PDA

View Full Version : who gave me the early xmas present??

phragle
10-28-2008, 03:37 PM
was down checking on our empty lot today, about a mile from my house..there is a nice 40 + black thunder parked on it, white with purple stripe down the sides. So whoever gave me the new boat.. THANK YOU!!:cheers2:

45Sonic
10-28-2008, 03:40 PM
Where's Excursion's boat????? :)

fund razor
10-28-2008, 04:01 PM
was down checking on our empty lot today, about a mile from my house..there is a nice 40 + black thunder parked on it, white with purple stripe down the sides. So whoever gave me the new boat.. THANK YOU!!:cheers2:

Gene Sipert (sp?) the construction guy has one that he keeps at LP called "insanity" has a green stripe too, I think.

You are living next to where that trimaran always sat, right?

phragle
10-28-2008, 04:11 PM
the trimiran was in my yard, next to the park, our lot is in the lost peninsula

Wrinkleface
10-28-2008, 04:53 PM

Not so EMPTY!!!:leaving:

fund razor
10-28-2008, 05:32 PM

Gotcha.

That could be gene's boat. Maybe they had a problem with the truck or trailer.
Not too many 43 BTs in LP.

Buoy
10-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Gene Sipert (sp?) the construction guy has one that he keeps at LP called "insanity" has a green stripe too, I think.

You are living next to where that trimaran always sat, right?

Are you two referring to the Trimaran that was on 131st??

fund razor
10-28-2008, 05:45 PM

Yeah. Phragle was forced to work on that thing as a child. I think it is awesome. Everybody knows that boat, because we all rolled past it all those years and looked at it and said "what the fuhhh...?" :D
I always pictured some eccentric people building it for some kind of Kon-Tiki adventure. It looked like it was concrete.

fund razor
10-28-2008, 05:46 PM
That dam thing is internationally known. :D

fund razor
10-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Phragle once had a public above ground pool right there until the ghetto caddyshack summer. :D

Buoy
10-28-2008, 05:56 PM
HA, now that's funny.
I remember looking at that thing every time we drove past as a kid, and always thinking, IF the guy ever finishes it, how are they going to get it out of there.
The road was only about as wide as the boat, and I mean both lanes, in a pretty busy area.
That's funny I knew exactly the boat you two were talking about immediately, and can still picture it.
It did look like it was made of concrete.

phragle
10-28-2008, 09:34 PM
all wood, my dad was just going to haul it across the street thru (what used to be) point place jr highs field than crane it in. boat was light all 1/4" ply glassed over, thing was designed to sleep 10 people, 41' long 24' wide..was my dads dream to sail arund the world in it.

Buoy
10-28-2008, 09:57 PM
all wood, my dad was just going to haul it across the street thru (what used to be) point place jr highs field than crane it in. boat was light all 1/4" ply glassed over, thing was designed to sleep 10 people, 41' long 24' wide..was my dads dream to sail arund the world in it.

It became an ICON of it's own status.
Hell, I knew exactly the boat being mentioned without a description aside from trimaran.
Kind of a landmark (I know that wasn't the intention), but if I drive by today, I have to admit I'd be looking for it.

phragle
10-28-2008, 10:23 PM
I cut it up, put chunks of boat on the curb for months, people were actually taking them as suvineers.

fund razor
10-29-2008, 07:15 AM
was my dads dream to sail arund the world in it.

Knew it. That boat had heavy mojo.
All I have to do is close my eyes and I can see it sitting there.

Kind of like the Spruce Goose of Point Place. :D

It must have been strange to chop it up. Maybe you were sick of it.

I talked about this with my g/f.... she grew up at/in/around ORYC. She said that she thinks that she remembers your dad, like 30+ years ago. She said he was like a cross between Grizzly Adams and Peter Frampton. :D
Is that the right guy?

Was the boat named "Horse?"

THEJOKER
10-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Pet Peeve....Call me old fashioned by I would never leave CHRIST out of Christmas.

phragle
10-29-2008, 08:46 AM
that does not describe my dad...think a short abe lincoln

Ms PatriYacht
10-29-2008, 09:55 AM
intersting, did it ever get dunked and do you have any photos?

fund razor
10-29-2008, 04:43 PM
that does not describe my dad...think a short abe lincoln
Ok. Different guy.

fund razor
10-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Pet Peeve....Call me old fashioned by I would never leave CHRIST out of Christmas.

Why.... you PIOUS, Sanctimonius, (ok... I can't do this with a straight face.)

:D :D

I have called it "Chrimmass and Chris mas" (Sunkin) in the last hour. I agree with you though. But... conversationally... I don't notice it.

fund razor
10-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Pics phraggy.
Pics.

Buoy
10-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Pics phraggy.
Pics.

Yeah!

Of the Trimaran!!