PDA

View Full Version : Stringer replacement??

Fat Matt
04-25-2009, 03:30 PM
Just looked at a boat today that has some cracks in the Stringers in the bilge. They are the stringers that run across the main stringers(paralell to the transom) How much would a project like this cost if i was to de-rig the bilge myself? Boat is great other than that. Thanks!

Ratickle
04-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Welcome aboard.

Can you give a more complete description of the boat type, size, and problem?

My guess is more time than money, but our experts at this are probably going to try and figure out what caused the issue to assess hidden damage or other issues. But, I'm not the expert.

They will also suggest a survey I imagine.

Anyway, welcome. I'll be watching to see what happens with this.

Paul

Fat Matt
04-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Its a older 39FT ocean express cat. Nice boat, but the stringers scare me.

Ratickle
04-25-2009, 04:01 PM
Its a older 39FT ocean express cat. Nice boat, but the stringers scare me.

I almost bought one of those instead of the BT. Have you talked to the guys at OE yet? They're pretty good guys.

Offshore Ginger
04-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Its a older 39FT ocean express cat. Nice boat, but the stringers scare me. And they should , just wonderig could we see some pics of the cracks to better give you some advice ? Not to be rude but................. i do not think the older Ocean Express cats where made very well as far as Materials , workmanship , ( lamination ) and everything being short of a quality built boat . The horror......................:rofl::rofl::rofl::26:

Ratickle
04-27-2009, 12:45 PM
And they should , just wondering could we see some pics of the cracks to better give you some advice ?

Artie, you've worked on some OE's, and I looked at buying a couple. Is there anything for him to do other than post pics? They also have built some very nice boats.

phragle
04-27-2009, 12:52 PM
a pik tells a thousand words...difference between a repair and a replace...