PDA

View Full Version : Sbi/apba racing in clearwater

MANITIE
04-13-2009, 04:47 PM
I see that SBI/APBA will be holding there National Championship in Clearwater, Fl....and that OSS was suposta race there....are they putting on 2 races this year....I have been following the C.G. permits and did not see there was one for OSS....will this be a joint race with SBI/APBA and OSS and was moved to Oct...or just a SBI event...It will be a great venue...with a lot of big racers from that area...with lots of support...I know Ray was working on putting on a race there for a while now..it looks like all the hard work has paid off....

cigdaze
04-13-2009, 05:13 PM
I haven't heard, but am interested.

OSS website still has Clearwater on the schedule for June 16-19.

When it comes to race sites, none surpasses Clearwater in terms of pristine white beaches, clear gulf waters and dazzling sunshine. With its beaches, great restaurants and uber cool night spots, this is a race you won't want to miss.

Race Village and the wet pits will be located in Sand Key Park, one of the best beach parks along the Gulf Coast. The park is bordered on two sides by the Gulf of Mexico and Clearwater Pass and has its own shelly, white sand beach.

Thousands of spectators will line the beaches as the boats thunder past. Numerous hotels along the beach will offer exceptional race viewing. Make plans to attend!
http://www.offshoresuperseries.com/events.cfm?id=24&func=view

MANITIE
04-13-2009, 05:33 PM
I don't think thats a go....talk to some of my C.G. people....but did hear about a race Oct......don't know if its a signed deal or if permits are done yet....but from what I hear it should be a go...

What a great site for a race.....

Pete B
04-14-2009, 09:06 AM
I haven't heard, but am interested.

OSS website still has Clearwater on the schedule for June 16-19.

I believe you meant July 16 to 18, In June they OSS will be racing in Sunny Isles, and doing the classic Miami to Bimini.

florida gator
04-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Clearwater would be awesome. I wonder what the route would be?? I remember when I was younger watching a race from the Pier in St Pete.

TYPHOON
04-14-2009, 09:33 AM
Florida Gator, you would have to ask Gino. He has all the info.
MD

cigdaze
04-14-2009, 09:40 AM
I believe you meant July 16 to 18, In June they OSS will be racing in Sunny Isles, and doing the classic Miami to Bimini.
Yes, my apologies.

cigdaze
04-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Clearwater would be awesome. I wonder what the route would be?? I remember when I was younger watching a race from the Pier in St Pete.

Yes, Clearwater could be an incredible venue. Racing Around Sand Key Park...that would be cool!

I very much remember the St. Pete Pier races, too. Boy, I miss racing here.

MANITIE
04-14-2009, 11:37 AM

FG....I have a good idea were the veiwing will be from...but it will come down to the C.G. finnal approval on the permit...from what I have seen...it will be great viewing from Clearwater beach....but that is not my place to go into...SBI/APBA will post there course when the permits are done....and YES...what a great site it will be....how great will it be if we can get some old great racers lile Hugh F, Steve M, Mike A and more locals back yard....

MANITIE
04-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Yes, Clearwater could be an incredible venue. Racing Around Sand Key Park...that would be cool!

I very much remember the St. Pete Pier races, too. Boy, I miss racing here.

Nick...funny your should mention Sand Key Park......

MANITIE
04-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Florida Gator, you would have to ask Gino. He has all the info.
MD

Randy no offence...but I stay out of the political BS....But I do know a lot of people that are involved in the disitions of some race sites and maybe to your suprise....and yes a lot dose get back to me...BUT SO YOU KNOW...I do not bash or talk down about any race Org when these things come up....even when there is neg. things being said on the other side....I just sit back and say....well...I wounder how that will turn out....

I'm a nobody...just a racers that wants to race and help out our sport in any which way to better the sport....

TYPHOON
04-14-2009, 11:56 AM
And Gino you are doing a fine job of not getting involved or being negative to OSS.
MD

Dunbar 104
04-14-2009, 11:59 AM
I think he has a future writing speeches for the democratic party.

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Gino are you racing SBI this year?

What is your interest in this?

I am looking forward to racing in Clearwater this year. It is a beautiful place to race.

MANITIE
04-14-2009, 01:41 PM
Jim we are schedule to race Sarasota, Clearwater and Key West with SBI/APBA....and the OPA season....

I'm moving to New Port Richey as soon as my house sells or may just rent it up here...so yes I know a lot of poeple in Clearwater including people that are involved with events for the town......and I spend a lot of time there.. around 8 to 10 days a month...till I move there...and yes you are right...it is a great town and race site...

As I'm sure you know...I have my hands full with all I have going on...
Trying to build a new Dragon...
and putting the Series together...along with a Class 5 boat....

MANITIE
04-14-2009, 01:45 PM
And Gino you are doing a fine job of not getting involved or being negative to OSS.
MD

Randy...sorry if you feel I'm getting involved..and that I talked to the C.G. to see if there were any pemitts for them dates...Sorry but I was asked a favor and I did it for some freinds...I was woundering since OSS had Clearwater on there schedule and SBI/APBA did maybe you guys joined up for a race...Sean answered and said it was not....so if you read back in the beggining...I am glad to see a race site come to Clearwater...and if you read on you will see that I'm supporting it....

If that makes me getting involved into all the political BS then so be it....I feel it is not...It will be my back yard soon so yes...this site is important to me...

Ron and I have talked a while back...and I told him if I ever post something that is slamming OSS to please call me and if I am...I will remove it....

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Nice, Good luck on the sale and move.

So does that mean you would race with OSS in Clearwater? If you had it scheduled you must have?

MANITIE
04-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Nice, Good luck on the sale and move.

So does that mean you would race with OSS in Clearwater? If you had it scheduled you must have?

If OSS got the site...they don't have P Class...I have been following the Pro Am but do not know if they would even have Pro Am boats show up...so it was a wait and see...but in late Feb. I was contacted since I had interest in the site because it would be my new back yard...and it was not looking good for your race...I sat back to see things play out...and when I heard some solid news is when I posted this thread...I will be running either the Joker or the Class 5 boat in Clearwater...I will not be bringing the Dragon down...its so much more work...So I would not be racing it in the new OSS P1 Class...

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-14-2009, 05:23 PM
I figured you would want to show off your New Joker boat as much as possible.

MANITIE
04-14-2009, 05:32 PM
I do....we have been working on the rigging equipment for some time to get the pricing to fit....and still not there....I'm hoping Tyler can do some magic with the numbers....or if Merc can work something out....I'm also working on a option with a GM leased engine to bring the price down...but its still in the works...

Sean H
04-14-2009, 08:15 PM
I do....we have been working on the rigging equipment for some time to get the pricing to fit....and still not there....I'm hoping Tyler can do some magic with the numbers....or if Merc can work something out....I'm also working on a option with a GM leased engine to bring the price down...but its still in the works...

not to hijack this thread, but are you looking to change to GM engines or in addition to scorpian? Is it still gonna be a one engine supplier class?

MANITIE
04-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi Sean...right now we have the GM deal and will be running a GM engine...Frank from Scopian will be the engine buider and dynoing and sealing the engines....
I''m also in the middle of talks with a optional GM racing engine..I'm trying everything to get the pricing down to fit everything into the 50k....