PDA

View Full Version : Hey Straightjacket Brian

10x
04-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Brian, what drives are you putting on the Python??

StraightJacket
04-15-2009, 02:02 AM
We bought the # 4's from Brad. I was going to get ahold of you to see what your X was and your prop shaft depth.s is about the closest one I can think off to ours.

10x
04-16-2009, 09:41 PM
I'll take some measurements over the next week. I wanna say that if you took a straight edge and run it under the bottom of the boat right in front of the drive, the prop shafts are about an inch below the bottom. (from what I can remember from checking it a few years ago)

I've got a few things to do on it, I'll probably go work on it next tuesday or wednesday. I'll double check it then.

What drive ratio's are you gonna run ?? Have you got boxes for it ?? You're probably gonna need them. Runnin the Ol' 540's ??

I've got my old inner transom plates in the shop. If you want them for a template for drilling the drive holes, you can have them. I've got to stop by Toms next week to drop off some oil and stuff, I'll leave them with Tom if you're gonna need em.

StraightJacket
04-17-2009, 02:53 AM
If you could take some that would be great, sounds about where we were planning on setting them up. We thought about running them even with the bottom to, with the new bottom being set up like an old Magnum with full running lower strakes now it going to be a gamble.

I'm pretty sure they are 1.50 to 1 , and we have Stelling boxes for them , inner plates, steering , mounts, tie bar , Showers. I will probably need to borrow a set of your small wheels for an Initial set up. Since we are running the old 540's , I know I won't be able to spin any of your normal props since you have alot more torque than us. We do need some Flange type 72c's, I heard that Big Dan put the Crash boxes back in so I have been trying to reach him to buy his .

Me and Hippie kid are running out by Toms tomarrow to look at the hull, He has it on the trailer and just got done waxing it again. Need to get some pics and have him fill and poke some holes for us then I can bring it home and start the re-rig.

Here is my Number feel free to buzz me whenever I seem to always be up.
708 751 8591.

10x
04-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Sounds like you've got it all handled already. Make sure the bearing in those boxes is in new condition, maybe replace it before you put the boxes on. I had one go bad a few years back, and it was a PITA to replace it with the engines in. Just my $.02

I'm running a 1.33 drive ratio, so I don't spin a real aggressive pitch prop. Got some 4 blade 29's, 30's and 31's. Was thinkin about getting some 5 blades this summer, but the boat gets to be a handful at WOT now the way it is. LMAO Plus the wife is'nt that all pumped up about going any faster than we already do. LOL. She wants me to put a 4000 chip in the rev limiter. NOT !!! :rofl: It runs right at 80 @ 4000 with the 31's on it.

When ya figurin on gettin er done ?? Couple more months ?? Before it leaves Toms, I'd see if there was somewhere to put an auxiliary fuel tank, maybe of 10-15 gals. With the one tank feeding both engines, a not so accurate sender could cause a major problem if ya run outa fuel. Then you'd wish for another 10-15 gals to get you to a port. Just thinkin out loud, that's what I'd do anyway. Kinda like an insurance policy on fuel LOL. :sifone: