PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Powerboat Club of Florida!

PokerRunMike
04-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Hey gang...new boating club in the Tampa/St. Petersburg/Sarasota areas of Florida! I am the former OPBA president, and have done numerous events for them! Now its time to take the bull by the horns! Come see what great things this NEW club will offer everyone!

Fun and Prosperity to all fellow powerboaters!

Check us out at www.WestCoastPowerBoatClub.com

PARADOX
04-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Went on the site Mike.. Where is the registration info? etc.

I'm in.. :)

SKATIN
04-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Schedule looks great. Can't wait for the bbq! Mikes an awesome guy this summer should be a lot of fun!

florida gator
04-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Mike
Great talking to you down at first Friday. You said it was coming. I didn't know you meant in a week!!!

I look forward to some of the events.

ChiefApache
04-18-2009, 11:08 AM
If you send me via a PM info on your poker run functions, we will add them to the events calendar.

PokerRunMike
05-22-2009, 02:48 PM
Well...it seems mother nature has it in for us! Yup, looks like she's gonna ruffle our feathers a little this weekend. Fortunately, the weather shows signs of improvement. Also, we will be utilizing the intercoastal waterways, and try to avoid the large swells of the open water, should it become rough. Hey, we've been through much worse...and this Low pressure system is making its way outta here!

We also want to thank Spencer Sommer for another amazing BBQ bash last weekend! Even the rain could not hinder the fun. But it did make my potato salad a bit wet. Thanks so much Spencer...you have a great supply of friends...we love ya brotha! Look for pictures on his MySpace page, along with pictures on Facebook!

The plan for Saturday is to meet at the South-East cove of Egmont Key at around noon! Look for the familiar boats that you see on many of the powerboating websites, but namely the 45' Excalibur "Silent Partner"! Bring your lines and fenders, and your rafting skills! Being a holiday weekend, its gonna be tight, but we will always make room for a fellow Powerboat Club member!! Bring lots of water toys, sun screen, bottles of water, and a great attitude! See the 2 attached flyers for the details!

We will be at this Egmont location from noon until about 2:30 - 3:00 pm. We will begin peeling off around 2:30 to 2:45 and head south in the intercoastal...follow the other boats if you do not know your way down to Casey Key. This is where it really gets fun! It will be my pleasure to snap all kinds of pictures of you wild and crazies...and yup...I will bring my little video camera too! Just remember to obey the rules of the waterways...the Sarasota police will have a nice little talk with you if you forget!

The plan is to arrive at Casey Key Fish House no later than 4:00 pm! Again, bring your lines and fenders, and needless to say, your rafting skills again! Once you are securely tied up, head on up to the great new tiki bar area where all the fun will begin! Lots of fun instore for this event...lots of giveaways, and plenty of entertainment. Hungry? Jimmy will have the famous grill going, and there will be plenty of yummy food available! Did I mention we will be advertised on 102.5? Did I forget to tell you about the live entertainment? Oh...just too much to list! Be there!

We are trying to secure more rooms at the Sarasota Hotel and Marina for those that need to stay over night. Click on this website to see more info... http://www.sarasotahotelmarina.com . I am looking to block off some rooms for us, so feel free to call them at 941-355-2781 and ask for the group rate for the West Coast Powerboat Club. You will also need to make arrangements for your boat as well. Very friendly people, and they will help out nicely! Don't forget the wild South Lido Beach Party on Sunday! We will have more details on Saturday.

Also, come join our group on Facebook and get real time updates of our club events!! We are linked with many other great organizations, such as the Florida Powerboat Club, and we all look to keep you in the loop of all the great events coming up!

Keep your eyes on the weather, be safe, and we'll see you on the water this weekend!!

Michael Erturk
Poker Run/Event Coordinator/Founder
pokerrunmike@hotmail.com

West Coast Power Boat Club, LLC (of Florida)
www.WestCoastPowerBoatClub.com

Check our calendar for the next event in your area!