PDA

View Full Version : Raker on a Pantera 24?!

Pantera24
04-20-2009, 07:22 AM
Hi,

Is there anybody out there who has tested a Raker prop on a i/b Pantera 24?
Or on a similar 24` Aronow v-hull?

Last season i run a Hydro Q4 but i dont managed to get enough bowlift.
The boat has 454cui with aprox 380bhp on a Bravodrive with a nosecone.

I know that a Mirage or a Bravoprop will work fine but i am curious how a real bowlifting prop like the Raker will perform.

Any inputs?

Thanks! :)

//Stefan

Pantera24
04-21-2009, 06:13 AM
Nothing?! :huh:

bbladesprops
04-28-2009, 08:45 PM
Have never tried it but theoretically there is enough blade area to carry the boat. I think it may struggle though with a load on board.

Brett

Dude! Sweet!
05-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Hi,

Is there anybody out there who has tested a Raker prop on a i/b Pantera 24?
Or on a similar 24` Aronow v-hull?

Last season i run a Hydro Q4 but i dont managed to get enough bowlift.
The boat has 454cui with aprox 380bhp on a Bravodrive with a nosecone.

I know that a Mirage or a Bravoprop will work fine but i am curious how a real bowlifting prop like the Raker will perform.

Any inputs?

Thanks! :)

//Stefan

Stefan,

My i/o 24 seemed pretty light in the nose. It never really felt like it needed bowlift. Now keep in mind that I don't know what I'm talking about, but what's your boat doing that makes it feel like you need more bow lift?

Do you have a sport or an SE?

Pantera24
06-01-2009, 02:35 AM
Stefan,

My i/o 24 seemed pretty light in the nose. It never really felt like it needed bowlift. Now keep in mind that I don't know what I'm talking about, but what's your boat doing that makes it feel like you need more bow lift?

Do you have a sport or an SE?

I have a sport.
The Hydromotive QIV is a semicleaver and that has a lot of sternlift.
I guess thats why it doesn´t worked well on my boat.

I will test the Raker any day now :)

T-Mone
06-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Pantera 24,

I am interested to hear how you make out with the prop testing on your boat. I have tested many props on my 24 but this is not one of them. I would also like too know how far from the bottom of the the hull to the center of the bullet measures on your boat. When I took a measurement on mine it was 5.5 inches, thinking of trying a 2'' shorty and seeing what that does. Good luck with the testing.

Anthony

Dude! Sweet!
06-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Good luck with the testing. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Pantera24
06-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Pantera 24,
I would also like too know how far from the bottom of the the hull to the center of the bullet measures on your boat.
Anthony

I will test the prop this weekend.

I don`t took any measurements before splashing the boat, but this is how it looks :)

Dude! Sweet!
06-17-2009, 08:55 PM
How'd it run?

Pantera24
06-18-2009, 04:33 AM
How'd it run?

Like a bag of ****! :p

The slip was around 40%....

I mounted a Rev4 instead and that works great :driving:

Dude! Sweet!
06-18-2009, 05:52 PM
40%! Nice... Glad to ehar the Rev4 worked for you!

LittleDcsRodShop
06-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Just 40% slip thats not that bad is it ???

Jk... I ran a Merc. Tempest plus 3 blade on my old 79 24' TRS boat & it worked like a champ.. The tempest plus is predominatly a bass boat prop with alot of rake.. It carried the bow Very well on my particular boat & was right at 9% slip.

I can't remember exactly where the X was on my boat b/c its been a day or two, but I am guessing with it being a TRS it was burried a bit.. It ate up positive trim & was quite a handfull to drive without hydralic steering & the way it rode really nose high, but thats were it ran fastest so thats were I ran it... Although the boat wasn't all that fast it could get kinda dangerous considering the trim button was on the reggie side of the dash... So go figure it was either let go of the wheel or take your hand off the throttle to trim the drive & with the cable steering I wasn't about to take my hand off the wheel at speed.. (not that taking my hand off the throttle was to wise either)

Man I had alot of fun in that boat & if I had it back with the power thats going in the Saber & the XR ITS hanging off the back...:eek::eek: It would be real fun !!! Okay now I am sad.. lol...

Dude! Sweet!
06-19-2009, 02:36 AM
Scotty; why don't you pick up another 24? You could put the its on that and still put the other drive on the sabre?

Dude! Sweet!
06-19-2009, 02:38 AM
Shoot dude, you need a 5th Pantera as a tie breaker! :D

LittleDcsRodShop
06-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Stop Stop Stop Stop !!! :D:D :driving::driving: