pete asked a legitimate question where there not 11 boats?

Jim Yes...Randy did get mad when I posted that SBI/APBA got the Clearwater race...so yes...even Smitty had to point out to him that his Org has been doing this....

Jim, I would think since you race in OSS and SBI/APBA this new TV deal would be great news for your team even with 12 boats...if you get your team on National TV and get any type of exposure that it would be great for your team and anyone else that gets exporsure......along with the Clearwater race...
If you don't think National TV is good for you...well thats your opion...but if you want to get sponsors it will be huge...

Dunbar 104
04-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Ask again what will been done about the lack of racing. I could care less if I was on TV for 30 minutes if I am not racing anyone. Why do I care cause I don't race SBI, cause 12 boats in 8 classes makes offshore a joke for everyone.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Gino, I agree the TV is good.

I hope it works out and it can continue to grow our sport.

The Randy thread is gone lets move forward.

Ted
04-27-2009, 12:01 PM
Please continue with the discussion boys, but also please respect each other personally, even if you disagree with someone's opinion. Thanks.

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Gino, I agree the TV is good.

I hope it works out and it can continue to grow our sport.

The Randy thread is gone lets move forward.

Jim...I know the Randy tread is deleted...thats my point...take your jabs and then delete your posts..and say lets move on.....while fans ask why can't we unite...its becasue of ego's....

So if you think I'm not going to defend the 2 Orgs I support when someone wants to blame other Orgs for killing our sport...then sorry...I will speak up just like you would..we both want the same thing for our sport...so I think when something possitive comes up in ANY org...we should all support it...and be possitive...

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Dunbar,
SBI has 65 reg. boat and if the money comes so will the boats. Miami was one race and as always no suprise it is rough and not a race of choice for alot of teams for the first race of the yr.
SBI is talking to alot of teams as we speak and working on sponsors for all it will take time but it all we have going for us now, unless you know about something better that i dont know about.

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Now back to Pete's question....

Here are the POSSITIVE comments on the TV deal:

1. Exposure to a race team and the sport is very big.
2. Approaching sponsors...the first thing any potential sponsor will ask you is how many households will there product been seen on TV
3. With a National TV show..it bring crediility to the sport.
4. You can have just as good as a show with 3 boat racing deck to deck then have 15 boat all spread out over a 5 mile course...it all comes down to the producing of the show..
5. It will bring in new teams to our sport when they see the visability the sport is getting..
6. It will bring in more teams to race there so they also can get the benifit of the exposure.

So if the comment is the show will suck becasue there will only be 12 boats there...then the question should be to the racers...then why not step up and do some races there to get more boats at a race site...instead of saying 12 boats racing is a joke....the invitations are out to all race teams....if all you want to do is complain on how that Org is being run...then put your own TV deal together and all the race teams will come to your site...

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Gino, Randy started and ended his thread on his own. I can only say I tried to defend and open the discussion of unity.. It seems hopeless at times...The resistance is obvious.... I will remain hopeful and support a different group than you.

The first event at Biloxi was a good one. I expect the remaining events will be great. Cumberland is excited, Sunny Isle is a awesome with the Bimini run and FRC poker Run. Copeland's Kenner race will be good as well. I am proud to be a part of it. I hope some other teams will attend an Event and witness OSS first hand.

I entered all the events in the Forum special events calender. There are some conflicts with dates, but overall they have a nice spread to them. It is possible to attend everyone's final races.

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Randy started and ended his thread on his own. I can only say I tried to defend and open the discussion of unity.. It seems hopeless at times...The resistance is obvious.... I will remain hopeful and support a different group than you.

The first event at Biloxi was a good one. I expect the remaining events will be great. Cumberland is excited, Sunny Isle is a awesome with the Bimini run and FRC poker Run. Copeland's Kenner race will be good as well. I am proud to be a part of it. I hope some other teams will attend an Event and witness OSS first hand.

I entered all the events in the Forum special events calender. There are some conflicts with dates, but overall they have a nice spread to them. It is possible to attend everyone's final races.

Jim...and I think thats great that you are running all big events...and again...united will not happen when the things are going down the way they have...like OPEN SEASONS coming from a board member......you can say well that in the past..but its not...OPA and SBI/APBA have been tried to be back doored on there sites..so you cant talk united with this type of thing is going on....if other Orgs don't see things the way you do then let it be and let things take there course...

and I have not seen any negitive post on OSS's race in Biloxi or any of your race sites...all the Orgs are consetrating on there own race sites....thats my point...Were have the negitive posts come from...

OSS's sites are great and I wish you the best of luck on them...and I'm sure most if not all racers feel that way...So why can't we just be positive on everything thats going on in our sport...no matter what Org it is.....

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 12:46 PM
I didn't say I was running all big events. The opportunity is there.

So, in response to your back door comment. Ron is the only one willing to discuss things with the other orgs. He has stated that publicly more than once.

The fans, the media, some racers have called for some unifying discussion. Only OSS has made any such attempt. So keep dragging up the past. It is just a spin tactic to me.

2TR
04-27-2009, 12:52 PM
Could some one (anyone) please explain to me the benefit in having a joint OSS/OPA/SBI race?

Seriously... I keep reading how the OSS openly would like to work with other Org's, but the question is How?

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 12:54 PM
2TR,
Great question.

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 01:04 PM
I didn't say I was running all big events. The opportunity is there.

So, in response to your back door comment. Ron is the only one willing to discuss things with the other orgs. He has stated that publicly more than once.

The fans, the media, some racers have called for some unifying discussion. Only OSS has made any such attempt. So keep dragging up the past. It is just a spin tactic to me.

We all have asked for joint races...but if terms cannot be worked out then so be it...all racers have been invited to every Org to race...and you and I will run which ever races that benifit our team...along with ever other racer...

Every Org has there sites posted....some overlap each other...that is going to happen...if things cannot be worked out between the Orgs there is nothing stopping the racers from attending other Orgs sites...like has been happening...

What you call a spin tactic...others call fact...personally like I have said in other post....I have heard many things...first hand...call it what you want...but they have been right on with there comments...so we should let them play out....in the mean time Smitty, JC and Ron will do there jobs in running there Orgs....and we the racers will race.....

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Could some one (anyone) please explain to me the benefit in having a joint OSS/OPA/SBI race?

Seriously... I keep reading how the OSS openly would like to work with other Org's, but the question is How?

2TR,
Great question.

The million dollar question for sure.

Having all the racers together can make a better show and event. Will it or can it happen I am skeptical. There have been numerous discussions by fans , some racers, and some promoters to unify the Offshore racing effort.

It may not be possible, but everything starts with a discussion, some compromise, and an agreement of sorts.

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 01:14 PM

Simple...and correct me if I'm wrong....
The Org...wheater OPA or SBI/APBA would have to pay for OSS to attend a race...and/or...not pay the full membership fees for the year just a entre fee for that race....also there inspectors and staff that will have to be paid to attend...and prise money would have to be paid to there racers in addition to the normal pay out to OPA or SBI/APBA race teams...which means that the hosting site would have to raise more money to pay them for attending....vice the higher dollor amount that is need to put on a race then OPA or SBI/APBA.....I have heard that if OSS brought there own prise money and paid there own staff and put up some money for the extra safety and assention needs it would be done....but heard that they would not do that...

Jim...is that about right....or can someone on here tell us what was proposed for OSS to attend another Orgs site...

F1-00 Racing
04-27-2009, 01:15 PM
When Pete first started this thread, I gave a simple answer of lets see at the end of the year. Why now does that question have to be answered? TV brings a lot of potential, will it be capitalized on? Who knows. The proof is in the pudding and the only way is to answer it is to wait and see. We can all go back and forth.

Bottom line, if your happy with OSS, knock yourself out and go race your 2 confirmed race sites, I am sure that more will fall into place, hopefully. Go race in OPA with the new SV class that isnt teched or sealed, but there in the same ballpark class, knock yourselves out. Go race SBI keeping in mind all the promises in the past and their results. Ya know, do your thing. If you want to do your homework and go behind all the orgs with what they are saying and call the tv channel directors of programming then do it, I do.

I was always told that potentials would love to sponsor me if we had tv, now I get to call BS as I am in the process of calling them back with the CBS deal. CBS is only a tool, if you want to benefit from it, great I'm sure I'll see ya in a few places this year, if not to quote Allweiss via Jim "Shut Up and Race"

Regards,

Trent

Ratickle
04-27-2009, 01:21 PM

NFL/AFL

NBA/ABA

Indy/Cart

A single, unified group succeeds. Most of us are in this because of growing up and knowing about Rocky, Betty, Rich, Charlie, Tom, etc. And that was because they had coverage. Now we don't have the coverage, therefore we don't attract like we should.

And it wouldn't even matter if it was a weekend event at one location where the GPS classes ran on Sat's (Nationwide series) and the spec classes ran on Sunday (Cup series). It just needs to be an event unlike anything that's been seen for years.

I am not a promoter, and I bet I could arrange coverage for a race where all the racers were at.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Simple yes. OSS has a complete staff and doesn't rely as much on volunteers. Yes, there are paid professionals on the staff. Yes, it is possible to attend OSS races at little expense as a visiting team. Yes, OSS has a strict inspection staff. Yes, OSS is more expensive. Yes, that involves meetings in rooms and banquet halls. Yes, OSS cuts a check at awards, Yes, OSS is willing to discuss future seasons. Yes, OSS is interested in growing the sport and answering fans needs......

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 01:28 PM
NFL/AFL

NBA/ABA

Indy/Cart

A single, unified group succeeds. Most of us are in this because of growing up and knowing about Rocky, Betty, Rich, Charlie, Tom, etc. And that was because they had coverage. Now we don't have the coverage, therefore we don't attract like we should.

And it wouldn't even matter if it was a weekend event at one location where the GPS classes ran on Sat's (Nationwide series) and the spec classes ran on Sunday (Cup series). It just needs to be an event unlike anything that's been seen for years.

I am not a promoter, and I bet I could arrange coverage for a race where all the racers were at.

You are right....the bottom line is racers need to races and promoters need to promote....to many chiefs not enough indians

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Bottom line, if your happy with OSS, knock yourself out and go race your 2 confirmed race sites,

Regards,

Trent

This is hopeless discussion.

There are more than 2 races this season. In fact OSS will have completed two before an other group has its first.

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 01:33 PM
Simple yes. OSS has a complete staff and doesn't rely as much on volunteers. Yes, there are paid professionals on the staff. Yes, it is possible to attend OSS races at little expense as a visiting team. Yes, OSS has a strict inspection staff. Yes, OSS is more expensive. Yes, that involves meetings in rooms and banquet halls. Yes, OSS cuts a check at awards, Yes, OSS is willing to discuss future seasons. Yes, OSS is interested in growing the sport and answering fans needs......

Thanks Jim....and I don't think anyone is saying that you don't have a very professional staff of workers...you do....but the bottom line is...it costs alot of money to bring in a joint race with OSS....and if the other Orgs cannot afford that...then so be it...that dose not mean we don't want a joint race...it means your cost to bring you in cannot be done....

So the bottom line is....its not that Orgs don't want a joint race...they just don't agree with your teams to do so due to funds....

But is it possible for OSS to raise these funds to come to another Orgs site...
Maybe have your staff do a one race volunteer with no pay...for the sake of a joint race..
Maybe have a fun rasier to rasie the prise money needed and help out on the extra safety...
Raise your entre fee's to help pay for a joint race...
Just some thoughts...

2TR
04-27-2009, 01:34 PM
I have heard that if OSS brought there own prise money and paid there own staff and put up some money for the extra safety and assention needs it would be done....but heard that they would not do that...

So OSS's idea of a "Joint Race" is to have another organization (or site) pay everything for them to show up and race. Well if thats the case I would be pushing for joint events too if I was OSS...

As for the TV Coverage; who care if it's one boat driving around in circles. Someone is willing to pay for this to on TV and it will get some attention (and some is better than none)

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 01:34 PM
But you need a schedule to do all of that Jim, and sites are getting harder and harder to get.

Jim I have a question I guess just like everyone else, why does OSS keep races on their schedule that are cancelled and one that are not signed and possible not going to happen. Nothing meant dont add or reading anything in to it, it is a far question.
Jupiter isnt even done I know its being talked about and as of the conference call last tues it isnt done so how is everyone talking about a Worlds that might not even happen.

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 01:41 PM
So OSS's idea of a "Joint Race" is to have another organization (or site) pay everything for them to show up and race. Well if thats the case I would be pushing for joint events too if I was OSS...

As for the TV Coverage; who care if it's one boat driving around in circles. Someone is willing to pay for this to on TV and it will get some attention (and some is better than none)

Thats what I have been told from first hand knowledge...and you for one know how hard it is to raise money to put on a race since you are involved in the Harrison race...its just not lets have a joint race....

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 02:05 PM

No, There is more to it than Gino's simplified version .

OSS has extended offers to other groups to do just that show up and race..
Last season there were open invites to race and one races special entry fees.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-27-2009, 02:11 PM
Respectfully guys I am done trying to offer a balance of opinion. My views are not necessarily OSS views. If you don't want to see what it is about don't. Everybody is welcome to race with OSS. If you haven't raced with OSS please don't judge on here say.

Best of luck everyone.. I am going to now shut up and race:seeya:

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Jim,
Likewise everyone is invited to race any or all of the SBI events they like.

2TR
04-27-2009, 02:22 PM

Thats Great, and there have been open offers from every Organization to every team, That's not my question mine was the "Joint Race" part.. but I'll let it go for now, but if Ron or Randy wish to e-mail me I'm all ears about Harrison, MI.

MM, I agree If a team wants to race with OPA, SBI or OSS or all three more power to them.

Myself I'm trying to do Cumberland with OSS and some OPA rounds.

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 02:23 PM

Well Jim...thats why I ask is it correct or not....So OSS would attend a race with no money given to them...what about prise money...the sites would not be able to pay your prise purse...if you guys were ok with that and would put up some money to pay for extra safety....I would think other Orgs would be up for that...

I'm just asking a question here..see maybe were not that far away from putting something thogether...

Wahoo 214
04-27-2009, 02:24 PM
NFL/AFL

NBA/ABA

Indy/Cart

Here is the rub. I don't believe a single group succeeds. APBA didn't. At this time OPA has the largest boat count, but if OPA ruled the country, I highly doubt the majority of the Teams would travel the entire country racing. Few could afford it and many of those who could wouldn't because we don't want a hobby to become a job. I am assuming this is why the OSS boat count is dropping.

The second point is why would the "GPS" classes accept racing on Sat? At this moment, they are offshore racing like it or not. I suspect that that attitude of GPS classes being Amatures is a huge part of joint events not happening.

Finally, as a promoter, why would we take on additional costs to bring in a second Org? If you want to race, race with the Org in charge at that event. I have asked this of Randy with no response, just deleted threads. How does a joint event make the promoter money? Are you bring a purse, sponsors, and or cash? What can the second Org bring to the table? SBI could bring TV and I like that thought. You guys want to do a joint race in Harrison?

Hauling Trash
04-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Is it True that Hard Rock is buying SBI ??????? Or is that a done deal ?????????

AugiePensa
04-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Guys, I remember back in 2004, 2005 SBI had TV and even earlier. When I was able to get home on a Saturday to watch the show with my Family it was GREAT. My kids were so proud of their Dad even when we didn't win so TV to me is very good! TV for any racing association would be benifical to us all and remember, TV adds 10 pounds...In my case, 20 to 30 pounds. Oh, and by the way...OPA SUCK$

F1-00 Racing
04-27-2009, 02:55 PM

ok let me try and sum this up, Jim please work with me and correct me if I'm wrong.

Due to past history, beyond Polli's control(before Polli) OSS has not been perfect and has pulled some shady moves to the other organizations. Ron came in full of we we and vinager and saw the need for unification and tryed to work things out, unfortunatly he was told no by the other 2 organizations. It isnt his fault, by any means, its the fault of the previous regime of OSS. I will quote a current BOD member directly to me"Our past is coming back to haunt us" So now it is obviously been noted that there will be no joint races in the future. With it being stated that OSS is the bestest by Candy, Pete, and others, why are they beating a dead horse and when it doesnt happen, whine and cry about it. They are the bestest!!! They shouldnt need to approach the other orgs for unity. If they are so great they will stand on their own 2 feet and succeed w/o the other orgs. SBI and OPA arent calling them to come and race. Jim you yourself has stated that you are a SBI/OSS member, ok you did what you needed to do to become both. Why cant Candy? Now instead of being adult and telling SBI congrats on your tv deal, they want to question it and down it, but if OSS had pulled off the same deal it would be the bestest. I get the private messages to behave, after I was told that I am a POS racer and because I am not on any BOD, I know nothing.

uggh this isnt achomplishing anything except wasting my time and keeping me off the phone trying to capitalize on the CBS deal.

In summary, OSS is the bestest and can do no wrong, they are perfect and us other crappy orgs only wish to be half the org that OSS is. Maybe one day they will let us in the inner sanctum and fill us in on how the perfect club is run. With Candy pointing out that I am a no knowing racer, it is proper for me to bow down to the almighty when he walks in the room? Do I have permission to even look at him?

Funny thing is Ron inherited a total mess, it was on life support, but that shows what a heck of a job he has done, OSS is still going strong, congrats to him, seriously!

Also Jim, in my last post you decided to only quote what I said negative(facts) about OSS, why didnt you quote the negative things(facts) I said about the other 2 orgs. Why so defensive about the perfect club? All orgs have fleas, pick the best one or the best race sites that meets the need of your team and this internet banter might just stop.

Be safe to all and hope to cross paths with you and have a blast doing what we ALL love to do, boat race.

Trent

F1-00 Racing
04-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Is it True that Hard Rock is buying SBI ??????? Or is that a done deal ?????????

I dont believe that is the case, I am pretty sure that JC is still the man, but the Hard Rock sees potential for themselves and their vendors with SBI and they are investing into tv and other things dealing with SBI. I am sure Frank can clarify this but SBI is SBI, Hard Rock is Hard Rock

boatme
04-27-2009, 03:08 PM

Let me answer this

You have one shot to get momentum, the last thing you need is to get it covered only to have the TV guys lose interest

You need a good field, lots of back stories, a few characters, and some good racing, or it won’t last very long and be even longer returning

If TV is on the horizon then the key is to build on the momentum or you won’t see anyone in a hurry to try it again

2TR
04-27-2009, 03:13 PM

No, I think you have that back-wards. SBI Bought Hard Rock.

Just show you SBI card at any Hard Rock and get a free burger and fry' :drool5:

Ratickle
04-27-2009, 03:13 PM
No, I think you have that back-wards. SBI Bought Hard Rock.

Just show you SBI card at any Hard Rock and get a free burger and fry' :drool5:

You wish.....:sifone:

2TR
04-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Let me answer this

You have one shot to get momentum, the last thing you need is to get it covered only to have the TV guys lose interest

You need a good field, lots of back stories, a few characters, and some good racing, or it won’t last very long and be even longer returning

If TV is on the horizon then the key is to build on the momentum or you won’t see anyone in a hurry to try it again

If it's any thing like Supercross it dont matter.. AMA/FIM/MONSTER..buy a 1Hr block and they sell the ads, not the station.

If someone is to buy a 1hr (or 30min) block on CBS to do with it as he likes so be it. As long as the bills getting paid CBS wont lose interest because it's like a infomercial.

boatme
04-27-2009, 03:18 PM
If it's any thing like Supercross it dont matter.. AMA/FIM/MONSTER..buy a 1Hr block and they sell the ads, not the station.

If someone is to buy a 1hr (or 30min) block on CBS to do with it as he likes so be it. As long as the bills getting paid CBS wont lose interest because it's like a infomercial.

This is true but you want more than a bought show, you want a production

I hope that the momentum is capitalized and it helps it to grow

F1-00 Racing
04-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Let me answer this

Boat me respectfully, How will the tv guys lose interest, they sold 8 episodes to the Seminole Indians and with this being a multi million dollar deal I am sure, you think CBS cares? The Seminoles however have to keep interest and with them being displaced to OK years ago and them reaquiring America back 1 cheeseburger at a time, I am sure they know what they are doing. They just didnt walk up to JC yest and say we are buying you tv, this has taken place over 3-4 years. Maybe they see something everyone doesnt, I hope so for the benefit of all offshore. Yes I am drinking the CBS Koolaid, there I said it, I had some brief discussions with the Seminole reps in Miami and seeing how they do business is why I am drinking the koolaid on that side of the fence. If another org had better tools to work with, I'd be there. I guess I have drank other koolaids in the past and got shafted, what do I have to lose? Does another org have something better to offer at this time?

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 03:26 PM
I respect Jim's discussions on this subject and I respect him as a racers...
We all have our views on this subject...

But we have 3 Orgs...all have invited us to race there...

If you like what they have to offer..great race there....if not worry about your own Org.

I don't see any Org paying for another Org to race with them...period...no Org is that great....I know thats hard for some to swollow that...

And if you think they should...then lets see if anyone of them will....that will not be for a racer to decide it will be the Orgs to decide...

Invitations have been made...race were you want....but EGO'S will not fix this....EGO'S are what got us into this....it won't get us out of it....

I will now shut up and race also....

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 03:32 PM
But you need a schedule to do all of that Jim, and sites are getting harder and harder to get.

Jim I have a question I guess just like everyone else, why does OSS keep races on their schedule that are cancelled and one that are not signed and possible not going to happen. Nothing meant dont add or reading anything in to it, it is a far question.
Jupiter isnt even done I know its being talked about and as of the conference call last tues it isnt done so how is everyone talking about a Worlds that might not even happen.

I NEVER did get an anwser to my question,can anyone sheed some light on this for me.

Sean H
04-27-2009, 03:35 PM
I NEVER did get an anwser to my question,can anyone sheed some light on this for me.

So every offshore race has all it permits and everything before the season starts or schedule is released? Really?

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Ofcourse ...Or atleast a contact with the city. You r talking about a wish list not a schedule two differnt things.
Why would u keep canceled races on your schedule? Other then to make it look like u real have a schedule that you dont have.If a fan was to look at Orange Beach on the OSS schedule and make plans to go to that race if they didnt know any better i guess you think thats good business. Atleast put pending or TBA like SBI did for Oct Clearwater, it wasnt annonced till a sign contract was in hand.

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Sean,
How can u promt something you dont have? How do u get a sponsor and tell them this is our maybe schedule. TV wont even talk to you if you dont have atleast 8-10 confirmed races and beleave me they want to see the contract and also they follow up with the cities before they will even talk to you about putting on a show.

PLEASE dont tell me you truely beleive that you think a schedule should be post and then you try and get the cities ???????????????????

Sean H
04-27-2009, 03:56 PM
I was just curious since I just read that the Clearwater permit was just applied for last week. I don't really care in either case. If anything is certain in offshore, it's that nothing is certain.

I don't believe anything I read, kinda like races in China and such.

To be politically correct, I am a current member of both SBI and OSS. So they both got my money. :ack2:

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 04:04 PM
I was just curious since I just read that the Clearwater permit was just applied for last week. I don't really care in either case. If anything is certain in offshore, it's that nothing is certain.

I don't believe anything I read, kinda like races in China and such.

To be politically correct, I am a current member of both SBI and OSS. So they both got my money. :ack2:

Sean,

Dont you think it is kinda hard to go to the CG and submit for a permit without a contract from a city ??? Thats why SBI announced Clearwater last week after the city signed the contact. Then the CG issues it.....

A strong schedule is a important tool. Really without i would think you would agree you have nothing?

Ryan Beckley
04-27-2009, 04:10 PM
OSS is the ONLY organization that has offered ANY racer to show up at races and ONLY pay the entry fee, no crew fee / ne registration fee. It has been done at a few site over the past few years. You guys keep saying that anyone can race with any group the point is OSS is the ONLY one that has offered it with out registering with OSS. Last year OSS offered to let them come hold there entire OWN race in Kenner at no cost to them and KEEP there own entries.....this was rejected.

PEOPLE, PLEASE learn how to use spell check!!!!!

Sean H
04-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Sean,

Dont you think it is kinda hard to go to the CG and submit for a permit without a contract from a city ??? Thats why SBI announced Clearwater last week after the city signed the contact. Then the CG issues it.....

A strong schedule is a important tool. Really without i would think you would agree you have nothing?

I am not disargeeing with you, I believe those races should be marked or even linked to 'help us save this race' type website for those cities. I know some people in OB are still working on it.

I was just wondering since Clearwater isn't 100% done like you said about other sites...

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Sean...the race in July in Clearwater was never going to happen....period...but what do I know...

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Ryan,

You know there is more to that story and it doesnt really matter. I was the point of contact on that deal and know it very well. It wasnt just flat out rejected there were some other issues and things that had changed from Rons and my original conversation. But Ron did what he had to do and some of the things he said were rejected by the board and changes made. Part of it was that an Pro series SBI boat would have to run Sunday again with the OSS among others things and that wasnt the original deal. I can go on but dont put blame on anyone it was a good effort on all parties part just didnt work. My point is just dont make it sound like it was just a flat out no way we arent racing with you.
I was shocked JC even agree at first after getting screwed out of a 100 thousand last time SBI raced in NO.

Ryan Beckley
04-27-2009, 04:31 PM
We are glad you are THE AUTHORITY on which races are and are not going to happen, THANKS Gino for enlightening us.

Ryan Beckley
04-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Frank

My point is not the details of why it did not happen, it was the dollars and cents (SENSE) that OSS has offered time and time again for other racers to try OSS out for NO FEE's, NO other organization has.

XtremeRacing
04-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Agreed Thanks

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 04:42 PM
We are glad you are THE AUTHORITY on which races are and are not going to happen, THANKS Gino for enlightening us.

No authority Ryan...just responding to Franks question to Sean of having race sites up that were not a site...
I'm just glad there is going to be a race in Clearwater....

2TR
04-27-2009, 05:03 PM
I could care less about this.. I just spoke to Ron and it's only $250.00 bucks total to run in PROAM class at Cumberland. No purse but a thats cool as my new driver and I could use the seat time together.

*and any TV Time is great!!

boatme
04-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Boat me respectfully, How will the tv guys lose interest, they sold 8 episodes to the Seminole Indians and with this being a multi million dollar deal I am sure, you think CBS cares? The Seminoles however have to keep interest and with them being displaced to OK years ago and them reaquiring America back 1 cheeseburger at a time, I am sure they know what they are doing. They just didnt walk up to JC yest and say we are buying you tv, this has taken place over 3-4 years. Maybe they see something everyone doesnt, I hope so for the benefit of all offshore. Yes I am drinking the CBS Koolaid, there I said it, I had some brief discussions with the Seminole reps in Miami and seeing how they do business is why I am drinking the koolaid on that side of the fence. If another org had better tools to work with, I'd be there. I guess I have drank other koolaids in the past and got shafted, what do I have to lose? Does another org have something better to offer at this time?

Like i said this is all good

They just need to use the opportunity and make the most of it that is all i am saying

TYPHOON
04-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Just for the record OSS never opened up a dialoge with any race org. stating we need 50K in purse and 35K for the staff or we have nothing to talk about! Ron never even got to talk about any of that.
SO lets not ask how is it possable to pay the big nut to OSS to be at our race site,we have no money. The question should be how can we have OSS race with us to make our show bigger with more boats and make this a kick a$$ event in our town. First there needs to be convesation and then work on ways to financialy make it happen. How do any of you know if OSS could raise there own money to race with you? How do you know if OSS needs to bring a full staff to your race sites? How do any of you know any of the factors that you are saying is the reason we dont race together? THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A COVERSATION YET TO EVEN TALK ABOUT THESE THINGS!!!!!!!!!
MD (Candy for Trent)

Pete B
04-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Pete...you are intidled to your opion...and comments...just like I am...
and I see your question...but...asking what will a TV deal with 12 boats do any good for our sport....I'm reponding to it as EVERYTHING....and it is possitive...you don't own a race team and you do not race...so let me tell you alittle something...any TV exposure to a race team is a big plus...and its also big to our sport...and if you would invest 200k and own a team you would see that....so maybe instead of looking to the negtive on this TV deal....look to the possitive things it brings to the racers and owners...THATS MY POINT...

But don't sit there and tell me your post is not to knock SBI/APBA...you do this all the time...

You want me to tell you the great things in our sport...I will

OPA:
Will have just as many boats if not more in 2009 in a bad economy.
They have a new SV class that will have 8 boats in it there first year.
OPA has secured all of last years race sites again for 2009.

SBI/APBA:
Will have one of if not the biggest TV deals in our sport
They have secured 2 new great race sites
They have secured the Worlds in K.W. again...

OSS:
Has added a open canopy class in the Pro AM...

So if you don't thing that a possitive thing for our sport then you should wake up...

And now you want to bring in the marine industy...were did I say anything about the marine industry...I said our sport...if you have not noticed...its not just the marine industry that has fallen off...it the whole economy...

And thats your comment to me...I can't spell...really..yeap now you'll tell me thats killing our sport to....

Your correct I am ENTITLED to my OPINION, (Note: correct spelling).

Positives, How do you know OPA will have as many or more boats in 2009??
so now you can see the future??

AS for the new Super Vee class it isnt new, it is where super vee left off with APBA, then to OSS, until Skater and Fountain made their boats faster with 6drives. As for the bravo based boats besides the quest for winning, safety and the check book came to mind.

As for SBI it would appear they are on the right track, at least with a TV deal, hopefully this works out and DOES put a little spotlight on the sport.

AS for OSS, offering Pro-am does really make a big difference, again it gives some locals a chance to run, but it isnt creating a whole new sensation in offshore racing.

And last but certainly not least let's talk of investments, HMMM, a $200K race boat that's for sale best offer ??? so if you get $60 back, you have made one hell of a deal.

As for the marine industry being added to the sport, I guess you missed Mercury Racing having the plug pulled, but I forgot you didn use them anyway. Your Boat builder Dragon, even with the downturn in the economy is building and selling , right! There isnt any need to advertise, hell $200k is chump change for boat racers like you.

And as far as your spelling ruining Offshore, no it's not, sorry I wont blame your spelling on that.

F1-00 Racing
04-27-2009, 06:45 PM
How do any of you know if OSS could raise there own money to race with you?
MD (Candy for Trent)

a possible solution is for OSS to raise the money, pay your fees, come race and go home. OPA and SBI have their own staffs, any additional from outside sources wouldnt be needed. Its not an OSS/SBI/OPA deal, if you want to race, show up, pay, race, go home. You as a race team can race anywhere you are in good standings, its not an organizational issue. Sounds simple enough for me, but come on twist what I am saying again............

Trent

Sean Stinson
04-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Boys can we stop with all this back and forth....I cant see how this is good for anyone!!!!

TYPHOON
04-27-2009, 07:05 PM
I am just trying to offer ideas. And yes I pulled my last two post thinking no one wanted to read this BS but it seems they do. What do you think the CBS people think about the recruting plan now. Maybe its a little deeper than they thought. Just keep ****ing people off.
MD

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 07:18 PM
Just for the record OSS never opened up a dialoge with any race org. stating we need 50K in purse and 35K for the staff or we have nothing to talk about! Ron never even got to talk about any of that.
SO lets not ask how is it possable to pay the big nut to OSS to be at our race site,we have no money. The question should be how can we have OSS race with us to make our show bigger with more boats and make this a kick a$$ event in our town. First there needs to be convesation and then work on ways to financialy make it happen. How do any of you know if OSS could raise there own money to race with you? How do you know if OSS needs to bring a full staff to your race sites? How do any of you know any of the factors that you are saying is the reason we dont race together? THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A COVERSATION YET TO EVEN TALK ABOUT THESE THINGS!!!!!!!!!
MD (Candy for Trent)

Randy...Dean asked you to email him....so do it...

Offer him some money to come to there site and tell him you guys will race for no prise money....maybe they will do it....and do the same to Smitty and JC....let see what happens...it would be worth the initial investment to see if it works....if they don't then this must go deeper then we know....

MANITIE
04-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Your correct I am ENTITLED to my OPINION, (Note: correct spelling).

Positives, How do you know OPA will have as many or more boats in 2009??
so now you can see the future??

AS for the new Super Vee class it isnt new, it is where super vee left off with APBA, then to OSS, until Skater and Fountain made their boats faster with 6drives. As for the bravo based boats besides the quest for winning, safety and the check book came to mind.

As for SBI it would appear they are on the right track, at least with a TV deal, hopefully this works out and DOES put a little spotlight on the sport.

AS for OSS, offering Pro-am does really make a big difference, again it gives some locals a chance to run, but it isnt creating a whole new sensation in offshore racing.

And last but certainly not least let's talk of investments, HMMM, a $200K race boat that's for sale best offer ??? so if you get $60 back, you have made one hell of a deal.

As for the marine industry being added to the sport, I guess you missed Mercury Racing having the plug pulled, but I forgot you didn use them anyway. Your Boat builder Dragon, even with the downturn in the economy is building and selling , right! There isnt any need to advertise, hell $200k is chump change for boat racers like you.

And as far as your spelling ruining Offshore, no it's not, sorry I wont blame your spelling on that.

Pete...again...why do you care about what money I have lost racing and buying boats....you have no clue on any deals I have been working on for a new boat...again...do you really want to talk about racers lossing money on there boats is that what this thread is about......once again...real positive for new racers to read....your just a bundle of joy for racers to read....Hey did you ask Ray D how much he is going to loose on his boat or any other racers that have sold and bought new boats.....no....becuase they would tell you its none of your bussiness
This is all you can say...
No boats so the TV will suck...
Racers lossing money buying boats...
Anything else Mr Happy....

Again...till you own a team...you have no idea what it takes and what TV is good and what is not....you are a fan...thats it...Till you make the investment...your opinion is nothing to the actual racer...you can voice your opinion...but thats as far as it gose....its real easy to sit behind a computer and a camera and tell us racers whats good for our sport....and were to spend our money....

And the OPA comment is based on 2009 entre's paid...not furture reading here...just paid enrtry's.....

Sounds like we racers better not spend anymore money on boats...Naaaa...I will...becuase I love racing...so sorry....

So you see...yes...I sell my boat and yes I buy a new one....and yes the manufacture gets another sale....and Mercury Racing makes some money to...

And lets see...Mercury Racing pulling the plug on who..Mercury Racing dose not pay me to race...I pay Mercury Racing for there equipment...I have spent over 200k with Mercury Racing since I started racing....is that not good enough for you..THE FAN......I would think Mercury Racing wants me to sell my boats and buy new ones so I can buy more of there equipment to help there company....Mercury Racing has always been good to me...but without the racers how big would Mercury Racing be and would there be another manufacture there to take there place...

And YES...OPA has brought back SV...so it is new for OPA.....and its a great class and it is positive news FOR OUR SPORT....not to you becasue its not your Org...but for OUR sport it is...you see thats what its about OUR SPORT...not one Org...not you...OUR sport as a whole...

Let us know if there is anything positive you can say here about Offshore racing...

Wardey
04-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Please don't infect this site with this BS !!! Dave

Sean Stinson
04-28-2009, 07:52 AM
Are we done here yet???? I am pretty sure everyone has the jist of everyone's opinion so lets all agree to disagree at this point......Romper Room needs to close up!!!!

I will give all of you one thing.....You are passionate about your views!!!!

Pete B
04-28-2009, 08:59 AM
To Frank and Trent,
Thanks for your input, I sincerely hope the best comes of this where ever the chips fall.
hope to see at least one race this year.

As for everyone else, thanks for being here whether you agree or not, It's like having a piece of home wherever I travel to, and should have camera's in a couple of weeks!

MANITIE
04-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Pete...If you think thats what this thread is about....I will answer the questions you have made with personal attacks about me and my team....

Glenn did not fix the sterring we were low on fluid....and it got air in it...

Next...your question was "why do I not have a crew"...I don't know...why don't you ask Bobby B, Jim A and his brother...they have been helping me crew for 2 years...but also...and yes...I drive the boat to races, wash the boat...turn wrenches, handle sponsorships and PR..and I will tell you ..I suck at all of them...but..I enjoy doing it...is that a problem for you...I'm sorry...I run my team on sponsorship monies...so yes outside of buying my boat..I do not use any of my own money...and you can ask any of my throttleman..I do not threw my money around on racing...I stay in the biggest dump hotels to sleep if I can not get a hotel to sponsor us a room...

Your next question was "why do I show up without a throttleman"...real simple...Jim A could not make a race for me in 2007 in Patchaque and I already taked to two guys that were willing to throttle in place of Jim...in the drivers meeting they change the race starts and Vale jumped in with me...and by the way...we won thanks to Vale....and in 2008 in Cambridge after letting Glenn go...Bobby B jumped in and we took a second in the first race and won the second race....

Also in 2006 for the Worlds in Orange Beach...Gary B jumped in the boat with me...and even with a fuel pressure issue we still finsihed 3rd...and had a ball running with him...also Paul W helped us in crewing...

I have also said on here I am a terrible racer...I'm not good at all...its always been my throttleman thats done a great job..

But is my race team the problem with Offshore racing or is this another one of your personal attacks..... you started this thread about TV..and now you want to talk trash about my team...anyways...I will continue to answer your questions you have about my team
Yes I have been racing for 9 years...
And I stink at it and cannot drive...but I love it so I will keep doing it....will that be OK with you....

Your next question was "why would I run a boat that had problems and put other crew members in harms way" Making that accusations of me and my throttleman is a very serious comment to make...but I will respond to it......It is my responsibility for anything that happends to my team...but I do not throttle...I drive..so if any of my throttleman ever thought they were putting themselves, me or any other racer in harms way...then you would have to ask the throttleman that question...becasue I know if it was me on the throttles and I really felt I was going to hurt my crew or other racers...I would come off the throttles no matter what.....and I'm sure you would do the same...would you not agree..

And to answer your question how I do nothing for my team.... I'm sure if you ask any racers...they will tell you that I arrive on Thursday morning for a race and I am working on the boat everyday...so if you think I do nothing for my team..and I'M QUOTING YOU NOW FROM YOUR DELETED POST as you put it... " I walked around with your head in the clouds, dreaming of fame, fortune and your name in lights."
You have not seen me at races when I'm always covered in greese and dirt....but again...you are a fan....nothing more...so your intitled to your opionion....

But are you done with your personal attacks on my team....since this thread is about Offsore Racing...

cigdaze
04-28-2009, 09:20 AM
Gentlemen,
We welcome your open debates, and encourage your exchange of ideas, but please keep it respectful and tone it down on the insults. Let's keep this on the high road.
Thanks.

boatme
04-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Putting it in perspective a bit

1) Gino is a well seasoned well respected racer (It took guts to run his little yellow boat in the crap he ran back in the day AND WON) He deserves some respect
2) Pete takes great photographs and has had some great stuff published He deserves some respect
3) Many others posting here have great credentials in racing and promotion They deserve respect
4) TV is a good thing for offshore racing and will bring Respect and credibility to offshore
5) Unity in race orgs needs to happen but probably is still a ways off because there is to little RESPECT of each other to make it work
6) My opinion is worth about as much as my 3 past marriages but I keep trying anyway I can't get NO RESPECT at all

Keep on plugging along guys dialogue is good but personal attacks don't help get this sport RESPECT

Sean Stinson
04-28-2009, 09:54 AM
If I was to come up with a solution.....not saying I have one BUT if I could come up with a solution....Would the heads of all 3 orgs be willing to sit down at a meeting face to face and listen?????? It is a simple yes or no question!!!!!!!

XtremeRacing
04-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Sean,
That a great question you should call them and ask them. I dont think anyone here could anwser that question for you . They have talked in the past dont know why they wouldnt again. I know Smitty and John talk on a regular basic. But they r not pushing the united we race so i dont think it comes up in their conversations.

SBI # 1305 296-6166

Sean Stinson
04-28-2009, 10:14 AM
I will talk to Bubba later but I was more interested in what Smitty has to say!!!!! Ron and I have just spoken and he promises to listen to every word I have to say!!!!!

XtremeRacing
04-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Sean,

I'm not really sure you need the Org. to have a joint race. There are races already that race together from all the ORG.. So i guess that would be a joint race ????

Good example is you will have teams from all 3 org. racing in Sarasota they always do, again it goes back to the racers if they want to race they will . Again and i know we r beating a dead horse but all the teams that will be in Sarasota are reg. SBI boats so is it a Joint race or a SBI race with SBI reg. boats that also race other Org. ????

Wazzup Racing
04-28-2009, 11:05 AM
I have sat back and just read all of this. First I congratulate SBI in their TV venture. We took a run at it, the ends did not justify the means.
As far as everything else goes, I can only comment on what the OPA is doing.

Our mission from the very beginning was to develope the North east. Move up towards Michigan, and then bring in Long Island. We drew a 12 hour circle on the map, and decided we would stay within that circle. Knowing full well the majority of our teams are just the regular working guys, we wanted to keep the series within reach of all our teams. Our race sites are for the most part run by our racers. Guys who put their effort into moving the sport forward, not sitting here Typing away wasting away valuable energy.

Our goal was and is to provide the OPA teams with quality race sites, that they can bank on for years to come. We have already singed up two new race sites for 2010, that are fully funded, and ready to go.

The unification dream.....It's like this. Our teams have the luxury of racing in their own back yards, with little travel time involved. If for instance we merged with another org, what would the goal be? Take 4 OPA sites, and Maybe 4 OSS, or SBI, sites, and develope a series. This would then force our teams into traveling all over the country. Something I know they would not do. So in the long run It hurts what we have put together. Instantly our boat count would be cut in half. After all it's not their fault, Other series are having problems. We are moving forward with our package, and our goals.

Our races are still free to the teams, Our prize purses are all in place. Any team is welcome to race here, although we do not petition other teams to come. Unlike other series, we built it from scratch. The majority of our teams are either new to the sport, of came out of hibernation to join in the fun.

If a series needs a site to fill in their schedule, the door is open. The OPA teams have always supported SBI. Three times we picked up and ran with OSS. So I you want to say we have not tried, better look back.

My job is to run the OPA for the OPA teams. I am proud of every one of them, and will do what ever they need to race their stuff.

In closing, 2009 will be a challenge for all of us, I wish John, and Ron only the best. I know first hand how hard it is to keep a series running. You efforts should be applauded, not criticized. OPA guys....see you in a few weeks, Ocean City is ready to rock. I know you all enjoyed Friday Night at Seacrets, so we have also moved the awards there for Sunday night. Bring the Tylenol.
To all the other teams....race hard be safe....and just have a blast. Smitty

Fast Shafts
04-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Smitty,
That was a great response, and with 'Class'. Thank you for your tireless efforts, we do appreciate it! 33 days to Ocean City!
Bob

Sean Stinson
04-28-2009, 11:28 AM
I have sat back and just read all of this. First I congratulate SBI in their TV venture. We took a run at it, the ends did not justify the means.
As far as everything else goes, I can only comment on what the OPA is doing.

Our mission from the very beginning was to develope the North east. Move up towards Michigan, and then bring in Long Island. We drew a 12 hour circle on the map, and decided we would stay within that circle. Knowing full well the majority of our teams are just the regular working guys, we wanted to keep the series within reach of all our teams. Our race sites are for the most part run by our racers. Guys who put their effort into moving the sport forward, not sitting here Typing away wasting away valuable energy.

Our goal was and is to provide the OPA teams with quality race sites, that they can bank on for years to come. We have already singed up two new race sites for 2010, that are fully funded, and ready to go.

The unification dream.....It's like this. Our teams have the luxury of racing in their own back yards, with little travel time involved. If for instance we merged with another org, what would the goal be? Take 4 OPA sites, and Maybe 4 OSS, or SBI, sites, and develope a series. This would then force our teams into traveling all over the country. Something I know they would not do. So in the long run It hurts what we have put together. Instantly our boat count would be cut in half. After all it's not their fault, Other series are having problems. We are moving forward with our package, and our goals.

Our races are still free to the teams, Our prize purses are all in place. Any team is welcome to race here, although we do not petition other teams to come. Unlike other series, we built it from scratch. The majority of our teams are either new to the sport, of came out of hibernation to join in the fun.

If a series needs a site to fill in their schedule, the door is open. The OPA teams have always supported SBI. Three times we picked up and ran with OSS. So I you want to say we have not tried, better look back.

My job is to run the OPA for the OPA teams. I am proud of every one of them, and will do what ever they need to race their stuff.

In closing, 2009 will be a challenge for all of us, I wish John, and Ron only the best. I know first hand how hard it is to keep a series running. You efforts should be applauded, not criticized. OPA guys....see you in a few weeks, Ocean City is ready to rock. I know you all enjoyed Friday Night at Seacrets, so we have also moved the awards there for Sunday night. Bring the Tylenol.
To all the other teams....race hard be safe....and just have a blast. Smitty

Smitty I have the utmost respect for you....Auggie is the man....All I am asking if I could present all 3 of you guys, yourself, JC, and Ron P with an idea to a solution are you willing to sit in a meeting and listen to a proposed solution????? I will even suplly coffee and donuts!!:sifone::sifone:

Wazzup Racing
04-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Any time.

Sean Stinson
04-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Any time.

Thank you Smitty.....I will take that as a personal favor and that means alot to me!!!!:sifone::sifone:

Wazzup Racing
04-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Smitty,
That was a great response, and with 'Class'. Thank you for your tireless efforts, we do appreciate it! 33 days to Ocean City!
Bob

Thanks Bob, See you there.

AugiePensa
04-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Very Professional Partner! And to think Smitty and I took on OPA/The Jersey Boyz for ONLY TWO YEARS...Five Years ago! Now he won't let me out. Well I guess we're in it till ???

MANITIE
04-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Smitty....you could not have summed it up better.....

Wazzup Racing
04-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Very Professional Partner! And to think Smitty and I took on OPA/The Jersey Boyz for ONLY TWO YEARS...Five Years ago! Now he won't let me out. Well I guess we're in it till ???

Augie, I know have son #2 working his way up the ranks. We're Fked. Gonna be here a long time.

Wazzup Racing
04-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Sean, I just have to ask one question. I have no problem talking to Ron or Bubba. But before we begin, just answere one simple question.
Why was Serious Offshore Created. I'll tell you. Some people wanted a change from OSO. Now you have divided everyone. Why, People like options.
Hence OPA. I LIKE OPTIONS.

ChiefApache
04-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Sean, I just have to ask one question. I have no problem talking to Ron or Bubba. But before we begin, just answere one simple question.
Why was Serious Offshore Created. I'll tell you. Some people wanted a change from OSO. Now you have divided everyone. Why, People like options.

Interesting comparison.

TCEd
04-28-2009, 05:27 PM

Well one good thing about having a combined OSS/OPA/SBI event is the best could race against the best which would be BEST for the FAN.
ed

Sean Stinson
04-28-2009, 05:55 PM

Smitty before I answer that, and I understand your position, can I have a couple days to lay this idea of mine out before I present it so I dont, for lack of a better term, have egg on my face! I am not here to disrupt everyone's program but in essence to further everyone's program in a way that each org may benefit in the long run but let me have the meetings that I have arranged and discuss it!! Then either 2 things, as I said will happen, we will agree to go forward or we continue on our current paths individually!!!!!

SVL66
04-28-2009, 06:19 PM
When Steve owned it, OSO's motto was "for the love of the sport" then it was sold. Now its a business, where the members (paying members, I may add) are not as important as its advertisers. sound familiar?

Wazzup Racing
04-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Smitty before I answer that, and I understand your position, can I have a couple days to lay this idea of mine out before I present it so I dont, for lack of a better term, have egg on my face! I am not here to disrupt everyone's program but in essence to further everyone's program in a way that each org may benefit in the long run but let me have the meetings that I have arranged and discuss it!! Then either 2 things, as I said will happen, we will agree to go forward or we continue on our current paths individually!!!!!

Yes. if you want to talk, I can be reached at 732 920 3945. Thanks Smitty

Sean Stinson
04-28-2009, 08:47 PM
Yes. if you want to talk, I can be reached at 732 920 3945. Thanks Smitty

I will call you tomorrow at the end of the day! I also sent my number to you!!! I have just had enough of this for today my friend. But thank you for the opportunity to at least present a possible solution!!!!

AugiePensa
04-29-2009, 09:08 AM
OK Sean, your gonna talk to Smitty, don't take any $hit from him Sean. After reading all the posts I'm curious, where does TV fit into all this? Isn't that what this thread was started for. CONGRATS SBI/APBA on your TV deal.

XtremeRacing
04-29-2009, 09:40 AM
Augie,
We'll all take one day at a time and see how the peice fit hopeful TV will be good for all of Offshore. Your son might get a shot to see you on the tube again.

Frank

AugiePensa
04-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Frankie, I hope so. I'm getting older, they are getting older soon they ain't gonna want to see the old man on the tube. I just think it's great what Bubba can do, and has always done. When it's the end of time there will be three things left on earth,Cockroaches, Twinkies and Bubba(John Carbonell). Take that $hit to the Bank!

XtremeRacing
04-29-2009, 11:59 AM
I never really looked at it that way, but I guess thats a true statement. The rest have come and gone .

Sean Stinson
04-29-2009, 05:21 PM
OK Sean, your gonna talk to Smitty, don't take any $hit from him Sean. After reading all the posts I'm curious, where does TV fit into all this? Isn't that what this thread was started for. CONGRATS SBI/APBA on your TV deal.

Smitty and I had a good talk today....so you must have greased the skids before we talked...:sifone::sifone: Anyway as I told him this is a long uphill battle and everyone is going to have to have an open mind!!!!!! But that being said I am not sure if it's even doable to start but I am going to take another step forward!!!!

Sean Stinson
04-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Frankie, I hope so. I'm getting older, they are getting older soon they ain't gonna want to see the old man on the tube. I just think it's great what Bubba can do, and has always done. When it's the end of time there will be three things left on earth,Cockroaches, Twinkies and Bubba(John Carbonell). Take that $hit to the Bank!

Ain't that the truth.....:sifone::sifone::sifone:

XtremeRacing
04-29-2009, 07:39 PM

Augie,
I dont think its the end of time yet, but a new beging. I think you will see a side of Offshore that we havent seen in a while or possible have never seen. Looking forward to working with OPA in the futhure:sifone: there is safety in numbers.

boatme
04-30-2009, 01:21 PM
LOL Rich that is an interesting observation LOL

Sean Stinson
04-30-2009, 02:52 PM
LOL Rich that is an interesting observation LOL

Good thing I wasn't holding my breath on that call back Marc!!!!:sifone::sifone:

Fast Shafts
04-30-2009, 03:15 PM
Rich, you forgot to ad how great it was 30 years ago....When there was no "deck to deck" racing, when cats ran against V's, when 4 engine Superboats ran against twin engine V's, when 2/3 of the boats broke down, when boats raced in "parade" formation.
There is a reason we remember the past-so we don't repeat it!. We all know your not a fan of bracket racing-however the OPA's formulas seems to work-especially in the Ocean races.
Its also ashame that the last few post are from guys (Sean, Smitty) trying to "better" the sport, only to be belittled by you as having "no goal".
Whats the old saying: "If your not part of the solution..your part of the problem".
Is there anything wrong with OPA finding a niche to fill in the northeast? Just as hundreds of car race tracks around the the country fill a niche?
Many people respect your engineering feats with the Shadow Cat boats, however your Monday morning belly-aching reminds me of the "professional complainers" on a cheap radio talk show.
How about contributing? Your wealth of knowledge about the sport is immense, why not put it to constructive use??
Sincerely,
Bob

Sean Stinson
04-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Rich, you forgot to ad how great it was 30 years ago....When there was no "deck to deck" racing, when cats ran against V's, when 4 engine Superboats ran against twin engine V's, when 2/3 of the boats broke down, when boats raced in "parade" formation.
There is a reason we remember the past-so we don't repeat it!. We all know your not a fan of bracket racing-however the OPA's formulas seems to work-especially in the Ocean races.
Its also ashame that the last few post are from guys (Sean, Smitty) trying to "better" the sport, only to be belittled by you as having "no goal".
Whats the old saying: "If your not part of the solution..your part of the problem".
Many people respect your engineering feats with the Shadow Cat boats, however your Monday morning belly-aching reminds me of the "professional complainers" on a cheap radio talk show.
How about contributing? Your wealth of knowledge about the sport is immense, why not put it to constructive use??
Sincerely,
Bob

Easy now Bob...Rich and I have a great relationship.......as matter of fact we just had lunch together....BTW if someone wants to make money all you need is a hidden camera to get the stories on record......He does have great input even if his shiny head does blind you while the salad bar lights glare off of it!!!!

I think the fact that some take a laxadaisyl approach on things irritates him and he gets tired of repeating facts on different items!!!! Anyway he is by no means as bad as some I have seen in the past!!!

Sean Stinson
04-30-2009, 03:32 PM
I also think that the mountain that has to be scaled to better our sport is an undertaking that is overwhelmingly difficult at best....imposssible??? NO but extremely difficult at best!!!!!

Sean Stinson
04-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Listen I will make you ride in the helicopter with Phil again!!!!! And that's an adventure in itself!!

Pete B
04-30-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm probably worse............

I am not tired of repeating facts....... I am tired of seeing the same things done year after year.

New big money guy shows up, fawning hangers on follow him, rules are thrown out, new classes are created around his toys. He gets insulted by being confined to one group and throws his support behind (or starts)another (OPT, SBR, SBI). His boats grow in size and power until he exceeds every existing speed and safety limit and raises the spending bar across the entire sport. This goes on until his accountants figure out he has nothing to show for x years of playtime and he moves on to buying a soccer team in Romania.

Meanwhile the "little guys" feel left out and "unable to compete" so they lobby for new, more user friendly classes, form a "local group" (NPBA,USPBA, USORA) win races against no competition and immediately feel like they are worthy of a Fortune 500 sponsor and National TV coverage. This goes on until their wives figure out thay have nothing to show for x years of playtime and they move on to losing money betting on 6 football games a week.

Meanwhile, beginners come into the sport with varied size budgets and invariably wind up getting bad advice, making poor choices from a mind numbing array of "Options", and find themselves with a boat they can barely (or can't) handle and never learn what actual racing feels or looks like. This goes on until they get stuck with Sean Stinson's bar tab :p and they move on to an internet addiction based on forums like these, wherein they brag about their knowledge and experience.
Now.........

Consider that every medium to big budget guy can afford (and handle) a Super Cat Lite. If they all bought one, you would have an affordable, predictable entry class, great racing, a great entertainment product, a single set of effective safety standards in a controllable speed envelope, and a legitimate reason for someone to sponsor you and get behind your team.

And.......

Consider that every "little guy" can afford (and handle) an SVL. If they all bought one, you would have an affordable, predictable entry class, great racing, a great entertainment product, a single set of effective safety standards in a controllable speed envelope, and a legitimate reason for someone to sponsor you and get behind your team.

Finally......

Consider that every beginner can afford an S.O.B. (Single Out Board). There are great examples racing in Europe at present. If they all bought one, you would have an affordable, predictable entry class, great racing, a great entertainment product, a single set of effective safety standards in a controllable speed envelope, and the ability to step up into a future class with a legitimate reason for someone to sponsor you and get behind your team.

Some things to think about.

T2x

AMEN,

Like a old journeymen, in most trades (They are still around). words from them should be cherished!

MarylandMark
04-30-2009, 05:59 PM
....you are a fan...thats it..

..is that not good enough for you..THE FAN.....

In fairness I took your quotes out of context but still rubbed me- the lowly fan- the wrong way.

Without the lowly fan most teams (regardless of what org they represent) will continue to have to support their teams on their own budgets. Without the lowly fan the sponsors don't get any exposure other than what they have now (other boaters) and don't sell more product which means no more sponsor money.

Focus on how the lowly fan spends his loot more than the way you (again- not you Gino; just saying in general) spend your loot and your loot will increase exponentially (as in look at most professional players salaries vs a pro boat racers salary).

Schmucks like me are who are going to make ya'll rich!

Signed,
Lowly Fan

ps- Gino if you get rid of that BobbyB you may get more sponsors; he's funny looking.. :rofl:

SVL66
04-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Rich, I enjoy reading your posts almost as much as I enjoy reading Donald Trumps books.

This is a good thing, In my opinion. Some dont like DT because they think he is arrogant. He may be, But he is a wealth of knowledge and much can be learned from him.

2TR
04-30-2009, 08:58 PM

I am not tired of repeating facts....... I am tired of seeing the same things done year after year.

New big money guy shows up, fawning hangers on follow him, rules are thrown out, new classes are created around his toys. He gets insulted by being confined to one group and throws his support behind (or starts)another (OPT, SBR, SBI). His boats grow in size and power until he exceeds every existing speed and safety limit and raises the spending bar across the entire sport. This goes on until his accountants figure out he has nothing to show for x years of playtime and he moves on to buying a soccer team in Romania.

Meanwhile the "little guys" feel left out and "unable to compete" so they lobby for new, more user friendly classes, form a "local group" (NPBA,USPBA, USORA) win races against no competition and immediately feel like they are worthy of a Fortune 500 sponsor and National TV coverage. This goes on until their wives figure out thay have nothing to show for x years of playtime and they move on to losing money betting on 6 football games a week.

Meanwhile, beginners come into the sport with varied size budgets and invariably wind up getting bad advice, making poor choices from a mind numbing array of "Options", and find themselves with a boat they can barely (or can't) handle and never learn what actual racing feels or looks like. This goes on until they get stuck with Sean Stinson's bar tab :p and they move on to an internet addiction based on forums like these, wherein they brag about their knowledge and experience.
Now.........

Consider that every medium to big budget guy can afford (and handle) a Super Cat Lite. If they all bought one, you would have an affordable, predictable entry class, great racing, a great entertainment product, a single set of effective safety standards in a controllable speed envelope, and a legitimate reason for someone to sponsor you and get behind your team.

And.......

Consider that every "little guy" can afford (and handle) an SVL. If they all bought one, you would have an affordable, predictable entry class, great racing, a great entertainment product, a single set of effective safety standards in a controllable speed envelope, and a legitimate reason for someone to sponsor you and get behind your team.

Finally......

Consider that every beginner can afford an S.O.B. (Single Out Board). There are great examples racing in Europe at present. If they all bought one, you would have an affordable, predictable entry class, great racing, a great entertainment product, a single set of effective safety standards in a controllable speed envelope, and the ability to step up into a future class with a legitimate reason for someone to sponsor you and get behind your team.

T2x

That to me has been the most intelligent, well thought out post (and spot on) that I have read in this thread.

BlackJack58
04-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Finally......

T2x

The Formula Four Stroke Series over in the UK is a great example of a successful program like this. Two classes (21' and 28' Cougar hulls) single outboard - and they have TV, too; BBC Channel 4, and they're also distributed and syndicated via other networks. It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn exciting...

Watch the video w/ this article - it's almost like NASCAR on the water:
http://tinyurl.com/cme97y

Ratickle
04-30-2009, 10:34 PM
The Formula Four Stroke Series over in the UK is a great example of a successful program like this. Two classes (21' and 28' Cougar hulls) single outboard - and they have TV, too; BBC Channel 4, and they're also distributed and syndicated via other networks. It's not perfect, but it's pretty damn exciting...

Watch the video w/ this article - it's almost like NASCAR on the water:
http://tinyurl.com/cme97y

I think they need bumpers.....

2TR
05-01-2009, 08:08 AM
This does seem like a great enrty level class.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePzKpqMuORw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ePzKpqMuORw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ratickle
05-01-2009, 08:29 AM
This does seem like a great enrty level class.

Somehow you expect to see Brownie, T2x, Charlie, etc. get out of one of those.

I think they need canopys and harnesses though.

XtremeRacing
05-01-2009, 08:34 AM
That looks like some fun racing. I agree there r to many classes in the US. I think slowly you will see some of the classes going away. SBI is looking at that now and the board will be voting on some of the classes very soon.

cigdaze
05-01-2009, 08:45 AM
I think slowly you will see some of the classes going away. SBI is looking at that now and the board will be voting on some of the classes very soon.

I hope you're right. That would be a wise and progressive move.
:cool:

cigdaze
05-01-2009, 08:47 AM

Now.........

And.......

Finally......

T2x
Excellent post.

XtremeRacing
05-01-2009, 09:04 AM
I'll let you know if i get any more info. on what classses will be dropped.

Sean Stinson
05-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Here-in lies the problem...You get a guy that has a ton of cash but doesn't win then whines I am pulling my donuts if you dont give me my own class...

I think the classes need to be as follows

1) Turbine Class
2) Open Class
3) Factory Class
4) Outboard Class
5) Sportsman Class

3 & 4 could probably be merged depending on rules and tech

Now you have the arguement about vee's and cats....Simple bring back an old course that has all the water conditions that have to be navigated....

Remember 7x Champ came out with an old Apache resin bucket as a lot of people want to call them and kicked the cats asses....

Next thing the tech rules need to be adhered to strictly and if you don't win....Well you might try working on your set-up....

If you get caught cheating you get stepped up to the next class!!!

I have a whole bunch more....

Hell you can even have a 2 race format at each event....

Now I am starting to tip my hand!!!!!

BlackJack58
05-01-2009, 09:48 AM
I actually like the look of those Formula Four-Stroke Cougar 28's, too - the cockpit cover in the back comes off to access rear seating, if you want to cruise with more than two people...between races, of course. :D

XtremeRacing
05-01-2009, 10:01 AM
Here-in lies the problem...You get a guy that has a ton of cash but doesn't win then whines I am pulling my donuts if you dont give me my own class...

I think the classes need to be as follows

1) Turbine Class
2) Open Class
3) Factory Class
4) Outboard Class
5) Sportsman Class

3 & 4 could probably be merged depending on rules and tech

Now you have the arguement about vee's and cats....Simple bring back an old course that has all the water conditions that have to be navigated....

Remember 7x Champ came out with an old Apache resin bucket as a lot of people want to call them and kicked the cats asses....

Next thing the tech rules need to be adhered to strictly and if you don't win....Well you might try working on your set-up....

If you get caught cheating you get stepped up to the next class!!!

I have a whole bunch more....

Hell you can even have a 2 race format at each event....

Now I am starting to tip my hand!!!!!

Sean,
I think you have to look at one class at a time, and remove them as you go. It Won't happen over nite but a move in the right direction.
SBI is looking @ pulling the SVL class right now and a hard look at classes that would fit with others.
SS/SCL/750-850 classes for the Cats works now.
SV Unlimited / SV Extreme classes are growing.

2TR
05-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Do you think if Bill Gates bought a NASCAR team and wanted to make a "Faster" car they would start a new class for him?

Sean Stinson
05-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Sean,
I think you have to look at one class at a time, and remove them as you go. It Won't happen over nite but a move in the right direction.
SBI is looking @ pulling the SVL class right now and a hard look at classes that would fit with others.
SS/SCL/750-850 classes for the Cats works now.
SV Unlimited / SV Extreme classes are growing.

I agree with you that it won't happen over night and that you have to look at each class individually!

I dont agree with the fact that you need so many sub classes with in what should be a main class.....what I mean a 750 class & an 850 class I dont agree with it dilutes the classes and confuses the spectator!!!!! IMHO

The sportsman classes....could use the GPS rules...although I might not agree with bracket racing it seems to be working and has a following!!!!

Ryan Beckley
05-01-2009, 10:30 AM
I just spent some time with Gavin Parsonage who won A LOT in the "GREAT" Cougar Honda class. The economy has killed most of that racing too. Did you know that with the big HONDA name behind it, all the TV you speak of, 20+ boats at a race.......THERE WAS NO PRIZE MONEY!!!!!

Sean H
05-01-2009, 11:07 AM
4 classes; entry cat, higher cat, entry vee, higher vee

Superstock (outboard cat with any twin 300 HP outboard setup, already like OSS and Xcat)
SuperCat (Class 1 style, 790 HP/8800 lbs or 900 HP/10,500 restrictors/dyno)
SVL (any 525 HP sealed/dyno'd package)
SV (power/weight like P1 Evo)

Older hulls are allowed to race with allowances to race at the current pace (weight/power/gear etc).

Whatever ends up being the biggest field is your last race on Sunday afternoon. Have another 4 open/bracket/modified classes on Saturday race in a similiar fashion. 2 races with 2 classes each on 2 days would be a good show and easy to follow for the fans. You could even do the heat racing format easily with the reduction in classes. Practice in the mornings, races in the afternoon.

Aligning all the orgs classes together (and class1, xcat and p1 in Europe) should be the first step to promote teams racing in other orgs and against each other. Unification is a moot point if when they all get together there is 25 classes racing. Everybody would know that no matter where they wanted to race, the same classes would be there.

Sean Stinson
05-01-2009, 11:14 AM
Something like that!!!!

Ratickle
05-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Aligning all the orgs classes together (and class1, xcat and p1 in Europe) should be the first step to promote teams racing in other orgs and against each other. Unification is a moot point if when they all get together there is 25 classes racing. Everybody would know that no matter where they wanted to race, the same classes would be there.

I may disagree in the short term. And, it hasn't been tried. If all the orgs ran at one race. And they had trophies/prizes for every class, and the similar speed boats ran together, it would make a heck of a show for TV and you could make further decisions from there. Think auto racing where there are a ton of cars on the track for a road race but a heck of a lot of classes.

3 or 4 races, 25 to 30 boats in each race, similar speeds together, etc.

Ratickle
05-01-2009, 11:19 AM
By the way, does anyone know the paid attendance at the world's this last November?

Sean H
05-01-2009, 11:28 AM
I may disagree in the short term. And, it hasn't been tried. If all the orgs ran at one race. And they had trophies/prizes for every class, and the similar speed boats ran together, it would make a heck of a show for TV and you could make further decisions from there. Think auto racing where there are a ton of cars on the track for a road race but a heck of a lot of classes.

3 or 4 races, 25 to 30 boats in each race, similar speeds together, etc.

I don't see the show in that, it may grab the attention of a casual fan for a few minutes till they realize those boats aren't racing each other. At some point they are gonna to want to know who is racing who, otherwise why are they watching?

Would you watch a car race that had 3 cars in each of 15 classes on track? Or would you rather watch 15 cars in each of 3 classes? Same amount of cars, much better show.

XtremeRacing
05-01-2009, 11:34 AM
All the classes are the same now, OSS and SBI class rules r the same.

Sean H
05-01-2009, 11:42 AM
All the classes are the same now, OSS and SBI class rules r the same.

they are closer, but I wouldn't call them the same. There are still engine packages and some other things that don't cross race. But you are right, they are closer now than ever. Now we just need to get rid of about half of them.:sifone:

Sean Stinson
05-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Unify and simplify......thats the key!!!!!

XtremeRacing
05-01-2009, 12:35 PM
As far as I know 850/750, SCL, SV, SVL, SS, are the same in both Org. In KW last year when all the Orgs. ran together there were no issues.
The Turbines runs both already ...

Sean H
05-01-2009, 12:41 PM
As far as I know 850/750, SCL, SV, SVL, SS, are the same in both Org. In KW last year when all the Orgs. ran together there were no issues.
The Turbines runs both already ...

but aren't vortecs, innovations, etc still allowed in certain classes too? those boats are limited where they can run.... so the rules still don't match up.

I said it was close, but until there is just one rule book, there are always going to be differences. Then you can start knocking off the classes where there aren't even 4 or 5 boats in the whole country in that class.

XtremeRacing
05-01-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm not sure if the Vortecs would be an issue with Mercury out of the pic now. Teams will have to start looking for other soruces for their motors now.
SBI is going to remove SVL so other then that the rest match up for cross racing this yr. I expect a big turn out in Lauderdale and Sarasota same as yrs past. With the Kilo run in Sarasota I think u will see teams shoting for that top gun spot.

Fast Shafts
05-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Didn't Mike A. do # 6, Isnt that how OSS started? I do agree with the rest of your post!

Sean Stinson
05-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Sean:

Forget all that............

If you had an actual major series sponsor.........which no one does at the moment, and we haven't had since HFC left the scene prior to 1990,.... you make the rules....... The sport has flapped around like a fish in the bottom of a skiff for 20 years with efforts to let the racers make the rules. It's about time we faced the sad fact that it doesn't work...and never did. The only successful changes in that time (Factory 1-2 and the Supercat class) came from seasoned veterans and officials...it was only later that the "Class reps" screwed them up as well.

So...I suggest:

First sign a real contract for 3 years with a sponsor......... (Hardest part)

Until you accomplish this, don't do a damn thing except improve your marketing presentation and get the cash!

Then:

1. Give every racer 12 month's advance notice of race schedule, location and rules.

2. Talk to the various organizations SBI, OPA, OSS, LSMFT, TGIF, LAMF, etc and choose the one that offers the easiest coordination so you have officials, and safety personnel. Do not let them "lead the band".

3. Pay prizes to two featured National classes. (See earlier post)...and NO MORE.

4. Give trophies to one entry level class (see earlier post)

5. Televise (with the sponsor's money) the two National classes (66% of coverage to Main class 1, 33% to Class 2).

6. Ignore all of the whining and threats to "take my boat and go home". (Something that has never been done in the U.S. and is done constantly in Europe)

7. Have a H*ll of a race event year one.......

8. Repeat annually

Believe me, real racers will flock to this.

As for the rest....That's what Poker Runs are for.

Well said....Now that the secret is out.....just kidding!!!:sifone::sifone::26:

MarylandMark
05-01-2009, 04:55 PM
Entry class: http://www.zapcat-racing.co.uk/

$10K for a race ready brand new! would get a bunch of BAB's like me (Broke Ass Boaters) off the sidelines and in to the sport. I'd be THE MAN in one of them which would lead to moving up classes and next thing you know Haggin would be callin....

2TR
05-01-2009, 05:33 PM
I got a flash for you.....

APBA already has a whole racing division around these things.

T2x

Yes they do and I was lucky enough to go for a ride in one with a mod 40hp.. scary fast.

SVL66
05-01-2009, 05:36 PM

$10K for a race ready brand new! would get a bunch of BAB's like me (Broke Ass Boaters) off the sidelines and in to the sport. I'd be THE MAN in one of them which would lead to moving up classes and next thing you know Haggin would be callin....

that is nutz !!!!!:sifone:

2TR
05-01-2009, 05:49 PM
I did'nt watch the video till now and all I can say is WOW..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BLe1YCxgGgg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BLe1YCxgGgg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ratickle
05-01-2009, 05:55 PM
I did'nt watch the video till now and all I can say is WOW..

I'm too old for that crap.....:ack2:

Sean H
05-01-2009, 05:56 PM

Like Rich said... APBA Superlight tunnel boats...

2TR
05-01-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm too old for that crap.....:ack2:

I'm not even that old and I think I'm to old to race those.. Your lower body would be black and blue after a race like that.

MarylandMark
05-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the info- I had no idea!!

http://www.apba-racing.com

MANITIE
05-02-2009, 10:10 AM
MarylandMark......I'm sorry if you took the fan comment wrong...it was only ment to make a point to Pete....we all need our fans and supporters...but we don't really need anyone really putting down possitive things that have come to light in our sport....TV is hudge in our sport....any TV for our sport is good...Hope to see ya soon again....and yes...BobbyB is a little ugly...but he is still are YODA....

Sean Stinson
05-02-2009, 10:19 AM
MarylandMark......I'm sorry if you took the fan comment wrong...it was only ment to make a point to Pete....we all need our fans and supporters...but we don't really need anyone really putting down possitive things that have come to light in our sport....TV is hudge in our sport....any TV for our sport is good...Hope to see ya soon again....and yes...BobbyB is a little ugly...but he is still are YODA....

Hey Gino

Can you give me a call when you have a chance please?????

Thanks Sean

MANITIE
05-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Sean....email me your number....

Coach
05-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Great Job getting the TV package together SBIP/APBA Offshore!

Sean Stinson
05-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the call Gino we will talk more in the near future!!!!

MANITIE
05-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Anytime Sean.....anything to better our sport......

MarylandMark
05-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey Gino- I know you are not only a fan but a racer and more importantly putting your money where your mouth is. Thanks for all that you do, are doing and continuing to do for the sport!

I see how "keyboard racers" get to you guys (me included and some times the leader of that pack!) but don't want to pizz off who is ultimately your end customer.

Cheers and many checkered flags in your future!
Mark

MANITIE
05-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey Gino- I know you are not only a fan but a racer and more importantly putting your money where your mouth is. Thanks for all that you do, are doing and continuing to do for the sport!

I see how "keyboard racers" get to you guys (me included and some times the leader of that pack!) but don't want to pizz off who is ultimately your end customer.

Cheers and many checkered flags in your future!
Mark

Mark....Thanks...and I do not want to tick off any fans...but as you know there are some out there with only agenda's...and you are sure not one of them...I would never put you in that catagory...I have never seen you post something on here that has put down our sport or and Org....its just a few...so I speak my mined on here when I see it....hope to see you soon again...may be even YODA will be sitting on a few phone books to see over the dash again....

MANITIE
05-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Be careful what you wish for......

TV magnifies all things...the good and the bad. If you have a great race with edge of the seat action, a great story, interesting personality development and high viewer ratings...TV is wonderful.

If you have a non competitive stinker with no coherence, and a bunch of rich strangers showing off their toys..TV is an unforgiving eye in the sky with the ability to cancel your show as quick as the snap of two fingers.

Do you really think the current sport is something that a typical couch potato would watch?.....Or, would he simply channel surf to "The Nascar adventures of Michael Waltrip"? I have probably spent more time than all of the other boat racing tele-commentators combined trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t..... but even the challenging stuff we had to work with including the dizzying classes and turnouts of 8-10 years ago was a lot better than today's material.

T2x

T2x.....I'm basing my comment on experience....in 2001 - 2003 with the Speed Channel TV shows did great things for my team with sponsorship...if you talk to fans they will tell you the shows were great...since lossing that show...it has been twice the battle to get sponsors....with the number one question from potental sponsors being will there be any TV....Every Org has look to get TV...but becasue of cost elected to opt out of that path...look at some of the past TV that has been aired in the last 4 years....none have been anywhere near the shows since the APBA days....but every ORG has said it still better for the sport....

just GIECO over last week in KT. running up and down the river by themselves have had a 10 min show put together....

You can take 15 boats and make it a show....but its up to the producers to do that....and if racers are smart...putting on a little show also themselves...checking out on everyone is not good racing to watch...people want to see deck to deck racing....there is nothing wrong with racers doing a little of that...which we were told before any race in the drivers meeting in APBA....that a lot of the footage being used is were there was deck to deck racing....

But to not ask for TV because your not sure if the show will be good...is not a great approach....the racers want to get sponsors...and TV is the esiest way to get sponsors and attention for your team and our sport...

XtremeRacing
05-04-2009, 07:19 PM
The Kentucky Derby was less when 2 mins for the race with a 3 hrs show...hummmmmm it was on the air from 4-7 saturday. I guess you can make anything work if you have the right people doing it.

stevequick
05-04-2009, 07:37 PM
T2x.....I'm basing my comment on experience....in 2001 - 2003 with the Speed Channel TV shows did great things for my team with sponsorship...if you talk to fans they will tell you the shows were great...since lossing that show...it has been twice the battle to get sponsors....with the number one question from potental sponsors being will there be any TV....Every Org has look to get TV...but becasue of cost elected to opt out of that path...look at some of the past TV that has been aired in the last 4 years....none have been anywhere near the shows since the APBA days....but every ORG has said it still better for the sport....

just GIECO over last week in KT. running up and down the river by themselves have had a 10 min show put together....

You can take 15 boats and make it a show....but its up to the producers to do that....and if racers are smart...putting on a little show also themselves...checking out on everyone is not good racing to watch...people want to see deck to deck racing....there is nothing wrong with racers doing a little of that...which we were told before any race in the drivers meeting in APBA....that a lot of the footage being used is were there was deck to deck racing....

But to not ask for TV because your not sure if the show will be good...is not a great approach....the racers want to get sponsors...and TV is the esiest way to get sponsors and attention for your team and our sport...

Excellent points Gino and well spelled.

T2x we all respect and value your experience and input. It's true we will never know where we are going if we forget where we came from.

In an orderly world we would have to gather our sht, remove twenty classes and exhibit a lot more competition before we became interesting to Joe Public.
Then Carbonell inks a deal that catapults us into the family rooms of a couple million Joe's. Ready or not here we come. Saturday afternoons this Fall between College Football games. Prime channel surfing time.
It does not always come in an orderly manner.

The partnership with Red Bull completely changed the rules and courses of Airplane racing. The producers took a fascinating and dangerous sport and made it understandable and interesting to the uninitiated. That is the model I believe the CBS deal will try to duplicate.
If what I have herd is correct it will not resemble anything we have seen.
SQ

Coach
05-05-2009, 12:21 PM
SQ,

Great commentary here... That programming for Red Bull Air Races is blistering exciting! I've caught a few of those episodes the last year or so, they are amazing. If they do a similar production for Offshore Powerboat Racing, it will be smoking hot hot hot!

Coach

stevequick
05-06-2009, 12:03 PM
Rich,
You might be amazed at how much of your advice may be taken.

Look, the last place I belong is in a debate with you, I am no Icon. Actually if we agree on almost every subject, what we are having is a conversation. It's a conversation everyone with an Offshore race boat and the cash to race it should be having.

If your assumptions prove to be correct and this is a rehash of past mistakes, damn SBI and whoever else is involved.

But what if this actually is "like nothing else we have ever seen?" Who are we to pass this up, even if it is not perfect but better. Who are we to pass it up?
If my assumptions, based on the little I have heard prove to be correct, the difference this time will be that the patients are not in charge of the asylum.
For Offshore THAT would be a whole different animal.
Stay tuned,
SQ

MarylandMark
05-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Here is what I don't get-

Would you rather race:

36 Skater with 525's for free (whatever org and class that fits in; if any)? When I say free I mean you have a sponsor and are a paid professional racer.

or

36 Skater with 700's (whatever org and class that fits in;if any) on your own dime? When I say your own dime I mean you race the way you most likely do now; it could mean you are a paid professional racer but more than likely not so much (not that you are less of a racer by any means; focusing only on the money aspect).

So- with TV here (again); why not "fall in line" with the rules of the org that has the cameras behind them? Why not spend your money now to get your boat/crew set up to race the org with the TV coverage so you won't be spending your money in the future?

I know - it is easy for me to spend your money and it is your money and you can spend it however you like. I don't have boat racing money but I can tell you if I were racing and had to drop the coin of 2-3 seasons on this single season so I may not only never have to drop my own coin to race again but get paid to race- I'd be there!

stevequick
05-06-2009, 04:15 PM
You might be surprised if you get that call, I will not.
SQ

TYPHOON
05-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Mark, what makes you think we could get any sponsors for this year. Beacause there is a boat race on TV? No one has said if we get a sponsor which class's will be shown. I dont see getting a sponsor unless they get a return on there investment. If someone had the balls to say we will be concentrating our show on this class then maybe people from that class would come and maybe people would re-rigg there boats to meet that class specs. Offshore needs a top selling class that can put on a show and focus on that class. It may be P-5 or it may be Turbine but pick one! No compatition, no long term TV would be my guess.
MD

TYPHOON
05-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Steve so who is in charge of this project? I would love to see some new blood with a dream and a fresh plan. If its the same old,same old its hard to believe. We have been down that road. What happens if after filming the whole season they dont like the show and dont air it? Is that possable?
MD

MarylandMark
05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
Mark, what makes you think we could get any sponsors for this year. Beacause there is a boat race on TV? No one has said if we get a sponsor which class's will be shown. I dont see getting a sponsor unless they get a return on there investment. If someone had the balls to say we will be concentrating our show on this class then maybe people from that class would come and maybe people would re-rigg there boats to meet that class specs. Offshore needs a top selling class that can put on a show and focus on that class. It may be P-5 or it may be Turbine but pick one! No compatition, no long term TV would be my guess.
MD

Great points and some thing I hadn't thought of. Your right- that is a lot of coin if you aren't even in the rolling credits. Plus I'm sure all racers are tired of being promised the world in one way or another only to be screwed in one way or another- offshore racing is it's own worst enemy.

How about using the bad blood (for lack of a better term) between the orgs as the start of a rivalry? Give'em someone to cheer for?

TYPHOON
05-06-2009, 06:34 PM
So not to sound negative, What would be great is if SBI had a advertisement agency that got boats sponsors. Now that it is going to be on NBC. SBI could get there cut,the agency could get there cut and the team now has money to get to the races that will put on a bigger show.:sifone:
MD

MarylandMark
05-06-2009, 06:39 PM
so not to sound negative, what would be great is if sbi had a advertisement agency that got boats sponsors. Now that it is going to be on CBS. Sbi could get there cut,the agency could get there cut and the team now has money to get to the races that will put on a bigger show.:sifone:
Md

Fixed

TYPHOON
05-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Mark thats a great angle. I have always liked trash talking before a race. Maybe someone could be challangeing someone to a race in SBI. Build a challange that our boats are better than yours. Who wants a piece of that!:sifone: Some compansation would go a long way as well to get it going.
MD

audacity
05-06-2009, 11:53 PM
"It may take that kind of creativity to make a silk purse out of this sow's ear"

that is real funny stuff right there!

XtremeRacing
05-07-2009, 01:53 AM
Randy,
I think you are going to be suprised at how many advertiser you will see shortly. I guess time will tell, either they will or they won't.

Sean Stinson
05-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Randy,
I think you are going to be suprised at how many advertiser you will see shortly. I guess time will tell, either they will or they won't.

That is one true statement....Time Will Tell!!!!!

MANITIE
05-07-2009, 11:00 AM
I guess one thing JC would look at in helping out race teams...would be his loyal teams that have been there for his Org....I don't speak for JC...but if JC got any compinsation from advertising...I would think he would feed some of his teams that have been there for him threw thick and thin....I don't know of to many Orgs that would not take care of there own....

I know its really about the show in the end for our sport....but I would think any Org will allways be there first for his own loyal teams....

XtremeRacing
05-07-2009, 11:33 AM
I guess one thing JC would look at in helping out race teams...would be his loyal teams that have been there for his Org....I don't speak for JC...but if JC got any compinsation from advertising...I would think he would feed some of his teams that have been there for him threw thick and thin....I don't know of to many Orgs that would not take care of there own....

I know its really about the show in the end for our sport....but I would think any Org will allways be there first for his own loyal teams....

Gino,
The door is open for any team what truly wants to race no different then before. As you know we had teams from all Orgs. in numerous races this yr, and in KW. As the advertiseing money comes in SBI will try and help as many teams as possible. The Producer from CBS will be in Marathon and I think we should have more info. on the format of the shows.

stevequick
05-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Randy,
A couple of thoughts and possibly an answer or two.
The programs will be a production of CBS Sports. I'm sure you know their history. Many of the successful productions we compare our lack of success to (BMX, Supercross) are handled by CBS Sports. Throw in a few Superbowls the PGA and NCAA and you have a good start to a huge list.
Some aspects of the programs might not be up to Rich Luhrs standards (sorry I could not help myself) , but try to remember a time when they got it wrong. While we are on the subject remember it's CBS Sports, not CBS daytime or CBS reality.
CBS Sports........Olympics, any more questions about production quality?

How the advertising revenues from this will be handled or handed out, I have no idea. I doubt that even JC has a firm handle on the logistics of it all. There is a master framework and it keeps being colored in as planned at an alarming rate. The master plan you would like to be told of is not completely written. Nothing is being held back. News is being released as soon as it is verified. Much more will be completed by and announced at the Marathon race.

As for participation, any team with a positive attitude that wants to be a part of the future of the next chapter of Offshore is invited.
SQ

Sean Stinson
05-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Randy,
A couple of thoughts and possibly an answer or two.
The programs will be a production of CBS Sports. I'm sure you know their history. Many of the successful productions we compare our lack of success to (BMX, Supercross) are handled by CBS Sports. Throw in a few Superbowls the PGA and NCAA and you have a good start to a huge list.
Some aspects of the programs might not be up to Rich Luhrs standards (sorry I could not help myself) , but try to remember a time when they got it wrong. While we are on the subject remember it's CBS Sports, not CBS daytime or CBS reality.
CBS Sports........Olympics, any more questions about production quality?

How the advertising revenues from this will be handled or handed out, I have no idea. I doubt that even JC has a firm handle on the logistics of it all. There is a master framework and it keeps being colored in as planned at an alarming rate. The master plan you would like to be told of is not completely written. Nothing is being held back. News is being released as soon as it is verified. Much more will be completed by and announced at the Marathon race.

As for participation, any team with a positive attitude that wants to be a part of the future of the next chapter of Offshore is invited.
SQ

Well said.....It all comes down to the racers wanting to better the deal and getting together to race a covered event!!!! Hell it can be entertaining at the least and everyone may have some fun in the process!!!

MANITIE
05-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Gino,
The door is open for any team what truly wants to race no different then before. As you know we had teams from all Orgs. in numerous races this yr, and in KW. As the advertiseing money comes in SBI will try and help as many teams as possible. The Producer from CBS will be in Marathon and I think we should have more info. on the format of the shows.

Thanks Frank for the info.....

Sean Stinson
05-07-2009, 12:33 PM
Well I know one of the sticky points was fees.......Correct me if I am wrong but anyone who raced Key West last November is already paid for the year so that leaves a handful of teams that falls into the fee arguement!!! The other sticky point is tech.....well I don't have an answer for that...other than the banner you're racing under is the one calling the shots for that event!!!

MANITIE
05-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Well I know one of the sticky points was fees.......Correct me if I am wrong but anyone who raced Key West last November is already paid for the year so that leaves a handful of teams that falls into the fee arguement!!! The other sticky point is tech.....well I don't have an answer for that...other than the banner you're racing under is the one calling the shots for that event!!!

Sean....you are correct...if you look at all the race teams that raced in Key West in 08 they are paid for 09...they just need to pay the entre fee's...also on the tech side...teams from every Org that raced in K.W. was inspected by SBI/APBA....also teams from all Orgs that raced in Sarasota also were tech by SBI/APBA.....So we may not be to far away on a couple of joint races...

MANITIE
05-07-2009, 01:38 PM
If you look at the teams that are paid for 09 in SBI/APBA...

There are:

SCU: 4
SC 850: 3
SC 750: 5
TURBINES: 3
SCL: 4
STOCK: 4

And what around 35+ P-Class boats registered....and have raced under the SBI/APBA banner....

So if you take a race like Sarasota or Clearwater....how many more teams would make the trip that are not listed.....

Sean Stinson
05-07-2009, 01:45 PM
Well maybe we can get something going on! Randy how do you feel about some of this stuff so far???

MANITIE
05-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Now lets take it a little bit further....

In OSS these are the teams that showed up in Boloxi that are not regestered:

Team Propstop SCL
Team Persucat SC 750
I think 1 SCL
and 5 SVL's...........

So if OSS wanted to do a joint race with SBI/APBA only 8 teams would have to sign up....and outside of SVL it would be bringing in 1 more boat for 3 class's...(every boat counts though)...

So the bottom line is there are 60 boats registered in SBI/APBA and we just need to have 8 more join and there could be a good joint race....

And I only brought up OSS because they travel all over the place...while OPA teams are comfortable in there back yard which is all over the Northeast...

So not counting the entre fee's because we all pay them.. just the equipment fee's and crew fee's we are about 19k away to get everyone registered. OSS would not have to pay for safety or any other inspectors...NOW I know your going to say but thats how OSS is run...and we know that...but OSS and OPA racers run in SBI/APBA with there current safety and inspectors the way it is now......now can there not be a fun raiser to raise this money...or something like that...

So instead of having Orgs change there rules and have all kinds of concessions made...this is the least resistance to bring in....

Just a thought

stevequick
05-07-2009, 02:29 PM
I don't mean to interrupt this discussion. The poster for the Marathon race is up in the SBI section. Nice poster.

Sean H
05-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Sean....you are correct...if you look at all the race teams that raced in Key West in 08 they are paid for 09...they just need to pay the entre fee's...also on the tech side...teams from every Org that raced in K.W. was inspected by SBI/APBA....also teams from all Orgs that raced in Sarasota also were tech by SBI/APBA.....So we may not be to far away on a couple of joint races...

there was tech in KW? wow, must of missed that... :sifone:

ThrottleUp Props
05-07-2009, 02:47 PM
I was there and I saw you!

Julie

Sean H
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
I was there and I saw you!

Julie

props were tech'd, I am just not sure we were all spinning the same rpm. :leaving::sifone:

XtremeRacing
05-07-2009, 04:10 PM
If you look at the teams that are paid for 09 in SBI/APBA...

There are:

SCU: 4
SC 850: 3
SC 750: 5
TURBINES: 3
SCL: 4
STOCK: 4

And what around 35+ P-Class boats registered....and have raced under the SBI/APBA banner....

So if you take a race like Sarasota or Clearwater....how many more teams would make the trip that are not listed.....

Gino,
Lets not forget 3 SV Unlimited, and 2 SV Extremes.

stevequick
05-07-2009, 04:14 PM
And like I said "the last place I belong is in a debate with you". In fairness to my gullible self I believe my commentary was about production values. My point was, these shows will be produced by one of the top production teams in the business. I don't think I suggested SBI would be mentioned in conjunction with anyone.
In fairness to you, I did ask for it.
I own a few bridges already. I bought a some of them from SBI believe it or not.
This time, in spite of your prognostication to the contrary, it's not a bridge they are selling.
SQ

XtremeRacing
05-07-2009, 04:41 PM
I keep hearing about teching, not sure what that is all about. SBI tech crew is on of the best so not sure what the issue is.
Class rules all match, SS,SV,750/850 Cats,SCU,SCL,Turbines.

Good example there was a SCL team in KW in 07 that was *****ing about a SCL team that won. He asked the inspectors to double and triple ck him,he said he knew he was not legal. This is a boat that won 6 races in OSS that yr, and now he wants the SBI tech to catch him ?? We just thought that was strange, that the OSS tech didnt find the issue if there was one.
In KW 07 ask Neil when he had the Bevins SCL there and how he was inspected. He asked me if he was being inspected like he was because he was an OSS team. He said he was never inspected like that ever. He was inspected as any other boat was .

MANITIE
05-07-2009, 06:15 PM
there was tech in KW? wow, must of missed that... :sifone:

Sean....that may be the biggest problem here...I see SCL and SC's racing in OPA and in SBI/APBA and they are teams that race in every Org....and I don't see them complaining...I see AMSOIL and Motley racing in OSS, OPA and SBI/APBA....and they are SCL's....

I don't race in spec so I can't comment about tech...but I'm looking at all the other spec boats racing in all Orgs and can't see why they would even wast there time racing in these Orgs if there is no tech.....

Pete B
05-07-2009, 07:04 PM
The production value is not in question, as CBS has done many world class events.
the question is subject matter. Marathon will fall on the same weekend as Cumberland, what site will have the better boat count??? better question which site will have actual
racing that can be enjoy by both the novice fan and the seasoned offshore junkie??

A intresting fact that seems to always eludes, is the Miami race first race of the season,
X number of boats show up! then the excuses line up, its too rough , the boats arent ready, etc.

This is suppose to be a professional sport, do you think the Daytona 500 would be as popular if 10 cars only showed up because its too cold, or they were not ready.

That is one of the lamest excuses for not attending a race! yet wanting to be called a Professional.

XtremeRacing
05-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Pete,
So I guess the racers are to blame not the Org. that is a good point . Simalar to the boat count for the Pro AM boats that Ron has worked so hard to Prom. I know a lot of boat said they were coming and bailed on him, it sucks I agree.

TYPHOON
05-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Sean Im ok with a lot of this. I am doing baby steps and watching how the next race turns out with boats now that the news is public. Will it draw more boats? We will see. Will there be more boats racing in each class we will see? I hope they put on a great show. Its hard to here about all the 60 registered boats SBI has and only 11 showed up for the first race. Dont they all know its on TV? Why didnt they show up? We can only hope for a great new beginning for our sport. If I had a sponsor that was paying me to race my boat I would be right there with you guys. Keep plugging away guys.
PS: In the past I was posting NBC in my post's I am sorry about that. Someone cleared that up for me that its CBS.
MD

Sean H
05-07-2009, 07:35 PM
I keep hearing about teching, not sure what that is all about. SBI tech crew is on of the best so not sure what the issue is.
Class rules all match, SS,SV,750/850 Cats,SCU,SCL,Turbines.

Good example there was a SCL team in KW in 07 that was *****ing about a SCL team that won. He asked the inspectors to double and triple ck him,he said he knew he was not legal. This is a boat that won 6 races in OSS that yr, and now he wants the SBI tech to catch him ?? We just thought that was strange, that the OSS tech didnt find the issue if there was one.
In KW 07 ask Neil when he had the Bevins SCL there and how he was inspected. He asked me if he was being inspected like he was because he was an OSS team. He said he was never inspected like that ever. He was inspected as any other boat was .

nobody checked weight, gear, ecu on 850 boats at KW.

julie and matt checked props.

stevequick
05-07-2009, 08:34 PM
The production value is not in question, as CBS has done many world class events.
the question is subject matter. Marathon will fall on the same weekend as Cumberland, what site will have the better boat count??? better question which site will have actual
racing that can be enjoy by both the novice fan and the seasoned offshore junkie??

A intresting fact that seems to always eludes, is the Miami race first race of the season,
X number of boats show up! then the excuses line up, its too rough , the boats arent ready, etc.

This is suppose to be a professional sport, do you think the Daytona 500 would be as popular if 10 cars only showed up because its too cold, or they were not ready.

That is one of the lamest excuses for not attending a race! yet wanting to be called a Professional.

Wow Pete, this Obama has made you cranky. It might help if you think of this deal like YOU probably think of Key West.

They don't deserve it. They don't do a good job running it. They don't have enough of the right kind of boats for it. But like it or not it belongs to SBI.

The subject matter of the programs will be Offshore Powerboat racing and it's racers.
Between now and October there will be plenty of racing to program. This is not about Miami, Cumberland or even Marathon. The biggest races might take up more than one program. As each piece of this story unfolds the boat counts will grow enough to provide the necessary competition. The American public's perception of our sport will be molded by these programs, like it or not. The numbers involved guarantee it. Please try to think of how much our sport will benefit if these shows resonate with the public. It will be good for everyone regardless of the three letters on their shirt.

I have not heard anyone suggest that Teams should cancel races with whoever they are racing with. SBI is not putting out a call to "jump ship". The requirements are a positive attitude, an Offshore Raceboat and the cash to race it. The payoff could be massive. The payoff for those with a secured and CBS approved national sponsor will be massive.

Insulting the Racers who chose not to make Miami and getting back into the boat count silliness is not very positive.
Who besides OPA has any business bragging about boat count? Who?

I know how you feel about the election.
SQ

XtremeRacing
05-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Sean,
Just to clear that up,part of the deal with Merc being at KW was for them to do Tech inspection on the 850 boat. You might want to ask Bill about that.

Sean Stinson
05-07-2009, 09:35 PM
OK you guys need to clarify which Sean you're talking to here!!! I am pretty sure Randy's post was to me and I think the last Xtreme was to Sean H....Sorry i am easily confused I should have been a blonde or maybe it was because I paid attn to too many blondes!!!

stevequick
05-07-2009, 10:07 PM
OK you guys need to clarify which Sean you're talking to here!!! I am pretty sure Randy's post was to me and I think the last Xtreme was to Sean H....Sorry i am easily confused I should have been a blonde or maybe it was because I paid attn to too many blondes!!!

Sean Stinson,
I don't know you that well. But I know about the blondes. Not sure how I know. Osmosis? Too much time reading about this stuff?
SQ

Dunbar 104
05-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Race boat for sale. Trade for monster truck

Sean H
05-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Sean,
Just to clear that up,part of the deal with Merc being at KW was for them to do Tech inspection on the 850 boat. You might want to ask Bill about that.

Well, the boats weren't inspected.

So now who does it for SBI? I know you guys have adapted the 850 rule book from OSS, does that mean you have new ECM's to pass out as well for everybody for each race?

this really isn't tv related, and it's not a chit stirring exercise either.... but tech is a legit source of concern especially in this class, race speeds could vary wildly by 15-20 MPH without much effort if no fear of a tech inspection.

We don't mind bringing it, we just want to know how much we need to bring. :seeya:

all other questions should go to the other Sean.... :sifone:

TYPHOON
05-07-2009, 10:37 PM
I agree this could be big if it goes off. So am I out of line to ask JC to call OSS (Poli) and to disscuss whats going on. Is there an opertunity to REALY bring the OSS boats to more SBI races. It still boils down to some give and take or does SBI still want to hold the ground of its my way or the highway. I would like to see some dialog and some giving on both sides. With out giving I feel there is still a lot of bad blood to bring the teams together at more than one race in Key West. A TV show needs big races all year I would think. I am sure some will say SBI doesnt need to give anything they have TV now. I think thats bad business if thats the answer. If you have TV and that money backing you WHY WOULD YOU NEED ENTRY FEE AND REGISTRATION FEE'S? Wouldnt the object be to jump start this show to insure its success and make sure you had a show. Could you imagine if this show fails beacause there were not enough boats.Go ahead and shoot me now.
MD

XtremeRacing
05-08-2009, 12:39 AM
Randy,
Some good points, and some of them if not all of that could be happening. Its not going to happen over nite but a lot of it is in the works. SBI is getting call from teams all day long, and some new teams that are showing interests. This is all good news and possible a begining to what the futhure will bring.
SBI has 9 reg boats for the Kilo's already from different Orgs. so teams r showing interests to be involved. The teams that want to make it happen will make it happen.

Is this the cure all to everything and for everyone absolutely not, but it is a hell of a lot better then anything else i see out there right now. We all agree Offshore needs something and is at its lowest point that it has been for yrs. I dont really see what we have to lose. If things work thats great and if they dont what have we lost. If we keep saying the glass is half empty long enough you know what we will all start to beleave it.

SBI is flipping the bill for the big cash for TV not me and you,so I know I'm not complaining yet. We all say how it should be done and how to do it but does anyone of us really know what the Big Picture is?? So if you dont know how can we say its not going to be done right??

I dont see anyone else signing a ck and making Offshore work, not putting anyone down but all I here is about boat count and 11 boats in Miami. OSS averages 15-20 Pro Series boats a race, is that trully the big show and the cure for Offfshore?? Sarasota will have 35-40 is that the cure hell no.We can play the boat count game all we want its up to us the racers not the Org. to make a differance.

stevequick
05-08-2009, 07:53 AM
Fair enough

Sean Stinson
05-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Wow Pete, this Obama has made you cranky. It might help if you think of this deal like YOU probably think of Key West.

They don't deserve it. They don't do a good job running it. They don't have enough of the right kind of boats for it. But like it or not it belongs to SBI.

The subject matter of the programs will be Offshore Powerboat racing and it's racers.
Between now and October there will be plenty of racing to program. This is not about Miami, Cumberland or even Marathon. The biggest races might take up more than one program. As each piece of this story unfolds the boat counts will grow enough to provide the necessary competition. The American public's perception of our sport will be molded by these programs, like it or not. The numbers involved guarantee it. Please try to think of how much our sport will benefit if these shows resonate with the public. It will be good for everyone regardless of the three letters on their shirt.

I have not heard anyone suggest that Teams should cancel races with whoever they are racing with. SBI is not putting out a call to "jump ship". The requirements are a positive attitude, an Offshore Raceboat and the cash to race it. The payoff could be massive. The payoff for those with a secured and CBS approved national sponsor will be massive.

Insulting the Racers who chose not to make Miami and getting back into the boat count silliness is not very positive.
Who besides OPA has any business bragging about boat count? Who?

I know how you feel about the election.
SQ

I think we are all peeved about Obaba Obama but hey there's nothing we can do about it for 4 years at least.....So now to the boat racing thing all we can do is try to throw ideas and things to the orgs that might make them think unify but it's not going to happen overnight....so the next step is to work with what we have until something that will bring the racers together....I am working on something I promise you and I hope it works .....but if it doesn't I can say I tried.....and if I get irritated with all of the politics well I will do my best to maintain a level of professionalism!!!!

Sean Stinson
05-08-2009, 08:23 AM
The boat count can be argued until were all dead......Nascar has 43 everyweek that do thye show....Class 1 has less than 20.....XCat I'm not sure....P1 has under 30 these figures are off the top of my head if you want exact I will have them for you later today..... Where am I going with all this??? The state of confusion in current racing for the fan and the rifts between the current orgs, he said she said, and keyboard wars is what keeps alot of the stuff thriving....All the orgs have their own agendas and that is fine but the reasons for not racing together are weak at best!!! I have to go to a meeting this morning but I will get into this when I get back!!! Randy please call me I let your number get pushed off before I saved it my bad!!!!

ThrottleUp Props
05-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Sean Stinson,
I don't know you that well. But I know about the blondes. Not sure how I know. Osmosis? Too much time reading about this stuff?
SQ

Me too Steve......"Osmosis"....I never tell!:biggrinjester:

Julie

Coach
05-08-2009, 10:15 PM
POWER SURGE CBS SPORTS TO BROADCAST SUPER BOAT INTERNATIONAL RACING SERIES

Key West, Fl - 5/8/2009 The 2009 Super Boat International Racing Series will be broadcast on the CBS Television Network appearing on the CBS Sports Saturday afternoon lineup in the fall of this year. The hottest growing racing series features the biggest and fastest race boats in the world competing on the liquid race track for the 2009 Super Boat International Championships. John Carbonell, President of Super Boat International Productions, is extremely pleased to showcase the high speed performance and spectacle of offshore Super Boat racing on the CBS Sports schedule beginning in October. The millions of loyal Super Boat racing fans will follow their favorite racing teams and drivers throughout the 2009 event schedule beginning with the Miami Super Boat Grand Prix and concluding with the 29th Annual Key West World Championships.
These elite high tech competition boats are up to fifty feet in length fitted with F-16 Fighter Jet canopies over their cockpits powered by engines producing over four thousand horsepower that accelerate to speeds up to two hundred miles per hour. Super Boat Racing appeals to a wide national fan base passionately drawn to watching their favorite drivers navigate the choppy waves and complicated currents that severely test the skill of a crew and the strength and design of their boat. The 2009 event schedule will bring the Super Boat racing series back to incredible travel destinations ranging from the sparkling beaches of Florida to the high rises of New York City.

“CBS Sports is excited to bring offshore powerboat racing to the viewers showing the powerful action of this great sport,” said Rob Correa, Executive Vice President, Programming, CBS Sports.

Super Boat International racing series has been thrilling fans for the past 29 years appearing in many spectacular locations throughout the country. The 2009 event schedule will take the series to the following locations: Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Key West, Sarasota, Clearwater and Marathon, Florida. In addition, the series will visit Michigan City, Indiana, Moorehead, North Carolina and on the Hudson River in New York City. This year’s New York City event coincides with the 400th anniversary of Henry Hudson’s discovery of the Hudson River sailing on the famous Half Moon.

The racing season culminates in Key West for the 29th Annual World Championships which a week long extravaganza giving fans an opportunity to be up close with their favorite racing teams and drivers. It includes multiple days of racing and non-stop competition at the birthplace of offshore racing.

About Super Boat International

Founded by John Carbonell 19 years ago, Super Boat International races are scheduled to take place in 11 markets across the country. Super Boat International Racing Series has attracted many celebrity racers including Don Johnson, Kurt Russell, Chuck Norris, Bruce Jenner, and Jason Priestley. An estimated 20 million race fans have attended Super Boat International races and this number will continually expand attracting new fans.

Super Boat International is the only official National and International sanctioning body for offshore powerboat racing in the world. For more information including the complete race schedule go to the Super Boat International website: www.SUPERBOAT.com or www.cbssports.com or contact Super Boat International Productions at 1323 20th Terrace, Key West, Fl. 33040, phone 305-296-6166.