PDA

View Full Version : Main page

Geronimo36
10-28-2008, 09:27 AM
If I access the website via the main page www.seriousoffshore.com I get the following message;

Geronimo36, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

But if I enter the site via the forums page (http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/index.php) I have no problem.

Frank

Seafordguy
10-28-2008, 10:37 AM
I get the same thing I am just assuming that after they open up the gates that that will go away....

Geronimo36
10-28-2008, 10:45 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

I had to save the site into my favorites because the more pages I surf the more web addresses show up in my drop-down menu so I have to manually type it, search for it or scroll thru favorites.

Chris
10-28-2008, 04:53 PM
www.seriousoffshore.com is going to be the front page to our content management system. Should be up soon.

Geronimo36
11-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Chris,

Does the mainpage have the incorrect address for Forums Home link? When I go to the main page, www.seriousoffshore.com, and click on forums home it takes me to www.seriousoffshore.com/index.php but the real link that takes me to the forums is www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/index.php which I still have to type in manually.

For outsiders it might be hard for them to navigate into the forums, just FYI.

Frank

Geronimo36
11-11-2008, 06:03 PM
Can anyone show a brother some love?? It's really getting to be a PITA to have to manually type in the address all the time with out just going to the main page. :)

Lee
11-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Right click on your desktop, select new then shortcut. then copy/paste or type in this: http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/index.php? then name it serious offshore or what ever you want, then finish.

Geronimo36
11-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Right click on your desktop, select new then shortcut. then copy/paste or type in this: http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forums/index.php? then name it serious offshore or what ever you want, then finish.

I don't use shortcuts or favorites. I use like 5 different computers between home/work/laptop etc...

Can they please fix the link so it works properly?:03::03:

Anyone coming in from the public domain will enter the site from the mainpage.:seeya:

Geronimo36
11-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Also, with as much promoting that was done in KW, the boat, the shirts ect. new members will enter thru the mainpage, not a short-cut, they'll give up and leave.

I'm looking at this purely from a business perspective, just lookin out for ya'll! :)

inbetween
11-12-2008, 06:35 PM
This is what I get at www.seriousoffshore.com. Doesn't even have the logo at the top

Geronimo36
11-13-2008, 10:39 AM
Hey, thanks for fixing the main page guys!!!:)

inbetween
11-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Yea, thanks. Fixed what I was seein' too