PDA

View Full Version : 77 Lucas Oil all geared up for 2009

Racewater
04-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Here’s a fresh look at the definitive livery for one of this year’s key Powerboat P1 Evolution-class title contenders. The 77 LUCAS OIL team have undergone plenty of change this year, supersizing to . . . a Swedish Cargo ship?
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/NigelHook/2009%20Nigel%20Hook%20Racing/00%20Pre-Season/77-ATLANTIC_CONVEYOR.jpg
Nigel Hook will be joined in the cockpit by former team-mate Joe Sgro.
(pictured above - not to scale)

Captain Hook states: "This 1985 hull is the best choice for endurance racing and with a length and breadth of 292m X 32m, the boat will certainly be very stable in the corners. With a cruising speed of 12.9 knots, I’m sure this will be a comfortable ride for the rough sea conditions frequently found in the Powerboat P1 circuit!"

OK. Not really. But the Americans are on their way! The revolutionary SV43 Outerlimits powered by Chief Engines and Whipple Superchargers is race-ready and heading overseas to compete in the 2009 Powerboat P1 World Championships.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w207/NigelHook/2008%20Nigel%20Hook%20Racing/2008-70-KEYWEST/KW08_2076OL_JayNichols-small.jpg
(2008 World Champions Super V Unlimits - photo Jay Nichols)

The new 77 LUCAS OIL entry has been loaded onto the ACL cargo ship known as the Atlantic Conveyor and has began the 13-day trans-Atlantic crossing between Portsmouth, Virginia and Antwerp, Belgium. The boat will be met in Antwerp by the Lucas Oil crew and then begin the final leg of the pre-season journey to the kick-off race in Malta May 8-10.

As Captain on 77 LUCAS OIL, and on behalf of NIGEL HOOK RACING, we would like to thank our following sponsors who support this campaign:

Lucas Oil (www.LucasOil.com)
Outerlimits Powerboats (www.OuterlimitsPowerboats.com)
Chief Engines (www.ChiefEngines.com)
Whipple Superchargers (www.WhippleSuperchargers.com)
Hering Propellers (www.HeringPropellers.com)
Premier Shipping and Packaging (www.psap.co.uk)

SHARKEY-IMAGES
04-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Sure glad to see it made it to the ship on time.

Now I hope they do not have to pass by Somalia...:ack2:

Best of luck this season. :sifone:

MOBILEMERCMAN
04-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Best of luck through the up coming season.

ILMORdude
04-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Good luck to all