PDA

View Full Version : Who's done and who's not??

ChiefApache
04-24-2009, 08:01 AM
How's the winter projects coming along?

We should be in by or a week before Memorial Day weekend.

We still have to get our gimbal ring back and then drop the motor back in. One more hatch to sand and prime, new logos/upholstery on the sunpads is done, not much work to do in the cabin except unclog the sink, then it's time to clean and wax!!!

phragle
04-24-2009, 08:10 AM
oh come on..it's a boat, are you really EVER done??

Ratickle
04-24-2009, 08:12 AM

Ah, so true. I think she means with this years projects before use.

ChiefApache
04-24-2009, 08:18 AM

Never......but we're closing in on this winters projects.

phragle
04-24-2009, 08:25 AM
in that case, you weren't anywear near ambitious enough when you made the list out.... :D

ChiefApache
04-24-2009, 08:27 AM
in that case, you weren't anywear near ambitious enough when you made the list out.... :D

We'll talk ambition tomorrow night and you'll see why I have to limit my husband on his projects. :)

Chris
04-24-2009, 09:24 AM
Done? That's a good one.

When does a boat cease to be a project and officially become a "basket case". I know there's a line and I have this odd feeing I'm well past it.

ChiefApache
04-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Done? That's a good one.

When does a boat cease to be a project and officially become a "basket case". I know there's a line and I have this odd feeing I'm well past it.

There are so many of us on or over that line Chris....that's why we have a forum! :26:

Poker Run in Cleveland June 13 at Lakeside. You have a ride in the Apache if you're interested for the day.

fund razor
04-24-2009, 10:46 AM
Done? That's a good one.

I have an odd feeling that I gravitate toward these boats. :D

ChiefApache
04-25-2009, 09:25 AM
I have an odd feeling that I gravitate toward these boats. :D

Don't we all?

Tony
04-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Done? That's a good one.

You say it like its a problem.:sifone: There is however, a round padded room reserved for those of us with multiple basket cases. :leaving:

Chris
04-25-2009, 10:02 AM
There are so many of us on or over that line Chris....that's why we have a forum! :26:

Poker Run in Cleveland June 13 at Lakeside. You have a ride in the Apache if you're interested for the day.

The date looks pretty good so far. Thanks!

Scarab KV
04-25-2009, 10:06 AM
My project won't start until it's nice enough to open the hatches out side:(

ChiefApache
04-25-2009, 11:32 AM
The date looks pretty good so far. Thanks!

Let us know Chris. We have 4 in the boat right now, and I'm a stickler for not overloading the boat and 5 is my max in a poker run.

ChiefApache
04-25-2009, 11:32 AM
My project won't start until it's nice enough to open the hatches out side:(

We're lucky to have a building that we can work in all winter. I feel bad for those who have to wait until late April/early May to start on their boats.

baywatch
04-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Not done, but I am still hauling it to the lake on Friday where it spends most of it's time on a lift in it's slip. There is a roof over the slip so I will finish the loose ends on rainy weekends. I washed her and leveraged the old girl up today. I also put some new vinyl apache emblems on because the old ones were getting scuffed up from people without covers for thier fenders.

Geronimo36
04-28-2009, 09:12 PM
I've past the peak and it's starting to come together again!

A few more weeks and I should be water bound.. If I wasn't going on vaca I'd probably be done by next weekend. lol

ChiefApache
04-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Not done, but I am still hauling it to the lake on Friday where it spends most of it's time on a lift in it's slip. There is a roof over the slip so I will finish the loose ends on rainy weekends. I washed her and leveraged the old girl up today. I also put some new vinyl apache emblems on because the old ones were getting scuffed up from people without covers for thier fenders.

It was so nice here this past weekend. Had the motors been in, we would have too!

ChiefApache
04-29-2009, 09:16 AM
I've past the peak and it's starting to come together again!

A few more weeks and I should be water bound.. If I wasn't going on vaca I'd probably be done by next weekend. lol

You made some great progress on her Frank! What a nice job you did.

Look forward to hearing how well she runs on her first outing this summer.

drpete3
04-29-2009, 12:58 PM
My motor is going in this week and should hit the water the middle of the next.

baywatch
05-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Hit the water this weekend. Felt great to take the old girl to her summer home and let her turn her wheels. Though I was wearing a cap and ski goggles I can't think of too many things I would rather have rather been doing (regardless of the weather).

ChiefApache
05-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Hit the water this weekend. Felt great to take the old girl to her summer home and let her turn her wheels. Though I was wearing a cap and ski goggles I can't think of too many things I would rather have rather been doing (regardless of the weather).

Good for you!!! I'm jealous.

We painted the gimbal ring last night so that will ship back to TNT tomorrow or Thursday.

Also painted the blower boxes and one engine hatch. One more hatch to fill/sand/paint then we can put the paint away. That will be done by Friday.

ChiefApache
05-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Painted gimbal ring gets shipped back to TNT today, finished painting both hatches and blower boxes, so all of the painting is done.

Get to take all the plastic off the boat today, start working on getting the wood replaced for the sunpads and get those put back together.

I think this weekend I will be able to get in the cabin and start cleaning it.

Once the gimbal ring is back, we put that on and get the motor back in, rig it and then fire up the motors to make sure everything is done correctly.

We're getting close, but I have a feeling it'll be the weekend after Memorial Day before we're in. We still have to clean and wax the boat and that will take a few days when you can only work on it in the evenings.

Geronimo36
05-07-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm going see if I can get the engines back in the boat this weekend!

fund razor
05-07-2009, 11:02 AM
Painted gimbal ring gets shipped back to TNT today, finished painting both hatches and blower boxes, so all of the painting is done.

Get to take all the plastic off the boat today, start working on getting the wood replaced for the sunpads and get those put back together.

I think this weekend I will be able to get in the cabin and start cleaning it.

Once the gimbal ring is back, we put that on and get the motor back in, rig it and then fire up the motors to make sure everything is done correctly.

We're getting close, but I have a feeling it'll be the weekend after Memorial Day before we're in. We still have to clean and wax the boat and that will take a few days when you can only work on it in the evenings.

I lost about 30 days to a parts supplier, so I am looking at maybe mid June now. I figure first week of July with de-bugging and shakedowns.

ChiefApache
05-07-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm going see if I can get the engines back in the boat this weekend!

I read in your x dimension thread that you busted your butt yesterday!

What your wife said to you? I say that to Rob all the time! :biggrinjester:

ChiefApache
05-07-2009, 01:12 PM
I lost about 30 days to a parts supplier, so I am looking at maybe mid June now. I figure first week of July with de-bugging and shakedowns.

First week of July - Kelley's Island!

SKRAMER
05-07-2009, 07:23 PM
first week of july - kelley's island! Lots of us will be there for a 40th bd party.

hmmm!!!!

J-Bonz
05-07-2009, 08:04 PM
First week of July - Kelley's Island! Lots of us will be there for a 40th BD party.

4th of July weekend................? We will be there :)

fund razor
05-07-2009, 08:12 PM
First week of July - Kelley's Island! Lots of us will be there for a 40th BD party.

I'll bet that I am staying around home the first few rides while I break em in and build some confidence in the result.

ChiefApache
05-08-2009, 08:29 AM
4th of July weekend................? We will be there :)

Hope so Dude!!! Loved to catch up and see how things are.

ChiefApache
05-08-2009, 08:30 AM
I'll bet that I am staying around home the first few rides while I break em in and build some confidence in the result.

That's what the rest of us are here for! Nothing better than watching 12 guys looking into an engine compartment trying to figure things out. :ack2:

Sashacig
05-08-2009, 09:14 AM
You've already been sneaking around in places you shouldn't mister....but that won't detere the male strippers and clowns.:sifone:

You must have had a blonde moment! He knows!:(:(

fund razor
05-08-2009, 10:08 AM
That's what the rest of us are here for! Nothing better than watching 12 guys looking into an engine compartment trying to figure things out. :ack2:

Exactly. An open engine hatch is an invitation. :D

Geronimo36
05-18-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm done, tested this weekend and everything ran great! :)

fund razor
05-18-2009, 02:25 PM

Great to hear! Congrats, and have a safe and sound season!

ChiefApache
05-18-2009, 03:17 PM

That's great Frank! I read your thread and it sounds promising. We really hope so.

Geronimo36
05-18-2009, 05:24 PM
That's great Frank! I read your thread and it sounds promising. We really hope so.

I've accomplished more than I set out to do (cruise speed) so anything more will just be a bonus at this point!:26: