PDA

View Full Version : Lake St. Clair / Detroit River / Erie Fun Run

Divenstar
04-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Is anyone interested in a fun run during the Detroit River Days Festival or during/prior to the Gold Cup/thunderboat races????

In addintion, I'd like to know if there is any interest in a water born Blues/Rock concert near Peche Island / Belle Isle (out of the shipping channel)...ala Labor Day at Crystal Bay...just like in the old days...

Let me know your thoughts...

Divenstar :party:

phragle
04-10-2009, 09:18 PM
the labor day would have some competition from the port clinton festivities and races...

Divenstar
04-10-2009, 09:37 PM
the labor day would have some competition from the port clinton festivities and races...

It wouldn't be during Labor Day wekend...

I was just referring tho the "Super Party" at Crystal Bay during the Labor Day weekend...

The owner of Eagle Trailers would have barges/generators/entertainers/dancers/bands, etc...

I have yet to experience anythig else like it...

It was pre-911 and the only thing i can liken it to would be the scene in "Apocolypse Now", where the Army PBR boat is slowly running up the Mecong at night and comes upon a bridge with lights and rockets going off...and Martin Sheen asks a spaced-out soldier, "Who's in charge??" and the replies "You ain't it???...

You had to be there...Put-in-Bay had nothing on Crystasl Bay...

In fact, my crew would stay at Crystal Bay on thurs & friday to get our minds right...then head to Cleveland or Put-in-Bay to continue the party on Sat. & Sun...

On many occassions, we'd just stay at Crystal bay....Cause we couldn't find any good reason to leave...

Divenstar :biggrinjester:

Brian41
04-11-2009, 09:04 AM
Spent every weekend at Crystal Bay for years I had the 25 Checkmate "Heartbeat". Life was a party :sifone:

Divenstar
04-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Spent every weekend at Crystal Bay for years I had the 25 Checkmate "Heartbeat". Life was a party :sifone:

I'm glad someone else remembers the "good ole days"...

Even White Sands and Sugar Island were rockin' as well...

I also miss the seperate jet ski and jet boat "test tracks" on either side of the bay...

But more importantly, racing other enthusiastic go-go boaters down the Livingston Channel dragway...

BTW...Crystal Bay is in Canadian waters and it was/is legal to go top-less...

You could pilot any type of vessel...as long as it had a self-contained toilet...

Many a swim platform or homemade raft w/porta-potty were in attendance...

What a laugh!!!!

I really, really miss those days...

That's why Jobbie-nooner, Gull Island &/or Put-in-Bay really don't float my boat...

We had flight attenants from all over the country flying in on the weekends to hang out with our crew...

And the diving and fishing was excellent as well...

Lake Havasu has nothing on Crystal Bay days.....

Divenstar :drool5: