PDA

View Full Version : PPI Gelcoat

Sydwayz
04-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can get PPI Gelcoat in the color "Pure White".

I have a friend who is trying to do some work on a 2003 Sonic, and this is the gelcoat they switched to at that timeframe.

Thanks!
Brian

customryder
04-21-2009, 10:27 AM
mini craft

Audiofn
04-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Mini Craft should have a match for you. They are in Florida. I checked and they do not list Sonic but they may know what you need if you call them. They are very helpfull.

http://www.minicraft.com/

Jon

BDiggity
04-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Quick gel coat question. I want to gelcoat this wood trim piece which i think is used to help provide a support to the berth door. Can i just buy one of the aerisols in matching color & spray it down like paint?

VetteLT193
04-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Quick gel coat question. I want to gelcoat this wood trim piece which i think is used to help provide a support to the berth door. Can i just buy one of the aerisols in matching color & spray it down like paint?

You are probably better off with Imron or Awlgrip. I have used both successfully to paint Teak. All you need is a brush, the stuff is super thick and lays out flat.

BDiggity
04-22-2009, 07:15 PM
You are probably better off with Imron or Awlgrip. I have used both successfully to paint Teak. All you need is a brush, the stuff is super thick and lays out flat.

Great, thanks for the tip.

Audiofn
04-24-2009, 08:03 AM
You can use gel. What I would do is paint it first with polyester and sand it smooth, then you can go with the gell. If you just gell over that it would take a lot of gell to fill in and make the grain go away. You could also just replace it with plastic.

Jon

Sydwayz
04-24-2009, 10:37 AM
Mini-Craft does not carry PPI.